save the paladins

Brandwacht

save the paladins

Post by Brandwacht » Mon Oct 09, 2023 5:12 am

Paladins should actually be made as strong as they are described on this forum

suggestion: make the holy strike a separate strike, not attached to the normal attack
reason: it is impossible to deal burst damage at the right moment if the weapon speed is 3.5-4 seconds

Geojak
Has liked: 33 times

Re: save the paladins

Post by Geojak » Mon Oct 09, 2023 9:32 am

Meanwhile horde wins all bgs including now av screaming paladins so op this is unfair...

Twinking

Post by Twinking » Mon Oct 09, 2023 10:08 am

Geojak wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2023 9:32 am
Meanwhile horde wins all bgs including now av screaming paladins so op this is unfair...
What you said is not true... wary_turtle_head

Geojak

Post by Geojak » Mon Oct 09, 2023 1:49 pm

Twinking wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2023 10:08 am
Geojak wrote:
Read pvp-General. Skadi says 25% winrate on av for allaince and that used to be the only bg alliance ever win consistently. Other bgs have and will alway be horde dominated

Kobiq

Post by Kobiq » Mon Oct 09, 2023 2:40 pm

Twinking wrote:
Geojak wrote:
What is not true? In which universe are you living?

Twinking

Post by Twinking » Mon Oct 09, 2023 4:39 pm

Geojak wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2023 1:49 pm
Twinking wrote:
Geojak wrote:
Read pvp-General. Skadi says 25% winrate on av for allaince and that used to be the only bg alliance ever win consistently. Other bgs have and will alway be horde dominated
It's surprising that there are still players who believe that they are losing to Alterac because their class is weaker than their opponents...
Let me tell you, Alterac is all about speed and coordination. And if you lose to AV, it means that your team is slackers and farmers ore\herbs...
Largely thanks to the new Chinese players, the horde began to play better. wary_turtle

Edgarek

Post by Edgarek » Tue Oct 10, 2023 10:35 pm

Geojak wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2023 1:49 pm
For some reason Alliance on this server goes afk or leave after losing first two-three encounters. I saw multiple times people gone AFK or semi-AFK on Arathi Basin after 2-3 small skirmishes battles like 15-20 times in a week, while score still 350-110. Same goes for Horde but more rarely. Both leads to boring bgs, when nothing happends.

Nett

Post by Nett » Tue Oct 10, 2023 11:15 pm

Another paladin player post, these people are blind. BG's with paladins on both sides will teach you a lesson.

Geojak

Post by Geojak » Tue Oct 10, 2023 11:18 pm

Looking forward to crossfsction bgs

Tasman

Post by Tasman » Tue Oct 10, 2023 11:33 pm

Brandwacht wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2023 5:12 am

suggestion: make the holy strike a separate strike, not attached to the normal attack
reason: it is impossible to deal burst damage at the right moment if the weapon speed is 3.5-4 seconds
I think, best idea is rework of [Crusader Strike], so it could deal weapon damage and give chance to proc everything in exchange make it's cooldown 6 seconds and double manacost.

Lipidus

Post by Lipidus » Wed Oct 11, 2023 12:16 pm

play arena once vs a team with 2 palas and u will know...

Brandwacht

Post by Brandwacht » Wed Oct 11, 2023 3:10 pm

Tasman wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2023 11:33 pm
Brandwacht wrote:

I think, best idea is rework of [Crusader Strike], so it could deal weapon damage and give chance to proc everything in exchange make it's cooldown 6 seconds and double manacost.
this is also a good option, but then the paladin will be weaker than the players write about it on the forum

Brandwacht

Post by Brandwacht » Wed Oct 11, 2023 3:11 pm

Lipidus wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2023 12:16 pm
play arena once vs a team with 2 palas and u will know...
All is well with the paladins

Geojak

Post by Geojak » Wed Oct 11, 2023 9:20 pm

Tasman wrote:
Brandwacht wrote:

That's actually a massive buff. We coild one shot with that plus holy strike like the legends the horde is telling about the terrible paladins tyranny

Jstansberry

Post by Jstansberry » Wed Oct 11, 2023 10:16 pm

Am I missing something? Why would weapon speed affect your burst? Are you auto attacking before you can press the Holy Strike button? Because that's a skill issue for sure

Wrathweaver

Post by Wrathweaver » Thu Oct 12, 2023 12:58 pm

Saving the paladin as a playable class from a gameplay perspective should be the highest priority at this point.
We have played with an botched judgement for almost a year now.
Great Sun and Glorious Leader of the Bring Back Judgement of the Crusader movement.

