Tel'abim is done, it's too late to fix the balance without forcibly changing faction

Vaikaris

Tel'abim is done, it's too late to fix the balance without forcibly changing faction

Post by Vaikaris » Thu Nov 16, 2023 7:25 pm

We were praying turtle doesn't repeat the mistake blizzard did with factions. Surely they had the lessons of classic to work with? Once one faction starts dominating even a little, it snowballs and is too late to do anything. Even servers that during classic were offered early free transfers simply died once it had tipped.

Horde completely dominate the open world. Level 45+ zones are fully camped, every quest zone has minimum 3-4 hordes that are 5+ levels above the zone and at least one 60 undead rogue corpse camping anyone they see. The result is more and more alliance quit once they touch higher levels and the tryhards that got to 60 are solidifying into more elite players that dominate the BGs they choose to play (premading, arenas) ruining pvp at 60 for hordes. It's done, we're headed for the same fate every single classic pvp server had.

The promise devs had that they would lock a faction if it outnumbered the other, which they didn't do, doesn't even matter any more. It doesn't matter if the only new characters are alliance if they are unable to level past 45 anyway.

Forced faction changes or massive boosts (such as exp bonus that reflects the % difference in higher levels) may remedy the situation, but anything else will at this point do nothing. The promised faction balance had to happen immediately, now it's too late.

No this isn't a doompost or a crying post. This damages everyone. Horde are crying more because all they're facing is the elite tryhards who managed to get to 60 fast. It's not an exaggeration, because this happened 20+ times in classic, every single time, no exception.

And no, this isn't just "pvp happened" or "pvp is bad anyway". As long as faction balance remains pvp is totally fine and we knew this, twow knew this, they promised us faction balance and simply didn't deliver it. There was even an outright lie - we were promised faction locks when one faction outnumbers the other. Even if its 55-45 for horde, they DO outnumber alliance and there's no faction lock in place.

I'm extremely disappointed. After implementing no rank decay I thought the devs finally cared about pvp, but they created a pvp server and intentionally let it die.

Jammyxx

Re: Tel'abim is done, it's too late to fix the balance without forcibly changing faction

Post by Jammyxx » Thu Nov 16, 2023 7:29 pm

Myself and countless others spammed the turtle forums with why this was destined to fail and a stupid fucking idea. But like usual the Devs think they know better and it's ended like we all predicted. Hilarious.

I bet they're rubbing their hands at all the bags and brain washing devices that they sold on a soon to be one factioned then dead server.
Last edited by Jammyxx on Thu Nov 16, 2023 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Frantsel
Has liked: 5 times

Re: Tel'abim is done, it's too late to fix the balance without forcibly changing faction

Post by Frantsel » Thu Nov 16, 2023 7:31 pm

Well there are many mistakes made with Tel'Abim.

Just grab the xpbonus from a tent and grind somewhere quiet.

I did that and leveling was no problem. When I got ganked, I moved somewhere else.

Abandon questing and get your gear from dungeons if a weapon upgrade is needed.

Vaikaris

Post by Vaikaris » Thu Nov 16, 2023 7:39 pm

Jammyxx wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2023 7:29 pm
Myself and countless others spammed the turtle forums with why this was destined to fail and a stupid fucking idea. But like usual the Devs think they know better and it's ended like we all predicted. Hilarious.

I bet they're rubbing their hands at all the bags and brain washing devices that they sold on a soon to be one factioned then dead server.
It was not destined to fail. If they did what they promised it would have been fine.

Vaikaris

Post by Vaikaris » Thu Nov 16, 2023 7:41 pm

Frantsel wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2023 7:31 pm
Well there are many mistakes made with Tel'Abim.

Just grab the xpbonus from a tent and grind somewhere quiet.

I did that and leveling was no problem. When I got ganked, I moved somewhere else.

Abandon questing and get your gear from dungeons if a weapon upgrade is needed.
This isn't a personal issue. It's a server issue. I'm already past the bad part. Others are quitting - the casuals under 50. Guilds are starting to empty, LFT no longer pops any groups for any dungeon below BRD.

