Warrior improved overpower?

Uni123

Warrior improved overpower?

Post by Uni123 » Sat Jun 10, 2023 7:01 pm

So i just got lvl 41 and got 2 points in improved overpower. I dont understand why is nobody talking about this , but maybe this is just my instance that im experiencing a bug or something , but improved overpower doesnt seem to do anything . Its clearly non functional or atleast its doing half of what its supposed to do , aka 50% crit. I did so many overpower hits and i think i crit on maybe about 15% of the time , probably just as much as mortal strike. When turning to world chat , everybody just seems to defend turtle wow saying how it is working and that im being crazy. Ive played on multiple private servers , played on blizzard classic . This talent is NOT functional , atleast for me , i will try later to reset my talents and see again , but i dont see how that would fix anything . Your thoughts?

Redmagejoe

Re: Warrior improved overpower?

Post by Redmagejoe » Sat Jun 10, 2023 7:18 pm

Anecdotal evidence means nothing. If you really want to test this properly, do a proper experiment where you're tracking the exact number used on the exact same target of the exact same level, and record the number of crits. A sample size no smaller than 100 is necessary. Many people have done this on similar issues before and, with this hard evidence, gotten these identified as actual bugs and had fixes made for them.

Uni123

Post by Uni123 » Sun Jun 11, 2023 9:49 am

You are correct , i started logging now how many hits are crits and vice versa. i Will post here after im done. I think there is definitely an increase of crit but it didnt seem like much , further testing will show me the true answer

Uni123

Post by Uni123 » Sun Jun 11, 2023 1:32 pm

Redmagejoe wrote:
Sat Jun 10, 2023 7:18 pm
Anecdotal evidence means nothing. If you really want to test this properly, do a proper experiment where you're tracking the exact number used on the exact same target of the exact same level, and record the number of crits. A sample size no smaller than 100 is necessary. Many people have done this on similar issues before and, with this hard evidence, gotten these identified as actual bugs and had fixes made for them.
Yes so actually i did the calculation and it turns out that i was wrong , the talent was fine , but i could have sworn when i first got the talent there were no crits at all . Maybe the relog fixed it or something , but now i got about 60% or 65% crit chance out of 50 hits , so that sounds about right. 50% crit from talent and about 17% crit from my gear , yeah pretty spot on.

Roflstoffl

Post by Roflstoffl » Thu Sep 07, 2023 5:56 am

I wish all people would falsify their wrong assumptions/beliefs/biases with simple science like you! <3

Bigsmerf

Post by Bigsmerf » Thu Sep 07, 2023 12:08 pm

Actually putting effort into learning the statistics instead of being stubborn and defensive is strangely mature. Props my guy.
Elmhoof - 60 Feral, between tanking/dps (Main)
Anbone 34 Shadow Priest (Planned secondary main)
Manypunchman - 10 Naked Troll Boxer (Hardcore)

I'm back! More or less...