Turtle HD Project

Huma

Re: Turtle HD (WIP)

Post by Huma » Fri Aug 11, 2023 4:46 pm

you are putting effects that a 2000s engine cant handle stop talking trash about other PCs pls..... i play every new game on high/ultra with no problems, dont be so cringe, patch its bad.

Dhrazar

Post by Dhrazar » Fri Aug 11, 2023 4:49 pm

Huma wrote:
Fri Aug 11, 2023 4:46 pm
hahaah dont make me laugh, pls, typical noobs that when they see an unnoptimized game runs to the store to buy the new 800$ GPU xDDD
Nobody was talking about GPUs, except you. Seems you have no idea what you are talking about.

Huma

Post by Huma » Fri Aug 11, 2023 6:08 pm

i put GPU as an example of how people like you who know nothing about computers get cucked my companies you dumb fuck

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Fri Aug 11, 2023 10:17 pm

Huma, I have very clearly explained to you the issue, and I can even ask one of the tech wizards of the staff to come weigh in on this if it would appease you. They will likely confirm the issues as being the game engine itself and the demands that we're putting upon it. However, I would ask you to be civil in this thread and not lash out at people who understand the technical nuances of the situation better than you do.

We are loading high resolution assets that have been crushed down as much as they possibly can be to fit the vanilla client's maximum allowed resolution for textures and maximum allowed model complexity without losing graphic fidelity, so there is nothing further that can be done with the assets, which is the only thing this patch adds. What you are asking is that we wave our hands and magically make HD assets somehow occupy less space and have less complexity than they already do, or that we magically make the 2004 vanilla client call on the GPU to handle the heavy lifting, or to suddenly be optimized to load no less than 2 additional gigabytes of ONLY graphic assets into memory, on top of the additions Turtle has made. Even with the hacky fix of allowing WoW.exe to be aware of addresses beyond 2 GB, you must understand what this entails.

If you have never worked on software, then you won't have any idea what we're talking about, and if that is the case, I ask you keep your hostile ignorance to yourself. You can't optimize a zip folder full of data (which is all these MPQs are) to make an actual binary not optimized for modern demands magically perform better.

Huma

Post by Huma » Sat Aug 12, 2023 9:53 pm

the insane fps drops only happens on teldrassil (idk if it happens in other forest/jungle maps) when it rains, if it rains in elwyn for example the performance its good, maybe its caused by only couple of files that can be replaced or simply deleted

Dalijon

Post by Dalijon » Sun Aug 13, 2023 5:16 pm

I followed the instructions, and it was kind of cool on my human warrior. Only the unsheath weapon button seemed a little bugged. However, I can't even click on my 60 male druid on the character selection screen, or the game crashes.

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Sun Aug 13, 2023 8:20 pm

Dalijon wrote:
Sun Aug 13, 2023 5:16 pm
I followed the instructions, and it was kind of cool on my human warrior. Only the unsheath weapon button seemed a little bugged. However, I can't even click on my 60 male druid on the character selection screen, or the game crashes.
Is your Druid, by any chance, a Tauren?

Dalijon

Post by Dalijon » Sun Aug 13, 2023 9:46 pm

Yes,

My druid is a Tauren. I take it some Tauren models just can't be supported? I'll admit, I didn't read all the fine print about the mod, just how easy it was to try, and that there were limitations that may not be able to be overcome due to the outdated code the original 1.12 software used.

Edit: I downloaded again, stripped my tauren naked, and it loaded. Going to add piece by piece and find out what piece causes a crash.

Second update: Once I loaded my naked tauren, It loaded and I can play. Could not duplicate the crash again once I got it working. I exited game, and my fully cloathed Tauren loads just fine. I'll report any further issues. The updated animal forms are SICK!

Ty for responding, and for caring!

Sincerely,
A happy druid.

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Mon Aug 14, 2023 4:22 am

I am actually doing a full retool of the DBCs that deal with Spells and ItemDisplayInfo in a bid to clean up some outdated references to equipment and the like. Considering that the aforementioned Tauren issue seems item related, I'm hoping that this retool will, among other item-related issues, remedy so many problematic behaviors that some items have caused in the past.

There's no better time for me to work on cleaning up the DBC files, as a compatibility patch will be needed whenever Turtle's big content patch drops. I'd like to have the HD patch as ready as possible for when that day comes.

Reever

Post by Reever » Mon Aug 14, 2023 4:53 pm

Is it possible to separate the spell effects from the Legion character models

Ingameacc12345

Post by Ingameacc12345 » Mon Aug 14, 2023 5:19 pm

Reever wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2023 4:53 pm
Everything is possible, just download an MPQ Editor and get to work!