Jammyxx

Post by Jammyxx » Thu Nov 16, 2023 7:42 pm

Vaikaris wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2023 7:39 pm
Jammyxx wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2023 7:29 pm

It was not destined to fail. If they did what they promised it would have been fine.
Mate, everyone knew they wouldn't implement that system. They've been saying they would fix paladins and that was a year ago. They'll make any rubbish like that up so people flock in and donate for all the bags on a fresh server.

Wilczan

Post by Wilczan » Thu Nov 16, 2023 7:42 pm

There should be class balance changes before server release.

There should be faction racials balance before server release.

Since 2004, players tend to go horde on pvp servers, mostly couse of racials. Ok, maybe it wasn't so obvious at the begnning.

No lessons learned from the past and server released too soon.

I'am just waiting till population drops to the point that they would be forced to introduce cross-server battlegrounds, couse of whining players, and I could play with them on my twink : P

Vaikaris

Post by Vaikaris » Thu Nov 16, 2023 7:45 pm

Wilczan wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2023 7:42 pm

Since 2004, players tend to go horde on pvp servers, mostly couse of racials. Ok, maybe it wasn't so obvious at the begnning.

I'am just waiting till population drops to the point that they would be forced to introduce cross-server battlegrounds, couse of whining players, and I could play with them on my twink : P
This would be a ridiculous mistake, pvp on the main realm is screwed because of full t3 and twinks, imagine placing that against fresh characters...

Wilczan

Post by Wilczan » Thu Nov 16, 2023 7:48 pm

Vaikaris wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2023 7:45 pm
Wilczan wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2023 7:42 pm

This would be a ridiculous mistake, pvp on the main realm is screwed because of full t3 and twinks, imagine placing that against fresh characters...
You're right. Now it would be, but after a 6-12 months not so much. Wonder, what population there will be on pvp after this time.
Besides, on main server, freshly dinged players face the same challenge, against t3 and twinks. Cross faction would be just big influx of new players.

Tacticalnelf

Post by Tacticalnelf » Thu Nov 16, 2023 8:21 pm

Tel'abim is a pvp realm, if you don't like it and have decided to play just because the server is fresh then it's entirely your fault. Nothing the developers do will stop the opposing faction from chasing you or from frequenting zones with a large level difference.

The players who are quitting aren't pvp material

Whalemilk

Post by Whalemilk » Thu Nov 16, 2023 8:38 pm

Okay, let me get this straight.

You are upset that the faction balance isn’t perfect 50/50. Which is impossible.

You are upset that you are getting PVP’d in a PVP server.

And you think the server is dying when it has thousands of people playing?

I could understand if the faction balance was 90/10… but you are complaining about 55/45? I think you need to grow a pair or head somewhere else.

Jc473

Post by Jc473 » Thu Nov 16, 2023 8:45 pm

Vaikaris wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2023 7:25 pm
We were praying turtle doesn't repeat the mistake blizzard did with factions. Surely they had the lessons of classic to work with? Once one faction starts dominating even a little, it snowballs and is too late to do anything. Even servers that during classic were offered early free transfers simply died once it had tipped.

Horde completely dominate the open world. Level 45+ zones are fully camped, every quest zone has minimum 3-4 hordes that are 5+ levels above the zone and at least one 60 undead rogue corpse camping anyone they see. The result is more and more alliance quit once they touch higher levels and the tryhards that got to 60 are solidifying into more elite players that dominate the BGs they choose to play (premading, arenas) ruining pvp at 60 for hordes. It's done, we're headed for the same fate every single classic pvp server had.

The promise devs had that they would lock a faction if it outnumbered the other, which they didn't do, doesn't even matter any more. It doesn't matter if the only new characters are alliance if they are unable to level past 45 anyway.

Forced faction changes or massive boosts (such as exp bonus that reflects the % difference in higher levels) may remedy the situation, but anything else will at this point do nothing. The promised faction balance had to happen immediately, now it's too late.

No this isn't a doompost or a crying post. This damages everyone. Horde are crying more because all they're facing is the elite tryhards who managed to get to 60 fast. It's not an exaggeration, because this happened 20+ times in classic, every single time, no exception.

