new eu server

Slashignore

new eu server

Post by Slashignore » Thu Sep 14, 2023 11:07 am

If you make a fresh eu server please make it fresh.
Let MC and Onyxia be out at launch (and BGs)

Its not fun being a new player to an old server with every content being grinded every week by otherss.
Those people NOT interested in a new server kan stay or start on the old turtle server.

Charanko
Has liked: 7 times

Re: new eu server

Post by Charanko » Thu Sep 14, 2023 11:15 am

fresh starts are not the point of turtle wow...its having a persistent world/ ongoing mmo world feeling and adding to it... next patch there will be new raid... etc
having a fresh world just for the sake of beeing fresh i cant support!...
but...
having a seperate pvp server...now that i could get behind ;))
Last edited by Charanko on Thu Sep 14, 2023 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Orky
Overlord of Orgrimmar ; Sulfuron Champion

Grizb37

Post by Grizb37 » Thu Sep 14, 2023 11:20 am

Fresh is not the philosophy of turtle wow. People with that mentailtiy are ones that blaze through the content fast as possible then cry for another fresh once they're bored.

Turtle wow is about the slow grind to 60 and discovering new things.

Slashignore

Post by Slashignore » Thu Sep 14, 2023 11:41 am

well it could be the point of a new server tho.

Tirias

Post by Tirias » Thu Sep 14, 2023 12:15 pm

Slashignore wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2023 11:07 am
If you make a fresh eu server please make it fresh.
Let MC and Onyxia be out at launch (and BGs)

Its not fun being a new player to an old server with every content being grinded every week by otherss.
Those people NOT interested in a new server kan stay or start on the old turtle server.
From having played on numerous private servers during the years, i have come to the conclussion that the "fresh movement" is a small loud minority of trolls who don't even reach 60, or if they reach 60 quit or level a new character.

I sometimes ask these people why they want a fresh server, on turtle i asked such a person and his reasoning was that people already raided, i then said with the amount of new players who also joined turtle he would not have an issue finding raiding groups as he would be new as many others, not that veteran players mind bringing people to MC in greens anyway but alas.

It turned out later that he does not even enjoy raiding or planned on raiding, and said he only likes to level.

Slashignore you say that it's not fun being a new player on a server where people already raid, how does this affect you? as that person i mentioned earlier also said this, but you have a massive amount of new players who joined the server like you did.

A second question, ofcourse we all know turtle has said they are gona release another EU realm, so you will have your "fresh server", but what's your reasoning for wanting a fresh server Slashignore? genuinly curious if you could elaborate a little further, surely you don't want a wow server to be stuck on mc/onyxia patch which no server will.

Slashignore

Post by Slashignore » Thu Sep 14, 2023 1:16 pm

sometimes its hard to explain WHY .. Why is blue your favorite color and not red. why is red the favorite color and not blue.

I think the reason i prefer a fresh server when i chose to start on a server is i like to be in the same boat as everybody else when new content comes out.
I have also played on private servers for like 10-15 years and i am not a serverjumper.
Perhaps i like to be close to the "frontline" when it comes to gearing i donno. cant really explain.
I just prefer a fresh or as fresh as possible when i start on a server and give full commitment.

Geojak
Has liked: 34 times

Post by Geojak » Thu Sep 14, 2023 1:21 pm

You want fresh bevause you feel like you are behind in progress.

This feeling is irrational. It literally does not matter when there are thousand others just like you freshly joined or starting out making a new guild

Only in battlegrounds you do face t3 peole.
But wow pvp is not balanced anyway nor should it be, for that play league of legends or valorant.

Slashignore

Post by Slashignore » Thu Sep 14, 2023 1:47 pm

Geojak why is your opinion better than mine? I dont ask you to go play another game. Also you still have the old turtle server, how will my suggestion affect you?