Reever

Post by Reever » Mon Aug 14, 2023 6:41 pm

Ingameacc12345 wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2023 5:19 pm
Reever wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2023 4:53 pm
Everything is possible, just download an MPQ Editor and get to work!
Didn't realize it would be this easy. Took me like 3 minutes to get it done. Thanks

Wilczan

Post by Wilczan » Tue Aug 15, 2023 11:10 am

How I can remove one model from the patch to keep the default look?

Bought Brewfest Kodo but very dissapointed how it looks with HD patch.
On the other hand HD patch overall is great and would like to keep rest of the models.

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Tue Aug 15, 2023 7:56 pm

Wilczan wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2023 11:10 am
How I can remove one model from the patch to keep the default look?

Bought Brewfest Kodo but very dissapointed how it looks with HD patch.
On the other hand HD patch overall is great and would like to keep rest of the models.
Brewfest Kodo is among a list of mounts that do not currently have HD textures, so they will look quite bad until we can port or create our own.

Wilczan

Post by Wilczan » Tue Aug 15, 2023 9:24 pm

I bet creating new ones would be very time consuming. Cannot just import old ones for now?

Baess

Post by Baess » Fri Aug 18, 2023 8:58 pm

Total sidebar here. Would this work with a stock vanilla client or has turtle changed to much 😀
Caestielle (Hagreth/Litestep HC)

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Fri Aug 18, 2023 9:17 pm

Baess wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2023 8:58 pm
Total sidebar here. Would this work with a stock vanilla client or has turtle changed to much 😀
In theory, it should work as the references that were changed in DBCs that are Turtle exclusive shouldn't interfere with things that obviously do not exist in vanilla, but we also changed Spells.DBC which has spell tooltips. Any spell that Turtle changed would thus be inaccurately described on base vanilla.

I apologize, as I do not still have a link to the original mod that serves as the base for this one.

Baess

Post by Baess » Fri Aug 18, 2023 10:18 pm

Many thanks
Caestielle (Hagreth/Litestep HC)

Astrilslab17

Post by Astrilslab17 » Sat Aug 19, 2023 2:05 pm

Could you please upload the patch-A.MPQ file to mediafire because of the restrictions in my country it doesn't let me download it from google drive thanks in advance, very good post.

Faustorgo

Post by Faustorgo » Mon Aug 21, 2023 8:14 am

Astrilslab17 wrote:
Sat Aug 19, 2023 2:05 pm
Could you please upload the patch-A.MPQ file to mediafire because of the restrictions in my country it doesn't let me download it from google drive thanks in advance, very good post.
Hi, there we go, Patch-A , updated :D https://www.mediafire.com/file/hz89iukx ... A.rar/file

Zer0cool

Post by Zer0cool » Wed Aug 23, 2023 5:02 am

Baess wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2023 8:58 pm
If you want the original mod for classic WoW client, you can find it here : https://model-changing.net/index.php?ap ... llabs&id=9 as many other mods that modding community has made. The mod is for every private server that is 1.12 version. Im the creator of it and I like that other people get inspired and entering into wow modding community, since we are few, as Redmagejoe and Astricon did here. It makes a difference. Cheers

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Wed Aug 23, 2023 6:51 am

Zer0cool wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2023 5:02 am
Cheers
Awesome to see you again Zer0cool. Thanks for commenting. I may have already asked this before, but any idea if it's possible for the sheathing animation issue to ever be fixed with a reconversion, or is that part of the raw deal in downporting Legion models and animation data and trying to bundle it into a vanilla M2?

Zer0cool

Post by Zer0cool » Wed Aug 23, 2023 9:32 am

Redmagejoe wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2023 6:51 am
Zer0cool wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2023 5:02 am
Cheers
Awesome to see you again Zer0cool. Thanks for commenting. I may have already asked this before, but any idea if it's possible for the sheathing animation issue to ever be fixed with a reconversion, or is that part of the raw deal in downporting Legion models and animation data and trying to bundle it into a vanilla M2?
Unfortunately no. From contacting, back then, with the creator of the tool that used to convert Legion++ models back to vanilla, it isn't possible. After a few tests that he did and I, we end up that we couldn't locate what was the exact issue, was tool fault or model fault ? Maybe meshed up bone connections to the model, or maybe something else that we couldn't locate after all. I tried everything, to bypass this, but with no success. I tried even checking it by porting the model into blender, but again I couldn't locate the issue, it was all normal there. So I believed that would be a permanent “error” but with less impact on playing the game and “ruin” the feeling. People must move on, after all playing the vanilla version but with newer models is something out of the mind of everyone, but the feeling is AWESOME I guess. turtle_in_love smiling_turtle_head

