Turtle WoW is expanding to the East!

Critterbug

Re: Turtle WoW is expanding to the East!

Post by Critterbug » Mon Jul 24, 2023 10:46 am

Samsara wrote:
Mon Jul 24, 2023 7:50 am
Redmagejoe wrote:
Sun Jul 23, 2023 9:04 pm
Samsara wrote:
Sun Jul 23, 2023 2:35 pm
Racist
You're just making my point.
I'm making the point that my accusations are not more far fetched than blaming the population issues on China. As Jolikmc mentioned, you can't blame a nationality without stats to back it up. Sorry you don't have the IQ to draw the correct conclusions from my sarcasm. My bad I guess. dead_turtle_head
holy hell you whine a lot with no substantive argument other than casting dispersions on others. If you're soooo concerned about the Chinese population in Turtle Wow, join their server. Better yet, quit the game in protest like the other faux social justice kiddos do on your favorite platform TikkyTokky. NO ONE will miss you in the game, even your so called in-game "Chinese friend". No, I'm not a racist, republican, or whatever label you want to compartmentalize me into. I know it's hard to understand that a lot of us aren't what you want to label us and it breaks your fragile brain. Go find your safe space and eat your vegan coconut chips in sadness.

Reality check, lil girl. You're faux virtue signaling on a forum related to a video game. It means nothing. Don't bother responding.. this was a drive by and you're not worth looking back on.

Samsara

Post by Samsara » Mon Jul 24, 2023 11:12 am

Critterbug wrote:
Mon Jul 24, 2023 10:46 am
Samsara wrote:
Mon Jul 24, 2023 7:50 am
Redmagejoe wrote:
Sun Jul 23, 2023 9:04 pm

You're just making my point.
I'm making the point that my accusations are not more far fetched than blaming the population issues on China. As Jolikmc mentioned, you can't blame a nationality without stats to back it up. Sorry you don't have the IQ to draw the correct conclusions from my sarcasm. My bad I guess. dead_turtle_head
holy hell you whine a lot with no substantive argument other than casting dispersions on others. If you're soooo concerned about the Chinese population in Turtle Wow, join their server. Better yet, quit the game in protest like the other faux social justice kiddos do on your favorite platform TikkyTokky. NO ONE will miss you in the game, even your so called in-game "Chinese friend". No, I'm not a racist, republican, or whatever label you want to compartmentalize me into. I know it's hard to understand that a lot of us aren't what you want to label us and it breaks your fragile brain. Go find your safe space and eat your vegan coconut chips in sadness.

Reality check, lil girl. You're faux virtue signaling on a forum related to a video game. It means nothing. Don't bother responding.. this was a drive by and you're not worth looking back on.
You are the biggest projecting idiot I ran into in YEARS. Congrats, you win no medal. I'm not vegan, I always offer alternate solutions in my complains, I don't use TikTok or any other social media for that matter, and I was arguing the opposite of what you accuse me of. You would have been better to stay quiet instead of passing as a pot that calls the kettle black.

Samsara

Post by Samsara » Mon Jul 24, 2023 11:15 am

Redmagejoe wrote:
Mon Jul 24, 2023 10:26 am
Your floundering, disjointed backpeddling and grasping at straws does little to distract from the fact highlighted by your own post that you've forgotten what strawman you were even pushing. Calling it sarcasm all of a sudden at the eleventh hour doesn't exonerate you of diminishing your perceived opponents with ad hominem and strawman arguments while throwing those phrases around hypocritically.

I don't care about the "population issue", and I never stated I did. I merely provided context for the dissent among the community regarding mainland Chinese players, and you took it as a personal crusade to label myself and everyone else with opinions on the matter as racists. You try desperately to belittle those you oppose as if you are being personally attacked and do nothing but make yourself look like an irrational and unhinged malcontent in the process.

I predict your next move will be to play it off as a joke or respond to me with further ad hominem.
Yeah right I AM the one doing personal attacks and not simply defending myself against bad faith criticism rofl. You throw a bunch of words acting almighty except they resonate hollow because they are far from the truth. What if I use trolling as my way of passing a message, does that invalidate its meaning? No it just means I don't turn replies into personal attacks, merely jests unlike your cognitively dissonant ass. Didn't you say people should ignore me? So why do you keep coming back and simping after my attention? Isn't that the very definition of hypocrisy you so accuse me of? Look in the mirror and gtfo. You will never win a psychological argument against me I guarantee you that much. Oh and once again you accuse me of not being on topic except you're the one with the personal attacks that don't contribute to the conversation, ignoring my points that could have fueled an argumented disagreement of yours ON TOPIC.

