I'd like to have a Glyph that forbids getting any rested XP as long as I have it in the Keyring.

Jettisoned

I'd like to have a Glyph that forbids getting any rested XP as long as I have it in the Keyring.

Post by Jettisoned » Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:51 am

.. instead of having to
  1. display and check the XP bar (depends on your UI settings)
  2. open the inventory
  3. summon Speedy
  4. get the Glyph of Exhaustion
  5. open the keyring
  6. use the Glyph
  7. close the keyring
  8. unsummon Speedy
  9. close the inventory
  10. hide the XP bar (depends on your UI settings)
and then rinse and repeat every time I get in a city, a tavern or close to a tent. I end to do this multiple times per hour which is beginning to be quite dead_turtle_head

Could it be technically feasible?

Sinrek
Has liked: 5 times

Re: I'd like to have a Glyph that forbids getting any rested XP as long as I have it in the Keyring.

Post by Sinrek » Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:24 am

We have Glyph of Exhaustion for that. Use after each longer than 10 minute /camp.
satisfied_turtle Slowly turtling my way up.

Jettisoned

Re: I'd like to have a Glyph that forbids getting any rested XP as long as I have it in the Keyring.

Post by Jettisoned » Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:53 am

I might be wrong but I think it's quite clear in my post that I know about the Glyph of Exhaustion.

The purpose of my post is to suggest something else, an other Glyph that when you put it in your keyring, and as long you keep it there, you then don't get anymore rested XP bonus at all.

Sinrek

Post by Sinrek » Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:50 pm

Perhaps we could weave such option into the Glyph of Hardcore itself. I'll puzzle the team on that. smiling_turtle_head

Jettisoned

Post by Jettisoned » Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:01 pm

thank you very much for your consideration. that would be in the same vein of the Hardcore Glyph for sure.

Sinrek

Post by Sinrek » Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:33 pm

Indeed. I was suggesting to make this function to be tied to the Glyph of Hardcore initially, alas, since we still have zoomers, who just trying to burst through on Hardcore mode anyway, so they rely heavily on bonus XP from the rested state so they'd have almost constantly double XP to faster level to the end no matter what we'll need some kind of mechanism to be as an option for a true Hardcore mode.

Volitare

Post by Volitare » Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:30 am

I play hardcore mode and the way I deal with unwanted rested xp, I don't log out in inns and cities. You gain less rested xp if you spend the night just sitting by the fire outside someplace. Also, you get almost nothing if you log out in a place that doesn't have a map = dungeons before the dungeon itself (the mines under Moonbrook but not Deadmines themselves, the cave system of WC before you enter the portal, etc).

I would definitely welcome this addition to the hardcore mode. The hardcore mode option in Speedy's dialogue window could open a subsection and players would choose between a "Hardcore mode" and "Adamant/Determined/Restless mode" :)

I think the reason people want to power through hardcore mode are simply the rewards.

Jettisoned

Post by Jettisoned » Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:19 am

for roleplay reasons characters might sometimes sojourn in cities and sleep in taverns. let's be honest: who would say no to some comfort after nights outside? perhaps people dreaming of adventure but certainly not those who live some satisfied_turtle

Sinrek

Post by Sinrek » Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:51 pm

Expanding your idea, I'd suggest a Glyph of Quest XP only. Means you get XP only from Completed quests.

Torta
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Torta » Tue May 12, 2020 11:09 pm

Hello. Sorry for a long delay.

Starting this Wednesday'the Glyph of Exhaustion will prevent you from getting rested bonus ever, while you have it on your keyring.

Dont' forget to clear your WDB folder!

Sinrek

Post by Sinrek » Tue May 12, 2020 11:17 pm

N00d13s

Post by N00d13s » Wed May 13, 2020 6:25 am

Torta wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 11:09 pm
Hello. Sorry for a long delay.

Starting this Wednesday'the Glyph of Exhaustion will prevent you from getting rested bonus ever, while you have it on your keyring.

Dont' forget to clear your WDB folder!
Thanks!!! smiling_turtle_head smiling_turtle_head smiling_turtle_head

Jettisoned

Post by Jettisoned » Sat May 16, 2020 8:43 am

thank you very much, it's a great QoL improvement!