New realms for Asia and Europe, coming soon!

Torta
Has liked: 1 time

New realms for Asia and Europe, coming soon!

Post by Torta » Mon Sep 11, 2023 3:27 pm

Greetings (to yet another update),

The SEA network has gathered way more attention than we initially anticipated. This has lead to the 2 new SEA network realms being fully populated with enormous queues, on top of the already full UK main realm.

Currently we have over 50 000 players playing or queued on both networks. Because of this, transfers from the EU to the SEA network are ill-advised until the SEA network queues are lower. What this will mean for the near future:

Transfers will remain disabled until further notice. They will open once queues have alleviated on the SEA network.

We will do this by :
  • Opening another SEA realm in the coming days. Exact location of the server is yet to be determined. More info on this later.
    Opening another EU realm in the coming weeks. Exact location, date and type of realm will be announced soon.
Thank you for your continued patience and support!

Mickathlon

Re: New realms for Asia and Europe, coming soon!

Post by Mickathlon » Mon Sep 11, 2023 3:47 pm

thankks for updating.
is that possible to open a HC only server in the near future, it's really tired to check if player is HC or not when we group up and hard to get the quest done

Ghola

Post by Ghola » Mon Sep 11, 2023 3:57 pm

Splitting up the English player base is pretty much waving a white flag

Ragingducks

Post by Ragingducks » Mon Sep 11, 2023 4:14 pm

You seem to be making the right decisions.

If a second EU server is created, I would propose for the location to be in Central Europe (Frankfurt or Paris if you use AWS).

Mac

Post by Mac » Mon Sep 11, 2023 4:51 pm

Torta wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2023 3:27 pm

The SEA network has gathered way more attention than we initially anticipated. This has lead to the 2 new SEA network realms being fully populated with enormous queues, on top of the already full UK main realm.

Currently we have over 50 000 players playing or queued on both networks. Because of this, transfers from the EU to the SEA network are ill-advised until the SEA network queues are lower. What this will mean for the near future:

Transfers will remain disabled until further notice. They will open once queues have alleviated on the SEA network.

We will do this by :
  • Opening another SEA realm in the coming days. Exact location of the server is yet to be determined. More info on this later.
    Opening another EU realm in the coming weeks. Exact location, date and type of realm will be announced soon.
Okay. Well, good luck.

Mativh

Post by Mativh » Mon Sep 11, 2023 4:57 pm

If for now there won't be a forced character transfer from the original server to the SEA ones, and geoblocking, then this seems to be indeed the most sensible course of action.

However, to avoid the current situation repeating again; it's neccesary that the new EU realm will be made by basic completely SEA-free.

The shutdown of Chinese servers happening, while Turtle WoW was growing after Warmode, was a very fortunate sequence of events that is providing TWoW with the support it deserves as well as allow more content to be developed/maintained, it just has to be welcomed while simultaneously preserving the spirit of TWoW, which is being done, I don't like how some short-sighted members make very unfair claims, perhaps because I've been here since 2018, I know that it'll be alright.
This is the right way.
Last edited by Mativh on Tue Sep 12, 2023 3:38 pm, edited 12 times in total.
All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

De-standardization of Classes - Immersive Racials [Undead]
My FB

Gnomoerectus

Post by Gnomoerectus » Mon Sep 11, 2023 4:58 pm

Torta wrote:
Unless the type of the EU server is "Regionlocked-no VPN" you're just creating two more chinese servers.

Charanko
Has liked: 7 times

Post by Charanko » Mon Sep 11, 2023 5:03 pm

Make the second eu pvp or hc ty 🫡✌️
Orky
Overlord of Orgrimmar ; Sulfuron Champion

Xerilin
Has liked: 17 times

Post by Xerilin » Mon Sep 11, 2023 5:07 pm

Please make the new EU server a different realm type, don't make two rp-pve realms. Any option you pick will split the community, there is no avoiding that. But I feel another rp-pve server would split the rp community specifically the most. I'm curious, what you come up with.

Gantulga

Post by Gantulga » Mon Sep 11, 2023 5:10 pm

Yeah if you're opening a new EU/US server then make it a PvP one and allow migrations at a much later term.

Moriakgg

Post by Moriakgg » Mon Sep 11, 2023 5:19 pm

Is splitting EU/NA community really necessary?

Why not wait until SEA migrations are in full swing to see if another EU realm is even needed?

Right now there is still a ton of SEA players on EU realm because of issues with SEA realms but once those issues are resolved and SEA players will be able to move to SEA realms permanently the population on EU will drop.
Last edited by Moriakgg on Mon Sep 11, 2023 10:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Nilay

Post by Nilay » Mon Sep 11, 2023 5:59 pm

That, that's the taste of defeat.
I'm really sad that it has come to this point :/
I feel stupid that I have donated money just to see this result. Truly sad.

