Things to keep in mind on the patch day

Akalix
Has liked: 1 time

Things to keep in mind on the patch day

Post by Akalix » Sun Oct 01, 2023 1:59 am

On October 3rd, the server will undergo a lengthy maintenance period to ensure a smooth distribution of the patch. We anticipate that our services will be down for an extended duration as we update.

Here are some additional things to keep in mind on the patch day:
  • If you're playing Hardcore mode, stick to safe activities as the server will likely be unstable initially after the release.
  • The attunements for the new raids will be available from the start. However, the Emerald Sanctum and Lower Karazhan Halls raids will open on October 7th to prevent any possible instability issues from affecting the raiding experience.
  • Once again, with the release of another major patch, we are excited to embrace the spirit of discovery and adventure by temporarily locking down our online DB website. Embark on new adventures, face formidable enemies, and share your experiences with friends or through the explorer's channel on our Discord. Our database will be reenabled on October 24th.
  • Additionally, we will have an additional server configuration in place to prevent datamining of items until they have been acquired by a player. Once acquired, everyone will be able to query and view that item.
  • During the update, all your custom modifications will be deleted to restore the game files integrity checks. If you have anything important, please move it out of the data folder! If you are using the HD patch, do not save it, as you will need to download the newest version.
Public Relations / Community Manager / Head of Recruitment

Looking to join Turtle? Need media information? Contact me!

Mynamewastaken

Re: Patch Day Considerations

Post by Mynamewastaken » Sun Oct 01, 2023 3:19 am

Akalix wrote:
Sun Oct 01, 2023 1:59 am
  • Once again, with the release of another major patch, we are excited to embrace the spirit of discovery and adventure by temporarily locking down our online DB website. Embark on new adventures, face formidable enemies, and share your experiences with friends or through the explorer's channel on our Discord. Our database will be reenabled on October 24th.
Will the base be available in its current state? Without patch updates?

Harkus

Post by Harkus » Sun Oct 01, 2023 8:29 am

So have transfers to the SEA realm started yet?

Isvya

Post by Isvya » Sun Oct 01, 2023 11:29 am

Harkus wrote:
Sun Oct 01, 2023 8:29 am
So have transfers to the SEA realm started yet?
At this point it likely wont happen until SEA realms get the patch too which we dont know how long it will take, there have not even been words about them getting it.

Just imagine how would it turn out when characters from the eu have items that available only in 1.17? There is no way of them transferring.

I will say this once again, the SEA servers should have just been copies of the og EU aerver to eliminate the need of transfers to begin with. They just shot themselves in the leg with this "fresh start feeling".

Rafale

Post by Rafale » Sun Oct 01, 2023 8:52 pm

Will vanilla tweaks work after the patch ?
I always follow those rules for suggestion :
1) Does it answer the class/spec problem ?
2) Does it keep the class identity ?
3) Does it keep the vanilla gameplay of the class/spec ?
4) Is it balanced (not OP) ?

Trangoul

Post by Trangoul » Mon Oct 02, 2023 6:16 am

Mynamewastaken wrote:
Sun Oct 01, 2023 3:19 am
Will the base be available in its current state? Without patch updates?
Last time the entire database was locked, including the older content.

Yifopek

Re: Things to keep in mind on the patch day

Post by Yifopek » Mon Oct 02, 2023 10:46 am

I've tried entering the game right now and the "connected" message doesn't close. Canceling the message popup gives me an empty character selection view. Is the game already offline in preparation for the update or is there something wrong with my client?

I've tried clearing my WDB folder, that didn't change the behavior.

UPDATE: never mind, works again, at least for me ;)