Seal of the Crusader judgement : back to vanilla please

Dannic

Seal of the Crusader judgement : back to vanilla please

Post by Dannic » Thu Nov 09, 2023 10:55 am

I really miss the vanilla seal of the crusader judgement effect that simply up the holy damage taken by the target and you refresh it auto when you hit. Simple, elegant, confortable, don't cost a lot of mana.

The turtle judgement is something with limited utility depending of your weapon and situation.

The new skill "Crusader strike" that replace the old seal of the crusader judgement need to be spammed 5 time for stack max improved holy damage : is just horrible to manage and cost a lot of mana.

I dream to see back the vanilla Seal of the Crusader judgement that was perfect as a simple mecanic ;)

And just delete this ugly crusader strike :)

Karrados

Re: Seal of the Crusader judgement : back to vanilla please

Post by Karrados » Thu Nov 09, 2023 12:07 pm

That won't happen, the min-maxer will be screeching too much.

Crusader Strike is more powerful than the Judgement of the Seal, not by a lot but it is more powerful. Not only that but it frees up a slot for Wisdom for mana-gain on bosses etc so it would just be a nerf overall.

I feel like people are forgetting / ignoring the second part here - It frees up the judgement slot, you know? The one that can return mana? or other stuff?

Dannic

Post by Dannic » Thu Nov 09, 2023 12:30 pm

Karrados wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 12:07 pm
That won't happen, the min-maxer will be screeching too much.

Crusader Strike is more powerful than the Judgement of the Seal, not by a lot but it is more powerful. Not only that but it frees up a slot for Wisdom for mana-gain on bosses etc so it would just be a nerf overall.

I feel like people are forgetting / ignoring the second part here - It frees up the judgement slot, you know? The one that can return mana? or other stuff?
The spam of crusader strike is an horrible gameplay (spam 5 times and refresh every 30s by another one) and it drain too much mana when the vanilla seal of the crusader judgement make that in one action and was automatically refresh when you hit the target.

For me it's make an existing simple elegant thing to a disgusting mecanic, i really hate this. I have the feeling it's not the ret pal from vanilla, definitely not a vanilla + but more like burnign crusade but in worst :(

Karrados

Post by Karrados » Thu Nov 09, 2023 12:52 pm

Once again you ignore the obvious: Yes, you spend more mana at the beginning but you can put judgement of wisdom on top of the debuff which actually nets you a gain over a longer fight.

I almost never used judgement of the crusader on normal mobs because they die too quick anyway and it only costs mana in the end. If you refuse to see past the "We are basically allowed to have two judgements on with crusader strike" then I can't help you.

And no, making it so you can two by default is not the way to go about it either.

While I am not overly fond of the Crusader Strike gameplay mechanic I also don't see it as a worse thing than the Judgement of the Crusader deal, if anything I prefer the Crusader Strike becauase of the double judgement that I mentioned above.

Blackduck

Post by Blackduck » Thu Nov 09, 2023 7:47 pm

Dannic wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 10:55 am
I really miss the vanilla seal of the crusader judgement effect that simply up the holy damage taken by the target and you refresh it auto when you hit. Simple, elegant, confortable, don't cost a lot of mana.

The turtle judgement is something with limited utility depending of your weapon and situation.

The new skill "Crusader strike" that replace the old seal of the crusader judgement need to be spammed 5 time for stack max improved holy damage : is just horrible to manage and cost a lot of mana.

I dream to see back the vanilla Seal of the Crusader judgement that was perfect as a simple mecanic ;)

And just delete this ugly crusader strike :)
I prefer the old one simply because it would increase my dps (smite) at the start of the fight if it was actually up. Now I have to wait for the rets to go through their full rotation before I can do full dps on a boss and lately that's taking them forever with all the new changes they're not wanting to use crusader strike as much as they used to.

Dannic

Post by Dannic » Fri Nov 10, 2023 12:05 pm

Karrados wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 12:52 pm
Once again you ignore the obvious: Yes, you spend more mana at the beginning but you can put judgement of wisdom on top of the debuff which actually nets you a gain over a longer fight.

I almost never used judgement of the crusader on normal mobs because they die too quick anyway and it only costs mana in the end. If you refuse to see past the "We are basically allowed to have two judgements on with crusader strike" then I can't help you.

And no, making it so you can two by default is not the way to go about it either.

While I am not overly fond of the Crusader Strike gameplay mechanic I also don't see it as a worse thing than the Judgement of the Crusader deal, if anything I prefer the Crusader Strike becauase of the double judgement that I mentioned above.
crusader strike mecanic is too much long, i used the old seal of crusader judgement in pvp and pve (in dungeon) every time it up directly holy damage, now its impossible and incomfortable.
=> Seriously spam stack 5 times an attack that cost a lot of mana and refresh it by a new attack every 30s, what the hell is this? The seal for ret in bc i always dislike it but it was more simple. Watever the vanilla mecanic was simple why the hell change it? you want liberate a judgment effect on the target, so upgrate the holy damage on seal of command or give a simple buff that upgrade holy damage : 1 not 5, and refresh every single time we it the target.