And no, this isn't just "pvp happened" or "pvp is bad anyway". As long as faction balance remains pvp is totally fine and we knew this, twow knew this, they promised us faction balance and simply didn't deliver it. There was even an outright lie - we were promised faction locks when one faction outnumbers the other. Even if its 55-45 for horde, they DO outnumber alliance and there's no faction lock in place.
1) the devs have absolutely done their job with regards to faction population balance. Take a look at the population graph (https://turtle-wow.org/#/population-graph) and it shows that throughout the lifespan of the server, the Alliance:Horde ratio has been ~46%:54%. Prior to the server launch, anyone would've bitten their hand off if they actually got to play a server with this kind of persistent ratio. Also, please note that they were aware of tactics like creating lots of level 1 alts on one faction to create 'space' to play on the other one. The data captures only 'relevant' characters on the server. The real question is whether is 46% number is polluted with players who have either quit or have drastically different playstyles compared to the Horde faction. This brings me onto my next point....

2) you cannot control what sort of players roll on either faction. From my understanding, it seems that your average Horde player is way more bloodthirsty (and organised) for world PvP. This is something that no server owners can, or ever should, control. Let's have a look at your suggestions for a moment; 1) forced faction changes - this is an absolutely horrendous idea. I cannot think of a better way to make a player quit the server. 2) XP bonus - has it occurred to you that people don't necessarily want to speed through to the game to 'overcome' these pvp problems?

The bottom line is that they have achieved their faction balance goal from an administrative point of view. After that, they can't (and shouldn't) interfere with how the players are playing the game (aside from griefing/exploiting). This environment is a player created one and it's going to require the players to 'resolve it'.

Vaikaris wrote:
I'm extremely disappointed. After implementing no rank decay I thought the devs finally cared about pvp, but they created a pvp server and intentionally let it die.
Can we stop this sort of rhetoric please? It's ridiculously melodramatic (and disingenuous) to make these sorts of claims. Normally, I'd assume the person is just shit talking, but judging from your overall tone (and post history), you seem like someone who is impossible to please and should probably do something else with your life. The amount of stress you appear to be taking on is probably shaving years off your life.

Vaikaris

Post by Vaikaris » Thu Nov 16, 2023 9:24 pm

Jc473 wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2023 8:45 pm
Vaikaris wrote:

1) the devs have absolutely done their job with regards to faction population balance. Take a look at the population graph (https://turtle-wow.org/#/population-graph) and it shows that throughout the lifespan of the server, the Alliance:Horde ratio has been ~46%:54%. Prior to the server launch, anyone would've bitten their hand off if they actually got to play a server with this kind of persistent ratio. Also, please note that they were aware of tactics like creating lots of level 1 alts on one faction to create 'space' to play on the other one. The data captures only 'relevant' characters on the server. The real question is whether is 46% number is polluted with players who have either quit or have drastically different playstyles compared to the Horde faction. This brings me onto my next point....

2) you cannot control what sort of players roll on either faction. From my understanding, it seems that your average Horde player is way more bloodthirsty (and organised) for world PvP. This is something that no server owners can, or ever should, control. Let's have a look at your suggestions for a moment; 1) forced faction changes - this is an absolutely horrendous idea. I cannot think of a better way to make a player quit the server. 2) XP bonus - has it occurred to you that people don't necessarily want to speed through to the game to 'overcome' these pvp problems?

The bottom line is that they have achieved their faction balance goal from an administrative point of view. After that, they can't (and shouldn't) interfere with how the players are playing the game (aside from griefing/exploiting). This environment is a player created one and it's going to require the players to 'resolve it'.

Vaikaris wrote:
Can we stop this sort of rhetoric please? It's ridiculously melodramatic (and disingenuous) to make these sorts of claims. Normally, I'd assume the person is just shit talking, but judging from your overall tone (and post history), you seem like someone who is impossible to please and should probably do something else with your life. The amount of stress you appear to be taking on is probably shaving years off your life.
Yes, I come on the forums to complain. There's not much else to do here, since a lot more happens on the discord in terms of communication.

I am still confused why people are ignoring the fact this has happened 20+ times in classic with the EXACT same consequences every single time.
Also, the population graph means NOTHING without the context of what it is in specific level brackets.

Reploidrocsa

Post by Reploidrocsa » Thu Nov 16, 2023 9:55 pm

It's a PVP server, what did you expect?

