Exalted Reputation Items - Undercity/Others

Etarpylon

Exalted Reputation Items - Undercity/Others

Post by Etarpylon » Thu Feb 02, 2023 1:42 am

I'm a bit of an eccentric player who was interested in farming reputation for Undercity out of a desire to do some funny roleplaying where "Exalted with Undercity" was a goal. While working on that goal, I studied your guys' Reputation items for all the different Horde/Horde Forces, and... I wanted to propose some items which I think may amuse you. I worked on a couple of them via the Item Creator function, but... I ran into some limitations:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... TMGz1L.png

Namely: I wanted to make one item which required "Undercity - Exalted" AND "Cenarion Circle - Friendly" which would be designed around Druids (who can get Cenarion Circle - Friendly while levelling, their Class Quests alone do the trick), especially Feral and Balance Druids who might have difficulty getting pre-Naxx/pre-AQ40/pre-Scarlet Citadel gear. My goal was to try and create Tier 1.75 Exalted gear for all the reputations, but I wanted to start with Undercity since it's my favourite out of all the factions.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... /image.png

I had trouble designing this item using the "Item Creator" so I'll just write down what stats I had planned for Foxton's Lok'vanod Vinyl:

200 Armour
+5 Fire Resistance
+5 Nature Resistance
+5 Frost Resistance
+5 Shadow Resistance
+30 Arcane Resistance
Equip: Increases damage done by magical spells and effects up to 35.
Equip: Increases Defense +5.
Equip: Restores 10 mana per second.
Equip: Restores 3 health per second.

This item was designed to be "Undercity - Exalted" AND "Orgrimmar - Honoured," which means at least some legwork would begin before this trinket I kind of designed to be for Shamans, Mages, and Warlocks (Enhancement Shaman, Frost Mages, and Affliction Warlocks could use this thing) could be used. I don't quite know if I've got the concept hammered down all the way, but I wanted to show my progress so far while I interact with the Item Calculator a bit more thoroughly.

I also wanted to query what thoughts the devs might have about multiple faction requirements being involved for these Tier 1.75 items. Is this possible in the game currently? Or would it be too much of a hassle?

Either way, I had plans to help make some Exalted gear for everybody which would help with the underpowered specs. I like item design but I will definitely resume "lurkmore" for the time being. I don't know if these two items are any good or if I overtuned them.

Etarpylon

Re: Exalted Reputation Items - Undercity/Others

Post by Etarpylon » Thu Feb 02, 2023 6:06 pm

I tried to make a "Stonard Axe of the Laughing Skull" as a reward for "Orgrimmar - Exalted." This came up in the Warrior discussion on Discord, because optimizing for Axe Specialization and Orc Warriors was difficult. So, I tried to make an item with that in mind while keeping it at Tier 1.75.

Stonard Axe of the Laughing Skull
Two-Hand Axe
200-299 Damage (Speed 3.40)
73.4 damage per second
+20 Strength
+20 Stamina
+10 Shadow Resistance
Equip: Increases your chance to critically strike by 1%.
Requires Orgrimmar - Exalted
Last edited by Etarpylon on Fri Feb 03, 2023 7:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Etarpylon

Post by Etarpylon » Fri Feb 03, 2023 5:19 am

"Anetheron's Wings" is a reference to the Battle for Mount Hyjal. I don't know whether it makes for a good "Orgrimmar - Exalted" item, a good "Undercity - Exalted" item, or both. However, I did want to throw a bone for Shadow Priests and Warlocks (the latter of whom is the second worst class in all of Turtle; the first worst is Shaman!) and Undercity would ideally be rep they'd farm for wings plucked off a dead Dreadlord.

(I'm still struggling with the Item Creator, otherwise this piece WOULD have spell power of some stripe connected to Shadow damage)

Anetheron's Wings
Shoulder Cloth
78 Armor
+22 Stamina
+25 Intellect
+4 Spirit
+12 Shadow Resistance
Equip: Increases damage done with Shadow spells by 37.

