Pioritize the queue on the account creation date

Duvel1

Pioritize the queue on the account creation date

Post by Duvel1 » Sun Sep 17, 2023 8:34 am

The position in the login queue should be ordered by account creation date instead of connection timestamp.

Let enter instantly the players that were there when the server peaked at 300 players.
Let the veterans that made this server popular play the game in the normal conditions they have always known.
Let the old guilds run their raids like they do for years.

We are suffering a home-jacking

This is easy to implement, and is the only FAIR approach!

And if I am not getting massive upvoteS on this proposal, it is only because the real veterans here are now 0.001%. So that wont change much for all new fresh arrivals of those last weeks to have such a priority system !

Ishilu

Re: Pioritize the queue on the account creation date

Post by Ishilu » Sun Sep 17, 2023 9:39 am

That's effectively very similar to a region lock. Possible solution, but not pretty, since it would lock out honest new players from all regions. Also, not all Asians are gold farmers and many deserve to be treated with the same deceny as westerners. I hope the team finds a more elegant solution.

Osstan

Post by Osstan » Sun Sep 17, 2023 10:49 am

Ishilu wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2023 9:39 am
That's effectively very similar to a region lock. Possible solution, but not pretty, since it would lock out honest new players from all regions. Also, not all Asians are gold farmers and many deserve to be treated with the same deceny as westerners. I hope the team finds a more elegant solution.
what does it have to do with Asians? this also applies to the West

Crunshy1512

Post by Crunshy1512 » Sun Sep 17, 2023 10:54 am

eu2 when

Ishilu

Post by Ishilu » Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:02 am

Since the influx of Asian players was very recent, it is safe to assume that the vast majority of new players are asian.

Given the current situation, the suggestion would have a similar effect to "as long as there are queues, ban all new Asian players and prevent any new players from joining the server in the near future."

I don't think that this solution is actually desirable but I understand and can relate to the thought process leading to it.

Harkus

Post by Harkus » Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:10 am

It is not pretty but I think it would be a good temporary solution at least :( I started playing in 2021 so I may be left out of the server as well but then at least the OG community who was so friendly and welcoming to me would be able to actually play their game. It would not have reached current numbers and popularity without them after all...
Crunshy1512 wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2023 10:54 am
eu2 when
It would literally solve nothing, you would just be creating another Chinese server

Phil29

Post by Phil29 » Sun Sep 17, 2023 1:02 pm

As a new NA player, to only queue priotization I would see as fair is the donors queue. If you pay and support the server, it is fair that you get to play faster.

Zap331

Post by Zap331 » Sun Sep 17, 2023 1:15 pm

Fair to whom exactly? Are you entitled to get into the server first because you registered a month earlier than someone else? You truly made the server by your presence, without you I think the server would've been forgotten! This is a much larger issue that needs to be addressed with a more meaningful solution.

Balake

Post by Balake » Sun Sep 17, 2023 1:48 pm

The reason it is fair to give veterans priority queue over new people is because generally, veteran people have responsibilities to uphold. A pvp rank to preserve, a raiding team to participate it, materials to farm. The long queue has affected whole guilds ability to fill their raids so veterans queue didn't solve it 100% but at least it alleviated a tiny bit of that problem.

Meanwhile a new player is just leveling, they can do the leveling at any pace they want and there's no harm in falling behind.

Zap331

Post by Zap331 » Sun Sep 17, 2023 1:55 pm

Balake wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2023 1:48 pm
The reason it is fair to give veterans priority queue over new people is because generally, veteran people have responsibilities to uphold. A pvp rank to preserve, a raiding team to participate it, materials to farm. The long queue has affected whole guilds ability to fill their raids so veterans queue didn't solve it 100% but at least it alleviated a tiny bit of that problem.

Meanwhile a new player is just leveling, they can do the leveling at any pace they want and there's no harm in falling behind.
Veteran responsibilities precede that of other players? In my book me leveling is as important as you raiding, farming materials and whatnot. Veterans queue is a band-aid on an open wound and it does more harm than good.

Choosingname

Post by Choosingname » Sun Sep 17, 2023 2:11 pm

Zap331 wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2023 1:15 pm
Fair to whom exactly? Are you entitled to get into the server first because you registered a month earlier than someone else? You truly made the server by your presence, without you I think the server would've been forgotten! This is a much larger issue that needs to be addressed with a more meaningful solution.
The issue is larger indeed, but if you think we, veterans who simply "stayed and were present" did and contributed absolutely nothing, ask yourself this question: When you first logged into turtle, typed /who and saw 12 people online, would you have stayed?

