Druid balance viability and gearing

Post Reply
Thrallodar2
Posts: 7

Druid balance viability and gearing

Post by Thrallodar2 » Wed Oct 11, 2023 8:58 am

Greetings my druid enjoyers,

I am a PVE and PVP enjoyer and would like to heal/DPS as moonkin.

As for PVP, I would do a mixed balance/resto build involving spell power.

I know resto druid is viable and it seems to be even stronger considering the turtle changes.

What about gearing ?
Do we have some custom leather pieces adapted for balance druids ?
Are they any sets ?
Is it easy to PVE as moonkin in order to get this stuff or are we out of raids ?
Will I be in competition with cloth DPS for loots and therefore not able to gear myself ?

Database is down si I need your help !

Regards,

Thrallodar

Drubarrymooer
Posts: 879

Re: Druid balance viability and gearing

Post by Drubarrymooer » Wed Oct 11, 2023 10:11 am

I'm feral and have never played boomy but I have a bit of knowledge from observation and paying attention to change logs.

Boomkin has decent dps. They're not as mana efficient as other casters and aren't generally top DPS, but it's certainly respectable. Think top 10, just not consistently top 5. As always, it depends on the fight.

There is LOADS of custom gear. Per the norm, you'll be wearing a lot of cloth gear, however, there's a ton of decent leather stuff. T2.5 received some boomy love. There are some good pieces off world bosses. There's some good gear in the recently released raids (Emerald Sanctum, Kara Crypts) as well.

As for pve viability, turtle is more about the journey than the destination. I can't speak for all guilds, but most of the guilds I've come across don't necessarily shun "meme specs" from raids. This isn't supposed to be the sweaty min/max chad fest that was/is classic/retail. There are some guilds that operate like that, but in my experience they are the minority.

Specwise, I can't help you much there. There are a fair amount of "moon glow" folks. I advise to browse the druid forums. You can always ask in the #druid channel in the twow discord, though in my experience it's not the best channel as there are folks that hang out there that don't even play that are quick to crap on everything, including folks that don't even play druid. Lol. Some ppl have no life and are just happy being negative I guess.

I highly suggest looking at Lexie's git and her addons. https://github.com/Lexiebean custom decursive and atlasloot among others are what you should get. Atlasloot will let you browse the new/modified loot.

Tldr; yes you can raid, yes there's custom gear. Just make sure you're having fun.

Hope that helps a little. Enjoy your time on twow.

Thrallodar2
Posts: 7

Re: Druid balance viability and gearing

Post by Thrallodar2 » Wed Oct 11, 2023 3:00 pm

Thank you for this answer and all these valuables informations.

It motivates me to give it a shot !

Had no clue about this AtlasLoot updated for Turtle contents !

See you in game !

Justdjango
Posts: 9

Re: Druid balance viability and gearing

Post by Justdjango » Wed Oct 11, 2023 4:22 pm

Drubarrymooer wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2023 10:11 am
I'm feral and have never played boomy but I have a bit of knowledge from observation and paying attention to change logs.

Boomkin has decent dps. They're not as mana efficient as other casters and aren't generally top DPS, but it's certainly respectable. Think top 10, just not consistently top 5. As always, it depends on the fight.

There is LOADS of custom gear. Per the norm, you'll be wearing a lot of cloth gear, however, there's a ton of decent leather stuff. T2.5 received some boomy love. There are some good pieces off world bosses. There's some good gear in the recently released raids (Emerald Sanctum, Kara Crypts) as well.

As for pve viability, turtle is more about the journey than the destination. I can't speak for all guilds, but most of the guilds I've come across don't necessarily shun "meme specs" from raids. This isn't supposed to be the sweaty min/max chad fest that was/is classic/retail. There are some guilds that operate like that, but in my experience they are the minority.

Specwise, I can't help you much there. There are a fair amount of "moon glow" folks. I advise to browse the druid forums. You can always ask in the #druid channel in the twow discord, though in my experience it's not the best channel as there are folks that hang out there that don't even play that are quick to crap on everything, including folks that don't even play druid. Lol. Some ppl have no life and are just happy being negative I guess.

I highly suggest looking at Lexie's git and her addons. https://github.com/Lexiebean custom decursive and atlasloot among others are what you should get. Atlasloot will let you browse the new/modified loot.

Tldr; yes you can raid, yes there's custom gear. Just make sure you're having fun.

Hope that helps a little. Enjoy your time on twow.
How is feral druid in raids? Do you enjoy your rotation?

Drubarrymooer
Posts: 879

Re: Druid balance viability and gearing

Post by Drubarrymooer » Wed Oct 11, 2023 5:34 pm

Justdjango wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2023 4:22 pm
How is feral druid in raids? Do you enjoy your rotation?
They are phenomenal. I tank most of the time but DPS is great too. My only complaint is that the be Wolf's Head Helm enchant is pretty expensive. The elemental dagger build also irritates me because it requires far less effort and you're doing really good DPS in lower lvl blues and greens. But if you're good at the rotation or even skilled enough to make a 1 button macro for DPS, you'll be very close to the top on meters. I use Patchwerk as a good example. It's rare I can dps there but I've been #1 once or twice and in the top 3 several times

The new additions of feral attack power and the ability to use polearms is amazing. Having the engineering version of the MCP which is rechargeable is nice if you don't want to farm them. That's a nice addition as well. My bags are very full. Lol

User avatar
Reploidrocsa
Posts: 500
Likes: 4 times

Re: Druid balance viability and gearing

Post by Reploidrocsa » Wed Oct 11, 2023 6:32 pm

Druids (and on some extend any other class capable of performing more roles than DPS) are seen as a whole package: A druid who's main preference is DPS boomkin, but tanks and heals when it's absolutelly necessary is a huge asset and always welcomed on raid teams. A druid of this kind can provide crit buff to other casters, a respectable DPS, can help dispelling on certain fights and can even pop out of form and help healing if the situation required. Apart of being able to reespec to other specs to suit the raid needs.

