Elemental Cat Build

Drubarrymooer
Posts: 932
Has liked: 5 times
Likes: 10 times

Re: +500 DPS (No Raid Gear/Self Buff) Elemental Cat Build

Post by Drubarrymooer » Sat May 27, 2023 6:49 pm

Geojak wrote:
Fri Mar 24, 2023 11:14 pm
It's kinda broken but It in a good way imo. Since this build doesn't rly, scale any further and you aren't doing more dmg than meta naxx players.
I raid with someone in this build. Idk how accurate the "sustained" part of the statement is. I'm very close to full bis and I drastically out DPS this build. It is really good for trash parse though. Not trying to crap on it. I fully support experimenting with stuff like this. That's what twow is all about. If curse of elements did allow nature weakness, I imagine DPS would increase a fair amount as well.

Geojak
Posts: 2124
Has liked: 40 times
Likes: 25 times

Re: +500 DPS (No Raid Gear/Self Buff) Elemental Cat Build

Post by Geojak » Sat May 27, 2023 9:55 pm

It's pretzy insane in arena. Since you can both get easy mana from it, and deal good dmg. Can grind down your opponents since ferals can't be killed easily either on e they switch to baer when focused or heal when allows.

User avatar
Rafale
Posts: 80

Re: +500 DPS (No Raid Gear/Self Buff) Elemental Cat Build

Post by Rafale » Sat May 27, 2023 10:26 pm

This is awesome and not broken because it doesn't scale well !

it's just a good option to do decent dps with preraid
I always follow those rules for suggestion :
1) Does it answer the class/spec problem ?
2) Does it keep the class identity ?
3) Does it keep the vanilla gameplay of the class/spec ?
4) Is it balanced (not OP) ?

User avatar
Rafale
Posts: 80

Re: +500 DPS (No Raid Gear/Self Buff) Elemental Cat Build

Post by Rafale » Sat May 27, 2023 10:27 pm

Geojak wrote:
Sat May 27, 2023 9:55 pm
It's pretzy insane in arena. Since you can both get easy mana from it, and deal good dmg. Can grind down your opponents since ferals can't be killed easily either on e they switch to baer when focused or heal when allows.
At a huge cost because many items are very very bad for PVP.

Offhand from survival skill, back and head are really items with no stats so you end up losing tons of stam/agi/str.
I always follow those rules for suggestion :
1) Does it answer the class/spec problem ?
2) Does it keep the class identity ?
3) Does it keep the vanilla gameplay of the class/spec ?
4) Is it balanced (not OP) ?

0ulf
Posts: 2

Re: +500 DPS (No Raid Gear/Self Buff) Elemental Cat Build

Post by 0ulf » Sun Jun 04, 2023 11:02 pm

anyone good with math here? I want to figure out how much DPS 1% attack speed is worth if you're using the dagger + lantern + 2set incendosaur.

I feel like it would be a lot, since more attacks means more dagger procs, more clearcasting procs, and more crits, but I have absolutely no clue how i'd go about calculating that. I guess it also depends on your AP/Crit but I just want an estimate, like the ones from Taladril's List

Jammyxx
Posts: 476
Likes: 1 time

Re: +500 DPS (No Raid Gear/Self Buff) Elemental Cat Build

Post by Jammyxx » Thu Aug 17, 2023 7:05 am

Would be nice if they added some new +Nature damage DPS Pieces in the new Emerald Sanctum raid that would help the build progress further, rather than being stuck to lvl 49 blues.

Geojak
Posts: 2124
Has liked: 40 times
Likes: 25 times

Re: +500 DPS (No Raid Gear/Self Buff) Elemental Cat Build

Post by Geojak » Thu Aug 17, 2023 7:27 am

First things first make the cloak available, to night elf druids...

Kairion
Posts: 866

Re: +500 DPS (No Raid Gear/Self Buff) Elemental Cat Build

Post by Kairion » Thu Aug 17, 2023 7:34 am

Ornate bloodstone dagger is coming next patch - decent chance the build is gonna be much much stronger with it if it finds a way to survive the self damage.