Shaman111

Post by Shaman111 » Thu Sep 14, 2023 1:55 pm

Slashignore wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2023 1:47 pm
Geojak why is your opinion better than mine? I dont ask you to go play another game. Also you still have the old turtle server, how will my suggestion affect you?
why do you come play on server whose dev teams ideology is antithesis to "fresh" mindset? because its the new biggest server out there? well tough luck nobody here gives a fuck about "fresh" retards. the few t3 players afking in stormwind dont affect you in the slighest either

Slashignore

Post by Slashignore » Thu Sep 14, 2023 2:01 pm

Shaman111 you seem like a bitter person, why so angry?

Shaman111

Post by Shaman111 » Thu Sep 14, 2023 2:06 pm

why come to a 5 year old server and demand fresh? the "turtle" part of turtlewow should give you a clue
Last edited by Shaman111 on Thu Sep 14, 2023 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Geojak

Post by Geojak » Thu Sep 14, 2023 2:08 pm

He is right thought. Torta said again and again for almost 5 years that they are against fresh. They are force to open new servers now by the massive Chinese population. Doesn't change the mindset of devs

Morphomisc

Post by Morphomisc » Thu Sep 14, 2023 2:13 pm

I don't see the point in wanting fresh when all the content is solved for anyway. Just make a progression guild and don't allow progressed players in.

Grizb37

Post by Grizb37 » Thu Sep 14, 2023 2:14 pm

By not enabling transfers they're essentially making it a 'fresh' server even though all content will be released and AQ gates open.

Phil29

Post by Phil29 » Thu Sep 14, 2023 2:27 pm

It's fun to actually have to progress through the game and not get carried in MC by t3 people etc. The players against fresh content are so bizarre, nobody is forcing you to play on another server. But we're all wow addicts here and once the 2nd server opens, you know you'll be there, abandoning all the time you iNvEsTeD into your other characters haha

Morphomisc

Post by Morphomisc » Thu Sep 14, 2023 2:32 pm

Phil29 wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2023 2:27 pm
It's fun to actually have to progress through the game and not get carried in MC by t3 people etc. The players against fresh content are so bizarre, nobody is forcing you to play on another server. But we're all wow addicts here and once the 2nd server opens, you know you'll be there, abandoning all the time you iNvEsTeD into your other characters haha
This can be achieved by making a guild and not allowing yourself to be carried by players who are geared. It's not like you accidentally end up in a raid being helplessly carried by the t3 player. It's just your mentality, you choose to be boosted because you get upset when you are "behind" in the 20 year old game. Nobody is forcing you to get carried, so bizarre.

Geojak

Post by Geojak » Thu Sep 14, 2023 2:39 pm

Phil29 wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2023 2:27 pm
IF I csn transfer I will to escape queues and[]. Otherwise I stay were I am. Fresh doesn't attract me

I was in a progression guild from February to August and we slowly cleared from aq20 up to cthun. No carrying, just fresh peolle progressing together. You don't have to join a naxx guild even on a 4 ywar old server

Phil29

Post by Phil29 » Fri Sep 15, 2023 4:16 pm

what about for pvp? what solution you have in mind when a fresh player joins the server and don't want to compete against naxx-geared opponents? Are there bgs for undergeared level 60s?

Harkus

Post by Harkus » Fri Sep 15, 2023 9:14 pm

There will be Naxx-geared people in your team too...
Plus what do you suggest? PvP servers just keep resetting so Naxx-geared people can't have an advantage ever...? PvP is not the focus of WoW (that is the levelling), it is not balanced, it never will be...

Ghola

Post by Ghola » Fri Sep 15, 2023 10:00 pm

Guess what, you'll still be behind all the people who have been playing this server for years and know all the custom shit better than you

Crunshy1512

Post by Crunshy1512 » Fri Sep 15, 2023 11:50 pm

New server when?

Crunshy1512

Post by Crunshy1512 » Sat Sep 16, 2023 8:50 am

Bump.

Crunshy1512

Post by Crunshy1512 » Sat Sep 16, 2023 8:54 am

When is it coming out?