This server has lost a long time ago his RP charm, now it is flooded and paralysed. At this point, there is no coming back. And I don't even know how you will stop the original problem. We are basically flooded, you are just opening a new lane.
Last edited by Nilay on Wed Sep 13, 2023 4:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
I used to play eagerly here.

Twinking

Post by Twinking » Mon Sep 11, 2023 6:18 pm

Great news, they will create 2 more Chinese servers and they will have 5 Chinese servers... But seriously, we need a hardcore server.

Thecakeisalie

Post by Thecakeisalie » Mon Sep 11, 2023 6:23 pm

New EU realm will not solve anything, launch more SEA servers, preserve the EU one.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=9625
/rant

Hamalam

Post by Hamalam » Mon Sep 11, 2023 6:38 pm

As everyone has already foretold, the Chinese are in massive population and I knew this would not help a single thing. I am glad the TWOW devs tried to help. I think the best suggestion would be to make SEA players UNABLE to join EU realms because it is quite useless as SEA players can't even speak in English. IF we get a second EU realm it should maybe turn into a HC realm specifically. I think that would also make a huge difference as the HC population is growing aswell and it is quite frustrating for normal players, to play and communicate with these types of players. sad_turtle
Greetings from Ham(da)(the)... (warr) (getter) (etc..)

GIT GUD

Gantulga

Post by Gantulga » Mon Sep 11, 2023 6:48 pm

Having a HC only server and removing the HC mode from the base server would help a lot but the staff already said they don't want to do that. I guess they care more about illusory population numbers than server's playability and stability.

Karrados

Post by Karrados » Mon Sep 11, 2023 7:01 pm

Two steps forward one step back.

I know it is difficult to admit defeat but maybe, just maybe, you have to start considering blocking Chinese from accessing the EU Servers.

So what if you will make two more servers with one being EU? If things go as they are going right now then there will be 5 Chinese Servers. They don't mind playing with some ping if that means being able to skip a queue.

You really have to stop trying to make both sides happy and draw a line.

Idontcareatall

Post by Idontcareatall » Mon Sep 11, 2023 7:47 pm

People have told you weeks/months in advance what would happen. I have nothing against SEA/Chinese people, but the game is unplayable as of now for the EU base, and has been for weeks now.

Opening new servers without enforcing a location restriction will just keep filling up the newer servers with more Chinese/SEA players.

I mean, sure, there are VPN and everything, but realistically, thousands of SEA/Chinese people won't be getting a VPN just to play TurtleWoW on EU servers.

Dunno what game you're playing at, but as far we're concerned, we're clearly not playing TurtleWoW simply because we can't access it. We're not talking 5-10min queues, we're talking hours of queues.

Imonobor
Has liked: 5 times

Post by Imonobor » Mon Sep 11, 2023 7:56 pm

+1 for the new EU server to be either HC or PvP (mayber both :D). Let's have some distinction between the two.
Nydas - 60 High Elf Mage (Nordanaar)
Farren - 60 Tauren Shaman (Nordanaar)
Gothric - 23 Human Paladin (Nordanaar)
Markal - 58 Undead Priest (Tel'Abim)

Trangoul

Post by Trangoul » Mon Sep 11, 2023 8:23 pm

Make some distinctions. PvP (there is PvM), SC only/HC only (there is SC+HC), anything. Otherwise you are unnecessarily splitting the community.
Or add new servers for load balancing, but allow free transfers. Or even implement layering (I guess that'd be too difficult technically).

Foobs

Post by Foobs » Mon Sep 11, 2023 8:46 pm

Torta wrote:

We will do this by :
At this point the new expansion is never coming. These issues are not going to be solved simply by doing a little here a little there. And if the new expansion is not going to be released until the que issues are fixed then the new expansion won't be seen until the end of the year minimum. I guess I will try out that new game that just released.
wary_turtle_head I'm just here for the GM's replies--Carry on!!

Beertaster

Post by Beertaster » Mon Sep 11, 2023 9:09 pm

Congratulations on TWoW's new success and popularity. You seem to be handling the extreme growing pains well.

I hope the new server is not PvP. We saw how that happened on Official a PvP server is eventually a single faction server. I'm convinced that all these pro PvP server people are really just gankers hoping beat on unsuspecting solo players as per usual. I'm sure I'll get plenty insincere grand standing on WPvP and I hope devs continue to ignore them.

Panklaza

Post by Panklaza » Mon Sep 11, 2023 9:10 pm

New eu server? Thats really stupid idea unless its hc server

Isvya

Post by Isvya » Mon Sep 11, 2023 9:36 pm

The new eu server will just attract even more ppl not only from china but i imagine a fresh twow would interest thousands of eu playera too.

+ As said above nothing will stop SEA players to just flood that server aswell if it means less/no queue for them.

So yeah unless it is going to be a HC server it really wont solve anything, more like its just gonna get worse due to the high interest. (And if its a pvp server then game over, i guarantee you that its gonna have 10k queue on day 1)

Zulnam
Has liked: 8 times

Post by Zulnam » Mon Sep 11, 2023 10:13 pm

50k, jesus.