Jc473

Post by Jc473 » Thu Nov 16, 2023 9:59 pm

Vaikaris wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2023 9:24 pm
I am still confused why people are ignoring the fact this has happened 20+ times in classic with the EXACT same consequences every single time.
Also, the population graph means NOTHING without the context of what it is in specific level brackets.
What happened "20+ times in classic" is a complete faction imbalance issue where one faction was almost non existent on a given server. This is categorically not happening on this server as the graph demonstrates.

As mentioned in my post, controlling the faction balance is just about all the devs can (and should) do. Does it mean that there are balanced pockets of activity throughout the level brackets? Of course not. This is completely dictated by player behaviour and a lot of people would argue that it's for the players to 'resolve'.

In terms of devs stepping in to ensure there is balance across all level brackets, this is an absolute fool's errand. Assuming that it is the correct course of action, you imply that this is something they should've figured out ages ago or reacted within the tiny timeframe 'before it's too late!!!!'. It really isn't so easy to control player behaviour without kicking a hornet's nest...

Vaikaris

Post by Vaikaris » Thu Nov 16, 2023 10:30 pm

Jc473 wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2023 9:59 pm
Vaikaris wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2023 9:24 pm
What happened "20+ times in classic" is a complete faction imbalance issue where one faction was almost non existent on a given server. This is categorically not happening on this server as the graph demonstrates.

As mentioned in my post, controlling the faction balance is just about all the devs can (and should) do. Does it mean that there are balanced pockets of activity throughout the level brackets? Of course not. This is completely dictated by player behaviour and a lot of people would argue that it's for the players to 'resolve'.

In terms of devs stepping in to ensure there is balance across all level brackets, this is an absolute fool's errand. Assuming that it is the correct course of action, you imply that this is something they should've figured out ages ago or reacted within the tiny timeframe 'before it's too late!!!!'. It really isn't so easy to control player behaviour without kicking a hornet's nest...
Every single one of the classic servers was close to 50-50 balance for the first few months. Or at most a slight imbalance.

In every single one of those cases it got to the point one faction had more 60s to camp/gank people and the servers went to 98% for that faction.

Devs ABSOLUTELY should have implemented the faction control at the start. Even in those population graphs you link above to excuse their inaction, balance is STILL 57-43%. It should have been hard locked at 50-50 in terms of new characters.

Vaikaris

Post by Vaikaris » Thu Nov 16, 2023 10:30 pm

Reploidrocsa wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2023 9:55 pm
What we were promised - faction balancing.

Tacticalnelf

Post by Tacticalnelf » Thu Nov 16, 2023 10:53 pm

Vaikaris wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2023 10:30 pm
Reploidrocsa wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2023 9:55 pm
What we were promised - faction balancing.
it is balanced, In general the horde is united, whenever I'm facing an horde player and I see an alliance player passing by he doesn't give a damn and doesn't interfere, at the same time when that player is being ganked he thinks the world is conspiring against him

Jc473

Post by Jc473 » Thu Nov 16, 2023 11:00 pm

Vaikaris wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2023 10:30 pm
Every single one of the classic servers was close to 50-50 balance for the first few months. Or at most a slight imbalance.

In every single one of those cases it got to the point one faction had more 60s to camp/gank people and the servers went to 98% for that faction.

Devs ABSOLUTELY should have implemented the faction control at the start. Even in those population graphs you link above to excuse their inaction, balance is STILL 57-43%. It should have been hard locked at 50-50 in terms of new characters.
To be clear, at all points in the graph, it's 54-46 which is within the 55-45 threshold. This 5% leeway is primarily a consideration for the people near the server launch who wanted to join as a group (e.g. a guild). So, they already had implemented the faction control from the start and it’s hitting their target. By the way, were you aware of how many people were already put off by the fact that they were implementing faction locks at all? There was no shortage of people clamoring about this particular decision. So, how do you cater to people like that and people like you who want a strict 50-50...?

The fundamental difference between the Classic servers and this one is that you will not be allowed to create more characters on the faction which exceeds the 55-45 threshold. The only way it will, effectively, get to a 98:2 ratio, is if enough of the 'losing' faction start mass quitting. Again, very difficult to stop players doing that even if, on the whole, the balance was within the 55-45 threshold.
Last edited by Jc473 on Fri Nov 17, 2023 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Karrados

Post by Karrados » Thu Nov 16, 2023 11:10 pm

https://imgur.com/a/szFn9LW

The Faction Balance has remained more or less the same since the launch with only minuscule changes. I am kind of shocked that it is how it is while I am also surprised about the amount of whining regarding Balance.