Tasman

Post by Tasman » Thu Oct 12, 2023 6:51 pm

Geojak wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2023 9:20 pm
Tasman wrote:
Brandwacht wrote:

That's actually a massive buff. We coild one shot with that plus holy strike like the legends the horde is telling about the terrible paladins tyranny
Every thing that Horde says about paladins oneshoting someone, can be applied to shamans.
Last edited by Tasman on Thu Oct 12, 2023 7:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Geojak

Post by Geojak » Thu Oct 12, 2023 7:02 pm

Tasman wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2023 6:51 pm
Geojak wrote:
Tasman wrote:

Every thing that Horde says about paladins oneshoting someone, can be applied to shamans.
absolutetly true

Tasman

Post by Tasman » Thu Oct 12, 2023 7:14 pm

Geojak wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2023 7:02 pm
Tasman wrote:
Geojak wrote:

absolutetly true
Problem with paladin, that it's pvp rotation is too overloaded, with constant CS spam for debuff, switching between SoC and SotC, to get Frost Oil procs, then for dps increase and landing HS. So I think, that it is better, to get rid of spammable version of CS. Also considering 6 second cooldown of reworked CS, it will take atleast 30 seconds go get all stacks of debuff othe target with 2x of it's mana cost, this will slightly decrease effectiveness of HS. And I never oneshoted equally geared and chanted enemy in BGs with hit from auto attack followed by HS. So I only can cosider that oneshotes can happend when enemy is slightly underleveled, undergeared, underchanted, uderbuffed and etc. Thats all of my thoughts.
Last edited by Tasman on Thu Oct 12, 2023 8:54 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Brandwacht

Post by Brandwacht » Thu Oct 12, 2023 7:47 pm

Jstansberry wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2023 10:16 pm
Am I missing something? Why would weapon speed affect your burst? Are you auto attacking before you can press the Holy Strike button? Because that's a skill issue for sure
do you think 3.5 seconds of combat is a long time?
if an extra attack or damage bonus from the seal worked for me, then to do the finishing... I wait 3.5 seconds for my target to heal or use cc against me ... and I use the holy strike and see how in 3.5 seconds the target receives heal and my holy strike is already useless...

if you fight only with mobs, then do not comment on pvp, please

Jstansberry

Post by Jstansberry » Fri Oct 13, 2023 6:50 am

Brandwacht wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2023 7:47 pm

if an extra attack or damage bonus from the seal worked for me, then to do the finishing... I wait 3.5 seconds for my target to heal or use cc against me ... and I use the holy strike and see how in 3.5 seconds the target receives heal and my holy strike is already useless...

Do you not use Crusader Strike? It will cause a lot of pushback on healing spells. People will have a much harder time healing in your face if you actually press your buttons. You also have a 6 second stun you could use to prevent healing. Seems like you're just not utilizing all your spells tbh. Check the Paladin section on discord to get some tips for pvp or something.

Geojak

Post by Geojak » Fri Oct 13, 2023 7:15 am

Tasman wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2023 7:14 pm
Geojak wrote:
Tasman wrote:

absolutetly true
Problem with paladin, that it's pvp rotation is too overloaded, with constant CS spam for debuff, switching between SoC and SotC, to get Frost Oil procs, then for dps increase and landing HS. So I think, that it is better, to get rid of spammable version of CS. Also considering 6 second cooldown of reworked CS, it will take atleast 30 seconds go get all stacks of debuff othe target with 2x of it's mana cost, this will slightly decrease effectiveness of HS. And I never oneshoted equally geared and chanted enemy in BGs with hit from auto attack followed by HS. So I only can cosider that oneshotes can happend when enemy is slightly underleveled, undergeared, underchanted, uderbuffed and etc. Thats all of my thoughts.
I fully agree with you. Cs needs a cd. Here is how I woild so it

1. Mana cost doubled
2. 4s CD
3. The current Max rank 100 physical dmg changed to holy dmg, to make up for the threat loss when tanking
4. Abillity allowed to crit like hamstring (meele crit chance)
5. Add a 19% holy spell dmg scaling and 11% general sp scaling which is the same as SoC. This way it slightly scales in dmg with it's on debuff, which makes it alot more intersting