So lets wait how the dagger shakes up the meta before we gonna improve on the spec too much

User avatar
Portholes
Posts: 46

Re: +500 DPS (No Raid Gear/Self Buff) Elemental Cat Build

Post by Portholes » Fri Aug 18, 2023 11:18 pm

It'll be interesting if its the same proc chance as Blade of Eternal Darkness... If it is a 10% proc you'll be doing roughly 185 dps to yourself.. not horrible, but if you get unlucky you could nuke yourself. If it has a spell coefficient that'll really change things up. Only real down side is not getting back the 100 mana per proc. It'll also be interesting to see if it crits, if those crits are counted as spell crits, if the damage taken effects bear rage generation, and if the damage done/taken can proc anything.

Paha4qw
Posts: 1

Re: +500 DPS (No Raid Gear/Self Buff) Elemental Cat Build

Post by Paha4qw » Sat Sep 02, 2023 6:00 am

I was trying to get that cloak (Thunder's Lizard Hide) for 2 days now. It's always sold out. Anyone knows the restock timer? It feels like more than 6 hours...

Shaman111
Posts: 213

Re: +500 DPS (No Raid Gear/Self Buff) Elemental Cat Build

Post by Shaman111 » Sat Sep 02, 2023 8:10 am

Portholes wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 3:22 am
Required Addons: Supermacro
(viewtopic.php?t=874)


I've been receiving a few questions here and there about "a standard powershift rotation". The most coherent way of explaining it is probably through a simple "1 button macro" (this macro should not be used as an "end all" dps macro), but should be used as a steppingstone into the basics of Feral DPS.
This macro will give you little control over your Druid and should be used as a "learning tool". I'm aware that most Feral DPS mains will disapprove, but so be it. It is formatted this way for easy understanding. Im not going to give you a copy/paste (you need to understand what you're doing). This macro is purely backstab, and does not use Rip.

Note: There may be issues with values in this macro, since it was kind of made on the fly, but just change them as issues arise.

Required Addons: Supermacro
(viewtopic.php?t=874)


(RIGHT CLICK/OPEN TO ENLARGE)
Image
Required Addons: Supermacro
(viewtopic.php?t=874)
Someone explain to me in what situations using claw is better than shred

User avatar
Portholes
Posts: 46

Re: +500 DPS (No Raid Gear/Self Buff) Elemental Cat Build

Post by Portholes » Sun Sep 03, 2023 12:00 am

Shaman111 wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2023 8:10 am
Portholes wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 3:22 am
Required Addons: Supermacro
(viewtopic.php?t=874)


I've been receiving a few questions here and there about "a standard powershift rotation". The most coherent way of explaining it is probably through a simple "1 button macro" (this macro should not be used as an "end all" dps macro), but should be used as a steppingstone into the basics of Feral DPS.
This macro will give you little control over your Druid and should be used as a "learning tool". I'm aware that most Feral DPS mains will disapprove, but so be it. It is formatted this way for easy understanding. Im not going to give you a copy/paste (you need to understand what you're doing). This macro is purely backstab, and does not use Rip.

Note: There may be issues with values in this macro, since it was kind of made on the fly, but just change them as issues arise.

Required Addons: Supermacro
(viewtopic.php?t=874)


(RIGHT CLICK/OPEN TO ENLARGE)
Image
Required Addons: Supermacro
(viewtopic.php?t=874)
Someone explain to me in what situations using claw is better than shred
I didn't really test it out too much (kinda made it on the fly), my thought process was in certain situations (72-82 energy and 4 combo points) it's better to waste the energy on a claw > 5 point ferocious bite > power shift than to get yourself in the situation of being at 4 combo points > shred (5 combo points) but then you don't have enough energy to use ferocious bite and you're within power shift energy range.. so you power shift > energy tick.. you now have 80 energy and you blow it all on a ferocious bite (horrible energy to dmg ratio after 35 energy) which brings your energy to 0 > power shift

