Benediction Quest and Lack of Priests

Ogbees

Benediction Quest and Lack of Priests

Post by Ogbees » Wed Feb 01, 2023 4:52 am

I want to start by saying I'm a big fan of what this server has been able to accomplish, and the attitude that the devs have taken toward interaction with the community. That being said, I have noticed a deviation in the way that this iconic Priest quest has been handled by the GMs.

As a tank and newer player, I'm concerned that this is contributing to the reason why our server has a lack of priests, and in turn, healers. I watched multiple people try to complete the quest last night, spending hundreds of gold on flasks and consumes, and not be able to complete it the way the patch notes say it should be handled. I was able to watch as the bugged out mobs cluster together and path incorrectly into the hillsides, making it almost impossible to heal them. I watched the Cleaner not reacting the way it said in the patch notes, and I watched the player's moods diminish as the night progressed.

We're now looking at multiple level 60 active priests who are so disheartened that they're actually entertaining the idea of quitting the server based on the way that the situation has been handled due to the new patch notes not being accurate, and the fact that they're now at less than 10g because of the flasks and consumes they purchased to repeat the bugged encounter over and over.

I can't imagine spending tens of hours on a quest, spending hundreds of gold on consumes, and just being left with frustration and dismissed by the GMs. It turned something that should have been a highly anticipated event into a slog that makes them not want to play anymore.

I really want to see this community thrive, as I've been loving the server so far, but this has been a departure from what I thought was such a great way that the community and the developers interacted. Has anyone else had a similar experience with this quest, or have any suggestions on how to approach this issue going forward?

Valadorn

Re: Benediction Quest and Lack of Priests

Post by Valadorn » Wed Feb 01, 2023 6:50 am

The quest works, just did it yesterday, the problem may have been with multiple priests+ you and who knows who else there at the same time. The quest is solo, anything else triggers the cleaner, even if you only want to watch.

Zulnam

Post by Zulnam » Wed Feb 01, 2023 7:44 am

As I remember from classic you could be there and watch as a passive support as long as you didn't interact with any of the quest mobs or the player doing the quest. I remember I helped a priest on my druid back in 2020.

Maybe it's a twow change? No voyeurs?

Ovaron

Post by Ovaron » Wed Feb 01, 2023 9:09 am

I watched the rant in support channel yesterday about this quest. Myself did this quest on twow too, for the first time ever.
What is correct, every video I watched was full of cheese. Ppl standing beside the cave or even a tank in front.
So we tried this too. Cleaner spawns, me dead, reset. Gave it another shot with some adjustments, cleaner spawns, me dead, reset.
After this I knew this isnt going to work here with exploit. So I did it on my own. Did some failes tho and had another char standby to reset the event by stepping in.

Finally I got it done, on my own, without cheese. This feeling was quiet good.
And then I saw the rant in discord about this. Dont know what the heck you tried there ...

Ogbees

Post by Ogbees » Wed Feb 01, 2023 8:13 pm

The patch notes as on the 29th state that the cleaner is not supposed to trigger unless someone moves. it is not working that way.

Gurky

Post by Gurky » Thu Feb 02, 2023 4:31 pm

Classic Cheese doesn't work in 1.12.1 this quest is meant to do Solo.

Direwulf77

Post by Direwulf77 » Thu Aug 03, 2023 4:58 am

I spent 10 hours today attempting to complete this quest. Before anyone says to get good, I suggest attempting this buggy broken mess for yourself (all this before I even begin to mention the griefing or plain incompetence I've experienced). I enjoy a challenge, and tend to solo end game content for such a challenge (on my paladin). A challenge should not be because of changes made to an already difficult quest, or bugs that have resulted from those changes. While I may have been experiencing pfUI nameplate bugs (mobs health #s constantly changing on me, and diseases appearing and disappearing at random), I feel that the mobs themselves are not acting properly. On more than one occassion I had mobs spawn taking dmg before being hit by arrows, and having diseases on all or most of the mobs as they spawned. An impossible task to heal that kind of dmg on top of incoming dmg and diseases.

I helped two groups complete the quest and it would not complete for me. On one of those successful attempts, a hunter redirected non quest mobs from below the quest area on to me, which knocked me out of the area (thankfully not spawning the cleaner). Both priests in party were able to complete the quest and I had an option to turn in, but it would not complete for myself. On another attempt, a hunter (again) came running through with a group of mobs in tow, and caused me to fail, forcing another 2 hour wait. On more than one attempt I have been forced to group with non English speakers who do not understand the quest, causing a wipe, and another 2 hour wait. I could write at least two more paragraphs about the griefs that I've experienced in my many attempts, but I think we get the point.

These are not fun and meaningful changes to a quest that didn't need it. If those changes cause these kinds of issues, I see absolutely no reason to keep those changes. If they are causing bugs and opportunities for people to wipe priests (attempting to do their best to improve their character, and the teams they wish to heal), get rid of it. For those shills of TWoW, please recognize the problems this server has, and the problems the devs themselves create and refuse to acknowledge. Nothing in life is perfect and we should recognize the flaws in the things we care about, in order to improve them.

I am out hundreds of gold from consumes and mats for the quest, not to mention lost hours spent waiting for the quest giver to respawn. As both a priest healer main, and a paladin tank; I don't think I can continue to play on a server where obvious and continuous problems continue to persist. For those that say "good riddance" please remember that when you're waiting in LFT for a tank or a healer. There are many silent players that choose to leave rather than express their discontent. As a community we should support each other, instead of blindly shilling for devs that don't listen to the people that support the server.

