1000 in queue, seems like many Chinese players are already bypassing the priority queue...

Borefficz

1000 in queue, seems like many Chinese players are already bypassing the priority queue...

Post by Borefficz » Tue Sep 19, 2023 1:14 pm

Apparently Chinese players can use the English client to be considered EU players and get in the priority queue... Yesterday I did not have any queues all day, today for some reason I'm 1000th in queue. Coincidence? I think not.
I will be sure to check the queue numbers tomorrow at the exact same time...

Fundin

Re: 1000 in queue, seems like many Chinese players are already bypassing the priority queue...

Post by Fundin » Tue Sep 19, 2023 1:32 pm

Yep. I've noticed this as well. Yesterday my queue was about 600 when I first logged in at around 9:00am eastern time (North America). Same time today my queue is 1300.

Chinese are probably looking for ways to get around the priority queue.

Borefficz

Re: 1000 in queue, seems like many Chinese players are already bypassing the priority queue...

Post by Borefficz » Tue Sep 19, 2023 1:44 pm

viewtopic.php?t=10037
Blatantly posting tutorials on the TurtleWoW forums lol

Hctwowfan
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Hctwowfan » Tue Sep 19, 2023 1:47 pm

Yeah well, if everyone's priority, nobody is. Can we finally start thinking about something permanent?
Exlusively playing hc, alive toons below
Immortal Nikora Halazi Mbamba Ofofu Qsetmizi Qsetnizi
59.99 Qiri Byomvin Toraya Bjomvin Peppa Tepsi Ufofo Yolani Ygritt Rhanja Yolari Qsetlizi Bsomdi Kiri Nemsi Ufufo Ofufu
50+ Libbi Hazaru Lenymo Oronil

Jinwen

Post by Jinwen » Tue Sep 19, 2023 1:50 pm

Open up the server transfer as soon as possible, so there won't be so much bullshit. Who wants to watch bird droppings in English in the Chinese section

Mynamewastaken

Post by Mynamewastaken » Tue Sep 19, 2023 1:56 pm

This was expected. But it's better than nothing.

Aizawakai

Post by Aizawakai » Tue Sep 19, 2023 2:18 pm

Borefficz wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2023 1:44 pm
viewtopic.php?t=10037
I respect your perspective, but please do not overlook my intention. Different languages may entail different ways of thinking or implied meanings.
I am informing Chinese players that they can enter the game through this method and then make their own decision about playing in an English-speaking environment or making other choices.
My purpose in doing so is to ensure that Chinese players understand that the GM's intention is to maintain an English environment for the European servers and is not solely targeting restrictions against Chinese players.

Eversongwoods

Post by Eversongwoods » Tue Sep 19, 2023 2:29 pm

Same time yesterday i had no que and today i get a 1450 que that is moving much slower than usual. Looks like they definitely found some workaround, not suprising.

Flyingshroom

Post by Flyingshroom » Tue Sep 19, 2023 2:42 pm

Aizawakai wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2023 2:18 pm
Borefficz wrote:
viewtopic.php?t=10037
I respect your perspective, but please do not overlook my intention. Different languages may entail different ways of thinking or implied meanings.
I am informing Chinese players that they can enter the game through this method and then make their own decision about playing in an English-speaking environment or making other choices.
My purpose in doing so is to ensure that Chinese players understand that the GM's intention is to maintain an English environment for the European servers and is not solely targeting restrictions against Chinese players.
Why can't you just be patient for Twow team to enable transfer (which they said will be done this week) instead of trying to bypass all the systems and rules. This could get you banned instead.

Borefficz

Post by Borefficz » Tue Sep 19, 2023 3:10 pm

Aizawakai wrote:
Borefficz wrote:
viewtopic.php?t=10037
My perspective is that if avoiding getting AFK kicked by hitting the target dummy is a bannable offense, bypassing a feature meant to give EU/NA players wanting to play on an EU/NA server priority login over non EU/NA players should be bannable as well.

Hamalam

Post by Hamalam » Tue Sep 19, 2023 3:15 pm

I am also experiencing this. I have been in the queue starting from 14:00. I was 1010th in queue. Now at 17:15 I have still NOT joined the game and at a queue of 200. This is exactly the same as it was before, talking about the time. What is going on>
Greetings from Ham(da)(the)... (warr) (getter) (etc..)

