Re: Alliance flightmaster in Strangethorn vale

Post by Sinrek » Thu Oct 26, 2023 5:22 pm

Mavbyte wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 11:53 am
Sinrek wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 11:51 am
Mavbyte wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 11:47 am

Then both flightpoints in Aszhara, for Horde and Alliance, shouldn't exist either. those camps are even smaller. ;)
Those aren't rebels and supported by their factions.
Those rebels are still Stormwind Military. We can continue this conversation forever. :D
No, we won't. They are affiliated with SW merely for you to be able to complete quests. Hence it's just a gameplay excuse. End of story.
satisfied_turtle Slowly turtling my way up.

Sylveria
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Sylveria » Fri Oct 27, 2023 7:12 am

Sinrek wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2023 5:22 pm
Hence it's just a gameplay excuse. End of story.
As are many other flightpaths so why.
This Lore/Gameplay-Debate is a pure double-standard-debate right now. Some flightpaths for gameplay purpose are allowed (while they don't make much sense from a lore point), while others might be backed by a story-reason but aren't allowed to be added? This is getting out of hand.

We may even deepen this conversation much further by questioning the use of gryphons by us, since gryphons were actually no transport for common folk.. and we sure are neither high-ranking military, nor nobles or even royalty or diplomates.. so we're back to the gameplay/lore-debate. Whether you like it or not: There are choices that were done for gameplay and some fore lore-reasons.
As much as I like much to be as lore-friendly as possible. This one specific flight patch would just be a huge help for most alliance players. I do NOT ask for a flight paths in every damn corner, like Blizzard did in Cataclysm, since this was just pure overkill, but how many times did you have to walk from south to north and back again?
While we're at those flightpaths.. why not just remove the fp at Zoram Strand for Horde? CLEARLY one flightpath there is more than enough for 'em, since you like walking so much.
Yes I'm lashing out now a little bit, and I'm sorry for that, but this argumentation is so contradictory, that it just makes me angry. (and that you present yourself, as you would be the all-knowing-one who says "this is right and this is not. End of story.")

Jombo

Post by Jombo » Fri Oct 27, 2023 8:59 am

This is another no-brainer where Devs just have to look past the trolls and implement the flight path. It's really very simple. No discussion needed.

Sinrek
Has liked: 5 times

Post by Sinrek » Fri Oct 27, 2023 2:49 pm

Mavbyte wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2023 7:12 am
Sinrek wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2023 5:22 pm
Hence it's just a gameplay excuse. End of story.
As are many other flightpaths so why.
This Lore/Gameplay-Debate is a pure double-standard-debate right now. Some flightpaths for gameplay purpose are allowed (while they don't make much sense from a lore point), while others might be backed by a story-reason but aren't allowed to be added? This is getting out of hand.

We may even deepen this conversation much further by questioning the use of gryphons by us, since gryphons were actually no transport for common folk.. and we sure are neither high-ranking military, nor nobles or even royalty or diplomates.. so we're back to the gameplay/lore-debate. Whether you like it or not: There are choices that were done for gameplay and some fore lore-reasons.
As much as I like much to be as lore-friendly as possible. This one specific flight patch would just be a huge help for most alliance players. I do NOT ask for a flight paths in every damn corner, like Blizzard did in Cataclysm, since this was just pure overkill, but how many times did you have to walk from south to north and back again?
While we're at those flightpaths.. why not just remove the fp at Zoram Strand for Horde? CLEARLY one flightpath there is more than enough for 'em, since you like walking so much.
Yes I'm lashing out now a little bit, and I'm sorry for that, but this argumentation is so contradictory, that it just makes me angry. (and that you present yourself, as you would be the all-knowing-one who says "this is right and this is not. End of story.")
I'd gladly remove at least half of already existing FP points, just as you asked, so there'd be no double-standards no gameplay QoL improvements and even less that nasty feeling of world getting smaller with faster mounts, alas, we're not at that stage of debates …

As of now - such FP points aren't the priority and hardly ever will be when you have perfectly safe route nearby. Even dev team would say "just run, lol" I'm sure.

Jombo

Post by Jombo » Fri Oct 27, 2023 3:03 pm

Sinrek, do you play Horde?

Sinrek
Has liked: 5 times

Post by Sinrek » Fri Oct 27, 2023 3:07 pm

Jombo wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2023 3:03 pm
Sinrek, do you play Horde?
I play them all.

Jombo

Post by Jombo » Fri Oct 27, 2023 11:43 pm

Aight. Well, in any case, I think this is one of those situations where some of us will be very happy with the addition and it will make nothing worse for those who don't care about it. So I don't see why not.

Jongyi

Post by Jongyi » Sat Oct 28, 2023 3:37 am

As everyone have already pointed out, Rebel's Camp seriously need a flight path.
I don't see any reason why devs don't add this unless ego and pettiness get in their ways.

Paw

Post by Paw » Sat Oct 28, 2023 7:57 am

Jombo wrote:60 Mage T3
60 Paladin T1
60 Warrior T1
60 Rogue T1
60 Priest T1
50 Hunter
Hi Jombo! I've been around for quite some time. I like it when someone takes the effort to fill their profile. Highly appreciate it! As I see your opinion lies at convinience since you are levelling a lot of toons. It is however not mandatory for everyone to play every toon.
The question is, dwarven Mister, that if you rather put your energy into building on the original vanilla experience or you wish to advocate towards changing the game further towards its expansions where convinience overtook sense and patience. We are not a perfect realm but it always comes down to whether our players are willing to accept the old ways or they push towards developing further. If you stay and support the original idea then you will see that how wonderful it is to travel when you can call the place your home. If not then you will just leave eventually with a little bit flavoured vanilla experience and never look back.
Jongyi wrote:everyone
Ohaio Jongyi! As far as I can tell it is polite when you join a discussion to take into account both parties. You have clearly not read the thread thoroughly since there had been opposing ideas listed as well. Please if you'd like to join this conversation then spend the time to read them!

Jombo

Post by Jombo » Sat Oct 28, 2023 8:55 pm

Kinda weird how you quote my signature. Anyway since it bothered you so much, I've removed it.

I've been here for quite a while already. Played vanilla back in 2005. Spare me the lecture on vanilla's pace.
This is not at all changing the pace in fact, it's simply filling in the gaps of blizzard's negligence at the time.

I dislike all official Wow expansions as they all ruined the Wow world experience to my mind. Many things could ruin and water down Turtle Wow like the official expansions did overall. But adding an FP to a very remote corner of STV is not one of those things.