Sunnyboy

Post by Sunnyboy » Tue Jul 25, 2023 3:23 pm

oh! man, that is pretty cool!

Shaman111

Post by Shaman111 » Tue Jul 25, 2023 5:19 pm

someone mercy kill that guy thrashing and crying for weeks already

Fischminister

Post by Fischminister » Wed Jul 26, 2023 3:42 pm

Hope this happens soon.
[]
[]
[]
[]
[]
[]

Karrados

Post by Karrados » Wed Jul 26, 2023 9:56 pm

I somehow doubt that many people will transfer.

Hctwowfan
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Hctwowfan » Thu Jul 27, 2023 12:37 pm

Can we get an ETA when the game will be playable again? Cause right now some zones are just an expat simulator.
Exlusively playing hc, alive toons below
Immortal Nikora Halazi Mbamba Ofofu Qsetmizi Qsetnizi
59.99 Qiri Byomvin Toraya Bjomvin Peppa Tepsi Ufofo Yolani Ygritt Rhanja Yolari Qsetlizi Bsomdi Kiri Nemsi Ufufo Ofufu
50+ Libbi Hazaru Lenymo Oronil

Inovatu

Post by Inovatu » Thu Jul 27, 2023 1:49 pm

10 Minutes Queue Timer... Time for the new Server...!

Witchblade

Post by Witchblade » Thu Jul 27, 2023 3:51 pm

Hctwowfan wrote:
Thu Jul 27, 2023 12:37 pm
Can we get an ETA when the game will be playable again? Cause right now some zones are just an expat simulator.
Around October apparently thats what ive been getting told by people

Xerilin
Has liked: 14 times

Post by Xerilin » Thu Jul 27, 2023 3:59 pm

Witchblade wrote:
Thu Jul 27, 2023 3:51 pm
Hctwowfan wrote:
I hope you are wrong and its soonerTM...

Hctwowfan
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Hctwowfan » Thu Jul 27, 2023 6:26 pm

Witchblade wrote:
Thu Jul 27, 2023 3:51 pm
Hctwowfan wrote:
Welp. See you in october I guess.
Exlusively playing hc, alive toons below
Immortal Nikora Halazi Mbamba Ofofu Qsetmizi Qsetnizi
59.99 Qiri Byomvin Toraya Bjomvin Peppa Tepsi Ufofo Yolani Ygritt Rhanja Yolari Qsetlizi Bsomdi Kiri Nemsi Ufufo Ofufu
50+ Libbi Hazaru Lenymo Oronil

Escapism

Post by Escapism » Fri Jul 28, 2023 3:30 pm

I understand the outsourcing negotiations may complicate the matter, but since these players are already playing an English server with some proficiency, I think it would have been nice to immediately give them a server while developing the translations and team, even if it would be an inconvenience to transfer characters a second time when that comes to fruition. Another reservation may be that the new server will be like the wild west and highly unmoderated, lacking Chinese-speaking developers and moderators. But that is what has become of us now. It may also have some effect on g*ld sellers. Perhaps this is all hindsight.

Wher0

Post by Wher0 » Sat Jul 29, 2023 12:55 am

Boowowser!

Zrneqsk

Post by Zrneqsk » Sun Jul 30, 2023 10:35 am

oh, I love turtleWoW!

Luhfh

Post by Luhfh » Sun Jul 30, 2023 12:14 pm

I'm a Chinese player,If the server is opened in China, it will be very bad, China has a proxy, plug-in, studio, I do not believe that the Chinese team can do a good job of server maintenance

Cryingblood

Post by Cryingblood » Wed Aug 02, 2023 10:31 am

as a Chinese player, with my personal opinion, it won't be a very serious problem as some of those replies worried. Since T-WOW provide an option to Chinese players who are willing to have lower latency and native-speaking service support, but it doesn't mean 100% Chinese-speaking player will migrate to new server as long as GM will not force us to do so.

Meanhile, frankly to say that I don't believe new server can operate as smooth as T-WOW Euro since it never ever happened for once that a good server survive in China without any RMT, Farming Studio, or other toxic behaviors, that is the reason I migrate to Turtle and choose to stay, and I believe there are dozens of hundreds of my fellows would have same choice, thus we are still have one community but one more choice to my fellows as well.