Because we did just that. When day pop was 20 and max pop was 50, before the cross-faction, the events, the new content and the custom quests, before survival and tent parties, before HC mode, before the Mirage raceway. We stayed and Turtle thrived because of it...
Bultago - 60 Paladin Tank/Healer
Vadrik - 60 Warrior Tank/DPS (Current Main)

Zap331

Post by Zap331 » Sun Sep 17, 2023 2:23 pm

Choosingname wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2023 2:11 pm
The issue is larger indeed, but if you think we, veterans who simply "stayed and were present" did and contributed absolutely nothing, ask yourself this question: When you first logged into turtle, typed /who and saw 12 people online, would you have stayed?

Because we did just that. When day pop was 20 and max pop was 50, before the cross-faction, the events, the new content and the custom quests, before survival and tent parties, before HC mode, before the Mirage raceway. We stayed and Turtle thrived because of it...
Alright, lets say that you did contribute in some capacity to it's success, does it warrant special treatment? You get to waltz into the server at your convenience while the rest of us peasants have to stand in line? You did agree that issue is much broader so I hope you are also in agreement that such change would a) not solve the issue at hand, b) create somewhat of a schism between players.

Choosingname

Post by Choosingname » Sun Sep 17, 2023 2:42 pm

Zap331 wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2023 2:23 pm
Choosingname wrote:

Alright, lets say that you did contribute in some capacity to it's success, does it warrant special treatment? You get to waltz into the server at your convenience while the rest of us peasants have to stand in line? You did agree that issue is much broader so I hope you are also in agreement that such change would a) not solve the issue at hand, b) create somewhat of a schism between players.
Veterans have stayed since launch/early years and as such have not only contributed but proven that they like Turtle and have persevered throughout the years. On the other hand new players could have come out of curiosity, due to hype, HC mode, China-Blizz falling out and whatnot. As such new players could stay but they could also just dip their toes and leave after a month or two.

On the surface treating veterans and new players equally seems fair, but forcing veterans to stay in 3h+ queues can cause some to stop playing and if the veterans stop playing and the new players sate their curiosity and move on to the next thing, Turtle will be left with 4 empty realms.

Preferential veteran queue will alleviate part of the problem because 1)it will keep the Turtle core pop intact, 2) will weed out those who don't plan to stay in the server.

Judging by the way you speak - "you get to waltz", "us peasants" and such, I'd say there is already a schism between old and new players. And no, we don't waltz anywhere. We were here long before you came and if anyone is waltzing...it was you.

Xa1amandor

Post by Xa1amandor » Sun Sep 17, 2023 3:12 pm

Choosingname wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2023 2:42 pm
Zap331 wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2023 2:23 pm
Choosingname wrote:

Veterans have stayed since launch/early years and as such have not only contributed but proven that they like Turtle and have persevered throughout the years. On the other hand new players could have come out of curiosity, due to hype, HC mode, China-Blizz falling out and whatnot. As such new players could stay but they could also just dip their toes and leave after a month or two.

On the surface treating veterans and new players equally seems fair, but forcing veterans to stay in 3h+ queues can cause some to stop playing and if the veterans stop playing and the new players sate their curiosity and move on to the next thing, Turtle will be left with 4 empty realms.

Preferential veteran queue will alleviate part of the problem because 1)it will keep the Turtle core pop intact, 2) will weed out those who don't plan to stay in the server.

Judging by the way you speak - "you get to waltz", "us peasants" and such, I'd say there is already a schism between old and new players. And no, we don't waltz anywhere. We were here long before you came and if anyone is waltzing...it was you.
+1

Zap331

Post by Zap331 » Sun Sep 17, 2023 3:27 pm

Choosingname wrote:

You veterans have quite overblown perception of your contributions as if it's you who made the server by sticking with it and not developers by introducing new systems and content. Preferential treatment isn't going to put a dent in the problem but get you and your veteran buddies on top the list meanwhile everyone else has to stand in line and problems persist. You yourself said that the problem is much larger and instead of advocating for a solution that affects both parties decide that if said solution works for you then to hell with others. What happened to the Turtle core ideals of 'it's all about community' that you veterans used to tout or do these ideals go out the window at the moment of inconvenience?

