Midpatch Itemization Changes Changelog

Zamnilisback89

Re: Midpatch Itemization Changes Preliminary Changelog

Post by Zamnilisback89 » Thu Oct 26, 2023 5:38 am

Ezuba wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2023 3:06 pm
Necessary to add level 60 requirement to t0.5 set? These sets were the best option for twinking a level 59. Perhaps an additional quest to turn your t0.5 into improved t0.5? or just dont worry about requiring level 60 at all? These upgrades aren't going to break the game in favor of a level 59 being OP nor are they really going to make them that much more attractive to a level 60 who can join a MC pug with ease. The goal should be unlocking more ways to play the game not removing options for ways to play the game.

On a similar note, the quest to turn in ZG idols is level 58 but the reward requires 60 to apply. Perhaps change the reward to level 58 to match the quest?
No, mate, not level 60 requirement, level 60 item level for stat budget allocation. The set pieces should still have the same equip level as before, but correct me if I'm wrong, weren't the Dungeon 2 quest rewards level 60 equip anyway?

Elsaph

Post by Elsaph » Thu Oct 26, 2023 5:58 am

Ezuba wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 12:16 pm
Dragunovi wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 2:04 pm
Elsaph wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 11:06 pm
I just noticed - it appears you've made mage t2 shoulders better than mage t3 shoulders (or very nearly equivalent in any case)

edit: if I were to add a suggestion to fixing mage shoulder itemization, it would be to nerf Boreal Mantle down to something like 25 frost power, and then make t2 ~25-28 (t2.5 is 30). This would make T2 appropriately desirable for mages.
Its moreso the issue of Mage Tier 3 being undertuned which we might touch upon with a later balance patch. Also for Boreal Mantle we will redistribute some of its power from the spellpower to the raw stats, thanks for the suggestion.
Heavy handed adjustments with very little contemplation here. Boreal is tuned that way because it is FROST only. It is not better than t2 because by the time you are finishing your t2 set you are moving on to fire spec.

Every item in the game does not need an adjustment. Please put real thought into the trade offs and if it ain't broke.. don't fix it.
To start with, thinking about it, there's probably no real good reason to nerf Boreal since frost dps is already pretty low. But in the sense of gear progression, it'd probably feel good. Because, I dunno if you play mage or not and if you've geared up into AQ40, but going `down` in terms of gear power when you spec fire into AQ40 is lame. Boreal Mantle is not a fun item how it is, and, likewise, Bloodvine, turban was not fun -- Boreal was also a "catch-up" item that got buffed in 1.10. Blues being *considerably* better than epics is kinda unfun. When I was gearing, you literally skip all of tier 1 and tier 2 because greens/blues/crafted are better. You get pre-raid bis and there's like 4? items you even want from MC. (I'm thinking mana igniting cord, toep, choker, wep, maybe t2 pants). And if turtle hadn't buffed the quest rewards, there was nothing at all you wanted from Ony.

Which, imo, is the same problem with making Netherwind shoulders the second best in the game. There's literally no point in getting tier 2.5 then. And t3 only after you're juggling hit cap.

As an aside, my guess is that Blizzard intentionally made mage t2.5/3 weaker relative to warlock because of the hit talents. EDIT: What I mean is, they were trying to balance mage and warlock dps by tweaking their sets accordingly. But since warlocks are top ranged dps on twow, you don't need to worry about it :p

Elisleris

Re: Midpatch Itemization Changes Changelog

Post by Elisleris » Thu Oct 26, 2023 10:38 am

Every other class will look to gain reputation with Cenarion Circle and get their weapon from AQ20 for at least one of their specs, but not the Paladin.
Prot paladin will search weapon with more spell power to replace that Blade of Eternal Justice.
Rety paladin will use two handed weapon.
Last edited by Elisleris on Thu Oct 26, 2023 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ezuba

Post by Ezuba » Thu Oct 26, 2023 10:49 am

Zamnilisback89 wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2023 5:38 am
Ezuba wrote:
Necessary to add level 60 requirement to t0.5 set? These sets were the best option for twinking a level 59. Perhaps an additional quest to turn your t0.5 into improved t0.5? or just dont worry about requiring level 60 at all? These upgrades aren't going to break the game in favor of a level 59 being OP nor are they really going to make them that much more attractive to a level 60 who can join a MC pug with ease. The goal should be unlocking more ways to play the game not removing options for ways to play the game.