GIT GUD

Mynamewastaken

Post by Mynamewastaken » Tue Sep 19, 2023 3:20 pm

Queues that move in the opposite direction are bullshit anyway. This is where I understand the frustration of the Chinese.

Geojak
Has liked: 28 times

Post by Geojak » Tue Sep 19, 2023 3:21 pm

Aizawakai wrote:
Borefficz wrote:
viewtopic.php?t=10037

I fully agree to this. Guys a Chinese player that perfectly speaks ebgkhsh, uses the English client, is in a English guild and doesn't Spam gibberish in chats should not be discrimibsted against just for being from China. Give them a fair choice. Integrate and stay or move into a Chinese environment.

Geojak

Post by Geojak » Tue Sep 19, 2023 3:22 pm

Hamalam wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2023 3:15 pm
I am also experiencing this. I have been in the queue starting from 14:00. I was 1010th in queue. Now at 17:15 I have still NOT joined the game and at a queue of 200. This is exactly the same as it was before, talking about the time. What is going on>
This is caused by peolle skipping the queue. According to discord you need to rrmestaet the game a few times to get lucky on an English client of course

Geojak

Post by Geojak » Tue Sep 19, 2023 3:23 pm

Hamalam wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2023 3:15 pm
This is caused by peolle skipping the queue. According to discord you need to restart the game a few times to get lucky on an English client of course

Aizawakai

Post by Aizawakai » Tue Sep 19, 2023 3:24 pm

Flyingshroom wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2023 2:42 pm
Aizawakai wrote:
Borefficz wrote:
viewtopic.php?t=10037
Why can't you just be patient for Twow team to enable transfer (which they said will be done this week) instead of trying to bypass all the systems and rules. This could get you banned instead.
I understand your point, and perhaps publishing this post was my mistake. If it leads to being banned from posting, I can accept that consequence.
Nevertheless, I still insist on sharing my perspective with you. I can comprehend that the GM's current restriction aims to maintain the English environment of the European servers. However, there were already many Chinese players actively gaming on this server even before queueing issues emerged on the European servers. Implementing this restriction before enabling server transfers may make long-standing Chinese players on the European servers feel targeted.
My viewpoint is that Chinese players should be allowed to decide for themselves whether to remain in an exclusively English-speaking environment because I do not believe the GM's intention in implementing this restriction is to drive away all Chinese players.

Flyingshroom

Post by Flyingshroom » Tue Sep 19, 2023 3:34 pm

Aizawakai wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2023 3:24 pm
Flyingshroom wrote:
Aizawakai wrote:

I understand your point, and perhaps publishing this post was my mistake. If it leads to being banned from posting, I can accept that consequence.
Nevertheless, I still insist on sharing my perspective with you. I can comprehend that the GM's current restriction aims to maintain the English environment of the European servers. However, there were already many Chinese players actively gaming on this server even before queueing issues emerged on the European servers. Implementing this restriction before enabling server transfers may make long-standing Chinese players on the European servers feel targeted.
My viewpoint is that Chinese players should be allowed to decide for themselves whether to remain in an exclusively English-speaking environment because I do not believe the GM's intention in implementing this restriction is to drive away all Chinese players.
I see your point, but i think posting the bypass using the chinese language will enable even those players that don't speak english the ability to bypass the queue. Which makes us at the start again.

Aizawakai

Post by Aizawakai » Tue Sep 19, 2023 3:35 pm

Borefficz wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2023 3:10 pm
Aizawakai wrote:
Borefficz wrote:
viewtopic.php?t=10037
My perspective is that if avoiding getting AFK kicked by hitting the target dummy is a bannable offense, bypassing a feature meant to give EU/NA players wanting to play on an EU/NA server priority login over non EU/NA players should be bannable as well.
Perhaps we have differing interpretations of certain rules. I believe we can discuss here.
My perspective is that the GM intends for players on European servers to use English for gameplay, and they welcome all English-speaking players to join the server. Additionally, they have considerately provided three Chinese-language environment servers for players who do not speak English.
However, from your response, my understanding is that European servers do not welcome players from regions outside of Europe? If my understanding is incorrect, please clarify.

