New druid itemization for feral?

Razgrized

New druid itemization for feral?

Post by Razgrized » Thu Aug 24, 2023 10:43 pm

In the latest itemization post it looks like they are adding feral attack power to weapons for druids. How impactful is that likely to be for druids, or is the change sort of ineffectual?

Reploidrocsa

Re: New druid itemization for feral?

Post by Reploidrocsa » Fri Aug 25, 2023 11:13 am

Adding feral attack power to weapons will definitely benefit a lot to feral druids. While haven't done any sim, i've heard using the Eye of Nerub (soon with feral attack power) with +25 agi could rival the dps of the manual crowd pummeler for cat druids.

Bear druids will also want feral attack power weapons, while starting with MCP is always a wise choice, you can maintain the threat better with a good feral attack power weapon

Darkhawkk

Post by Darkhawkk » Sat Aug 26, 2023 6:55 pm

Have they said why weapons with "chance on hit" are not getting the +feral attack power? It still has no effect for us so I'm assuming it's just a stat budget/programming issue of some sort?

My main concern here is going to be the lack of a decent weapon for pvp ferals now if the AV mace isn't getting it. It was already pretty mediocre compared to similar 2 handed maces you can get from even the lower tiered raids but now that they all get the +fap bonus the difference will be even more dramatic.

There's just going to be no way for a strictly pvp feral druid to compete with a raiding feral who easily has anywhere from 100-300 more attack power strictly from the weapon slot.

Elesion

Post by Elesion » Sat Aug 26, 2023 8:43 pm

Darkhawkk wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2023 6:55 pm
Have they said why weapons with "chance on hit" are not getting the +feral attack power? It still has no effect for us so I'm assuming it's just a stat budget/programming issue of some sort?
I think the only official info we have is this post:
Dragunovi wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2023 1:25 pm
Drubarrymooer wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2023 1:12 pm
Will there be feral AP on Hand of Ragnaros? I've been running MC for 52 weeks with no eye drop. I have the sulfuron hammer crafted in my bank. I want this for my FR set to finally put me over cap without buffs/totems. It doesn't need to be an op amount.
Weapons with on hit procs do not get feral attack power as they can't benefit from the main stat of the weapon.
Looks like they want those weapons to go to people who will actually see the proc happening. I'm not aware of any other reasoning.
Darkhawkk wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2023 6:55 pm
My main concern here is going to be the lack of a decent weapon for pvp ferals now if the AV mace isn't getting it. It was already pretty mediocre compared to similar 2 handed maces you can get from even the lower tiered raids but now that they all get the +fap bonus the difference will be even more dramatic.

There's just going to be no way for a strictly pvp feral druid to compete with a raiding feral who easily has anywhere from 100-300 more attack power strictly from the weapon slot.
Yeah, I agree that The Unstoppable Force isn't really a feral weapon either. It's "pretty mediocre" even against blues from the first boss of a 5-person instance (and even if TUF were to get FAP this relationship would remain, since Boneshatter Maul is the same ilvl and rarity doesn't matter for FAP).
There never has been a good feral weapon from PvP, at least now the R14 weapons will be amazing. So far most of the ferals I've encountered in PvP have been using raid weapons already - Blessed Qiraji Warhammer, End of Dreams, etc. People in AQ40 and Naxx have always had a *huge* advantage. So is there really a large group of ferals who raid just BWL and do a lot of PvP that would now get a large buff over strictly PvP ferals? I'm unconvinced. The problem is not TUF lacking FAP, it's PvP weapon rewards in general not really acknowledging the existence of ferals and that is of course a lot harder to fix.

At least after the patch you will be able to pick up a
Blackfury
which will easily put you over all entry-level raid weapons (at least I assume it will get FAP).

Darkhawkk

Post by Darkhawkk » Sat Aug 26, 2023 11:28 pm

Elesion wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2023 8:43 pm

Yeah, I agree that The Unstoppable Force isn't really a feral weapon either. It's "pretty mediocre" even against blues from the first boss of a 5-person instance (and even if TUF were to get FAP this relationship would remain, since Boneshatter Maul is the same ilvl and rarity doesn't matter for FAP).
There never has been a good feral weapon from PvP, at least now the R14 weapons will be amazing. So far most of the ferals I've encountered in PvP have been using raid weapons already - Blessed Qiraji Warhammer, End of Dreams, etc. People in AQ40 and Naxx have always had a *huge* advantage. So is there really a large group of ferals who raid just BWL and do a lot of PvP that would now get a large buff over strictly PvP ferals? I'm unconvinced. The problem is not TUF lacking FAP, it's PvP weapon rewards in general not really acknowledging the existence of ferals and that is of course a lot harder to fix.

At least after the patch you will be able to pick up a
Blackfury
which will easily put you over all entry-level raid weapons (at least I assume it will get FAP).
Hey, thanks for the well thought out, thorough response with links. I'm still a little ignorant on vanilla pve loot tables, especially with the custom turtle content so this helps me out a lot.

Don't have much time to devote to raiding these days but that Blackfury looks nice and easily attainable for me. I'll start getting the mats together so I'm ready to go for patch day.

Scattyau

Post by Scattyau » Sun Aug 27, 2023 6:08 am

Is the lack of a good Feral PvP weapon actually a unique issue though? The lack of any form of weapons except the rep weapons until R14 has always stood out as a gap where you need to PvE to optimise PvP. The majority of specs do NOT get a competitive weapon from PvP excluseively until R14, as in, if you are R13 and pushing R14, your weapon will be miles behind the rest of your kit unless you have also PvE'd.

From my point of view, since the PvP gear is so good for tanking, there is a strong symbiotic relationship between both PvE and PvP and I'm happy to pursue both and have each reward the other.

Mekunekud

Post by Mekunekud » Sun Oct 29, 2023 7:19 pm

Scattyau wrote:
Sun Aug 27, 2023 6:08 am
Is the lack of a good Feral PvP weapon actually a unique issue though? The lack of any form of weapons except the rep weapons until R14 has always stood out as a gap where you need to PvE to optimise PvP. The majority of specs do NOT get a competitive weapon from PvP excluseively until R14, as in, if you are R13 and pushing R14, your weapon will be miles behind the rest of your kit unless you have also PvE'd.

From my point of view, since the PvP gear is so good for tanking, there is a strong symbiotic relationship between both PvE and PvP and I'm happy to pursue both and have each reward the other.
Can always just get something akin to Finkles. That's 210 FAP and 25 stam/int. Legitimately a good option that noone else wants due to the lack of stats.
https://database.turtle-wow.org/?item=18803
I just wish the Nagle's got remotely any FAP other than the strength. Its kind of meh now with the competition from things like Marrowspikes mace being roughly the same but coming with crit AND some FAP.