Do that and you'll be considered the MVP even if you don't top off the charts during raids.

As for gear, yes, you'll compete with other clothies, but if you do what i said above they will see you as a good asset and you'll get you gear eventually (same way as a shaman using nightfall to support the raid gets upgrades for his effort despite not topping the DPS meters). There's plenty of new custom upgrades for boomkin druid. In fact, tier 2.5 from AQ40 got reworked and is now a full boomkin set with lots of hit, spell power and spell penetration.

On PVP a mixed balance/resto build is solid, just use your wrath for damage instead of starfire: it's long cast time makes you vulnerable to pushback and interrupts (can use it if they block your nature spells tho).

Thrallodar2
Posts: 7

Re: Druid balance viability and gearing

Post by Thrallodar2 » Thu Oct 12, 2023 3:25 am

Reploidrocsa wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2023 6:32 pm
Druids (and on some extend any other class capable of performing more roles than DPS) are seen as a whole package: A druid who's main preference is DPS boomkin, but tanks and heals when it's absolutelly necessary is a huge asset and always welcomed on raid teams. A druid of this kind can provide crit buff to other casters, a respectable DPS, can help dispelling on certain fights and can even pop out of form and help healing if the situation required. Apart of being able to reespec to other specs to suit the raid needs.

Do that and you'll be considered the MVP even if you don't top off the charts during raids.

As for gear, yes, you'll compete with other clothies, but if you do what i said above they will see you as a good asset and you'll get you gear eventually (same way as a shaman using nightfall to support the raid gets upgrades for his effort despite not topping the DPS meters). There's plenty of new custom upgrades for boomkin druid. In fact, tier 2.5 from AQ40 got reworked and is now a full boomkin set with lots of hit, spell power and spell penetration.

On PVP a mixed balance/resto build is solid, just use your wrath for damage instead of starfire: it's long cast time makes you vulnerable to pushback and interrupts (can use it if they block your nature spells tho).
Thank you for this. I indeed intend to heal/tank if needed for the guild.
Infind these positions morz interesting than DPSing.

But considering I also want to pvp in hybrid balance/resto I will need to gather some spell power gear to be efficient which could require playing DPS in boomkin (or be allowed to roll as tank/healer, not sure unless no one needs).

Its seems totally doable !

Regards.

Pakaczali11
Posts: 4

Re: Druid balance viability and gearing

Post by Pakaczali11 » Sun Nov 05, 2023 1:23 pm

Reploidrocsa wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2023 6:32 pm
Druids (and on some extend any other class capable of performing more roles than DPS) are seen as a whole package: A druid who's main preference is DPS boomkin, but tanks and heals when it's absolutelly necessary is a huge asset and always welcomed on raid teams. A druid of this kind can provide crit buff to other casters, a respectable DPS, can help dispelling on certain fights and can even pop out of form and help healing if the situation required. Apart of being able to reespec to other specs to suit the raid needs.

Do that and you'll be considered the MVP even if you don't top off the charts during raids.

As for gear, yes, you'll compete with other clothies, but if you do what i said above they will see you as a good asset and you'll get you gear eventually (same way as a shaman using nightfall to support the raid gets upgrades for his effort despite not topping the DPS meters). There's plenty of new custom upgrades for boomkin druid. In fact, tier 2.5 from AQ40 got reworked and is now a full boomkin set with lots of hit, spell power and spell penetration.

On PVP a mixed balance/resto build is solid, just use your wrath for damage instead of starfire: it's long cast time makes you vulnerable to pushback and interrupts (can use it if they block your nature spells tho).
Hah "whole package" so instead playing spec that im intrested in (balance/restro) I will be "forced" to play specs I absolutly despise (I use cat form only to stealth away from foes I cant kill). I was there and done that. You either state that you play certain specs or you gonna be "forced" to play other specs (restro or feral tank)

User avatar
Reploidrocsa
Posts: 500
Likes: 4 times

Re: Druid balance viability and gearing

Post by Reploidrocsa » Mon Nov 06, 2023 1:22 pm

Pakaczali11 wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2023 1:23 pm
Reploidrocsa wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2023 6:32 pm
Druids (and on some extend any other class capable of performing more roles than DPS) are seen as a whole package: A druid who's main preference is DPS boomkin, but tanks and heals when it's absolutelly necessary is a huge asset and always welcomed on raid teams. A druid of this kind can provide crit buff to other casters, a respectable DPS, can help dispelling on certain fights and can even pop out of form and help healing if the situation required. Apart of being able to reespec to other specs to suit the raid needs.

Do that and you'll be considered the MVP even if you don't top off the charts during raids.

As for gear, yes, you'll compete with other clothies, but if you do what i said above they will see you as a good asset and you'll get you gear eventually (same way as a shaman using nightfall to support the raid gets upgrades for his effort despite not topping the DPS meters). There's plenty of new custom upgrades for boomkin druid. In fact, tier 2.5 from AQ40 got reworked and is now a full boomkin set with lots of hit, spell power and spell penetration.

On PVP a mixed balance/resto build is solid, just use your wrath for damage instead of starfire: it's long cast time makes you vulnerable to pushback and interrupts (can use it if they block your nature spells tho).
Hah "whole package" so instead playing spec that im intrested in (balance/restro) I will be "forced" to play specs I absolutly despise (I use cat form only to stealth away from foes I cant kill). I was there and done that. You either state that you play certain specs or you gonna be "forced" to play other specs (restro or feral tank)
All it's possible with proper negotiation skills

Post Reply