Aizawakai

Post by Aizawakai » Tue Sep 19, 2023 3:41 pm

Flyingshroom wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2023 3:34 pm
Aizawakai wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2023 3:24 pm
Flyingshroom wrote:

I see your point, but i think posting the bypass using the chinese language will enable even those players that don't speak english the ability to bypass the queue. Which makes us at the start again.
Yes, queuing situations can occur, but I believe that Chinese players who do not speak English will naturally opt for Chinese servers once they realize that even completing a quest requires lengthy translation efforts after entering the game. After all, Turtle WoW's database is entirely in English.

Geojak

Post by Geojak » Tue Sep 19, 2023 3:48 pm

Aizawakai wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2023 3:35 pm
Borefficz wrote:
Aizawakai wrote:

Perhaps we have differing interpretations of certain rules. I believe we can discuss here.
My perspective is that the GM intends for players on European servers to use English for gameplay, and they welcome all English-speaking players to join the server. Additionally, they have considerately provided three Chinese-language environment servers for players who do not speak English.
However, from your response, my understanding is that European servers do not welcome players from regions outside of Europe? If my understanding is incorrect, please clarify.
There seems to be many that are outright anti China, even those that do speak English and integrate well, which saddens me as an European

Aizawakai

Post by Aizawakai » Tue Sep 19, 2023 3:52 pm

Geojak wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2023 3:48 pm
Aizawakai wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2023 3:35 pm
Borefficz wrote:

There seems to be many that are outright anti China, even those that do speak English and integrate well, which saddens me as an European
This is just a game, unrelated to politics. If you enjoy discussing such topics, please refrain from quoting my words.

Geojak

Post by Geojak » Tue Sep 19, 2023 3:54 pm

Hu? You asked in your post yourself "if your understanding is correct, please clarify"

I clarified for you and now you answer like this.

Ojdk

Aizawakai

Post by Aizawakai » Tue Sep 19, 2023 4:05 pm

Geojak wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2023 3:54 pm
Hu? You asked in your post yourself "if your understanding is correct, please clarify"

Ojdk
Perhaps it's a misunderstanding due to our different native languages.
What I intended to convey is that we are solely discussing the game here, and I kindly request that we refrain from delving into any political topics.

Bigsmerf

Post by Bigsmerf » Tue Sep 19, 2023 4:24 pm

Aizawakai wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2023 4:05 pm
Geojak wrote:

Ojdk
What I intended to convey is that we are solely discussing the game here, and I kindly request that we refrain from delving into any political topics.
Ah, what's this? A well tempered individual with respectful and passive mannerisms? On this maldfest of a platform? I commend you for your courteous behaviour, good sir!
Elmhoof - 60 Feral, between tanking/dps (Main)
Anbone 34 Shadow Priest (Planned secondary main)
Manypunchman - 10 Naked Troll Boxer (Hardcore)

I'm back! More or less...

Aizawakai

Post by Aizawakai » Tue Sep 19, 2023 4:52 pm

Bigsmerf wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2023 4:24 pm
Aizawakai wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2023 4:05 pm
Geojak wrote:

Ojdk
Ah, what's this? A well tempered individual with respectful and passive mannerisms? On this maldfest of a platform? I commend you for your courteous behaviour, good sir!
Why, thank you kind sir!
Your gracious words are most appreciated.
May your day be filled with utmost politeness and goodwill

Harkus

Post by Harkus » Tue Sep 19, 2023 5:18 pm

Honestly anybody caught cheesing the EU queue and speaking Chinese in-game should be instantly banned, otherwise it is pointless and the server will just be the 4th Chinese realm... Chinese who actually partake in the English community are fine of course

Jolikmc

Post by Jolikmc » Tue Sep 19, 2023 9:24 pm

Borefficz wrote:
"From my point of view, the Jedi are evil!"

But seriously… the way this was implemented is just… genuinely laughable. Their "queue prioritization" can be circumvented by [𝚛𝚎𝚍𝚊𝚌𝚝𝚎𝚍]… Like… I've tried not to be negative about Turtle Team – or at least far less acidic – but this particular "fix" was a work of genuine incompetence. Or, at the very least, it was ignorant and naïve. Now, Turtle Team has no choice but to either give up, or try and find a solution that actually works. Preferably one that doesn't rely on the staff politely asking that users not tinker with their modifications.

This is why you don't take shortcuts with important things, folks.