Either way there may be errors in it, I wrote the macro like that so it's easy to read and adjust to the players liking. Fiddle around with the numbers, take claw out if need be, add rip to the mix if ya want [if GetComboPoints("target")>=5 and not buffed("Rip", 'target') then CastSpellByName("Rip") end;] , work out the timing so you're not out of form when you receive an energy tic... it's there as more of a learning tool than gospel

Fvan1
Posts: 4

Re: Elemental Cat Build

Post by Fvan1 » Tue Sep 26, 2023 5:12 pm

I brushed a set in addition to the necklace, but I found that the element cat is not as strong as I imagined, and even the amount of blood in pvp is quite small and more fragile. It doesn't hurt that much

User avatar
Zulnam
Posts: 164
Has liked: 14 times
Likes: 12 times

Re: Elemental Cat Build

Post by Zulnam » Tue Sep 26, 2023 5:32 pm

I mean this feels more like a preraid set that might be worth getting if you are lucky with the dagger drop, but with the upcoming changes to 2H maces and some T1/T2 feral items idk if i'd bother.

Coliny
Posts: 8

Re: +500 DPS (No Raid Gear/Self Buff) Elemental Cat Build

Post by Coliny » Tue Oct 03, 2023 11:37 am

Paha4qw wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2023 6:00 am
I was trying to get that cloak (Thunder's Lizard Hide) for 2 days now. It's always sold out. Anyone knows the restock timer? It feels like more than 6 hours...
hi, how can i get Thunder's Lizard Hide? the database is locked now.

Geojak
Posts: 2124
Has liked: 40 times
Likes: 25 times

Re: +500 DPS (No Raid Gear/Self Buff) Elemental Cat Build

Post by Geojak » Tue Oct 03, 2023 1:41 pm

Coliny wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2023 11:37 am
Paha4qw wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2023 6:00 am
I was trying to get that cloak (Thunder's Lizard Hide) for 2 days now. It's always sold out. Anyone knows the restock timer? It feels like more than 6 hours...
hi, how can i get Thunder's Lizard Hide? the database is locked now.
Used to be horde only.

Now there is a new elemtnwl dmg ring from gilenas dungeon for the build. Go get it

Coliny
Posts: 8

Re: +500 DPS (No Raid Gear/Self Buff) Elemental Cat Build

Post by Coliny » Tue Oct 03, 2023 1:49 pm

Geojak wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2023 1:41 pm
Coliny wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2023 11:37 am
Paha4qw wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2023 6:00 am
I was trying to get that cloak (Thunder's Lizard Hide) for 2 days now. It's always sold out. Anyone knows the restock timer? It feels like more than 6 hours...
hi, how can i get Thunder's Lizard Hide? the database is locked now.
Used to be horde only.

Now there is a new elemtnwl dmg ring from gilenas dungeon for the build. Go get it
got it , ty . but the gilenas dungeon is not open right?
Last edited by Coliny on Tue Oct 03, 2023 3:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Coliny
Posts: 8

Re: Elemental Cat Build

Post by Coliny » Tue Oct 03, 2023 1:57 pm

i got Thunder's Lizard Hide. still want to know what are u saying the new item. :)

F88813164
Posts: 24
Likes: 1 time

Re: Elemental Cat Build

Post by F88813164 » Wed Oct 04, 2023 6:25 am

I am a Druid player and I am using the latest equipment gorgeous Bloodstone Dagger, but I have encountered a BUG. When I change form, I also lose health and don't trigger effects properly. Every time I change form, I lose 500 health. Hopefully GM will fix this BUG soon. I spent almost all my energy and savings to make and buy it . Even when I change my weapon, it triggers a special effect that causes me to lose health!

