Post by Slashignore » Mon Oct 16, 2023 10:39 am

killing others and getting revenge is all pvp is about

Grin

Re: Regarding warmode and non-warmode

Post by Grin » Mon Oct 16, 2023 10:41 am

Slashignore wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2023 10:39 am
killing others and getting revenge is all pvp is about
We don't want bloodshed. We wish to make a healthy pvp atmosphere on the server. Killing and revenge only lead to toxicity. You shall learn, Mister! It is a competition that you may partake upon joining the challenge.

That is why it should be so that the reward connect to the vibe of the challenge itself.
  1. Now you get PVE reward for PVP.
  2. Your vulnerability is exploited by players outside of the challenge.
  1. That is why I suggest reinventing the bonus.
  2. Introduction of a day-long certificate to enter PvP and restrict any other way to do it for players outside of the challenge.
However, the client is not so easily configureable. But the idea is nice I think. We already have the hc chars acting as an alien entity. Following my logic we should make yet an other segragation by WM. It is exciting to think about solving the problem but let's face the fact that you need some actual brains to make this thing happen. It's not a red/green button we are talking about. Counting the amount of people on the realm however I don't see a problem with this apart from the fact that you will have an entirelly pointless amount of people playing it since the new pvp realm is opening. It all comes down to actually having a nice community rather than what you have or not have depending on how friendly you are. Soooo actually when people are nice you get some quality pvp on a pve server and when people are unnice you get cringe af. That's how it is when emotion is involved and not the spirit of competition. Changing anything won't change shit. WM is just an afterthought for a permanent flag and thats it for those who want to pewpew on this originally very cozy and friendly server. If s1 is smart tho and can build upon the idea of having a day-long certificate or some compensation for the volnurability. I mean if wm is to continue to stand then it must be tinkered with to a certain extent because it is just a meme that kills the competition and just focuses on greedy minds

Darktifa

Post by Darktifa » Mon Oct 16, 2023 1:20 pm

Turboman wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2023 7:06 am
Xudo wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2023 6:38 am
So devs offered additional experience for players in exchange for risk of being killed.
And now you want to ban those who implement drawback of warmode? You think this is fair?

Devs already said that they won't help warmode players complaining about getting killed.
You meant "risk being ratted by a guy that will run away after the fact and become blue/untargettable again in 5 minutes" ??? People aren't mad at being ganked, they are mad that they factually cant fight back, and i'm not talking about situations when you are lvl10 getting farmed by lvl60, i dont care about it, i just dont want blue players being able to attack warmodders. You people say just turn it off, but the same logic can be applied to you too, how about to turn you off instead from attacking others if you chose pve route?
Devs should disable pvp for blue players completely, and if they want to fight, then make the flag last longer, 24 in-game hours for example. But you dont want that dont you? You people just want to be ratting assholes without facing any consequences.
Join a PvP REALM or DISABLE Warmode
Right now you are in a PvE REALM (meaning you 'll get unflagged after 5min)
Czasku wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:31 pm
After Reading Turtle WoW's forum i understood why Blizzard stopped responding on their own forum topics.

Turboman

Post by Turboman » Mon Oct 16, 2023 2:25 pm

Darktifa wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2023 1:20 pm
Turboman wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2023 7:06 am
Xudo wrote:
So devs offered additional experience for players in exchange for risk of being killed.
And now you want to ban those who implement drawback of warmode? You think this is fair?

Devs already said that they won't help warmode players complaining about getting killed.
You meant "risk being ratted by a guy that will run away after the fact and become blue/untargettable again in 5 minutes" ??? People aren't mad at being ganked, they are mad that they factually cant fight back, and i'm not talking about situations when you are lvl10 getting farmed by lvl60, i dont care about it, i just dont want blue players being able to attack warmodders. You people say just turn it off, but the same logic can be applied to you too, how about to turn you off instead from attacking others if you chose pve route?
Devs should disable pvp for blue players completely, and if they want to fight, then make the flag last longer, 24 in-game hours for example. But you dont want that dont you? You people just want to be ratting assholes without facing any consequences.
Darktifa dont reply to me, thank you.

Darktifa

Post by Darktifa » Mon Oct 16, 2023 2:28 pm

Turboman wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2023 2:25 pm
Darktifa wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2023 1:20 pm

Darktifa dont reply to me, thank you.
I'll reply whenever/wherever i want

D I S A B L E W A R M O D E
OR
JOIN
A PVP REALM
Czasku wrote:
After Reading Turtle WoW's forum i understood why Blizzard stopped responding on their own forum topics.