Kremmen

Post by Kremmen » Thu Aug 03, 2023 12:57 am

Cryingblood wrote:
Wed Aug 02, 2023 10:31 am
Meanhile, frankly to say that I don't believe new server can operate as smooth as T-WOW Euro since it never ever happened for once that a good server survive in China without any RMT, Farming Studio, or other toxic behaviors
But that's literally happening on the current server right now. You can tell whenever a banwave happens because multiple threads will be made by Chinese players asking why their accounts have been "frozen" and that they totally didn't do anything wrong.
Plaidskull - Undead Warrior
<TurtleHeads>
Progression/ guild based in the Oceanic region
Times: Monday/Saturday 7:45pm AEST (9:45am Server Time), Sunday fun/progression events 8pm AEST (10am Server Time).
https://discord.gg/gBcH9sG75n

Karrados

Post by Karrados » Thu Aug 03, 2023 1:55 am

Kremmen wrote:
Thu Aug 03, 2023 12:57 am
Cryingblood wrote:
Wed Aug 02, 2023 10:31 am
Meanhile, frankly to say that I don't believe new server can operate as smooth as T-WOW Euro since it never ever happened for once that a good server survive in China without any RMT, Farming Studio, or other toxic behaviors
But that's literally happening on the current server right now. You can tell whenever a banwave happens because multiple threads will be made by Chinese players asking why their accounts have been "frozen" and that they totally didn't do anything wrong.
Yeah I am a bit confused by that statement. Those things are already happening just going by the threads that seem to be cropping up a lot.

There would be no difference and that is why they will not swap to the other servers: More potential buyer for their gold.

Azuladrip

Post by Azuladrip » Thu Aug 03, 2023 9:25 am

Oh, thank god, this was the post I came here to read. Because logging in now after just a few months, it's almost unplayable. Leaving aside the numbers of players, every time I get close to a hub I can see people spamming in say in other characters. I'm pretty sure that even if you speak in your own language in your guild chat, /say and /general should still be in English, so I'm not sure why they're allowed to dominate the space like this.

The game is just much, much worse than it was even two months ago. I don't really care for it being "crowded", but the reason I enjoy playing is because I like meeting new people and having spontaneous interactions. I don't want to approach some random player and find out he has no idea what I'm saying.

Azuladrip

Post by Azuladrip » Thu Aug 03, 2023 9:54 am

Wowplaya69 wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2023 11:27 am

I like socializing across cultures and pushing through communication boundaries, and I recognize the important social value of that. If I understand you correctly you like to stay inside your tribe and don't recognize the value in cross-cultural communication.

We can all coexist in turtle-wow, the opportunity here is that the vast majority of communication in wow is non-verbal.

In regard to your specific experience, it's easy to find a raid with English speakers, pick up groups it might be harder sometimes but those only require simple communication and there are other technical solutions that could be implemented regardless. There are, amongst others, German and Russian speaking guilds and groups on the server already and yet you've managed.

This forum reports your location as Australia, your opposition to "social messaging" on East-West relations in general seems foolish given how in the thick of it Australia could be should the international situation continue on course, not that I expect we little people could do much anyway.
You can't have cross-cultural communication when you don't share any language. And besides, that isn't why most people play video games. They play to have fun. Meeting some guy from god knows where by chance when you're teaming up to do an elite quest: fun. I guess that's why we play MMOs. Having everyone around you speak a completely unfamiliar language and inadvertently blocking you out from said activity/conversation: very unfun.

I feel like some of you live in a completely different world, or maybe you're just wacky Americans who think being around people who don't speak English is fun. I've had to relocate in several servers during my time playing WoW because they became the go-to servers for a certain population (usually Turkish given their high numbers). Blizzard did not give a shit and never enforced anything despite them dominating the general chat, since how do you ban the majority population on a server? Inevitably, any guild that didn't want to live under those conditions had to pay to transfer. You see the exact same phenomenon in new MMOs, where people immediately look up which server is really the English-speaking one, since a few are always surrendered to languages that don't get official support. There is no worse feeling than playing for several days and waking up to find out that you're actually on a server that's nominally English, but functionally Turkish, Polish, or what have you.

