Rewards for reporting bad actors.

Drubarrymooer

Rewards for reporting bad actors.

Post by Drubarrymooer » Mon Oct 30, 2023 9:25 am

I just had a random thought. Would it be beneficial for the turtle gm team to give rewards for successfully reporting botters, boosters, gold mules, gold sellers, DMN chest sellers, etc? I'm not talking about rewarding everyone for reporting the ones in world and /y. I mean finding and successfully reporting people that takes time to investigate. Maybe you can earn a title like "Honor Guard" or something? There could be exclusive pets, etc. I know there are lots of us out there who actively look for botters, boosters, gold mules etc. I think it could add to more people participating in the hunt.

Edgarek

Re: Rewards for reporting bad actors.

Post by Edgarek » Mon Oct 30, 2023 9:32 am

Its would encourage massive spam reports and accusations, which leads to drama and overall negative experience.

Sylveria
Has liked: 3 times

Post by Sylveria » Mon Oct 30, 2023 9:39 am

Overall I'd say it'd be a good idea to encourage reporting people who are disregarding the rules of the server (whatever form it might be: from Gold Selling to verbal harassment). But I'd agree, that people might abuse that system... on the other side: people who are just abusing the system might be hold responsible for their reports as well.

Reploidrocsa

Post by Reploidrocsa » Mon Oct 30, 2023 9:43 am

Afaik, successful reports are often rewarded with turtle coins

Sylveria

Post by Sylveria » Mon Oct 30, 2023 9:52 am

Reploidrocsa wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 9:43 am
Don't know about that. Never received any. So I call it to be a rumor. ^^

Drubarrymooer

Post by Drubarrymooer » Mon Oct 30, 2023 1:50 pm

Edgarek wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 9:32 am
Its would encourage massive spam reports and accusations, which leads to drama and overall negative experience.
I disagree. There can always be accusations and if they're unfounded the GMs would take no action. How would this spur drama? It's not like the GMs tell users they've been reported and by whom. Literally they port them away and test for botting and anti-afk measures. Who's going to spam tickets to get a title and risk getting themselves a ban for misusing/abusing the system?
Reploidrocsa wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 9:43 am
I know some of my reports have resulted in bans and I've never received one. mad_turtle

Darktifa

Post by Darktifa » Mon Oct 30, 2023 4:40 pm

My nomination

On a side not, that's a brilliant idea
Nobody gonna abuse it.
N o b o d y !
Let's all agree, so that OP gets rewards and maybe a meaning in her life...
Czasku wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:31 pm
After Reading Turtle WoW's forum i understood why Blizzard stopped responding on their own forum topics.

Sylveria

Post by Sylveria » Mon Oct 30, 2023 8:34 pm

Darktifa wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 4:40 pm
My nomination

On a side not, that's a brilliant idea
Nobody gonna abuse it.
N o b o d y !
Let's all agree, so that OP gets rewards and maybe a meaning in her life...
abusation of the system should result in consequences as well as for violation of rules.

Akalix
Has liked: 4 times

Post by Akalix » Mon Oct 30, 2023 8:39 pm

We reward those who open tickets to report issues by taking the time to manually investigate the reports and punishing rulebreakers, providing a better experience for players.

In the case of exploits, we have given token rewards in the past to those who have reported large exploits, however this is done by our discretion, and any requests for "give me tokens for reports :)" will be ignored.
Public Relations / Community Manager / Head of Recruitment

Looking to join Turtle? Need media information? Contact me!

Drubarrymooer

Post by Drubarrymooer » Mon Oct 30, 2023 10:32 pm

Akalix wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 8:39 pm
We reward those who open tickets to report issues by taking the time to manually investigate the reports and punishing rulebreakers, providing a better experience for players.

In the case of exploits, we have given token rewards in the past to those who have reported large exploits, however this is done by our discretion, and any requests for "give me tokens for reports :)" will be ignored.
Hey thanks for clearing that up Akalix! And thank you for not being a trollish jerk like some of our forum members.

