Allow Cross-Faction Interactions on Tel'Abim (PvP)

Jolikmc

Allow Cross-Faction Interactions on Tel'Abim (PvP)

Post by Jolikmc » Fri Oct 27, 2023 6:40 am

Yes, you read that right. I'd like to see cross-faction interactions (re-?)enabled on the Tel'Abim PvP realm.

Before you immediately shout "This defeats the purpose of PvP, you noob!!" and raze my thread for heresy, here's a "Cons and Pros" list for my proposal.

Cons
  • This somewhat mitigates the functionality and purpose of the automatic "faction lock" when the population is significantly heavier on one side or the other.
  • This will probably have no effect on a majority of players wanting to make and play Alliance Paladins.
  • As is currently the case on the ("RP-")PvE realm, this does allow an opposite-faction player to "curse you out", which may add to one's stress.
    • On that same note, this also means that players from opposite factions can "stalk" each other across the world via Friends List, as is also the case on the ("RP-")PvE realm.
  • "This defeats the purpose of PvP, you noob!!"
    • To be more specific, this arguably defies the lore of the Alliance and Horde being in a state of "Cold War", or being outright hostile toward one another.
Pros
  • This somewhat mitigates the "faction lock" issue as Shamans can join Alliance parties and Paladins can join Horde parties.
  • No separation anxiety!: friends can be in the same parties and guilds regardless of faction.
  • It's more fun to trash-talk your opposite-faction opponents when you can understand each other. (;
  • This actually doesn't prevent people from engaging in World PvP, much less Battleground PvP. Even players in the same guild can still kill each other and do Battlegrounds, if they want to.
  • This doesn't really affect the lore as PvP is purely a game mechanic. Lore-wise, the Alliance and Horde are un an uneasy kind of "Cold War" with isolated land or resource conflicts popping up. It's actually more lore-friendly for, say, an Orc Warrior and a Human Paladin to become allies and possibly friends.
    • Additionally, the Common / Orcish language split was purely a game mechanic. Lore-wise, every sentient race on Azeroth should know "the common language".
So, yeah. That's my proposal. I can't imagine this is going to be very popular, but I just wanted to get this out there. It's definitely easier than shoe-horning a Shaman or Paladin class into the opposite faction, at the very least!
Not currently playing. Just skulking and snarking~

Chintufat

Re: Allow Cross-Faction Interactions on Tel'Abim (PvP)

Post by Chintufat » Fri Oct 27, 2023 6:56 am

Thank goodness they have already decided on the rule set so this proposal will never need to happen.

Shammylover67

Post by Shammylover67 » Fri Oct 27, 2023 6:58 am

Chintufat wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2023 6:56 am
Thank goodness they have already decided on the rule set so this proposal will never need to happen.
We shall see.
Last edited by Shammylover67 on Fri Oct 27, 2023 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Maurinch

Post by Maurinch » Fri Oct 27, 2023 7:09 am

this aspect kills pvp... If u wanna see paladins and shaman to other faction devs need to make Horde paladin and Alliance shaman thtats it. I dont agree for crossfaction interactions. Totaly kills worlds pvp and there is Rp(pve) server why need ruin pvp here with this thing ?
Last edited by Maurinch on Fri Oct 27, 2023 7:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Shammylover67

Post by Shammylover67 » Fri Oct 27, 2023 7:10 am

Maurinch wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2023 7:09 am
this aspect kills pvp... If u wanna see paladins and shaman to other faction devs need to make Horde paladin and Alliance paladin thtats it. I dont agree for crossfaction interactions. Totaly kills worlds pvp and there is Rp(pve) server why need ruin pvp here with this thing ?
This is my desire and preferred PVP realm. It would be the single most unique WoW experience any of us have ever had. Atleast as far as pure competitive PVP gaming. And there is no more denying the lore of this decision, see my posts on ‘Dark’ Shamans of the alliance, humans and dwarves that control the elements through the Twilights Hammer. Also see Scarlet Praetorians in Eastern Plaguelands. Undead paladins already roam the land!! Sir Zeliek is not the exception.

Mativh

Post by Mativh » Fri Oct 27, 2023 8:21 am

I beg to differ.
Horde and Alliance are indeed not in a Total War, but neither are they merely in a Cold War.. rather, something in between.
They are definitely hostile towards each other, have conflicting interests on all fronts, may it be resources, territory, revenge, worldview differences etc.
Whenever their paths cross, they engage in a battle, if both sides are confident enough in their chance to win.
Diplomats exist on TWoW, and the factions can show compassion towards each other on ocassion, individuals can go against the interest of their faction/race (but that would be considered treason).

When I play as an undead, I'm a Forsaken, not an entity existing in another world that is controlling this fake character in a fake world, but a Forsaken, that fights an Alliance Human city guard or a Scourge necromancer, not "mobs", the same way I fight an Alliance Human Paladin or Dwarf Warrior, not "players".
That is the fundamental principle of immersion in a role, or roleplaying in an online game; reducing the gap between the player and the games world.

No-Cross-Faction adheres to this principle.
Still, the name of the new realm reveals that there is this mindset embedded, that faction conflict is somehow not an inherent part of the lore and a reality on Azeroth. Why, just because these factions happen to be roles players can assume? There are more factions in the world than Alliance and Horde, there shouldn't be a distinction.
All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

De-standardization of Classes - Immersive Racials [Undead]
My FB

Ryo3000

Post by Ryo3000 » Fri Oct 27, 2023 11:08 am

Just play in the PvE server with warmode enabled.