The worst part is that I'm not sure who you people are even defending. As someone that isn't from an Anglo country, I can tell you that I avoid my fellow countrymen like the plague. If I bump into one, that's one thing, but I would never go out of my way to join some national guild and then go around speaking in my native language. That's embarrassing. I feel genuinely angry whenever I see anyone from my country acting that way, and I'm sure this is also true for Turks/Russians/Chinese/whatever who have to deal with such countrymen.

Now, I will say that a new server probably could've been avoided if the Turtle WoW team made it clear from the beginning that not speaking English is a mortal offense. Doesn't matter if it's one message: instaban. In general, I think banning any form of national guild would be a good idea if you are serious about retaining an English-speaking population. Even if the people who start that guild speak English, it only takes a few months for one to bring in a friend who doesn't really, and that guy brings another, and so on and so on until you find out that your tasteful national guild who is supposed to be made up of people that might have more in common but still speak English is suddenly infested by shitters who can't speak English at all and destroy the guild's reputation on the server and force you to surrender it and quit. Tolerating any form of national-based association is just a bad idea.

If you really do speak English well and have no problem playing on an English server, then joining any random English-speaking guild shouldn't be a problem.

Ujvalpragath

Post by Ujvalpragath » Sun Aug 13, 2023 3:22 pm

Nice Work of Expanding wisdom
But i am from asia if you host server in chineese all the players we fase are chineese as some of us know their language some dont wyh dont you create a server in singapore/mumbai most problbla all asian players we join that server and we will get to support all languages

Albel

Post by Albel » Sun Aug 13, 2023 7:44 pm

Azuladrip wrote:
Thu Aug 03, 2023 9:54 am
Wowplaya69 wrote:

I like socializing across cultures and pushing through communication boundaries, and I recognize the important social value of that. If I understand you correctly you like to stay inside your tribe and don't recognize the value in cross-cultural communication.

We can all coexist in turtle-wow, the opportunity here is that the vast majority of communication in wow is non-verbal.

In regard to your specific experience, it's easy to find a raid with English speakers, pick up groups it might be harder sometimes but those only require simple communication and there are other technical solutions that could be implemented regardless. There are, amongst others, German and Russian speaking guilds and groups on the server already and yet you've managed.

This forum reports your location as Australia, your opposition to "social messaging" on East-West relations in general seems foolish given how in the thick of it Australia could be should the international situation continue on course, not that I expect we little people could do much anyway.
You can't have cross-cultural communication when you don't share any language. And besides, that isn't why most people play video games. They play to have fun. Meeting some guy from god knows where by chance when you're teaming up to do an elite quest: fun. I guess that's why we play MMOs. Having everyone around you speak a completely unfamiliar language and inadvertently blocking you out from said activity/conversation: very unfun.

I feel like some of you live in a completely different world, or maybe you're just wacky Americans who think being around people who don't speak English is fun. I've had to relocate in several servers during my time playing WoW because they became the go-to servers for a certain population (usually Turkish given their high numbers). Blizzard did not give a shit and never enforced anything despite them dominating the general chat, since how do you ban the majority population on a server? Inevitably, any guild that didn't want to live under those conditions had to pay to transfer. You see the exact same phenomenon in new MMOs, where people immediately look up which server is really the English-speaking one, since a few are always surrendered to languages that don't get official support. There is no worse feeling than playing for several days and waking up to find out that you're actually on a server that's nominally English, but functionally Turkish, Polish, or what have you.

The worst part is that I'm not sure who you people are even defending. As someone that isn't from an Anglo country, I can tell you that I avoid my fellow countrymen like the plague. If I bump into one, that's one thing, but I would never go out of my way to join some national guild and then go around speaking in my native language. That's embarrassing. I feel genuinely angry whenever I see anyone from my country acting that way, and I'm sure this is also true for Turks/Russians/Chinese/whatever who have to deal with such countrymen.

Now, I will say that a new server probably could've been avoided if the Turtle WoW team made it clear from the beginning that not speaking English is a mortal offense. Doesn't matter if it's one message: instaban. In general, I think banning any form of national guild would be a good idea if you are serious about retaining an English-speaking population. Even if the people who start that guild speak English, it only takes a few months for one to bring in a friend who doesn't really, and that guy brings another, and so on and so on until you find out that your tasteful national guild who is supposed to be made up of people that might have more in common but still speak English is suddenly infested by shitters who can't speak English at all and destroy the guild's reputation on the server and force you to surrender it and quit. Tolerating any form of national-based association is just a bad idea.

