Turtle WoW Patch 1.??.0: The Battle for Quel'thalas

Dracarusggotham
Has liked: 10 times

Turtle WoW Patch 1.??.0: The Battle for Quel'thalas

Post by Dracarusggotham » Sun Oct 29, 2023 3:34 am

Quel'thalas, once the magical land that housed the great capital of Silvermoon, pride of the noble race of high elves that at the same time contained within it the greatest magical power in all of Azeroth, the Sunwell.
For thousands of years the region enjoyed an eternal spring, inside the magic of the High Elves enveloped the place, protected and fed by the Sunwell.
Until one day the plague, led by the Traitor Prince Arthas Menethil, devastated the place, most of the High Elves were killed in their homeland and the few that remained fled, abandoning their ancient home at the mercy of the Undead and the destruction.
Now, years after its destruction and with the High Elf people partially recovered, they are preparing to fight again for their former home, unaware of the horrors that have been created within the once magical city of Silvermoon.

NEW AREA: Quel'thalas
The ancient home of the High Elf race that they shared hostilely with the Amani Trolls, at its center, the ruins of the City of Silvermoon, converted into the largest bastion of the Scourge in the Eastern Kingdoms.

Sub-zones:

Death Song Forest: Once called Eversong Forest, today it is a corrupt place with the plague of death and rot, the once golden autumn trees of the forest have absorbed the plague and have become twisted and dead trees, among its trees the Abominable creations of the plague roam and lie in wait for any unwary who venture without caution into the cursed forest.

Deatholme: Located at the entrance to the forest, The Bastion that Arthas Menethil established in his attack on Silvermoon City seeking the Power of the Sunwell today serves as surveillance so that no one enters or anything leaves the forest.

New Capital City of the Horde, Zul'Aman:
The capital of the Amani Trolls, located in a remote corner of Quel'thalas and guided by Zul'jin, the Trolls happily watched as the High Elves were slaughtered by Arthas and his abominations of death, eventually the Undead horde began to attack the citadel and the Trolls were forced to abandon it, now, with the help of the New Horde they have managed to partially recover it, while the Goblins have helped them rebuild and fortify it, seeking to once again dominate the region that was taken from them by the High Elves milleniums ago.

Updated Capital City, Alah'thalas:
The new capital of the High Elves, with the help of the Alliance, the High Elves have managed to convert the old outpost into their new capital and home, very close to Quel'thalas, it will now serve as a starting point in their fight to recover their old lands.

New Customizations for High Elves and Trolls:

High Elves:
---- Green Eyes: some of the Blood Elves who were scattered around the world after the departure and betrayal of Kael'thas, seeing that their High Elf brothers have managed to prosper and relocate, have decided to abandon the name Sin'dorei given by the Traitor Prince and become Quel'dorei again, although doubtful, the Quel'dorei have decided to accept them and find a way to cure their addiction to magic and purify the fel magic within them while they search for their place again, in the restored elven society.
---- Tattoos: Having managed to master their addiction to magic, the High Elves have managed to obtain superior mastery over magic without abusing it, this is reflected in their bodies, on which arcane marks have begun to emerge, whose color varies depending on the type of magic they use or even, the sacred light itself has influenced their bodies.
---- Golden Eyes: Other elves, due to the absence of arcane magic, have turned to sacred light, whose influence is reflected in their eyes.

Trolls:
---- Body Variant: Amani trolls have trained Trolls in the art of war in a way never before seen, giving the most skilled ones large, muscular bodies like never before, with strength comparable to that of the orcs
---- Scars: Due to the rigorous and exhaustive training of the Amani Trolls, it is not unusual for aspirants to acquire distinctive marks on their bodies, demonstrating their dedication and toughness to pain.
----- Tattoos: The trolls trained by the Amani are marked with different tattoos to show that they have been trained by them, giving them a distinctive appearance from other trolls.

New Dungeon:

Sunwell Ruins: The location of the High Elves' beloved and shattered magical fountain, destroyed by Prince Kael'thas Sunstrider, is now a lifeless hole spewing corruption and fel magic as the demons roam freely looking for a way to resurrect the source to summon their demonic leaders.

New Raid:

Silvermoon Ruins: The Glorious City of the High Elves, now a gigantic bastion of the plague, death and corruption roam its streets in the form of the Undead, while the souls of the Quel'dorei fallen in the Invasion of the Plague wander wailing in its alleys and abandoned buildings, hordes and hordes of endless Undead emerge from within.
The Horde and the Alliance have resolved that, to root out evil, they must assault the once great city of the High Elves and exterminate whatever is creating these abominations of the Lich King.