Kefke
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Kefke » Mon Oct 16, 2023 2:30 pm

Xudo wrote:

There's a difference between players of an appropriate level initiating a fair fight, and you needing an easy win to nurse your easily bruised ego.

Darktifa

Post by Darktifa » Mon Oct 16, 2023 2:32 pm

Kefke wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2023 2:30 pm
Xudo wrote:

There's a difference between players of an appropriate level initiating a fair fight, and you needing an easy win to nurse your easily bruised ego.
Did you learn that there is NO reward/honor from killing grey players?
Czasku wrote:

Kefke

Post by Kefke » Mon Oct 16, 2023 2:33 pm

Xudo wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2023 10:32 am
They don't want to fight. They want to kill.
Tough shit. If you want to kill things and not have them fight back, attack critters.

Kefke

Post by Kefke » Mon Oct 16, 2023 2:34 pm

Darktifa wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2023 2:32 pm
Kefke wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2023 2:30 pm
Xudo wrote:

Did you learn that there is NO reward/honor from killing grey players?
You keep bringing that up like it's a point in your favour, and not proof that you're an asshole with nothing of value to say.

Darktifa

Post by Darktifa » Mon Oct 16, 2023 2:34 pm

Kefke wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2023 2:33 pm
Xudo wrote:
Tough shit. If you want to kill things and not have them fight back, attack critters.

IT'S A PVE REALM

P
V
E

R
E
A
L
M
Czasku wrote:

Kefke

Post by Kefke » Mon Oct 16, 2023 2:38 pm

Darktifa wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2023 2:34 pm
Kefke wrote:
Xudo wrote:

IT'S A PVE REALM

P
V
E

R
E
A
L
M
Do you have a point, or are you just hoping that bigger text size will make your non sequitur more impressive looking?

Darktifa

Post by Darktifa » Mon Oct 16, 2023 2:46 pm

Kefke wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2023 2:38 pm

Do you have a point, or are you just hoping that bigger text size will make your non sequitur more impressive looking?
My point?
your points are ridiculous/hilarious

Rewards/honor from killing greys, lol
auto Ban for killing lowbies, rofl
confusing me with Xudo, mega rofl

IN THE MEANTIME, your want to change a PvE Realm into a PvP realm happy_turtle_head happy_turtle_head happy_turtle_head
Can u even tell the difference???
Czasku wrote:

Kefke

Post by Kefke » Mon Oct 16, 2023 3:02 pm

Darktifa wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2023 2:46 pm
My point?

You keep bringing the "rewards/honor from killing greys" thing up. You do realize that there being no reward is not a point in your favor, right? I gave the benefit of a doubt that the people doing this were lazy. Turns out they're not lazy, they're just doing it for kicks. Maybe you flunked out of preschool, but bullying others to have your fun is what people in the real world call "being an asshole", and it's not a good thing.
Darktifa wrote:

IN THE MEANTIME, your want to change a PvE Realm into a PvP realm happy_turtle_head happy_turtle_head happy_turtle_head
Two things.

1. Yeah. Toxic players should be banned. That's not really a controversial opinion. I think you'll find in life that if you're an asshole, there are actually a lot of places you end up getting kicked out of. Sorry not sorry.

2. It seems like you don't actually know what PVE and PVP stand for, so maybe go look those up.

Slashignore

Post by Slashignore » Mon Oct 16, 2023 3:33 pm

lets use Darktifa logic here: "if you choose pve life - dont go pvp life.
Disable arena, disable battlegrounds - let gnomes and tauren tongue kiss all night"

Kefke

Post by Kefke » Mon Oct 16, 2023 3:36 pm

Slashignore wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2023 3:33 pm
Disable arena, disable battlegrounds - let gnomes and tauren tongue kiss all night"
Yep. Pretty much.

"It's a PVE realm, not a PVP realm!" = Don't have PVP.

Slashignore

Post by Slashignore » Mon Oct 16, 2023 3:38 pm

Kefke wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2023 3:36 pm
Slashignore wrote:
Yep. Pretty much.

"It's a PVE realm, not a PVP realm!" = Don't have PVP.
and by that logic :) dont ever complain about the fresh pvp realm "splitting up the playerbase"

Darktifa

Post by Darktifa » Mon Oct 16, 2023 3:58 pm

Kefke wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2023 3:02 pm
Darktifa wrote:
My point?

You keep bringing the "rewards/honor from killing greys" thing up. You do realize that there being no reward is not a point in your favor, right? I gave the benefit of a doubt that the people doing this were lazy. Turns out they're not lazy, they're just doing it for kicks. Maybe you flunked out of preschool, but bullying others to have your fun is what people in the real world call "being an asshole", and it's not a good thing.
Darktifa wrote:

Two things.