User avatar
Reyden
Posts: 9
Location: Ukraine
Contact:

Re: Elemental Cat Build

Post by Reyden » Wed Oct 04, 2023 9:40 am

Yeah. We've tested it together. It doesn't work as intended. Worthless. The Ornate Bloodstone Dagger never proc at all but makes me hurt. I play as a druid.
https://armory.turtle-wow.org/#!/character/Reyden

Xudo
Posts: 1551
Has liked: 51 times
Likes: 18 times

Re: Elemental Cat Build

Post by Xudo » Wed Oct 04, 2023 12:03 pm

You probably would be interested in new rare Blazespark, which drops Leggings of Fiery Temper.
76 armor, -6 spirit, adds 2 fire damage to your melee attacks.
Xudo - tauren warrior 19 Sergeant armory.
I don't raid and rank, so you can not bother asking.
Nerf high level enchants on low level gear
Add lvl requirement to bandages
Best and optimal gear for 10-19 twinks
Have fun not only at 60.

User avatar
Reyden
Posts: 9
Location: Ukraine
Contact:

Re: Elemental Cat Build

Post by Reyden » Wed Oct 04, 2023 12:14 pm

Xudo wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2023 12:03 pm
You probably would be interested in new rare Blazespark, which drops Leggings of Fiery Temper.
76 armor, -6 spirit, adds 2 fire damage to your melee attacks.
Yeah sure! Thanks.

Mithrax
Posts: 4

Re: Elemental Cat Build

Post by Mithrax » Sat Oct 07, 2023 3:14 pm

Paladin interjecting here, thanks for having me! I have noticed that items with +ele dmg on hit don't multiple my proc chance anymore. I tested it with frost oil. If that's the case, you would notice something similar with the druid build you are running.

Did you folks notice something similar since patch 1.17?

Drubarrymooer
Posts: 932
Has liked: 5 times
Likes: 10 times

Re: Elemental Cat Build

Post by Drubarrymooer » Sat Oct 07, 2023 3:23 pm

Mithrax wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2023 3:14 pm
Paladin interjecting here, thanks for having me! I have noticed that items with +ele dmg on hit don't multiple my proc chance anymore. I tested it with frost oil. If that's the case, you would notice something similar with the druid build you are running.

Did you folks notice something similar since patch 1.17?
This was an intentional nerf to paladins as some of their abilities could force procs to happen.

Mithrax
Posts: 4

Re: Elemental Cat Build

Post by Mithrax » Sat Oct 07, 2023 6:06 pm

Drubarrymooer wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2023 3:23 pm
[quote=Mithrax post_id=69388 time=<a href="tel:1696691659">1696691659</a> user_id=379730]
Paladin interjecting here, thanks for having me! I have noticed that items with +ele dmg on hit don't multiple my proc chance anymore. I tested it with frost oil. If that's the case, you would notice something similar with the druid build you are running.

Did you folks notice something similar since patch 1.17?
This was an intentional nerf to paladins as some of their abilities could force procs to happen.
[/quote]

Are you certain of that? I thoroughly scanned the patch notes of the last 3 months, nothing about that. Seems like it might be unintentional.

If true, it prevents pallies from doing the same build as ele druids, eith a good proc weapon. I’d be surprised if it were even possible with simple means for the devs to affect pallies in that way but not druid.

Drubarrymooer
Posts: 932
Has liked: 5 times
Likes: 10 times

Re: Elemental Cat Build

Post by Drubarrymooer » Sat Oct 07, 2023 8:11 pm

Fairly certain. I remember hearing about it from pally's in my guild. I did look to try and link it, but I couldn't find it.

User avatar
Portholes
Posts: 46

Re: Elemental Cat Build

Post by Portholes » Sat Oct 07, 2023 10:09 pm

Mithrax wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2023 3:14 pm
Paladin interjecting here, thanks for having me! I have noticed that items with +ele dmg on hit don't multiple my proc chance anymore. I tested it with frost oil. If that's the case, you would notice something similar with the druid build you are running.