Etarpylon

Post by Etarpylon » Fri Feb 03, 2023 7:53 am

Edited items with the stats I would ideally put on them, and I can hereby confirm I've given up on using the Item Creator program entirely. I will be typing these up manually in forum post from now on.

Etarpylon

Post by Etarpylon » Fri Feb 03, 2023 5:20 pm

Fishbringer
Two-Hand Fishing Pole
223-372 Damage (Speed 3.7)
+ 1-5 Holy Damage
(80.4 Damage per second)
+20 Strength
+10 Stamina
+10 Intellect
Chance on hit: Stuns all enemies around you for 3 seconds.

An attempt was made to make a powerful Retadin item. I would want this item to be usable not only for Retribution Paladins (so they're not stuck with Blackblade of Shahram - while Blackblade of Shahram is cool, it is also a meme item with a hilariously low drop rate and can be phased out with something of equal value or with Sulfuras, Hand of Ragnaros... which is what this item intends to be on-par with, too.

Ideally, this would be a reputation reward for both "Ironforge - Exalted" and "Orgrimmar - Exalted." Enhancement Shamans should also get the chance to use this item, as they are the worst class in Vanilla by leaps and bounds. However, this was originally intended to be an Alliance-only item since I was trying to make an item for Paladins.

EDIT: "Stormwind - Exalted" and "Darkspear Trolls - Exalted," respectively, instead.

Karrados

Post by Karrados » Sat Feb 04, 2023 10:31 pm

Yeah that's a big fucking no on the Fishbringer. Paladins are already pure cancer when it comes to PVP and now you would give them an AoE Stun that they could easily trigger with their new Judgement of the Crusader.

Sinrek
Has liked: 6 times

Post by Sinrek » Sat Feb 04, 2023 10:54 pm

Items with no durability, disenchating info and sell price are a big no anyway.
satisfied_turtle Slowly turtling my way up.

Etarpylon

Post by Etarpylon » Sun Feb 05, 2023 4:43 am

Sinrek wrote:
Sat Feb 04, 2023 10:54 pm
I wish I understood the Item Creator enough to make durability/disenchanting info a consistent thing for all of them.
Karrados wrote:
Sat Feb 04, 2023 10:31 pm
Yeah that's a big fucking no on the Fishbringer. Paladins are already pure cancer when it comes to PVP and now you would give them an AoE Stun that they could easily trigger with their new Judgement of the Crusader.
I will concede to trying too hard to make Fishbringer competitive with Blackblade of Shahram and Sulfuras, Hand of Ragnaros. I can try to construct a better Equip modifier to make it different from Shahram in such a way it's a more distinctive item.

The question is "what would be a good proc to make the meme Fishing Pole item unique and still usable?"

Mac

Post by Mac » Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:06 am

Sinrek wrote:
Those seem like relatively minor problems that could be easily fixed before the ideas are ever even close to being implemented in game rather than a big no.

Sinrek

Post by Sinrek » Sun Feb 05, 2023 11:17 pm

Mac wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:06 am
Sinrek wrote:
Those seem like relatively minor problems that could be easily fixed before the ideas are ever even close to being implemented in game rather than a big no.
That's the first step. The second one would be a proper source for this item to actually exist. Questline, reward, crafting it or assembling one from parts across either professions or the world itself.

Shortly saying; before you jump into epic items mad printing - go and make a dull blade.

Mac

Post by Mac » Mon Feb 06, 2023 1:11 am

Sinrek wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 11:17 pm
That's the first step. The second one would be a proper source for this item to actually exist. Questline, reward, crafting it or assembling one from parts across either professions or the world itself.

Shortly saying; before you jump into epic items mad printing - go and make a dull blade.
If someone wants to just make items I don’t see the problem with that. Sounds like good fun to me. This server made an item creator so that people could make items and post them here after all.

Sinrek

Post by Sinrek » Mon Aug 14, 2023 12:21 am

Mac wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 1:11 am
Sinrek wrote:

If someone wants to just make items I don’t see the problem with that. Sounds like good fun to me. This server made an item creator so that people could make items and post them here after all.
Creating an item isn't hard. Creating an item with at least some background is hard. Do you know the difference? neutral_turtle

Mac

Post by Mac » Mon Aug 14, 2023 12:27 am

Sinrek wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2023 12:21 am
Mac wrote:
Sinrek wrote:

Creating an item isn't hard. Creating an item with at least some background is hard. Do you know the difference? neutral_turtle
Feel free to explain in length.

