Inferno Questline

Pauly

Inferno Questline

Post by Pauly » Thu Aug 10, 2023 8:02 am

Seeing as i've been 59 for months (as I was waiting for Hardcore 60 to release) , and proceeding through this Inferno questline for about a few weeks now, i've gotta say it's pretty dumb and tedious. It's not fun and it doesn't add to any Hardcore Experience. In-fact it takes away from it.

-Finding a group to even do the dungeons (It's not a matter of skill, or being able to do Hardcore content, it's the social connection and lack-thereof of any players to be able to do this content.

Finished up the Diremaul West part. Something i've done thousands of times over the past 17-18 years.

Just throwing this out there again, this quest is very, very dumb, and it doesn't prove to anyone that you are capable of doing Hardcore Content. There should be a minor task you have to complete to hit 60. It shouldn't be hindered by lack of players wanting to do Hardcore Content, because at this point I really don't even feel like playing, I can't even progress to 60 because of OTHER players not being online and there being a lack of community in the Hardcore Endgame Community on Turtle WoW.

There isn't a solid social structure for Hardcore.

There isn't a solid trade channel for Hardcore.

There isn't a solid LFG channel for Hardcore.

The list goes on.

When you put something into the game, support it, don't leave it to rot and die.

Seeing as i've donated my Money to the realm I feel like i'm entitled to my opinion.

Thanks.

Geojak
Has liked: 8 times

Re: Inferno Questline

Post by Geojak » Thu Aug 10, 2023 8:06 am

they should jut make a hardcore only server at this point with a optional free transfer to the regular server at sixty. considering we have queue times and if the server grows even more with 1.17 release.

no need to inferno attune, just stay on the hc server. no need for still alive guild or /hc channel, since everyone is a hardcore player anyway.
no need for anti boosting hc player rules for non harcore players either.

the issues with hc only server have vanished with the huge playerbase now

it should also be easier than opening a chinese server, since no translations needed

Pauly

Post by Pauly » Thu Aug 10, 2023 8:10 am

Geojak wrote:
Thu Aug 10, 2023 8:06 am
they should jut make a hardcore only server at this point with a optional free transfer to the regular server at sixty. considering we have queue times and if the server grows even more with 1.17 release.

no need to inferno attune, just stay on the hc server. no need for still alive guild or /hc channel, since everyone is a hardcore player anyway.
no need for anti boosting hc player rules for non harcore players either.

the issues with hc only server have vanished with the huge playerbase now
I've been saying this for months now. The fact they DONT have a Hardcore Server is absolutely ridiculous. The Hardcore Community does not want to be part of the Softcore Community. That's why we're Hardcore.

That's another issue.

This HC Inferno 60 Attune is literally dumb. I shouldn't have to wait weeeeeeeeks to finish -parts- of this quest, after i've already waited months at 59 to be hardcore 60. It's not a good design decision. At all. It's 100% not fun.

Pauly

Post by Pauly » Thu Aug 10, 2023 8:19 am

My whole guild "Hard Chores" , everyone who is 59 is on different parts of the Inferno Quest, SOOOOOOOOOOOO now the people who are geared have to help every single person separately through this dumb quest.

The Gatekeeping for Hardcore 60 is a horrible design. HORRIBLE.

Jammyxx

Post by Jammyxx » Thu Aug 10, 2023 8:20 am

Yes with 11k and 2k+ in queue I do believe it's finally time to start thinking about a HC only Server, with optional transfer available to the normal realm once you are level 60.

Originally I was against this at 5-6k pop because of dividing the community but at this population and more coming back in 1.17.0 it is needed

When you consider that 30%+ of the population leveling in the lower lvl zones are HC it becomes an issue for tags/quest mobs

Ingameacc12345

Post by Ingameacc12345 » Thu Aug 10, 2023 8:59 am

Pauly wrote:
Thu Aug 10, 2023 8:19 am
The Gatekeeping for Hardcore 60 is a horrible design. HORRIBLE.
100% agreed.

Hctwowfan
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Hctwowfan » Thu Aug 10, 2023 9:31 am

The inferno quest has been out for how long now? Don't remember. It was like 6 months between the announcement of adding hc 60 and adding the quest. With the amount of people that stayed 59 to remain hc even before the announcement and the amount of people staying 59 to eventually get to hc 60 after the announcement you'd think that enough time has passed since adding the quest that you'd see hc raiding by now. Yet it's not happening.

Everyone hc I know stays 59 in hopes of removal of the inferno quest or making it obsolete by adding a hc only realm (with auto hc toon transfer obviously). The quest is... not good. As was discussed here viewtopic.php?t=8112

Edit: good to see a member of hard chores come to their senses. Former posters in above linked discussion did the entire guild a disservice with their views on the matter.

I feel your pain with the design choice. Multiply that with the number of toons everyone has played to 59.99 in anticipation. Don't wanna do this quest once, most certainly not gonna do it 9 times over for every other hc toon sitting at 59.99
Exlusively playing hc, alive toons below
Immortal Nikora Halazi Mbamba Ofofu Qsetmizi Qsetnizi
59.99 Qiri Byomvin Toraya Bjomvin Peppa Tepsi Ufofo Yolani Ygritt Rhanja Yolari Qsetlizi Bsomdi Kiri Nemsi Ufufo Ofufu
50+ Oronil Lenymo

Pauly

Post by Pauly » Thu Aug 10, 2023 2:14 pm

Hctwowfan wrote:
Thu Aug 10, 2023 9:31 am
The inferno quest has been out for how long now? Don't remember. It was like 6 months between the announcement of adding hc 60 and adding the quest. With the amount of people that stayed 59 to remain hc even before the announcement and the amount of people staying 59 to eventually get to hc 60 after the announcement you'd think that enough time has passed since adding the quest that you'd see hc raiding by now. Yet it's not happening.

Everyone hc I know stays 59 in hopes of removal of the inferno quest or making it obsolete by adding a hc only realm (with auto hc toon transfer obviously). The quest is... not good. As was discussed here viewtopic.php?t=8112

Edit: good to see a member of hard chores come to their senses. Former posters in above linked discussion did the entire guild a disservice with their views on the matter.

I feel your pain with the design choice. Multiply that with the number of toons everyone has played to 59.99 in anticipation. Don't wanna do this quest once, most certainly not gonna do it 9 times over for every other hc toon sitting at 59.99
I completely, 100% agree. You've spoken it better than I was able to.

Pristn

Post by Pristn » Sat Sep 02, 2023 7:40 am

I remember a couple of months ago in a topic I created about the Inferno Challenge, the Hard Chores threw shit at me with shouts that this was a quest for the elite! Where are you now?

viewtopic.php?t=8112&hilit=Inferno

Fiffin

Post by Fiffin » Fri Oct 13, 2023 9:14 am

Yea those sure are some awful posts in there. Some people will defend anything