If you really do speak English well and have no problem playing on an English server, then joining any random English-speaking guild shouldn't be a problem.
I'm sorry, but instabanning someone for speaking a word of a language that's not English is an actually insane take. You're a big boy, you can survive someone saying hola.

Mac

Post by Mac » Sun Aug 13, 2023 11:39 pm

Albel wrote:
Sun Aug 13, 2023 7:44 pm
Azuladrip wrote:
Thu Aug 03, 2023 9:54 am
Wowplaya69 wrote:

I'm sorry, but instabanning someone for speaking a word of a language that's not English is an actually insane take. You're a big boy, you can survive someone saying hola.
Typically language rules exist out of necessity. Simply put, it’s not really feasible to police a chat speaking a hundred different languages that you can’t possibly know, especially as chat is flying by. Limiting chat to one single language makes enforcement of chat rules easier.

Albel

Post by Albel » Mon Aug 14, 2023 12:03 am

Mac wrote:
Sun Aug 13, 2023 11:39 pm
Typically language rules exist out of necessity. Simply put, it’s not really feasible to police a chat speaking a hundred different languages that you can’t possibly know, especially as chat is flying by. Limiting chat to one single language makes enforcement of chat rules easier.
I think there's quite a huge gulf between long flowing essays in Arabic in trade chat and banning anyone for even saying a single non-English word, as the poster I quoted proposes.

Are you going to ban people for saying coup d'etat, a French term? Or saying burrito, a Spanish word? What about saying mazel tov, should that be a bannable offense?

Moreover, maybe just... let people do what they want. Unless actual problems are being caused (people being reported, certain scripts not being able to be displayed), what the hell do the mods care if two Italians talk for a bit in Italian? What damage is being caused?

Mac

Post by Mac » Mon Aug 14, 2023 12:06 am

Albel wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2023 12:03 am
Mac wrote:
I think there's quite a huge gulf between long flowing essays in Arabic in trade chat and banning anyone for even saying a single non-English word, as the poster I quoted proposes.

Are you going to ban people for saying coup d'etat, a French term? Or saying burrito, a Spanish word? What about saying mazel tov, should that be a bannable offense?

Moreover, maybe just... let people do what they want. Unless actual problems are being caused (people being reported, certain scripts not being able to be displayed), what the hell do the mods care if two Italians talk for a bit in Italian? What damage is being caused?
Where do you draw the line? I can say one word in a language you don’t know, and it could be the n-word for all you’d know. How do you enforce that?

Albel

Post by Albel » Mon Aug 14, 2023 12:16 am

Mac wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2023 12:06 am
Where do you draw the line? I can say one word in a language you don’t know, and it could be the n-word for all you’d know. How do you enforce that?
If I don't know it, it's not really going to be affecting me. I don't like doing something as extreme and severe as banning people from using their native language from talking to people in that language over a hypothetical. Is this actually a real problem that happens in TWoW to the extent where this rule is the only way of dealing with it? Because there's no point in having rules, and dedicating manpower to enforcing these rules, for problems that don't exist or are not widespread.

Mac

Post by Mac » Mon Aug 14, 2023 12:18 am

Albel wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2023 12:16 am
Mac wrote:
If I don't know it, it's not really going to be affecting me. I don't like doing something as extreme and severe as banning people from using their native language from talking to people in that language over a hypothetical. Is this actually a real problem that happens in TWoW to the extent where this rule is the only way of dealing with it? Because there's no point in having rules, and dedicating manpower to enforcing these rules, for problems that don't exist or are not widespread.
It wouldn’t affect you but it would affect other players.

It’s not a hypothetical. People say atrocious things to one another all the time in non-English languages.

Albel

Post by Albel » Mon Aug 14, 2023 12:29 am

Mac wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2023 12:18 am
Albel wrote:
Mac wrote:

It’s not a hypothetical. People say atrocious things to one another all the time in non-English languages.
I'm sure they do! What are the numbers? Are the GMs getting dozens, hundreds of reports a day, specifically about this? Because it's also atrocious to ban people from speaking their own language in an MP game, so you have to have a REALLY good reason for taking such an extreme step, and that reason can't be some people might be being awful.

You can't say that you care about the non English speaker experience in the game, but then turn around and ban their language from being used.