Sinrek

Post by Sinrek » Mon Aug 14, 2023 12:35 am

Mac wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2023 12:27 am
Sinrek wrote:
Mac wrote:

Frankly speaking, I was expecting to hear the answer with your own explanations on the matter. I'm sure you are not one of those who have no ideas of his own, eh? sad_turtle

Mac

Post by Mac » Mon Aug 14, 2023 12:36 am

Sinrek wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2023 12:35 am
Mac wrote:
Sinrek wrote:

Frankly speaking, I was expecting to hear the answer with your own explanations on the matter. I'm sure you are not one of those who have no ideas of his own, eh? sad_turtle
Why would I explain your words for you?

Sinrek

Post by Sinrek » Mon Aug 14, 2023 10:04 pm

Mac wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2023 12:36 am
Sinrek wrote:
Mac wrote:

Why not? You claim to know there're no big problems for items with no durability, no disenchanting and so on … doesn't that imply you have a greater understanding of ideas other people have and hence you asking me the reason for what you did this entire topic? Strange, strange … scared_turtle

Mac

Post by Mac » Tue Aug 15, 2023 2:17 am

Sinrek wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2023 10:04 pm
Mac wrote:
Sinrek wrote:

Why not? You claim to know there're no big problems for items with no durability, no disenchanting and so on … doesn't that imply you have a greater understanding of ideas other people have and hence you asking me the reason for what you did this entire topic? Strange, strange … scared_turtle
Because they’re your words, not mine.

And what’s the issue? They’re items that were posted on the forum. They aren’t in-game. There’s no harm in someone making items and posting them to the forum.

Sinrek

Post by Sinrek » Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:10 pm

Mac wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2023 2:17 am
Sinrek wrote:
Mac wrote:

And what’s the issue? They’re items that were posted on the forum. They aren’t in-game. There’s no harm in someone making items and posting them to the forum.
The issue is people who tend to sneeze on the instructions and guidelines, never look for what was before the changes and just without question or any second thought gleefully jump right up to the "best part" they believe nobody else but them ever thought about instead of starting with the most simple and easy things to understand how it all works.

Mac

Post by Mac » Tue Aug 15, 2023 5:57 pm

Sinrek wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:10 pm
Mac wrote:
Sinrek wrote:

The issue is people who tend to sneeze on the instructions and guidelines, never look for what was before the changes and just without question or any second thought gleefully jump right up to the "best part" they believe nobody else but them ever thought about instead of starting with the most simple and easy things to understand how it all works.
So what? No harm done.

Sinrek

Post by Sinrek » Tue Aug 15, 2023 8:20 pm

Mac wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2023 5:57 pm
Sinrek wrote:
Mac wrote:

So what? No harm done.
Baffling you decided to pull this string instead of actually giving it a pause and think through. Not surprising though…
Ever heard of the saying "Assumption is the mother of all f**kups"?

Mac

Post by Mac » Wed Aug 16, 2023 12:52 am

Sinrek wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2023 8:20 pm
Mac wrote:
Sinrek wrote:

So what? No harm done.
Baffling you decided to pull this string instead of actually giving it a pause and think through. Not surprising though…
You don’t want me to make assumptions and yet you also want me to not ask you questions and instead want me to explain your own words for you which would require me to make assumptions?

Are you okay?

Sinrek

Post by Sinrek » Thu Aug 17, 2023 10:25 pm

Mac wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2023 12:52 am
Sinrek wrote:
Mac wrote:

So what? No harm done.
You don’t want me to make assumptions and yet you also want me to not ask you questions and instead want me to explain your own words for you which would require me to make assumptions?

Are you okay?
So you want half-assed unbalanced items posted here, so everyone else would assume it's ok to post this quality of work and you don't see any harm in it?

