Confusion about New Europe Realm

Dannyp92

Re: Confusion about New Europe Realm

Post by Dannyp92 » Wed Sep 13, 2023 3:36 pm

When China sleeps, there are only like 5-6k European/NA players, so I don't see the need for an additional server yet. Instead they should make sure that Chinese players play on the Chinese realms, so we don't get queue problems and server instability.

Lahire

Post by Lahire » Wed Sep 13, 2023 4:10 pm

When the second EU server will be overrunned by chinese, what will we do then ?
Open a third one ?
Then a fourth one ?
Fifth ?

Choose a durable solution. Ban chinese IP from the EU server.
Main: Whitemare

Frantsel
Has liked: 5 times

Post by Frantsel » Wed Sep 13, 2023 10:19 pm

Lahire wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2023 4:10 pm
When the second EU server will be overrunned by chinese, what will we do then ?
Open a third one ?
Then a fourth one ?
Fifth ?

Choose a durable solution. Ban chinese IP from the EU server.
You think citizen living under a communist dicatorship dont know how to use vpn? :)

Tirias

Post by Tirias » Thu Sep 14, 2023 8:19 am

Pepesmite wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2023 11:22 am
Grizb37 wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2023 3:17 pm
Devs: We will make a new European Realm

European Realm Population: 30% European/NA 70% Chinese.

Am I missing something here? What will this acheive? Im so confused.

Devs please answer if you can
Hi!
Where do you get the percentages from ? Did you do the statistics? Can I see it?
I understand your confusion. But I think it's unfounded. I advise you to wait for the announcement regarding EU realm and then make conclusions and predictions. Now you are guessing at the coffee grounds. Believe me, our team sees all developments and we do everything in our power so that you can comfortably play on our servers. I ask you to be patient and do not make hasty conclusions. Thank you for your understanding.
Obviously he can't know, but the topic is interesting nonetheless, what is your estimation?

What can we find out as players, the 8k queue goes to 0 after china hits their 1 am / 01:00 timezone time respective to EU time around what is it about 7 pm / 19:00.

/China is what 10 times faster than /World if you went there?

How far off do you think he is?

Bowser
Has liked: 5 times

Post by Bowser » Thu Sep 14, 2023 8:43 am

Please be friendly to one another, we don't judge anyone on Turtle by their origin or timezone.

The numbers are obviously made up. 65% of our players on our existing English-speaking realm come from the following countries: United States, Germany, United Kingdom, Russia, Sweden, Canada, Spain, South Korea, Australia, France, Poland, Netherlands, Ukraine, Finland, Denmark, Czech Republic, Romania, Bulgaria, Brazil, Norway, Italy, Belarus, Austria, and Hungary.

We expect a significant increase in English-speaking players once we release patch 1.17.0, therefore, we will open a second English-speaking realm.

I will publish some detailed statistics once the queue situation has been fixed.

Approximately 35% of the population, online from 4 AM to 1 PM server time, comes from China, Hong Kong and Singapore. This number will most likely be less than 10% once we disable Hanzi and offer transfers to our SEA realms. Players who do the transfer within the first few days will receive additional rewards.

This thread will be closed because it's essentially a duplicate of the following thread:
viewtopic.php?t=9625