1. Yeah. Toxic players should be banned. That's not really a controversial opinion. I think you'll find in life that if you're an asshole, there are actually a lot of places you end up getting kicked out of. Sorry not sorry.

2. It seems like you don't actually know what PVE and PVP stand for, so maybe go look those up.
It's 2023, WoW has been here for almost 20 years and u don't know that grey players award NO Honor or reward
Ofc it's a point AGAINST you, but it requires minimum IQ to comprehend it

Killing low level players on the other hand, no matter how toxic it is, IT'S ALLOWED
If you wan't to avoid something like this, DISABLE WARMODE, it's optional
O P T I O N A L hiding_smth_turtle_head hiding_smth_turtle_head hiding_smth_turtle_head

I never said what PvE or PvP is
I said, can u tell the difference between PvE and PvP REALM?
REALM
KEY WORD HERE IS REALM

i feel like talking to kids...
whatever, keep entertaining us
LETS BAN EVERYONE, haha
NO MORE TOXICITY IN THIS WORLD!
Czasku wrote:

Kefke

Post by Kefke » Mon Oct 16, 2023 5:37 pm

Darktifa wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2023 3:58 pm
Kefke wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2023 3:02 pm
Darktifa wrote:
My point?

Darktifa wrote:

Two things.

It's 2023, WoW has been here for almost 20 years and u don't know that grey players award NO Honor or reward
Ofc it's a point AGAINST you, but it requires minimum IQ to comprehend it

Killing low level players on the other hand, no matter how toxic it is, IT'S ALLOWED
If you wan't to avoid something like this, DISABLE WARMODE, it's optional
O P T I O N A L hiding_smth_turtle_head hiding_smth_turtle_head hiding_smth_turtle_head

I never said what PvE or PvP is
I said, can u tell the difference between PvE and PvP REALM?
REALM
KEY WORD HERE IS REALM

i feel like talking to kids...
whatever, keep entertaining us
LETS BAN EVERYONE, haha
NO MORE TOXICITY IN THIS WORLD!

I'm so (not) sorry that people are suggesting that you be held accountable for your actions.

Luxlorica

Post by Luxlorica » Mon Oct 16, 2023 6:12 pm

Turboman wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2023 6:44 am
You can't flag pve players by standing in their aoe, i tried it doesn't work.
I do not doubt that you have.

There was a time when it did and it was a bane that got fixed with some speed.
Slashignore wrote:
You don't have to disable them... just do go there. Don't do those things. *shrug*
Last edited by Luxlorica on Mon Oct 16, 2023 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pureavatar

Post by Pureavatar » Mon Oct 16, 2023 6:13 pm

I still don't understand this argument everyone keeps making that world PvP is supposed to be fair. I've never seen anyone on the server staff claim that was an objective of the project. Even the stated server rules only target players who try to bypass normal game mechanics.

I think you just need to accept Turtle WoW is not a PvP focused server. Seriously, having warmode on allows you to reach level 60 after getting enough XP to only be level 54 without it. Six free levels seems more than generous to me in return for enduring the occasional ganking.

Luxlorica

Post by Luxlorica » Mon Oct 16, 2023 6:21 pm

Pureavatar wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2023 6:13 pm
Seriously, having warmode on allows you to reach level 60 after getting enough XP to only be level 54 without it.
See, this person did MATH for you! Respect.

Darktifa

Post by Darktifa » Mon Oct 16, 2023 6:27 pm

Pureavatar wrote:
I still don't understand this argument everyone keeps making that world PvP is supposed to be fair. I've never seen anyone on the server staff claim that was an objective of the project. Even the stated server rules only target players who try to bypass normal game mechanics.

I think you just need to accept Turtle WoW is not a PvP focused server. Seriously, having warmode on allows you to reach level 60 after getting enough XP to only be level 54 without it. Six free levels seems more than generous to me in return for enduring the occasional ganking.
There is NO argument
There are only 3,4 clowns, who have NO clue about basic game mechanics, providing entertainment to the community!
In the meantime DEVS have already stated that there is going to be NO change to WM...
Czasku wrote:

Kefke

Post by Kefke » Mon Oct 16, 2023 8:47 pm

Pureavatar wrote:

See, it's quite simple, really.

You don't get any other rewards out of PVPing low-levels than "winning" the fight (that you literally couldn't lose, LMAO). Which means the only reason to do it is if you're an asshole, or you have such a fragile ego that you need free wins to feel good about yourself. So, if you're not doing fair PVP, literally who cares whether it's ruined for you or not?