Mac

Post by Mac » Mon Aug 14, 2023 12:33 am

Albel wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2023 12:29 am
Mac wrote:
Albel wrote:

I'm sure they do! What are the numbers? Are the GMs getting dozens, hundreds of reports a day, specifically about this? Because it's also atrocious to ban people from speaking their own language in an MP game, so you have to have a REALLY good reason for taking such an extreme step, and that reason can't be some people might be being awful.

You can't say that you care about the non English speaker experience in the game, but then turn around and ban their language from being used.
And the good reason is you can’t effectively moderate a chat full of languages you don’t understand, especially on a server with 10k players online and 4k in queue.

Albel

Post by Albel » Mon Aug 14, 2023 12:38 am

Mac wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2023 12:33 am
Albel wrote:
Mac wrote:

And the good reason is you can’t effectively moderate a chat full of languages you don’t understand, especially on a server with 10k players online and 4k in queue.
We're going in circles. Unless the GMs are dealing with an unmanageable amount of reports from non English speakers, that's not a good reason. Just a hypothetical concern.

Mac

Post by Mac » Mon Aug 14, 2023 12:39 am

Albel wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2023 12:38 am
Mac wrote:
Albel wrote:

We're going in circles. Unless the GMs are dealing with an unmanageable amount of reports from non English speakers, that's not a good reason. Just a hypothetical concern.
Again not hypothetical because people say bad things in other languages but yes it is going in a loop now. You’ve said your bit, I’ve said mine. Thanks for the conversation.

Albel

Post by Albel » Mon Aug 14, 2023 12:49 am

Mac wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2023 12:39 am
Albel wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2023 12:38 am
Mac wrote:

Again not hypothetical because people say bad things in other languages but yes it is going in a loop now. You’ve said your bit, I’ve said mine. Thanks for the conversation.
Likewise, have a good one.

Azuladrip

Post by Azuladrip » Tue Aug 15, 2023 4:32 am

Albel wrote:
Mac wrote:

Don't be fucking dense. Do you take everything so literally? Obviously you shouldn't ban some guy for saying hola, ciao, or merci, something everybody understands. But if you see some guy advertising some guild in cyrillic, yeah, that should be instantly bannable.

Azuladrip

Post by Azuladrip » Tue Aug 15, 2023 5:06 am

Albel wrote:

Is your brain broken? How can you be so insufferable? How can you enter a thread about the team opening a CHINESE servers to solve the problem of CHINESE PLAYERS to go on a tangent about how much of lunatic I am for wanting to stop two Italians speaking in Italian when they cross each other every blue moon? Is our server being invaded by Italians, or Chinese? And is it just two Chinese speaking, or does it happen to be that our server is overrun with them, to the extent that I wonder now if even 50% of the people online at any time can speak English? I AFK in front of Goldshire at the tent, I see Chinese. I do a /who of a certain zone, and I get an army of -xiao-(s)

And to answer your ridiculous hypothetical anyway since you seem incapable of simple common sense: it obviously depends. If the server were 99% English-speaking, then yeah, I don't think I or anybody else would be that bothered by two random Italians chatting in Italian once they recognize each other. However, that tolerance comes at a price. If that ratio starts to tick in favor of non-English speakers and goes up to 2%, then 3%, then 4%, till we're looking at a 1/10 ratio of people who are playing and can't speak English, at that point draconic regulations must be put in place and enforced before the entire server goes to shit and gets surrendered to non-English speakers, as happened here. The point of extreme rules being enforced with precision is to stop further degeneration and restore things to something workable, not to spitefully ruin the experience of certain players out of xenophobia and racism.

Outside the autistic world of theoreticals, there's what is actually existing and affecting people. We aren't--or at least I'm not--here to test the logic of some hypothetical. If our biggest problem was some 8-person guild of people who spoke only in Catalan, or Yiddish, or in Latin, then yeah, this conversation wouldn't be happening and I wouldn't give the softest shit, which I'm sure goes for the vast majority of people in this thread who stand on my side on this issue. But that's not what we have. We have a very specific problem: thousands upon thousands of Chinese players who don't speak English and who are slowly taking over the server due to sheer numbers.

EDIT: And just to make it clear unless you can't understand this, I'm not American. English isn't my first language, or even my second. I'm not some Anglo supremacist trying to get everyone to speak English. But this is an English server. You can either speak English, or get fucked. Not my problem.