On a similar note, the quest to turn in ZG idols is level 58 but the reward requires 60 to apply. Perhaps change the reward to level 58 to match the quest?
No, mate, not level 60 requirement, level 60 item level for stat budget allocation. The set pieces should still have the same equip level as before, but correct me if I'm wrong, weren't the Dungeon 2 quest rewards level 60 equip anyway?
Thank you for clarification. I do believe you are right about how it was worded, "All pieces of the set are now item level 60 epics." But on your second comment. No, they were not level 60 equip. As quest rewards they don't have an equip level. If you make your own mangoes server you can actually equip the D2 sets at level 1.
Astrld — 60 Nightelf Rogue
Nachichi — 60 Nightelf Priest
Snapcaster — 60 Gnome Mage
Tazri — 60 Human Warrior
Rafiq — 59 Human Paladin

Zamnilisback89

Post by Zamnilisback89 » Fri Oct 27, 2023 11:05 am

Ezuba wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2023 10:49 am
Zamnilisback89 wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2023 5:38 am
Ezuba wrote:

Thank you for clarification. I do believe you are right about how it was worded, "All pieces of the set are now item level 60 epics." But on your second comment. No, they were not level 60 equip. As quest rewards they don't have an equip level. If you make your own mangoes server you can actually equip the D2 sets at level 1.
Hot damn, I never realised dungeon 2 had no equip level! I just took it for granted since, well, you're almost certainly level 60 anyway if you're taking on those quests.

Elsaph

Post by Elsaph » Fri Oct 27, 2023 1:09 pm

I just want to say that I feel the sort of ~quirky~/"it depends" type of itemization is very much in the spirit of original wow and I like it

Arthurusmenks

Post by Arthurusmenks » Sat Oct 28, 2023 9:46 pm

Well for a Pally tank now Blade of Eternal Justice is once again useless, because that DPS increase serves no pourpouse to threat at alll... thanks Dragunovi!

Arthurusmenks

Post by Arthurusmenks » Sat Oct 28, 2023 10:08 pm

Elsaph wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2023 1:09 pm
I just want to say that I feel the sort of ~quirky~/"it depends" type of itemization is very much in the spirit of original wow and I like it
Do you mean bein all over the place until you reach Naxx? turtle_tongue_head

Elisleris

Post by Elisleris » Sat Oct 28, 2023 11:01 pm

Arthurusmenks wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2023 9:46 pm
Well for a Pally tank now Blade of Eternal Justice is once again useless, because that DPS increase serves no pourpouse to threat at alll... thanks Dragunovi!
I say more, all other classes recive a buff of thier aq20 weapon, and only pala's weapon was nerfed.

Bittermens

Post by Bittermens » Sun Oct 29, 2023 1:10 am

Elisleris wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2023 11:01 pm
Arthurusmenks wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2023 9:46 pm
I say more, all other classes recive a buff of thier aq20 weapon, and only pala's weapon was nerfed.
Dragunovi hates paladins while claiming it is his favourite class.

Tscosomaz

Post by Tscosomaz » Sun Oct 29, 2023 6:45 pm

May Horde have an equivalent of this beauty? https://database.turtle-wow.org/?item=60729

Arthurusmenks

Post by Arthurusmenks » Mon Oct 30, 2023 2:21 am

Ghola wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 7:54 am
Elisleris wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 6:41 am
Whats crap you did with paladin's AQ20 weapon?
First, it is one-handed weapon, so it defenetly not for retribution (they need two-handed).
Second, it has 1% dodge - so that wepon for prot paladin.
Prot paladin used own spell ability like Consecration, Seal of Righteousness, Holy strike, Holy shield to do Holy damage. As well threat from Holy damage increased by Righteous Fury.
As result, he need more spell power to do more threat to be good tank.
Now you decrease spell power on that weapon and increase it white damage, that useless for prot paladin at all.

All classes got buffed own weapon , but only paladin got nerfed.

Please, revert back that changes...
Better to leave the DPS as it was before and increase spell power according to other classes weapon
Holy strike is a major source of threat and increases with white hit damage, no? From what I've seen from prot paladins who mathed it out, some of the highest TPS weapons in the game are melee-damage focused weapons
I tested HS after the changes and the result was far from what it's being stated, the TPS and damage from the new BoEJ was outclased in every regard by an Azuresong Mageblade which shows that now a weapon from the very first Raid far outclasses a weapon that requires a ton more of work to get it, even so, yes HS scales with white damage BUT it scales much better with SP, the fact that it is a 10sec cd ability (unlike war's HS) means that the supposed better scaling from higher damage can be easily outperformed by a lower dps weapon wich much higher SP.

