More Druid Races

Voodoochile

More Druid Races

Post by Voodoochile » Wed May 17, 2023 12:48 am

Lorewise, I believe the introduction of the Amani into the Horde with their animalistic tranformations from their worship of the Loa should facilitate the precedent that the trolls would share their rites, ᵃⁿᵈ ⁱ ᵍᵘᵉˢˢ ʰᵘᵐᵃⁿˢ ᵏⁿᵒʷ ᵉˡᵛᵉˢ ˢᵒ ᵗʰᵉʸ ᶜᵃⁿ ᵍᵉᵗ ᵒⁿᵉ ᶠᵒʳ ᵇᵃˡᵃⁿᶜᵉ, ᵗᵒᵒ.

I feel like the racials would probably allow for some nice class fantasy too with Troll Berserking having a nice effect on Feral spec and less so with the caster specs, while Human's Spirit racial would ofcourse be nice with Resto and Innervate

Sylveria
Has liked: 3 times

Re: More Druid Races

Post by Sylveria » Wed May 17, 2023 7:37 am

Source

Just kidding though. :D
I agree with having more druid races, but... i just don't like the idea of putting every god damn class into the hands of humans. :x
Some things just doesn't feel right or even fitting. Same goes for the tauren. I agree, they have very few class options.. but all other classes just don't feel right on the tauren. (and yes, that includes the Paladin.. always felt so strange, that Blizz gave 'em the Paladin class in Cataclysm.. and the explanation didn't feel right either)

Enceebe

Post by Enceebe » Wed May 17, 2023 8:06 am

Voodoochile wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 12:48 am
Lorewise, I believe the introduction of the Amani into the Horde with their animalistic tranformations from their worship of the Loa should facilitate the precedent that the trolls would share their rites, ᵃⁿᵈ ⁱ ᵍᵘᵉˢˢ ʰᵘᵐᵃⁿˢ ᵏⁿᵒʷ ᵉˡᵛᵉˢ ˢᵒ ᵗʰᵉʸ ᶜᵃⁿ ᵍᵉᵗ ᵒⁿᵉ ᶠᵒʳ ᵇᵃˡᵃⁿᶜᵉ, ᵗᵒᵒ.

I feel like the racials would probably allow for some nice class fantasy too with Troll Berserking having a nice effect on Feral spec and less so with the caster specs, while Human's Spirit racial would ofcourse be nice with Resto and Innervate
I think you would need to give alliance a new race to allow a new druid race.
Giving horde 2 druid races is kinda unfair.
I don't know if it will be added here, but with the addition of a new zone with wildhammer dwarves that life east of grimbatol that are more into nature and druidism I could see them as the only other race that could be druid in the alliance.

But you would first need to add more lore to it. Something like new Druid Circles similar to circle of cenarius:
"Like Circle of Aviana the Harpie like Nature godess and godesses of all Flying creatures that the wildhammers worship because of their connection to gryphons." There is simply not enough lore to support this right now.

Same with the Trolls. The Loas are more like forces of nature. Blizz made an exelant job in Battle of Azeroth with the whole Zandalari Campaign to illustrate how Loas are. For example Bwonzandi and Razen. They do as they please and trolls only get the transformation by enslaving their Loas, they do not give up there powers freely only if they want to.

But if the devs add Hyial perhabs we get the dark trolls back and they send an envoy to the other trolls. The interesting thing about the dark trolls is they are allied with night elves in WC3 and probably also related to the ancestores of the night elves. They would make also a good candidate for a new alliance race. But they would need to be look different then other trolls.

Ishilu

Post by Ishilu » Thu May 18, 2023 5:10 pm

Troll druids would be pretty cool. Also, looking at the current faction balance, it might be a good idea to give people some more reasons to roll horde instead of alliance.

However, troll berserking might mess up the balance, so people would have to come up with a good solution for that.

