Player vs Player Bounty Boards

Torta

Player vs Player Bounty Boards

Post by Torta » Sat Dec 07, 2019 4:46 am

Greetings!

With the last server update, Turtle WoW got a new experimental feature: Bounty Boards have been placed in Stormwind and Orgrimmar.

How does this work:
  • You must kill the player listed as target to complete the quest. Group kills will not count.
  • An active player with the highest amount of Honorable Kills on the Last Week will become a target of the Bounty Hunt for the opposite faction! Targets will be updated every Wednesday, for both, Horde and Alliance.
  • The quest for each target is not repeatable.
  • On completion you'll be rewarded with 1 Gold and 250 reputation with Stormwind or Orgrimmar, 270 if you're Human.
If you have any suggestions, please post them in this thread.
Happy Hunting!

Torta

Re: Bounties and the Bounty Board

Post by Torta » Sat Dec 07, 2019 4:58 am

Replying to Wenzel (sorry I've messed up the post merge on forums and your topic got lost)
Hi guys, loving the idea behind the Bounty Board.

It is very reminiscent of having a new and more fun quest-giver, and it gave me an idea where we could add both PCs and NPCs.

Leveling is a marathon on vanilla, so I was hoping we could maybe do monthly bounties or have a bounty come available every 10 levels or so, as an NPC.

This would incentives people going out to explore new parts of the map that we might not use or see much off, and it would add a bit of a single-player boss challenge to people hunting for quests.

If this is possible or something you'd like for me to expand on, I'd love to come up with some plausible scenarios or write out some of the bounties.

Thanks for reading, it's appreciated.
That's exactly why we've got this tool :)

https://dev.turtle-wow.org
Create a quest for your favorite location and share the link in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=820 The quest should be lore appropriate and story should fit to the game lore and do not conflict with the existing stories.

Mercyheal86

Re: Player vs Player Bounty Boards

Post by Mercyheal86 » Sat Dec 14, 2019 4:44 am

Lol! I see ol' Johnny boy made his way to the Wanted list. I spoke with Bremdir some time ago while having a tent party at the Arena, and apparently he's been assaulting John relentlessly to the point he'd made him run. Lol! It was funny "listening" to him talk about hounding him. That's one gung-ho Paladin!
"I've come to Arthas this land!" insidious_turtle

Torta

Post by Torta » Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:58 pm

Bounty Boards are back!

Cervantes

Post by Cervantes » Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:58 am

Yes :) awesome i will check this out.
Seymour Siegfried Jones
Holy Knight

Merikkinon

Post by Merikkinon » Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:12 pm

HAHAHA this is incredible. I saw the one in Org for "Wanted: Tsal!" and was really curious. Explains a lot. Great ideas.

Patadepalo

Post by Patadepalo » Thu Sep 22, 2022 7:23 pm

Remove honor decay....

Illyane

Post by Illyane » Fri Feb 24, 2023 2:08 pm

Is this still working? I feel like I always see the same wanted people (Redridgeboss for example).

Rivid

Post by Rivid » Thu Mar 16, 2023 11:04 pm

I'm unfamiliar with how to go about setting up a bounty, is there a process to follow, or is this something we should go about trying to discover how to do in the game? ;)

Akalix

Post by Akalix » Thu Mar 16, 2023 11:08 pm

Rivid wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2023 11:04 pm
I'm unfamiliar with how to go about setting up a bounty, is there a process to follow, or is this something we should go about trying to discover how to do in the game? ;)
Players themselves don't set the bounties.
Torta wrote:An active player with the highest amount of Honorable Kills on the Last Week will become a target of the Bounty Hunt for the opposite faction! Targets will be updated every Wednesday, for both, Horde and Alliance.
Public Relations / Community Manager / Head of Recruitment

Looking to join Turtle? Need media information? Contact me!