Ghola

Post by Ghola » Mon Oct 30, 2023 5:31 am

well shaman 0.5 chest and vest were nerfed too, all of it was overbudgeted like the paladin sword

did you test with windfury?

Elisleris

Post by Elisleris » Mon Oct 30, 2023 6:10 am

Hi, Arthurusmenks. You can leave own test results and conclusion in my ticket or create new one. https://github.com/slowtorta/turtlewow- ... ssues/4898
Edited: they closed issue due changes aren't a bug. Created instead new topic in Suggestions

Batey9

Post by Batey9 » Mon Oct 30, 2023 10:17 pm

Any plans to do anything to Towerforge Demolisher?

A33e
Has liked: 2 times

Post by A33e » Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:43 am

Please swap the set bonus (6) with (2) on the sorcerer's regalia, thank you.

Dkmoonlilith

Post by Dkmoonlilith » Wed Nov 01, 2023 4:44 pm

Is there anyway we could see a change on the Nordanaar crafted sets from BoP to BoE? I'm a leatherworker on my paladin and warrior because I like crafting for others. It's such a grind to get the recipes, and on top of that the items just are not that good compared to other pre-raid sets that feral druids have available to them. It would make more sense for this to be something I could grind to have available for others than for someone to grind the shards to only be able to make it for themselves.

Schwrop

Post by Schwrop » Wed Nov 01, 2023 9:06 pm

Jadestone Skewer lacks a lot of stats compared to Mace of Unending Life+Tome of Knowledge or Emerald Sanctum drop Nature's Gift. Jadestone Skewer and Nature's Gift are both from Emerald Sanctum, both two-handed.
maintenance_turtle Felgorn turtle_tongue

Elisleris

Post by Elisleris » Fri Nov 03, 2023 8:53 pm

Will changes for AQ20 paladin's weapon be revised?
Protection paladin is caster, not melee class.

Batey9

Post by Batey9 » Tue Nov 07, 2023 8:20 pm

Elisleris wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2023 8:53 pm
Will changes for AQ20 paladin's weapon be revised?
Protection paladin is caster, not melee class.
Why have it useful for Prot when it can be useful for nobody?

Gantulga

Post by Gantulga » Tue Nov 07, 2023 8:31 pm

Schwrop wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 9:06 pm
Jadestone Skewer lacks a lot of stats compared to Mace of Unending Life+Tome of Knowledge or Emerald Sanctum drop Nature's Gift. Jadestone Skewer and Nature's Gift are both from Emerald Sanctum, both two-handed.
The base stats are very much in line if you check its big brother counterpart (https://database.turtle-wow.org/?item=21635).
It's not just a feral weapon but also a hunter and even warrior weapon. The feral AP seems way too low for the ilvl though and should be pumped. The attack speed is also in a weird spot but the same applies to the claw too. I assume they wanted those weapons to be very mediocre for some reason.

Kord24

Post by Kord24 » Thu Nov 09, 2023 2:30 am

Dragunovi wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2023 10:31 pm
  • Added 1% Spell Hit Chance to the Ring of Nature's Duality. The previous nerfs in the last changelog were excessive, so we have decided to restore some offensive power to the ring.
This ring has such weird itemization. Nature damage and hit, but also 51 healing? It's ok for a healer, but the hit does nothing. No other item in the game is a cross between a healer ring and a moonkin/eleshaman ring. I agree it was super OP in it's first iteration, but this seems like a very weird item now

Silverfox

Post by Silverfox » Sun Dec 31, 2023 4:54 am

Dreamhide leatherworking patterns are a waste of time to acquire. The mats are ridiculously expensive to gather in order to make bop items that are not any better than gear available through raiding. There is already a craft-able set that is just as good as these items and these are BoE so you can buy them or the mats on the AH. Since all the dreamhide patterns are to create BoP items, gathering the shards necessary to purchase the patterns in the first place (300 bright dream shards in all) just adds to what a colossal waste of time this addition to leatherworking is. If the items were BoE, all the farming necessary to acquire the patterns and the mats to create the items could actually be worth it. Don't waste your time, sell the shards, don't bother making these items. They are not worth it in the long run. If the developers were to change the crafted items from BoP to BoE, I would still find the farming tedious but at least at the end the patterns would be for something to create and share with the rest of the community.