Report Against Player "Folby"

P1nznneedlz

Report Against Player "Folby"

Post by P1nznneedlz » Tue Aug 29, 2023 11:32 pm

I'm not entirely sure if this is against the rules, but I deem this to be pretty scumbaggish behaviour. This guy has consciously robbed me of all my gold and being new to the server this is the first negative thing someone has done intentionally to me.

I was shouting in Orgrimmar if anyone had a tent and that I would pay. Folby whispered me asking where. He put down the tent and I opened a trade window, meaning to pay him 15 silver. I accidentally put the characters 15 in the gold field and traded, which he accepted and immediately ran off with. In the same instant, I whispered him telling him that it was a mistake. He didn't reply and flagged himself AFK initially, so I informed his guild members.

He then started replying that 15 gold was the price he charged for a tent. If you look at the screenshots below, you can see him express his surprise at receiving the 15 gold by saying "woah". Why would he be surprised if this was his fixed fee for a tent? And I think we can all agree 15 gold for a tent is beyond ridiculous...

I basically begged this guy for my gold back because I now have 1 gold and spent 3 days fishing to the gold I have. He is a level 60 character and to do this to a new person is pretty messed up. I would greatly appreciate it if it could be considered that my gold is returned, I understand it was my mistake, but I made that clear immediately it was a mistake. He is clearly an opportunist who doesn't mind violating new players. I have screenshots which are all below.

(In the event nothing happens, at least everyone can see what what a low-life this guy is.)

Last edited by P1nznneedlz on Tue Aug 29, 2023 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

P1nznneedlz

Re: Report Against Player "Folby"

Post by P1nznneedlz » Tue Aug 29, 2023 11:37 pm

Bigsmerf

Post by Bigsmerf » Wed Aug 30, 2023 12:09 am

15 gold coming through mail now. No need to thank me.
Elmhoof - 60 Feral, between tanking/dps (Main)
Anbone 34 Shadow Priest (Planned secondary main)
Manypunchman - 10 Naked Troll Boxer (Hardcore)

I'm back! More or less...

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Wed Aug 30, 2023 12:32 am

Bigsmerf wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2023 12:09 am
Turkish Assassin for Folby coming through mail now. No need to thank me.

Xerilin
Has liked: 17 times

Post by Xerilin » Wed Aug 30, 2023 12:45 am

If you want to report somebody, you have to make a ticket in game. https://turtle-wow.org/#/rules#behavior-reports

Foobs

Post by Foobs » Wed Aug 30, 2023 12:54 am

The worst in people come out when they think they can get away with it.

Bigsmerf wrote:
But thankfully the best in people do too!! turtle_in_love_head
wary_turtle_head I'm just here for the GM's replies--Carry on!!

Darktifa

Post by Darktifa » Wed Aug 30, 2023 5:58 am

Unethical sure
Against the rules, nope

You made a mistake, he didn't scam u
Be more cautious with your transactions from now on, whether it's in a game or in real life...
Czasku wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:31 pm
After Reading Turtle WoW's forum i understood why Blizzard stopped responding on their own forum topics.

P1nznneedlz

Post by P1nznneedlz » Wed Aug 30, 2023 6:59 am

Darktifa wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2023 5:58 am
Unethical sure
Against the rules, nope

You made a mistake, he didn't scam u
Be more cautious with your transactions from now on, whether it's in a game or in real life...
… Behave yourself fella, don’t try and and make relevance between some broke little bitch capitalising on an opportunity to steal a low level player’s gold on an MMORPG and my financial security in real life. It’s ridiculous and I dunno who you think you are. If you’re trying to backseat moderate because you plan to fill out a GM application, at least type full words and don’t come across as so patronising. Reading your post felt like I was being given life advice by a little boy.

Can’t help but think you’re trying to defend this guy’s behaviour as well which should demonstrate to people reading this about the content of your character. Yes, I made a mistake, if you read my original post you’ll see that I’m aware of that, admit to it, even admitted to the guy who took my gold. The fact he knew it was a mistake and didn’t feel the right thing to do was give it back makes him a prick and I think most people I’ve spoke to are on universal agreement on that except you. But there’s always one, isn’t there?
Bigsmerf wrote:
Man this is awesome, loved the subject of the message by the way and really appreciate the gold. Instantly restored my faith in the Turtle WoW community and shows the good far outweighs the bad; thanks Bigsmerf!
Xerilin wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2023 12:45 am
If you want to report somebody, you have to make a ticket in game. https://turtle-wow.org/#/rules#behavior-reports
Thanks again, aspiring GM number two. I did indeed report him using the ticket function in game. It was the first thing I did. Within 5 minutes I got a response that the GMs were “sorry” I was “being harassed” and that I should “use /ignore to stop the harassment continuing.” Either whoever read the ticket severely misunderstood what they were reading or they didn’t read it/used a generic automatic response. So seeing as the response was a straight copy pasta that didn’t answer anything I asked or reported in the ticket, I decided to come to the forum with screenshot evidence.

Not only that, but you can’t type an awful lot using the ticket function. I wouldn’t have been able to upload these screenshots, and the ability to type about what had happened would be impacted too. But again, thanks for the advice, but I was a step ahead of you already. Forums are the last resort, thanks!