This is my first time trying to create lore, so, give me your opinions, this is my personal suggestion lore for a possible future Quel'thalas in Turtle WoW.
Last edited by Dracarusggotham on Mon Oct 30, 2023 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dinoriel

Re: Turtle WoW Patch 1.??.0: The Battle for Quel'thalas

Post by Dinoriel » Sun Oct 29, 2023 5:11 am

This is really cool! The only issue I see would be with the green eyes, as that is a cosmetic in the shop some may have already bought with real money.

Galendor

Post by Galendor » Sun Oct 29, 2023 10:18 am

Well, devs definitely had some plans for Quel'Thalas. Though these plans were obviously delayed, I highly doubt that team will abandon such great zone.

Dracarusggotham

Post by Dracarusggotham » Sun Oct 29, 2023 3:22 pm

Dinoriel wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2023 5:11 am
This is really cool! The only issue I see would be with the green eyes, as that is a cosmetic in the shop some may have already bought with real money.
I guess it can be replaced by other personalization like new hair, and represent it only with a few Elves with green eyes.

Dracarusggotham

Post by Dracarusggotham » Sun Oct 29, 2023 3:32 pm

Galendor wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2023 10:18 am
Well, devs definitely had some plans for Quel'Thalas. Though these plans were obviously delayed, I highly doubt that team will abandon such great zone.
They have a big oportunity for give the zone a good and sustentable lore.
In retail Blizzard abandoned completely the zone after TBC, Silvermoon never got a revamp, update or something like that, even they never removed the fel crystals in Silvermoon.
The Zone is only used sometimes for side quests or minor things, but they never touched the zone again for use it in another expansion.

Dinoriel

Post by Dinoriel » Mon Oct 30, 2023 6:17 pm

Dracarusggotham wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2023 3:22 pm
Dinoriel wrote:
I guess it can be replaced by other personalization like new hair, and represent it only with a few Elves with green eyes.
Perhaps. I'm thinking if they go down that route a better solution would be to refund those that bought the blood elf skin and replace said skin with something more drastic. Maybe Felblood elves. I can't say for sure how lore friendly that would be considering they weren't prominent until TBC. Though I suppose it's not that different from humans having the cultist skin.

Whalemilk

Post by Whalemilk » Mon Oct 30, 2023 6:28 pm

I have a link in my signature with my suggestion for blood elves, but to summarize my personal take is to see blood elves as a separate race rather than a cosmetic option.

I would have the blood elves that join the alliance be ones that gave up on illidans cause.

My raid/dungeon idea would be a blood elf wing that has you fight illidan loyalists and an undead wing that has you fight undead. Basically separated by the scar.

Dracarusggotham

Post by Dracarusggotham » Tue Oct 31, 2023 3:14 pm

Whalemilk wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 6:28 pm
I have a link in my signature with my suggestion for blood elves, but to summarize my personal take is to see blood elves as a separate race rather than a cosmetic option.

I would have the blood elves that join the alliance be ones that gave up on illidans cause.

My raid/dungeon idea would be a blood elf wing that has you fight illidan loyalists and an undead wing that has you fight undead. Basically separated by the scar.
That's not a bad idea, but if the devs keep adding more and more races, with the time they will get to a point when they have a lot of races and no lore for them, same as Blizzard, got a lot of races, but if you see, they only take Humans, Orcs, Undead in the main plot.
Personally I think it would have been better if they gave us the Amani Trolls as a separate race instead of the goblins, since they are quite different compared to the Darkspear Trolls. They were even able to give their similar city to the High Elves, located in Amani'Alor.
There is Gnomereggan, they never recovered it or make the story advance, getting stuck in Cataclysm.
There is Gilneas, is still in ruins since Cataclysm.
There is Silvermoon, stuck in the same plot since The Burning Crusade, you have there the Fel Crystals, that where "removed" in the end of TBC in lore cause the sunwell was restored, but they never updated or revamped the city, it's the same city that we got in the start of TBC 15+ years ago.
Draeneis, stuck in the same plot since TBC, the Exodar never received and update and I'm sure is the most empty city of the Alliance.

That's the problem with new races, they can't take all of them and make their story advance, until they take a patch centered in them.

Dracarusggotham

Post by Dracarusggotham » Tue Oct 31, 2023 3:24 pm

Dinoriel wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 6:17 pm
Dracarusggotham wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2023 3:22 pm
Dinoriel wrote:
Perhaps. I'm thinking if they go down that route a better solution would be to refund those that bought the blood elf skin and replace said skin with something more drastic. Maybe Felblood elves. I can't say for sure how lore friendly that would be considering they weren't prominent until TBC. Though I suppose it's not that different from humans having the cultist skin.
That could be a good idea, Felblood Elves can be present in the Ruins of the Sunwell trying to resurrect it for summon demons.
I'm sure the people will be happy with a drastic change like a Felblood Elf that a simply re-skin of the Eyes of the High Elves.