Remorsx

Post by Remorsx » Sat Aug 26, 2023 9:39 am

if i delete the "scourge" folder to retain the old UD models, is it possible to restore the eye glow on all facial features? right now it is only present on one

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Sat Aug 26, 2023 2:21 pm

Remorsx wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2023 9:39 am
if i delete the "scourge" folder to retain the old UD models, is it possible to restore the eye glow on all facial features? right now it is only present on one
This can probably easily be fixed with a quick review of the DBC. I will see what I can do.

EDIT: It appears that all of the faces and "features" options that should have eye glow are properly working in-game. Are you asking to have eye glow added to the face combinations that specifically have blacked out eyes, such as the cross-strap faces? You do realize that these match their vanilla counterparts, right?

Good news is that while looking into this, I've narrowed down the issue with the weird "light shafts" in the Undead character select screens. It seems that the alpha channels aren't being rendered properly with their textures, causing this effect. These are meant to be spider webs and fog effects. Will see what I can do about this.

Remorsx

Post by Remorsx » Sun Aug 27, 2023 8:22 am

Redmagejoe wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2023 2:21 pm

EDIT: It appears that all of the faces and "features" options that should have eye glow are properly working in-game. Are you asking to have eye glow added to the face combinations that specifically have blacked out eyes, such as the cross-strap faces? You do realize that these match their vanilla counterparts, right?
quite strange because on my part there is only 1 "facial feature" with the glowing yellow eyes, all the other ones are empty blacked out ones lol

i did it that way - opened patch A via MPQedit64, removed the scourge folder from the characters entirely and closed it
guess i did something wrong? xd

i'm currently talking about the UD males

and this is the only option with the glow

Remorsx

Post by Remorsx » Sun Aug 27, 2023 10:38 pm

if it helps - sheath/unsheath animation does work on female orc shaman with a 2handed axe
lol

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Sun Aug 27, 2023 10:49 pm

Are you sure that you did not mistake what facial settings you had? It is not the "Face" field, but the "Features" field that affects the eyes. There are 17 total Features settings, 12 of which have eye glow, 5 of which have black eyes. Faces will not change the eye glow, as it is dependent upon what "Features" you have chosen.

I just tested all of these on both Male and Female, all combinations of Face and Features, and while there are more options with eye glow, at least 5 of the eye glow options have a black eyes alternative.

Remorsx

Post by Remorsx » Sun Aug 27, 2023 11:02 pm

yep, it seems bugged on my end, i scrolled through all the features and only 1 has the glowing eyes

moreso, before installing the patch i created an UD with the glowing eyes and when i deleted the scourge folder they became blacked out as on my first screenshot

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Mon Aug 28, 2023 12:29 am

Remorsx wrote:
Sun Aug 27, 2023 11:02 pm
yep, it seems bugged on my end, i scrolled through all the features and only 1 has the glowing eyes

moreso, before installing the patch i created an UD with the glowing eyes and when i deleted the scourge folder they became blacked out as on my first screenshot
Unfortunately, I cannot reproduce this issue. I asked a number of other players to check this for me on the latest version of the patch, and they can also not reproduce this issue. Do you have the latest version of the patch available on the front page?

Remorsx

Post by Remorsx » Mon Aug 28, 2023 6:33 am

yep. of course
well, unfortunate, but whatever

Kassuss8787

Post by Kassuss8787 » Wed Aug 30, 2023 10:50 pm

Hello i have a problem with nameplate, after installing the HD Model i got these nameplate.
Tried disabling all addon, nothing, even addon that change nameplate do nothing. But i did redownload the game without the patch and nameplates are fine.
Any idea how to fix this?
https://imgur.com/a/4poq1Ph

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Wed Aug 30, 2023 11:07 pm

The HD patch natively changes the appearance of nameplates.

Kassuss8787

Post by Kassuss8787 » Wed Aug 30, 2023 11:41 pm

Redmagejoe wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2023 11:07 pm
The HD patch natively changes the appearance of nameplates.
There are no way to keep the hd patch and use nameplate addon like KUI?

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Thu Aug 31, 2023 12:23 am

I am not familiar with the addon you speak of, but addons should take precedence over any base client behavior. The HD patch does not manipulate any sort of XML or LUA to my knowledge, simply replaces existing assets. It should have no impact on the function of any addons.