Are you ok? dead_turtle_head

Mac

Post by Mac » Fri Aug 18, 2023 12:10 am

Sinrek wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2023 10:25 pm
Mac wrote:
Sinrek wrote:

Are you okay?
So you want half-assed unbalanced items posted here, so everyone else would assume it's ok to post this quality of work and you don't see any harm in it?

It doesn’t bother me at all. Why would it bother you?

Sinrek

Post by Sinrek » Fri Aug 18, 2023 1:41 am

Mac wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2023 12:10 am
Sinrek wrote:
Mac wrote:

Are you okay?

Perhaps the same reason why the team keeps pushing those fixes each week. The next move will be you coming back and asking for the item to be fixed since there's no durability, disenchantment ID, unenchantable, unrepairable or just plain stupid useless on its level. There already were tons of cases like this. That's why they have more than just 1 Dragunovi now. angry_turtle

Mac

Post by Mac » Fri Aug 18, 2023 2:12 am

Sinrek wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2023 1:41 am
Mac wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2023 12:10 am
Sinrek wrote:

Perhaps the same reason why the team keeps pushing those fixes each week. The next move will be you coming back and asking for the item to be fixed since there's no durability, disenchantment ID, unenchantable, unrepairable or just plain stupid useless on its level. There already were tons of cases like this. That's why they have more than just 1 Dragunovi now. angry_turtle
Were the items the OP posted added to the game in the exact state they were posted with zero editorial process on behalf of the staff? It’s been months since they were posted.

Sinrek

Post by Sinrek » Sun Aug 20, 2023 11:55 pm

Mac wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2023 2:12 am
Were the items the OP posted added to the game in the exact state they were posted with zero editorial process on behalf of the staff? It’s been months since they were posted.
That's irrelevant. Items were … not even lore related, but his own RP background based, which is not what you base Epic items on anyway. wary_turtle

Hence the thread. Learn to use the tool first with at least common or uncommon items. mad_turtle

Mac

Post by Mac » Tue Aug 22, 2023 5:34 am

Sinrek wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2023 11:55 pm
Mac wrote:
That's irrelevant. Items were … not even lore related, but his own RP background based, which is not what you base Epic items on anyway. wary_turtle

Hence the thread. Learn to use the tool first with at least common or uncommon items. mad_turtle
It’s absolutely relevant. Your fear was these items would make it to the server, right? It’s been months now. Did they make it in or what?

And the only way you can learn to use anything is by practicing. Quality of item hardly matters. You can mess up a common item just as badly as an epic.

Sinrek

Post by Sinrek » Wed Aug 23, 2023 8:26 pm

Mac wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2023 5:34 am
Sinrek wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2023 11:55 pm
Mac wrote:

It’s absolutely relevant. Your fear was these items would make it to the server, right? It’s been months now. Did they make it in or what?

And the only way you can learn to use anything is by practicing. Quality of item hardly matters. You can mess up a common item just as badly as an epic.
Sigh … Looks like my explanations fall on deaf ears, sadly.

If you want to practice - do so on very simple items, quality of which wouldn't alter any levelling curve whatsoever, especially mid-end game flow. wary_turtle

Mac

Post by Mac » Thu Aug 24, 2023 12:58 am

But again, those simple items are just as easy to mess up. If you put a 1k DPS sword in the game, doesn’t matter if it is epic or common, that’s not good, is it? You say they’re simple, but the mistakes he made (like no durability) are mistakes you could make on a common item just as easily as on an epic one. If you want to make epic items, best to just try making them. Worst case scenario, you wind up posting a broken item on the forum that gets caught by one of its users or one of the many Dragunovis they allegedly have working on items at the moment, and you learn from the mistakes you made, correct? And even if it made it to the game broken, they could just patch it and the server will be fine, as has happened before. Again, I still don’t see the harm in that.

And to answer the question you are avoiding for whatever reason, I looked at the database, and I don’t see these items there. It doesn’t appear that they are in the game. But 1.17.0 is coming “soon” so feel free to necro the thread again then if the items are put into the game at that time.

Until then, take it easy.