So what if there are 200-300 more Horde players at peak times? No one gave a fuck when the only PVP option was the Main server with Warmode and the Alliance outnumbered the Horde with +2-3k most of the time in raw numbers.

The only thing Alliance players told you, if you brought that up, was to "Turn off Warmode" or to "Get Gud" so take that advice and stop playing on a PVP server. Things will never be balanced and I highly doubt that they will touch Racials or prevent Characters from being made as long as the Faction is dominating.

Oomentaloo

Post by Oomentaloo » Fri Nov 17, 2023 2:47 am

The total numbers can't paint you the whole picture though. How is the balance in different leveling brackets? Are there different approaches to leveling? Are there maybe Alliance groups that spam dungeons?
First question if you want the server to be balanced and fun:
Have these frustrated players a point or is it whining from unworthy PvE scum? :D
And everybody should think about it without the faction he plays in mind.

Jc473

Post by Jc473 » Fri Nov 17, 2023 3:04 am

Oomentaloo wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 2:47 am
The total numbers can't paint you the whole picture though. How is the balance in different leveling brackets? Are there different approaches to leveling? Are there maybe Alliance groups that spam dungeons?
Have these frustrated players a point or is it whining from unworthy PvE scum? :D
Indeed but the OP is landing this intra bracket imbalance at the feet of the devs which is something that, arguably, shouldn’t be their responsibility. You can ask anyone and they’ll tell you the major pitfall of a PvP server is the faction balance. The TWoW devs have achieved this but it’s up to the players to make the most of it. I think it’s a decent bet that there is just a massive behaviour difference between your average Horde and Alliance player.

It gonna sound weird but even on a PvP server, you can’t can’t expect everyone to relentlessly engage in wPvP nor can you force them. So, it just creates pockets of imbalanced PvP especially when people are willing to patrol en masse.

Asking the devs to solve this particular age-old problem is naive.

Oomentaloo

Post by Oomentaloo » Fri Nov 17, 2023 3:21 am

Jc473 wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 3:04 am
Oomentaloo wrote:
Indeed but the OP is landing this intra bracket imbalance at the feet of the devs which is something that, arguably, shouldn’t be their responsibility. You can ask anyone and they’ll tell you the major pitfall of a PvP server is the faction balance. The TWoW devs have achieved this but it’s up to the players to make the most of it. I think it’s a decent bet that there is just a massive behaviour difference between your average Horde and Alliance player.

It gonna sound weird but even on a PvP server, you can’t can’t expect everyone to relentlessly engage in wPvP nor can you force them. So, it just creates pockets of imbalanced PvP especially when people are willing to patrol en masse.

I agree 100%.
The only people that can change that are the players. But even outside the game, the players look out for their own faction advantage and not for the whole server population.
What I've heard is that the horde guilds are overall way more organized while on the alliance side it is more casual.
Some good PvP players like the disadvantage in wPvP, but it's maybe too frustrating for the normal player so he stops playing or switches faction. And then you have no enemies in wPvP.

Tutayanova

Post by Tutayanova » Fri Nov 17, 2023 3:35 am

Going to pvp server and cry because you pvp in pvp server. Okaaaay
mb u need more cooperate and talk with people? Just make groups and fight, no?

Phil29

Post by Phil29 » Fri Nov 17, 2023 4:15 am

It takes the average dedicated leveling player about 130-170 hours to get from 1 to 60. The server has been up for 21 days. Nobody is "blocked" at a certain level, they just have jobs and kids and lives. if you got to 60 already, good for you. Now wait for the many to catch up, it will take another 2-4 weeks before the lvl 60 gets really populated and bgs popping.