Paw

Post by Paw » Tue Oct 17, 2023 9:07 am

From my PoV. The glyph is stupid and that is why It should be changed.

This challenge aim players that want to partake in WPvP during lvling. I think we can all agree on this. I will use this statement as a factor in my argument.
The reward however has got nothing to do with player versus player interaction. I'm using this fact also as a factor.

We must figure the right changes so that we can propose the idea to the staff. To do that first we must understand each other. I contine from where I left off in my previous post.
  • PvP challenge
  • PvE reward
  • [It rewards PvE players] Many PvE players that don't actively partake join the challenge.
  • [This challenge stands for PvP players.] It ruins the experience of a PvP challenge.
My second point was that the participants are volunarble. I think it should not be medicined. I stand by Darktifa presently and say that it is a PVE REALM and you must take the bullet if u are attacked.

However my first argument holds ground. Changing the reward is neccessairy so that the proper players join the challenge instead of crybabies and NPCs and it actually prove to become a challenge for PvP oriented players who are willing to become Target Dummies for PvE players.

I suggest Engineering, First Aid and such supplies every 10 level that you can use to defend yourself when attacks involve your daily playtime. Certain items, trinkets. There is room to improve this idea and I believe that it is the way to go.
This angle for change would give the participants a fighting chance to defend themselves and in the meanwhile the option to practice using those suppliments. Allows them more excitement by having tools of the trade handed over them during the challenge. You could put some invisibility potions in those bags or Swiftness that allows you to run faster. Free action potions.
Certainly it won't help against rulebreaking griefers but you can either log out or port to a town until they leave or make a proper report and send them to the twisting nether for a few days that which would actually help in maintaining the community since leper or better say sochiopathic patients must be kept in isolation until they get better.

Terras

Post by Terras » Tue Oct 17, 2023 1:18 pm

Greetings,

I read through this chain and boy howdy this is a loaded topic. I don't really see either view as without merit and I really like Paw's take on it.
Adjust the risk reward ratio.
Getting resources every few levels is a great idea, but I wonder if it would be possible to take it a step further. Would it be possible for players to get a pvp related debuff based on the difference between their current level and level range of the zone they are in? Something akin to a res sickness? It would make it so that people who fight in warmode actually have a chance to get a good hit in but people who are already lvl 60 would still have a gear/extra talents advantage. I can see 3-4 low lvl people being able to team up to drive away or kill a high level in that type of fight. I sure like the sound of that kind of fight vs the standard ganking.

Bigsmerf

Post by Bigsmerf » Tue Oct 17, 2023 1:28 pm

Kefke wrote:
Darktifa wrote:
Kefke wrote:

IT'S A PVE REALM

P
V
E

R
E
A
L
M
Just gonna leave this here and bask in the sweet, sweet irony. viewtopic.php?t=10890
Elmhoof - 60 Feral, between tanking/dps (Main)
Anbone 34 Shadow Priest (Planned secondary main)
Manypunchman - 10 Naked Troll Boxer (Hardcore)

I'm back! More or less...

Kefke

Post by Kefke » Tue Oct 17, 2023 2:24 pm

Bigsmerf wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2023 1:28 pm
Kefke wrote:
Darktifa wrote:

IT'S A PVE REALM

P
V
E

R
E
A
L
M
Just gonna leave this here and bask in the sweet, sweet irony. viewtopic.php?t=10890
Irony? What irony? Also, don't you have school work you should be getting done?

Bigsmerf

Post by Bigsmerf » Tue Oct 17, 2023 2:42 pm

Kefke wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2023 2:24 pm
Bigsmerf wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2023 1:28 pm
Kefke wrote:

Irony? What irony? Also, don't you have school work you should be getting done?
Scroll down a little, you might get it.
Elmhoof - 60 Feral, between tanking/dps (Main)
Anbone 34 Shadow Priest (Planned secondary main)
Manypunchman - 10 Naked Troll Boxer (Hardcore)

I'm back! More or less...

Bob022

Post by Bob022 » Tue Oct 17, 2023 2:52 pm

Grin wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2023 10:41 am
We don't want bloodshed. We wish to make a healthy pvp atmosphere on the server. Killing and revenge only lead to toxicity. You shall learn, Mister! It is a competition that you may partake upon joining the challenge.
I've been participating in online gaming for close to thirty years, since the ancient days of USENET, and I don't think I've ever seen an open PvP environment that didn't lead to angry outbursts and hateful banter. Comes with the territory. People don't like losing, they definitely don't like losing to the stacked deck that is so often open world war-style PvP, and it leads to hard feelings. That's one of the core issues with open PvP and "war simulators." A game needs to be both fun and fair, and war is neither of those things. The difference between clever use of tactics and lame mechanic abuse so often amounts to which side of it the player finds himself on.