Geojak
Has liked: 27 times

Post by Geojak » Sun Sep 17, 2023 3:46 pm

I am a semi veteran at this point but I rly don't understand the entitelemt of older players. Why should they, count or natter more than new joiners. Na i don't agree with the arguments.

We should differentiate between, peolle that have an account and play here, and peolle that don't have an account yet. Registration for new accounts needs to be controlled instead to ensure all those that are in have good conditions.

I gave a lenghty explanation and bowser said he will pass it on to the team and they said they are considering it

Choosingname

Post by Choosingname » Sun Sep 17, 2023 5:01 pm

Zap331 wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2023 3:27 pm
Choosingname wrote:

You veterans have quite overblown perception of your contributions as if it's you who made the server by sticking with it and not developers by introducing new systems and content. Preferential treatment isn't going to put a dent in the problem but get you and your veteran buddies on top the list meanwhile everyone else has to stand in line and problems persist. You yourself said that the problem is much larger and instead of advocating for a solution that affects both parties decide that if said solution works for you then to hell with others. What happened to the Turtle core ideals of 'it's all about community' that you veterans used to tout or do these ideals go out the window at the moment of inconvenience?
You don't seem to grasp the concept of the importance of consistent player base and it's inherent value in attracting new players, who when they log in can see there is actually someone playing on the server (as opposed to a dead server).

Also you exceedingly seem to have great disdain for veteran players to the point where I begin to wonder how you have managed to restrain yourself to ask for preferential treatment for new players. After all we have populated the server long enough, we have done our purpose and should rightfully be put to pasture and make room for fresh new populations like the non-English speaking Chinese on an English-only server, along with their gold sellers, bots and spectral tiger donations or the hype-train kids who are only here because some Twitch streamer once played here and will move on to the next server when he does so.

As for the community? Well, the community is in 2k queue in late afternoon EU time and can't answer the phone right now.

Reploidrocsa

Post by Reploidrocsa » Sun Sep 17, 2023 5:09 pm

Veterans helped reporting bugs, testing events, raid bosses and many of them organize content.

Having what, 1000 old accounts, which are active maybe a third of them to enter straight away? Who cares at this point for 100-300 more people, let them in

Zap331

Post by Zap331 » Mon Sep 18, 2023 5:18 am

Choosingname wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2023 5:01 pm
You don't seem to grasp the concept of the importance of consistent player base and it's inherent value in attracting new players, who when they log in can see there is actually someone playing on the server (as opposed to a dead server).

Also you exceedingly seem to have great disdain for veteran players to the point where I begin to wonder how you have managed to restrain yourself to ask for preferential treatment for new players. After all we have populated the server long enough, we have done our purpose and should rightfully be put to pasture and make room for fresh new populations like the non-English speaking Chinese on an English-only server, along with their gold sellers, bots and spectral tiger donations or the hype-train kids who are only here because some Twitch streamer once played here and will move on to the next server when he does so.

As for the community? Well, the community is in 2k queue in late afternoon EU time and can't answer the phone right now.
Where did you even get the idea that I'd ask for special treatment for new players? I was clear from the get-go that I'm advocating to attack the problem directly in a way that it benefits the general population, veterans and new players included, your solution just guarantees an entry to you and your cronies who feel the same type of entitlement. You continuously write off new players as if they're somewhat inferior and put veterans on a pedestal proclaiming that you are more important somehow because you played back in the day.

Reploidrocsa wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2023 5:09 pm
Veterans helped reporting bugs, testing events, raid bosses and many of them organize content.

Having what, 1000 old accounts, which are active maybe a third of them to enter straight away? Who cares at this point for 100-300 more people, let them in
Management has other means to reward these people for their actual contributions, be it some shop points or a symbolic gift, not blatant favoritism to get them ahead of the line.

Reploidrocsa

Post by Reploidrocsa » Mon Sep 18, 2023 8:41 am

Zap331 wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2023 5:18 am
Choosingname wrote:

Where did you even get the idea that I'd ask for special treatment for new players? I was clear from the get-go that I'm advocating to attack the problem directly in a way that it benefits the general population, veterans and new players included, your solution just guarantees an entry to you and your cronies who feel the same type of entitlement. You continuously write off new players as if they're somewhat inferior and put veterans on a pedestal proclaiming that you are more important somehow because you played back in the day.