Edit:
The "queue circumvention tutorial" topic has been removed (though I'm pretty sure it's pretty well circulated by now…), so I have edited this post with a respectful removal of information.
Last edited by Jolikmc on Tue Sep 19, 2023 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Not currently playing. Just skulking and snarking~

Whalemilk

Post by Whalemilk » Tue Sep 19, 2023 10:17 pm

Jolikmc wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2023 9:24 pm
"From my point of view, the Jedi are evil!"
TurtleWoW might have to perform an order 66

Addd

Post by Addd » Wed Sep 20, 2023 2:23 am

Mynamewastaken wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2023 3:20 pm
Queues that move in the opposite direction are bullshit anyway. This is where I understand the frustration of the Chinese.
I can't agree with you more

I didn't go to bed until 4:00 last night, because I could finally log in to the game after 0:00. During most of the time from 11:00 to 23:00 yesterday, the queue remained the same or even increased in reverse. I queued from 11:00 when the 1000+ queue was displayed until 21:00, but I couldn't enter the game The queue showed 1900+, today I got up at 9:00 to try to log in to the game, but I desperately found that the queue gradually changed from 89 to 1162, which made me very frustrated

I was fine with waiting in line for hours to log in, but now it looks like I can't even wait in line all day

The Twow team said that it hoped Chinese players to go to Asian service, in fact, I also hope to go to Asian service, but the account transfer function has been delayed to open, but it has been preventing Chinese players from logging in to the game

We didn't protest when the Twow team said we were going to block Chinese, because we respected the fact that it was an English server

When the Twow team said to give priority to English players we didn't protest because we respected the fact that it was an English server

Now we can hardly log in to the game, but the Twow team did not tell us when accepting Chinese players to recharge in the game that it would be difficult for Chinese players to log in to the game in the future

--------------------- A player from Shanghai

Dachengzi

Post by Dachengzi » Wed Sep 20, 2023 3:52 am

Borefficz wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2023 1:14 pm
Apparently Chinese players can use the English client to be considered EU players and get in the priority queue... Yesterday I did not have any queues all day, today for some reason I'm 1000th in queue. Coincidence? I think not.
Hello, friend, as a implicated Chinese player, I tell you the truth

Some Chinese players bypass the priority queue, but most importantly, so do Chinese game studios

GM's approach doesn't work for Chinese game studios. There is an old saying in China. There are policies above and countermeasures below.

Solve the problem of queuing, can only stop registration, strict sealing.Beat the dog before the lion.

Ban all double boxing, script, hang up behavior,One foul, lost forever

Eric123

Post by Eric123 » Wed Sep 20, 2023 6:30 am

yep, the Magino Line failed, but im not writing just for gloating.
EU server priority for native players, it is logical and acceptable, for me, as a normal Chinese player, you have my total approval for this.
But the problem is always not on normal Chinese players,you guys should focus on the Chinese working studios, if you dont heard of Chinese studios, just ask some Chinese people with good english skills, or ask the Chinese sea team,maybe some of them will tell you working studios are good and professional, Leave it to the professionals some bullshit like this
Acutally more and more Chinese players suspect the queue so long because of the working studios behind hired by some chinese private server owners, they create hundreds of accounts to occupy the recource of server that blocking the normal players out. Chinese call this ghost soldiers.
The capacity of Eu realm about 12k, and I guess English speaking only 6~7k,forgive me if my guess is wrong, there is still room for outsiders, no need to expel all the chinese out, your city have China town,right, it is no big deal, as long as they obey the rules
One last suggestion, can we just ban all kind of multi-boxing? As some working studio can run dozens of accounts in one PC, for most of normal palyers, one charater each time is enough

Lemontree201

Post by Lemontree201 » Sat Sep 23, 2023 2:13 am

Borefficz wrote:
What makes you think you have the priority in queue?
Did you donate?
Or just because you are Noble European?

Edgarfam

Post by Edgarfam » Sat Sep 23, 2023 3:52 am

Lemontree201 wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2023 2:13 am
Borefficz wrote:
What makes you think you have the priority in queue?
Did you donate?
Or just because you are Noble European?
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9958

Cc515k2

Post by Cc515k2 » Sat Sep 23, 2023 4:55 am

The core of the problem is to ban non English language accounts before opening the transfer service. The handling of this matter lacks logic.

Geojak

Post by Geojak » Sat Sep 23, 2023 9:26 am

Cc515k2 wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2023 4:55 am
The core of the problem is to ban non English language accounts before opening the transfer service. The handling of this matter lacks logic.
To my understanding, if you swith to an English client you get the same treatment as everyone else on the English Server