Edgarek

Post by Edgarek » Wed Nov 01, 2023 9:16 am

Drubarrymooer wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 1:50 pm
Edgarek wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 9:32 am
I disagree. There can always be accusations and if they're unfounded the GMs would take no action. How would this spur drama? It's not like the GMs tell users they've been reported and by whom. Literally they port them away and test for botting and anti-afk measures.
Its would leads to "GM wouldnt listen to us", "they blind" or "they ignoring us, since troublemaker is donating" e.t.c. Accusations and rumours could easily be spreaded, when lack of information, misscommunication and distrust in place.

Reports should be always be non-profit action, investigated by competent human, to resolve in game issue/rule violation(mostly reporting people, who afk botting).
Drubarrymooer wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 1:50 pm
Who's going to spam tickets to get a title and risk getting themselves a ban for misusing/abusing the system?
Any 2 people, who willing to farm donation points, since Turtle doesnt ban people forever...unless you selling gold/blatanly cheating. If you for example bought gold, only your account will be banned. You still can create new one or join on other one.

So, you could abuse: violate rules - report - receive donation points - buy exclusive mount/illusion/bags - sell account - buy more accounts - and repeat.

Paw

Post by Paw » Wed Nov 01, 2023 9:22 am

You don't ask for reward when bringing the trash outside.

Darktifa

Post by Darktifa » Wed Nov 01, 2023 3:59 pm

Thank u for stating the obvious Akalix!
Czasku wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:31 pm
After Reading Turtle WoW's forum i understood why Blizzard stopped responding on their own forum topics.

Gnomkastaren

Post by Gnomkastaren » Fri Nov 03, 2023 6:25 am

This is a common system in Communist societies, and there's even words for it in many languages - not including English, for some reason, where the closest translation would likely be "system of informants", but it doesn't really encapsulate the pernicious social disintegration of friends and families spying on eachother, and the oppressive atmosphere it fosters by design.

It commodifies justice, turns people against eachother, incentivizes overreporting of """bad actors""" even when nobody and nothing is being harmed or damaged, and feeds suspicion and paranoia. Needless to say, this is an awful idea.

Nevermind that there's already enough GM abuse to go around; this would create clear-cut incentives for downright corruption, as informant "friendlies" would doubtlessly be prioritized.

Enziszero

Post by Enziszero » Fri Nov 03, 2023 6:47 am

There was a time I reported obvious botters on the real blizzard servers, and some time later, blizzard emailed me saying "your report led to action."

To me, that email was a huge reward. It wasn't monetary or anything like that, but it was nice to get verification of action taken to improve the game for everyone. Ultimately, that's what we all want.

Wrathweaver

Post by Wrathweaver » Fri Nov 03, 2023 5:54 pm

I never report people, since being banned must feel terrible if its just verbal stuff and not anything important.
Banning people is like giving players the death penalty, and i dont go around shooting people who insults me in RL.

This kill people who do this or that creates an atmosphere of fear.
And in my view is worse than breaking some of the very strict rules.
Great Sun and Glorious Leader of the Bring Back Judgement of the Crusader movement.

Marafado

Post by Marafado » Fri Nov 03, 2023 6:21 pm

hehe rewards to snitch ;p
i must admit some ppl have "creative" ideias :)

"system of informants" referred by Gnomkastaren.

can make sense bring to the game a bit of real life---> snitches and turncoats insidious_turtle

Drubarrymooer

Post by Drubarrymooer » Fri Nov 03, 2023 9:00 pm

Enziszero wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2023 6:47 am
There was a time I reported obvious botters on the real blizzard servers, and some time later, blizzard emailed me saying "your report led to action."

To me, that email was a huge reward. It wasn't monetary or anything like that, but it was nice to get verification of action taken to improve the game for everyone. Ultimately, that's what we all want.
100% this.

Lol some of these folks just leap to conclusions. It wouldn't lead to communism. Even if having "informants" was a "feature" of communism (its not), it's common for some branches of law enforcement in many non communist countries to use informants. Get a grip folks.

And to the person saying a ban is worse than death? For botters and gold sellers? Eff botters and gold sellers. If you want that on a server, retail exists.