Druidwolf

Post by Druidwolf » Thu Oct 05, 2023 10:23 pm

Mavbyte wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 7:37 am
Source

Just kidding though. :D
I agree with having more druid races, but... i just don't like the idea of putting every god damn class into the hands of humans. :x
Some things just doesn't feel right or even fitting. Same goes for the tauren. I agree, they have very few class options.. but all other classes just don't feel right on the tauren. (and yes, that includes the Paladin.. always felt so strange, that Blizz gave 'em the Paladin class in Cataclysm.. and the explanation didn't feel right either)
I have been waiting for a gnome druid for 16 years now! YES PLEASE!

Reploidrocsa

Post by Reploidrocsa » Thu Oct 05, 2023 10:26 pm

Gnome druids ftw

Pauloricardo

Post by Pauloricardo » Thu Oct 05, 2023 10:41 pm

I think it's easier add another race with the possibilities to be Druid. I don't think Druid Gnomes will work(they dont even work being priest in my opinion).But the question is: What race?

Holyhorrorr

Post by Holyhorrorr » Thu Oct 05, 2023 10:49 pm

Is that how they look if a gnome and a nelf have sex? =D

Drubarrymooer

Post by Drubarrymooer » Fri Oct 06, 2023 12:16 am

Troll and that's about all I can see, lore wise. However, the only way I would accept this would be if they made it so Trolls....and frankly all druids...humanoid appearance would affect the appearance of the forms. I never actually played past WOTLK, but I played a bit of MoP on Tauri...and the fact druid humanoid form effected how your form looked was amazing. I want to be a teal bear with a pink mohawk and big tusks....PLEASE!!

Turboman

Post by Turboman » Fri Oct 06, 2023 6:48 am

Tauren druids were a retcon, so less druid races please.

Xero

Post by Xero » Fri Oct 06, 2023 10:03 am

As someone who identifies as a druid, I have a very serious suggestion to make:

Undead druids

Before you dismiss this idea outright, consider that it might just be so wrong that it's actually so right.

It would also be a totally unique and special Turtle-WoW quirk.

Undead druids found the emerald dream too overpowering. Fearing that they could never again be satisfied by the real world, they have been seduced inside the dream for so long that their minds became numb and their bodies decayed. Yet they still worship the moon, and now they search nature in hope of rebirth.

Moonkin form - a wailing banshee
Bear form - a plagued bear with no jaw
Cat form - the ghost of a panther
Tree form - a slowly staggering zombie
Travel form - a dirty scuttling cockroach
Aquatic form - a breathless skeleton

Will of the forsaken - undead druids fear nothing more than of losing control of themselves (again)
Cannibalize - this is the natural act of the feral scavenger who has no shame

Your lips feel warm to the touch
You can bring me back to life
On the outside you're ablaze and alive
But you're dead inside!

Muse - Dead Inside https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5sJhSNUkwQ

100% serious. Would reroll undread druid tomorrow if I could.

Zirek

Post by Zirek » Fri Oct 06, 2023 3:51 pm

Horrible idea you should ask less druid races for and example remove being able to druid for tauren or make it only night elf males can be druid. This is the way of Classic Wow.

Solwitar123

Post by Solwitar123 » Fri Oct 06, 2023 7:56 pm

Trolls for horde, High elves for alliance let's say they got taught druidic powers by their night elf brothers.

Blaketj

Post by Blaketj » Fri Oct 06, 2023 8:55 pm

Solwitar123 wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2023 7:56 pm
Trolls for horde, High elves for alliance let's say they got taught druidic powers by their night elf brothers.
Gnome and goblin druids as well. Cat form can be a prairie dog and the bear can be a turtle. turtle_tongue

Geojak
Has liked: 21 times

Post by Geojak » Fri Oct 06, 2023 9:35 pm

Troll druid
Dwarf shaman
Undead paladin

That's my wish list.
Maybe even Tauren rogue or priest.

Other than that i think we good