<Mortal> You think you do but you don't.

Kalocsa

<Mortal> You think you do but you don't.

Post by Kalocsa » Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:18 am

Here's a story of a troll level 2.

Rakzul, the hunter; decided to go out of the valley of the trials, then fought against a scorpid lvl 6.

He died. Even before reaching the level 3. Rakzul don't care, he's in fact immortal in the game.

But imagine one second if he had only one life in Wow. Could you do better than him?!

RIP in peace Rakzul, First Mortal of Turtle WoW.

<Mortal> is a straight Roleplay Hardcore project.

The spirit is, you have one life. If you die, you delete the character. He is mortal.
The challenge is real, i guess also, people can be attached to their character, even after their death. They'll just be off the guild project, but not rewarded to be mentionned in the wall of the dead.

RULES:

-You have one life. Every release spirit is definitive.

-Release spirit cannot be effective for this challenge.

-Ankhs & Bubble-hearth are allowed. But it will not everytime save you from the death. All errors in mortal mod can be an end of the journey.

-You cannot get any gold from donators, except from other mortal players.

-You cannot mail yourself anything. You can only send and receive mail from other mortal players, or even Roleplayers only for RP purpose.

-No alt-banks are accepted.

-You are able to use the auction house.

-You can solo dungeons, or even try with other mortal players.

-All professions are allowed.

-All talents are allowed

-All gear you can craft, buy, or provide by youself is allowed.

-Grouping out in the open world is forbidden, except for a dual leveling challenge or an elite quest.

LEVELING IN DUO SPECIAL RULES:

-If someone die, the other must fall on the sword and the run is over.

-You must not leave the same zone as each other.

The challenge end at level 60, If you reach it you'll be able to say:

"i never died in World of Warcraft!"
"Even the biggest mouth clam on a thread, can enclose a goldern pearl."

Sinrek
Has liked: 5 times

Re: <Mortal> You think you do but you don't.

Post by Sinrek » Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:21 am

Sounds like we just need to come up with some very awesome reward for this challenge!
satisfied_turtle Slowly turtling my way up.

Pumpkinbot

Post by Pumpkinbot » Sat Aug 15, 2020 12:35 am

Kargoz on YouTube (and a ton of other people) are doing something VERY similar on Classic.

1) If you die, you must delete your character.
1a) If you see the "Release Spirit" button, it counts as a death, so no Reincarnation, Soulstone, etc.
2) The only gear you can use is what you have made and/or found yourself, so no trading or auction house.
3) Grouping in the open world is not allowed, whether or not you're actually in a party.
4) Dungeons are allowed, but only one run of each dungeon per character, and only with other Hardcore characters. Ex: You can only run RFC once, and everyone else in the party must also be a Hardcore character.
4a) To party up for a dungeon, you must do it inside the instance, and then disband inside the instance.
5) PvP deaths do count as deaths. Don't do anything stupid to get yourself flagged, unless you're that much of a masochist.

I vote on having these rules, in particular. No sense fragmenting an already niche community within a niche community.

As for rewards, I'd say make it another glyph, or maybe a tabard others can see. If you die, the tabard is shredded and turned into a junk item you can no longer wear. If you get to 60 and still have the tabard...eh, I dunno. Custom title would be nice.

Sinrek
Has liked: 5 times

Post by Sinrek » Sat Aug 15, 2020 3:13 pm

Pumpkinbot wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 12:35 am

4a) To party up for a dungeon, you must do it inside the instance, and then disband inside the instance.
Call me stupid but you can't group in instance. If you enter the instance alone then you can't get other people join you unless you … what's the point of this nonsense? I fail to understand why. It's much easier to find folks from innkeeper queue. crying_turtle

Pumpkinbot wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 12:35 am
As for rewards, I'd say make it another glyph, or maybe a tabard others can see. If you die, the tabard is shredded and turned into a junk item you can no longer wear. If you get to 60 and still have the tabard...eh, I dunno. Custom title would be nice.
Custom titles require patching the client. So no can do. sad_turtle
satisfied_turtle Slowly turtling my way up.

Pumpkinbot

Post by Pumpkinbot » Mon Aug 17, 2020 5:09 am

Sinrek wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 3:13 pm
Call me stupid but you can't group in instance.
Custom titles require patching the client. So no can do. sad_turtle
Ah, shit. I think that was part of Kargoz' original rules, before he realized the issue. Now, I think it's you can only group up while within Meeting Stone range, but that poses problems for cross-faction dungeons. Ain't no Ally at level 16 gonna sneak into Orgrimmar to run RFC, lol.

And no custom titles? Darn. An upgraded turtle mount? Idk, it'd have to be pretty damn special. It's not like the current hardcore glyph, where you can bash your head against a brick wall enough, and it'll come tumbling down. You can lose and have to start all over with permadeath.