You will attract big fish with these numbers. Scared of what that might imply.

And if this goes down because of China...

Skumbanana

Post by Skumbanana » Mon Sep 11, 2023 10:28 pm

Honest question: why were new account registrations permitted in the new SEA servers? Why not just limit the SEA servers in the first few days/weeks to transfers from EU server? All of this is beyond my understanding, truly

Jammyxx

Post by Jammyxx » Mon Sep 11, 2023 11:21 pm

Why would you create a new EU sever when in EU peak time there's 8000 players online. The Chinese are the problem not the Europe /na players /facepalm

Skumbanana

Post by Skumbanana » Mon Sep 11, 2023 11:27 pm

Skumbanana wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2023 10:28 pm
Honest question: why were new account registrations permitted in the new SEA servers? Why not just limit the SEA servers in the first few days/weeks to transfers from EU server? All of this is beyond my understanding, truly
A member of your team in Discord replied this wouldn't work because new players would just register on the EU server. Well, instead of creating more servers, why not close new account registrations all together (EU and SEA) for a few days or weeks, while server population stabilizes via transfers? I don't want to sound self-entitled, you doing great work, but I'm just trying to understand the reasoning behind this. Why allow new accounts while you can't even provide to the existing ones?... dead_turtle_head

Jammyxx

Post by Jammyxx » Mon Sep 11, 2023 11:44 pm

Skumbanana wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2023 11:27 pm
Skumbanana wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2023 10:28 pm
A member of your team in Discord replied this wouldn't work because new players would just register on the EU server. Well, instead of creating more servers, why not close new account registrations all together (EU and SEA) for a few days or weeks, while server population stabilizes via transfers? I don't want to sound self-entitled, you doing great work, but I'm just trying to understand the reasoning behind this. Why allow new accounts while you can't even provide to the existing ones?... dead_turtle_head
More money from donations. Greed is the end of most good things.

Whalemilk

Post by Whalemilk » Tue Sep 12, 2023 12:10 am

The problem with Chinese gaming is that there mindset is different. They tend to be okay with pay-to-win and gold selling. That and the fact we can't communicate is very frustrating.

If TurtleWoW can block Chinese access and maybe provide some form of pay-to-win on their servers... I'm sure EU servers will be good to go.

Plus TurtleWoW could make a pretty penny on some form of pay-to-win on the SEA servers.

Bender08

Post by Bender08 » Tue Sep 12, 2023 12:50 am

Whalemilk wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2023 12:10 am
The problem with Chinese gaming is that there mindset is different. They tend to be okay with pay-to-win and gold selling. That and the fact we can't communicate is very frustrating.

If TurtleWoW can block Chinese access and maybe provide some form of pay-to-win on their servers... I'm sure EU servers will be good to go.

Plus TurtleWoW could make a pretty penny on some form of pay-to-win on the SEA servers.
Its not true, china players hate RMT either.

Shaman111

Post by Shaman111 » Tue Sep 12, 2023 12:54 am

Bender08 wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2023 12:50 am
Whalemilk wrote:

must be why they rush to buy every mount, illusion and summonable npc from the cash shop

Kremmen

Post by Kremmen » Tue Sep 12, 2023 1:14 am

I bet you could alleviate a lot of the strain on the main server simply by making it HC exclusive and migrating every HC character over. I swear starter zones have more hardcore players than normal players.
Plaidskull - Undead Warrior
<TurtleHeads>
Progression/ guild based in the Oceanic region
Times: Monday/Saturday 7:45pm AEST (9:45am Server Time), Sunday fun/progression events 8pm AEST (10am Server Time).
https://discord.gg/gBcH9sG75n

Keyeokeyeo1

Post by Keyeokeyeo1 » Tue Sep 12, 2023 1:17 am

the real problem is BLZ shutting down Chinese server and there is a huge game population trying to find a wow place.

It's all Turtle team's decision that if you want to be the replacement of CLOSED BLZ service.
if yes, then because the huge population of China, that's an indeed challenge too. You has to face it and solve it.
if no, the well just ban all Chinse IPs and everything sovled.

Kremmen

Post by Kremmen » Tue Sep 12, 2023 1:24 am

Bender08 wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2023 12:50 am
Whalemilk wrote:

It's more like a relative minority of them hates RMT and chooses to play on European servers to escape it, but what happens when the majority who doesn't care about the integrity of the game follows them over? Look at the help & support forum after a banwave for your answer; you'll find post after post made by genuinely confused Chinese players asking why their account was "frozen".
Plaidskull - Undead Warrior
<TurtleHeads>
Progression/ guild based in the Oceanic region
Times: Monday/Saturday 7:45pm AEST (9:45am Server Time), Sunday fun/progression events 8pm AEST (10am Server Time).
https://discord.gg/gBcH9sG75n