Nightfin and sunscale fishes gone with new patch?

Drazsee

Nightfin and sunscale fishes gone with new patch?

Post by Drazsee » Thu Oct 05, 2023 9:47 am

As the title says, i usually fishing in Feralas for stonescale eel and nightfin snappers. Before patch 1 hour fishing got me 20 eels, around 10-12 nightfin snappers, now after patch after 30 mins fishing I got 0 eel, 0 nightfin snappers nor any sunscale poacher, just the regular useless white fishes and 1 winter squid. Have 400 fishing total when farming these.

What happened to the 3 fishes mentioned above unhappy_turtle_head ? Can dev team fix this pls? Ty!

Wilczan

Re: Nightfin and sunscale fishes gone with new patch?

Post by Wilczan » Thu Oct 05, 2023 10:41 am

I have noticed, after last patch, that Sunscale Eel pools and floating wreckages, respawn like after 45-50 minutes now. Havn't checked other ones tho.

GM on discord stated that it is working as intended.

I got it, those pools were often crowded by low lvl characters, thad did nothing more than fishing all the time, very often from chinese guilds (from what I saw, it was pre-transfers so could have changed).

But for regular fishermans that used to make some money from it it's "ouch".

In my limited playtime, I used to go fishing for 30-60 minutes and could make some gold from those.
Now I will be able to fish like once or twice from each pool, assuming that someone else won't.

Also, normally, you could have checked on pool, and if it was not present you could just wait few minutes for it to spawn.
Now, what you gonna do? You can wait, but how long? How would you estimate, not knowing when it was drained?
It will be 5 minutes or 45 minutes? Fun fun fun.

Drazsee

Post by Drazsee » Thu Oct 05, 2023 2:16 pm

i never fished eels in pools, just rivers, 1-1,5 hrs for 20 pcs was good for me, since i'm alchemy and have limited time to play also.
But the other 2 type of fishes is still a question, those tied to time periods not pools, and still none of them drops.
Guess we wait then :/

Wwy12321

Post by Wwy12321 » Thu Oct 05, 2023 2:25 pm

2 days passed still no nightfin and sunscale, and no response, seems there is no plan to fix it.
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=10527

Wilczan

Post by Wilczan » Sat Oct 07, 2023 4:38 pm

It is actually very bad right now. I run today and yesterday and almost no fishing pools at all (stonescale, blackmouth, wreckages).

Those pools spawn so rarely that almost anywhere you get, someone else probably already got it.
If you're lucky, you might find some, but not worth for amount of time spend at whole.
Sad.

Drazsee

Post by Drazsee » Sat Oct 14, 2023 6:13 am

Still the same, didn't see anything about this in the new changelogs :(

Wilczan

Post by Wilczan » Fri Oct 20, 2023 5:09 am

Maybe respawn timers could be lowered but skill requirement raised to fish from those?

Balake

Post by Balake » Fri Oct 20, 2023 8:54 am

This change/bug caused Rumsey Rum Black Label to triple in price since the day before the patch's release.

Wilczan

Post by Wilczan » Sun Oct 22, 2023 8:36 pm

Yep, Black label is now like 70s-1g.

Even rum dark is 40-50s now.

Pumpkinbacon

Post by Pumpkinbacon » Tue Nov 07, 2023 12:13 am

Seems like nightfin at least is still not available.