Calli
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Calli » Fri Oct 13, 2023 8:50 am

Geojak wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2023 7:15 am
Tasman wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2023 7:14 pm
Geojak wrote:

absolutetly true
I fully agree with you. Cs needs a cd. Here is how I woild so it

1. Mana cost doubled
2. 4s CD
3. The current Max rank 100 physical dmg changed to holy dmg, to make up for the threat loss when tanking
5. Add a 19% holy spell dmg scaling and 11% general sp scaling which is the same as SoC. This way it slightly scales in dmg with it's on debuff, which makes it alot more intersting
Why do you want to add more burst damage to them?

Geojak

Post by Geojak » Fri Oct 13, 2023 9:27 am

It's an overall nerf or do you think a 150 holy dmg every 4s is better than a 103 normal dmg every 1.5s including constant pushback and weapon proccs like Frost oil.

Think about it

Calli
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Calli » Fri Oct 13, 2023 9:50 am

Geojak wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2023 9:27 am
It's an overall nerf or do you think a 150 holy dmg every 4s is better than a 103 normal dmg every 1.5s including constant pushback and weapon proccs like Frost oil.

Think about it
Yes, you are right. But paladin will loose so much with this on windfury, it will not be able to do comparable damage on raids.

Geojak

Post by Geojak » Fri Oct 13, 2023 10:08 am

Crsuader strike spamming is super unfun to me. We can patch Pallys up in better ways that are less procc and wf dependant.

For example we could fix the SoR talent not working properly and only affecting base dmg not sp bonus dmg.

We can give Soc a slight dmg increase per rank to discuroursge using rank 1 and biff the dmg at the same time.

I hope classchanges 2.0 will go this way

Brandwacht

Post by Brandwacht » Fri Oct 13, 2023 3:29 pm

Jstansberry wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2023 6:50 am
Brandwacht wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2023 7:47 pm

It will cause a lot of pushback on healing spells.
?

Tasman

Post by Tasman » Sun Oct 15, 2023 12:10 pm

Geojak wrote:

1. Mana cost doubled
2. 4s CD
It's an improvement in comparsion with what we have now. But I think that paladin already has a lot of holy damage based offensive skills, like HS nad and SotC and addition another one, atleast from stilistical point of view, is not wright. We have HS, that represent Holy tree and CS as an Retribution, where physical damage should be dominating. About threat maintenance with it, prot need a full rework of it's tree, with addition some talents/skill from TBC and wotlk, to be able properly do it. I think if my suggestion wold be considered as OP, weapon damage could be nerfed like CS in TBC that did 110% of weapon damage and in wotlk blizz nerfed to 75%. That's my thoughts so far.

Ragatho

Post by Ragatho » Mon Oct 16, 2023 9:28 am

I dont agree. If Holy stricke will be of weapon swing Paladin will be OP as fuck! I play paladin in endgame raids as retry and shokadin. Both R in compare with other DPS. Just gear UP Paladin friend. Get Jacklick Crusher. Some haste like 6-7% for JC is optimal to match 3 weapon swing for to 10 sec Holy stricke window and Dungeon set 2 from questline.

Kingswiftietv

Post by Kingswiftietv » Fri Oct 20, 2023 5:06 pm

Low skill floor and overtuned class make it so those players will lose at higher skill tiers of play. Horde wins because the skill floor for horde pvp is higher than alliance (much higher than paladins), so the more you are reliant on skill the more people who were carried by their class are going to lose. The fact is a lot of players aren't skilled enough for top tier pvp and are being carried their by the class. If you fight a skilled pvp paladin, there is not competition because no matter the class you are getting absolutely wiped - we are just lucky there aren't many of those.

Brandwacht

Post by Brandwacht » Fri Oct 20, 2023 5:14 pm

Stop telling fairy tales. Paladin is the worst class in the game. For close combat, he must get closer to the target, other classes do not need it. many stupid players are afraid of paladins because of their bubbles. This is all because when they were noobs and tried to attack the paladin when he was in a bubble. They were dying and it caused them severe mental trauma. Now these unhealthy people are complaining on all forums about paladins.

Thraxexus

Post by Thraxexus » Fri Oct 27, 2023 7:55 am

i agree paladin killing people in 2 globals isnt strong they should kill everyone in 1 global cooldown