Blackduck

Post by Blackduck » Fri Nov 17, 2023 4:41 am

Yeah it sounds like that you just need to organize better. You should be traveling as a group at all times on a world pvp server. Doing anything by yourself is just asking for trouble

Ataika

Post by Ataika » Fri Nov 17, 2023 7:08 am

It's done since the very idea of release, online will be worse and it will fade away

Harkus

Post by Harkus » Fri Nov 17, 2023 11:10 am

The thing we knew would happen has happened, wow!
I hope it was worth spending all the time and effort on this server instead of fixing the original realm

Vaikaris

Post by Vaikaris » Fri Nov 17, 2023 12:18 pm

Blackduck wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 4:41 am
Yeah it sounds like that you just need to organize better. You should be traveling as a group at all times on a world pvp server. Doing anything by yourself is just asking for trouble
There's no longer alliance at 45+ in most zones to group up with.

This is a general issue, not a personal one and it's not solvable.

Vaikaris

Post by Vaikaris » Fri Nov 17, 2023 12:18 pm

Harkus wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 11:10 am
The thing we knew would happen has happened, wow!
I hope it was worth spending all the time and effort on this server instead of fixing the original realm
Actually, if devs did what they promised it wouldn't have happened.

Vaikaris

Post by Vaikaris » Fri Nov 17, 2023 12:23 pm

Jc473 wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 3:04 am
Oomentaloo wrote:

Devs are responsible, because they promised to lock factions if imbalance started. We've been at 55-45 imbalance even according to their own census for a week and zero measures are taken.

Vaikaris

Post by Vaikaris » Fri Nov 17, 2023 12:27 pm

Let's see if they offer transfers off it. Or they just break their promise, make us commit then leave us to rot.

It'll be especially fun when horde no longer even have BG pops.

Oomentaloo

Post by Oomentaloo » Fri Nov 17, 2023 1:29 pm

Vaikaris wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 12:27 pm
Let's see if they offer transfers off it. Or they just break their promise, make us commit then leave us to rot.

You should come back to reality. As of now the raw numbers are what you were promised.
A 45-55 faction balance is a good spot on the surface. So they delivered.
If your faction doesn't group up or the factions are imbalanced in different level brackets, what can they do about that?
Prevent a lvl 45 horde char to log in until enough alliance chars in that level range also log in?

IF there is a problem on the server with wPvP balance only the players can change that.
Alliance needs better organzsation and/or some good horde guilds change factions for the realms sake.

Threads concerned with this problem are half full with people that claim everything is fine, so there is that.

Vaikaris

Post by Vaikaris » Fri Nov 17, 2023 1:33 pm

Oomentaloo wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 1:29 pm
Vaikaris wrote:

You should come back to reality. As of now the raw numbers are what you were promised.
If your faction doesn't group up or the factions are imbalanced in different level brackets, what can they do about that?
Prevent a lvl 45 horde char to log in until enough alliance chars in that level range also log in?

IF there is a problem on the server with wPvP balance only the players can change that.
Alliance needs better organzsation and/or some good horde guilds change factions for the realms sake.

Threads concerned with this problem are half full with people that claim everything is fine, so there is that.
This has happened 20+ times on classic and there's no mystery here.

What this level of imbalance on higher levels leads to is an impossibility for the dominated faction to level, followed by mass exodus and unplayable imbalance.

This isn't about the fact that it's unpleasant for me, it's about the fact we're on the path to NOBODY being able to play.

Oomentaloo

Post by Oomentaloo » Fri Nov 17, 2023 1:51 pm

Vaikaris wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 1:33 pm
Oomentaloo wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 1:29 pm
Vaikaris wrote:

This has happened 20+ times on classic and there's no mystery here.

What this level of imbalance on higher levels leads to is an impossibility for the dominated faction to level, followed by mass exodus and unplayable imbalance.

This isn't about the fact that it's unpleasant for me, it's about the fact we're on the path to NOBODY being able to play.
I know that.
The problems of PvP realms were discussed before the realm was announced. Until now everything I expected to happen happened. I think the only time a change happened when a very good guild joined Alliance to have a challenge. Then more players follow them and fill up the weaker faction.
But you can see even on the forums players stick to their factions and defend their advantages to the teeth.

I mean people wanted a Turtle PvP realm and the class balance was clear from the get go. But now they complain about Paladins, even though it was well known.
The dev team was always PvE, RP and story focused and now everybody expects PvP fixes.

So do something, pray or quit the server.