Xerilin

Post by Xerilin » Thu Aug 03, 2023 5:30 am

Direwulf77 wrote:
Thu Aug 03, 2023 4:58 am
I spent 10 hours today attempting to complete this quest. Before anyone says to get good, I suggest attempting this buggy broken mess for yourself (all this before I even begin to mention the griefing or plain incompetence I've experienced). I enjoy a challenge, and tend to solo end game content for such a challenge (on my paladin). A challenge should not be because of changes made to an already difficult quest, or bugs that have resulted from those changes. While I may have been experiencing pfUI nameplate bugs (mobs health #s constantly changing on me, and diseases appearing and disappearing at random), I feel that the mobs themselves are not acting properly. On more than one occassion I had mobs spawn taking dmg before being hit by arrows, and having diseases on all or most of the mobs as they spawned. An impossible task to heal that kind of dmg on top of incoming dmg and diseases.

I helped two groups complete the quest and it would not complete for me. On one of those successful attempts, a hunter redirected non quest mobs from below the quest area on to me, which knocked me out of the area (thankfully not spawning the cleaner). Both priests in party were able to complete the quest and I had an option to turn in, but it would not complete for myself. On another attempt, a hunter (again) came running through with a group of mobs in tow, and caused me to fail, forcing another 2 hour wait. On more than one attempt I have been forced to group with non English speakers who do not understand the quest, causing a wipe, and another 2 hour wait. I could write at least two more paragraphs about the griefs that I've experienced in my many attempts, but I think we get the point.

These are not fun and meaningful changes to a quest that didn't need it. If those changes cause these kinds of issues, I see absolutely no reason to keep those changes. If they are causing bugs and opportunities for people to wipe priests (attempting to do their best to improve their character, and the teams they wish to heal), get rid of it. For those shills of TWoW, please recognize the problems this server has, and the problems the devs themselves create and refuse to acknowledge. Nothing in life is perfect and we should recognize the flaws in the things we care about, in order to improve them.

I am out hundreds of gold from consumes and mats for the quest, not to mention lost hours spent waiting for the quest giver to respawn. As both a priest healer main, and a paladin tank; I don't think I can continue to play on a server where obvious and continuous problems continue to persist. For those that say "good riddance" please remember that when you're waiting in LFT for a tank or a healer. There are many silent players that choose to leave rather than express their discontent. As a community we should support each other, instead of blindly shilling for devs that don't listen to the people that support the server.
Just a side note, but report the hunters griefing the quest. "Interfering with any player trying to complete The Balance of Light and Dark or the Stave of the Ancients quest chain." is explicitly forbidden by griefing rules.

Ibux
Has liked: 2 times

Post by Ibux » Thu Aug 03, 2023 7:01 am

it's a easy quest to do. you just need more practise. i would recommend you to practise without spending gold on cons, or only use the cheaper cons until you get experienced enough to do it. if pfui nameplates is having issues then try without the pfui nameplates.

Raxk

Post by Raxk » Thu Aug 31, 2023 12:03 am

Just got into an argument with a guy, and know i realize i might have been harsh on him...

So this guy is there for hours, i go with my priest, see that the npc is not there, logoff/login with several hours of in-between.

See the same guy there again, i ask him what's happening, he says he keeps failing but its never gonna stop trying and will be there for hours and days. I Warned him that i all report him for griefing if we continues doing this for multiple days. Although sounds rough, i don't think the attitude of "i'll keep doing the same thing over and over and fuck all the rest" to be adequate. SIMPLY BECAUSE all the rest of the server can't do the quest until this guy completes it!

IF you can't do it, go read tactics, go buy consumables, ask for help and then try again. The npc is on 2 hour respawn and im feelings its going to be impossible to even try the quest at this point! Atleast make the NPC respawn time 5 mins or something in between tries. If i fail my first try, i will not try again without changing my tactic completely.

Ibux
Has liked: 2 times

Post by Ibux » Thu Aug 31, 2023 3:18 am

Raxk wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2023 12:03 am
Just got into an argument with a guy, and know i realize i might have been harsh on him...

So this guy is there for hours, i go with my priest, see that the npc is not there, logoff/login with several hours of in-between.

See the same guy there again, i ask him what's happening, he says he keeps failing but its never gonna stop trying and will be there for hours and days. I Warned him that i all report him for griefing if we continues doing this for multiple days. Although sounds rough, i don't think the attitude of "i'll keep doing the same thing over and over and fuck all the rest" to be adequate. SIMPLY BECAUSE all the rest of the server can't do the quest until this guy completes it!

IF you can't do it, go read tactics, go buy consumables, ask for help and then try again. The npc is on 2 hour respawn and im feelings its going to be impossible to even try the quest at this point! Atleast make the NPC respawn time 5 mins or something in between tries. If i fail my first try, i will not try again without changing my tactic completely.
another option is to give a 2 hour lockout timer on players who failed the quest so they have to wait. and let the npc only have a few min re-spawn time. so others can try to complete the quest.

Raxk

Post by Raxk » Thu Aug 31, 2023 6:22 am

At this point i would accept anything the Twow Dev team provides, i logged in again, still no NPC.... it's getting beyond frustrating.

The quest had ben partially nerf in OG classic and the respawn time lowered, i think Twow has none of this "fixes" and with the current population, makes this quest impossible to even try for people that don't camp the NPC.