Reploidrocsa wrote:

Management has other means to reward these people for their actual contributions, be it some shop points or a symbolic gift, not blatant favoritism to get them ahead of the line.
We gave priority to the elderly accessing public buildings during covid time and we were fine with it

Zap331

Post by Zap331 » Mon Sep 18, 2023 9:19 am

Reploidrocsa wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2023 8:41 am

We gave priority to the elderly accessing public buildings during covid time and we were fine with it
Just how are these two situations connected? Is there a risk of you dying if you don't get into the server?

Choosingname

Post by Choosingname » Mon Sep 18, 2023 1:28 pm

Zap331 wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2023 5:18 am
Choosingname wrote:

Reploidrocsa wrote:

Me and my cronies? As if we veteran players have secret cabal meetings where we discuss how to gatekeep this game for ourselves. I won't bother with you anymore, friend. Learn some manners and take your pills.

Reploidrocsa

Post by Reploidrocsa » Mon Sep 18, 2023 2:52 pm

Zap331 wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2023 9:19 am
Reploidrocsa wrote:

Just how are these two situations connected? Is there a risk of you dying if you don't get into the server?

Yes

Queenoona

Post by Queenoona » Mon Sep 18, 2023 2:56 pm

+1 Prioritizing by acct creation date would also address the concerns people have that new accounts are being created and logged in to make the queue worse.

Marsm

Post by Marsm » Mon Sep 18, 2023 3:03 pm

I cant support this, purely selfish reasons. Me and 2 of my friends started last wednesday, and we are having a blast. If prioritization of account creation date happens we will move to a different server. And i am sure many new players will do the same, it will hurt the server in a long run, by severely limiting influx of new people.

Dachengzi

Post by Dachengzi » Mon Sep 18, 2023 3:22 pm

Marsm wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2023 3:03 pm
I cant support this, purely selfish reasons. Me and 2 of my friends started last wednesday, and we are having a blast. If prioritization of account creation date happens we will move to a different server. And i am sure many new players will do the same, it will hurt the server in a long run, by severely limiting influx of new people.
If we add the LV conditions, I believe it will be easier to help us through the difficulties

Drubarrymooer

Post by Drubarrymooer » Mon Sep 18, 2023 4:15 pm

Geojak wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2023 3:46 pm
I am a semi veteran at this point but I rly don't understand the entitelemt of older players. Why should they, count or natter more than new joiners. Na i don't agree with the arguments.

We should differentiate between, peolle that have an account and play here, and peolle that don't have an account yet. Registration for new accounts needs to be controlled instead to ensure all those that are in have good conditions.

I gave a lenghty explanation and bowser said he will pass it on to the team and they said they are considering it
I agree with this. Freezing signups is the only fair way. I understand the legacy player point, though. I wouldn't say its completely unearned though. I mean, legacy players did a lot of bug testing, sometimes unintentionally. They also helped spawn new ideas. A lot of them even went on to create and/or fix "must have" add-ons.

Zap331

Post by Zap331 » Mon Sep 18, 2023 5:33 pm

Choosingname wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2023 1:28 pm
Me and my cronies? As if we veteran players have secret cabal meetings where we discuss how to gatekeep this game for ourselves. I won't bother with you anymore, friend. Learn some manners and take your pills.
Oh, he takes offense, my goodness! Should veterans have to take this blatant abuse? Perhaps developers should create a special system for you guys to filter out mildly offensive content, after all that's the least they could do, for your countless contributions of course.

Truth of the matter is you aren't more special than any of the newer players, your contributions most likely started and ended with you logging in at the end of the day, if you so badly want a reward for it I'm sure GM's can facilitate and write you an in-game letter of gratitude in the meantime why don't you stand in the queue with the rest of us, or advocate for change that would affect us all.

Reploidrocsa wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2023 2:52 pm
Zap331 wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2023 9:19 am
Reploidrocsa wrote:

Yes
You can still write coherent sentences, I'm sure you'll be fine.

Akalix
Has liked: 4 times

Post by Akalix » Mon Sep 18, 2023 10:53 pm

Please refer to our queue update found here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9958
Public Relations / Community Manager / Head of Recruitment

Looking to join Turtle? Need media information? Contact me!