The problem is readily mitigated on T-wow because all PvP is strictly opt-in. Good enough.

Paw

Post by Paw » Tue Oct 17, 2023 3:14 pm

Bob022 wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2023 2:52 pm
Grin wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2023 10:41 am
I've been participating in online gaming for close to thirty years, since the ancient days of USENET, and I don't think I've ever seen an open PvP environment that didn't lead to angry outbursts and hateful banter. Comes with the territory. People don't like losing, they definitely don't like losing to the stacked deck that is so often open world war-style PvP, and it leads to hard feelings. That's one of the core issues with open PvP and "war simulators." A game needs to be both fun and fair, and war is neither of those things. The difference between clever use of tactics and lame mechanic abuse so often amounts to which side of it the player finds himself on.

The problem is readily mitigated on T-wow because all PvP is strictly opt-in. Good enough.
Hi! Your argument is similar to Darktifa's. It is a PvE realm and you can opt in to do some PvP. Let it be enough! I agree that crying about it is a waste of time and cringe that you take out on the forum moderator. However if the talk is working towards developing the idea? Which is my aim. USENET sounds interesing! I believe I was only an idea when that thing came into existence.

Bob022

Post by Bob022 » Tue Oct 17, 2023 3:24 pm

Paw wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2023 3:14 pm
Hi! Your argument is similar to Darktifa's. It is a PvE realm and you can opt in to do some PvP. Let it be enough! I agree that crying about it is a waste of time and cringe that you take out on the forum moderator. However if the talk is working towards developing the idea? Which is my aim. USENET sounds interesing! I believe I was only an idea when that thing came into existence.
Please understand: I do not oppose you. I'm merely pointing out that nobody has ever figured out how to keep tempers from flaring in an open-world PvP game. It's a tall task.

Paw

Post by Paw » Tue Oct 17, 2023 3:30 pm

Bob022 wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2023 3:24 pm
Paw wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2023 3:14 pm
Please understand: I do not oppose you. I'm merely pointing out that nobody has ever figured out how to keep tempers from flaring in an open-world PvP game. It's a tall task.
It is. Many fail the task. I find this glyph a great opportunity because if it meets a revolution then it may provide a certain; practice PvP environment for PvE players which I would really like to see.

Kefke

Post by Kefke » Tue Oct 17, 2023 3:43 pm

We can't control people's feelings, but we can regulate their actions, and there is zero reason to condone toxic behaviour.

Paw

Post by Paw » Thu Oct 19, 2023 7:17 am

Terras wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2023 1:18 pm
Greetings,

I read through this chain and boy howdy this is a loaded topic. I don't really see either view as without merit and I really like Paw's take on it.
Adjust the risk reward ratio.
Getting resources every few levels is a great idea, but I wonder if it would be possible to take it a step further. Would it be possible for players to get a pvp related debuff based on the difference between their current level and level range of the zone they are in? Something akin to a res sickness? It would make it so that people who fight in warmode actually have a chance to get a good hit in but people who are already lvl 60 would still have a gear/extra talents advantage. I can see 3-4 low lvl people being able to team up to drive away or kill a high level in that type of fight. I sure like the sound of that kind of fight vs the standard ganking.
Hello!

I should have replied earlier. I am still learning how to maintain an argument.
What comes to my mind is that the change must be simple enough to translate into programming language. Your idea would rather fit an entire PvP server. This opportunity is only a small part of the gameplay on the main realm in particular. I see the angle you are coming from and I support the idea but for it to work we have to come up with a highly logical and detailed game matrix. I would like to create a something similar thing as well but while it is fun to think about it we must remember that it should be up to the players to defend themselves and not to the developer team. The whole idea is ruined if the game environment becomes stale because the changes are overcomplicated.
Bob022 wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2023 3:24 pm
I'm merely pointing out that nobody has ever figured out how to keep tempers from flaring in an open-world PvP game.
I am aware of the complexity of this task but I believe the realm has means to succeed. However it will require the aid from the people who partake in the realm's life. Please, Sir if you have any constructive ideas do share them! I would personally spare the time reading through it and fuse it into the mindset I am working with.

Ishilu

Post by Ishilu » Thu Oct 19, 2023 2:25 pm

An extended PvP flag sounds good to me, so does removing the XP bonus from warmode and replacing it with something else. I'd say we need both :-)