Did you folks notice something similar since patch 1.17?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

User avatar
Reploidrocsa
Posts: 503
Likes: 5 times

Re: Elemental Cat Build

Post by Reploidrocsa » Tue Oct 24, 2023 10:46 am

I've tried the macro, while it works very well, especially on fights where you need to focus on your surroundings more than on your dps, it doesnt work properly if you have 16 or more buffs. Looks like the macro is unable to read buffs past those 16 and treats it as if they weren't active, usually leading into unnecessary powershift until you burn out your mana. Anyone is having the same problem?

Hyrag
Posts: 186
Has liked: 2 times
Likes: 1 time

Re: +500 DPS (No Raid Gear/Self Buff) Elemental Cat Build

Post by Hyrag » Tue Oct 24, 2023 11:11 am

Raukodor wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 9:23 pm
I had a similar build with my melee hunter with very fast attack speed with dual alcor sunrazor and wolf stance and indendosaur set
i do the same with my paladin to proc vengeance with warblade of caer + storm gloves

Dreux
Posts: 1

Re: Elemental Cat Build

Post by Dreux » Thu Nov 02, 2023 5:20 pm

Hi,
Interesting approach and build!
I see the eternal dagger is quite good with MP5 aswell, but do you think all other sorts of 1h weapon melee hit procs work with the +fire/nature dmg procs?
Eg. The Lobotomizer, Letashaz's Right Claw, Pulseseeker, The Ripper and so on?

User avatar
Reyden
Posts: 9
Location: Ukraine
Contact:

Re: Elemental Cat Build

Post by Reyden » Thu Nov 02, 2023 10:21 pm

Dreux wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2023 5:20 pm
Hi,
Interesting approach and build!
I see the eternal dagger is quite good with MP5 aswell, but do you think all other sorts of 1h weapon melee hit procs work with the +fire/nature dmg procs?
Eg. The Lobotomizer, Letashaz's Right Claw, Pulseseeker, The Ripper and so on?
It doesn't work with chance on hit spells. I wish but.. sad_turtle

Anyone tested this build with Vial of Potent Venoms trinket from Kara 10 raid?
Mithrax wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2023 3:14 pm
Paladin interjecting here, thanks for having me! I have noticed that items with +ele dmg on hit don't multiple my proc chance anymore. I tested it with frost oil. If that's the case, you would notice something similar with the druid build you are running.

Did you folks notice something similar since patch 1.17?
I feel like proc chance of my basic skills (Omen of Clarity etc.) became lower. It might depends on chance on hit with spell chance. So many high lvl targets resist elemental damage.

Turtledruid1
Posts: 1

Re: Elemental Cat Build

Post by Turtledruid1 » Fri Nov 03, 2023 10:26 am

Darkmoon Card: Maelstorm can trigger Blade of Enternal Darkness, tested on v1.17.1

User avatar
Reyden
Posts: 9
Location: Ukraine
Contact:

Re: Elemental Cat Build

Post by Reyden » Sat Nov 04, 2023 10:24 pm

Turtledruid1 wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2023 10:26 am
Darkmoon Card: Maelstorm can trigger Blade of Enternal Darkness, tested on v1.17.1
Well yes. Confirm. It doesn't proc often overall. Have anyone tested new items, may be something interesting?

Coopervizor
Posts: 2

Re: Elemental Cat Build

Post by Coopervizor » Wed Nov 08, 2023 9:24 am

would this work with thorns effects on a bear like nagel ring and such?

Drubarrymooer
Posts: 932
Has liked: 5 times
Likes: 10 times

Re: Elemental Cat Build

Post by Drubarrymooer » Wed Nov 08, 2023 10:34 am

Coopervizor wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 9:24 am
would this work with thorns effects on a bear like nagel ring and such?
I don't think so. The elemental build relies on items that deal damage on the players melee hit. The nagel ring, thorns, etc only deal damage when being hit.

Post Reply