Constructive Criticism

Skumbanana

Constructive Criticism

Post by Skumbanana » Sun Aug 06, 2023 11:58 pm

Is it me or the server is getting more and more toxic?
With the sudden increase in population and influx of new players, I'm having a lot more negative interactions with players. Griefers, ninjas, straight up verbal aggression because of virtually nothing. Impatient players, players bailing out of groups on a whim... HC-NHC interactions suck even worse now. Almost no one stops to give you a hand any more. It feels less like the cosy community it used to be. I miss the times when this server had a healthy population. But congrats on the huge popularity, I guess...
Last edited by Skumbanana on Mon Aug 07, 2023 1:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Seeseebee

Re: Is it me or the server is getting more and more toxic?

Post by Seeseebee » Mon Aug 07, 2023 2:03 am

too overcrowded, as someone who just started here last week. almost every quest i do is competed by at least 10 other dudes. and i can imagine ppl start to react harshly towards others.

and the frustration as a non-hc player, when fighting for quest mobs i cant invite hc ppl so we have to compete with each other tagging stuffs. which is simply stupidity by design and just serve to infuriate ppl. u already dont care about their death appeals, why suddenly care so much about their legitimacy? grouping to do stuffs is like the core foundation of what wow is about.

Tutayanova

Post by Tutayanova » Mon Aug 07, 2023 3:29 am

Dont see toxic players. Im newbie here, and get only 30 lvl. But if some HC player try to do quest, i and other player try help them. Yes we cant group, but HC can attacks first and others assist. Only toxic what i see it's mining bad manners, thats guy's do not help if someone come first while mob attack him or some 1 x world nuts who do not like cooperate.

Mac

Post by Mac » Mon Aug 07, 2023 3:57 am

It’s not just you.

Paw

Constructive criticism: Social

Post by Paw » Mon Aug 07, 2023 5:34 am

Hail!

Thread is to pose arguments about the state of the community. It has become a thriving, lush forest from the once budding sapling it had been with more and more wanted and unwanted wonders. Some may find solace talking things through.

Hctwowfan
Has liked: 1 time

Re: Constructive criticism: Social

Post by Hctwowfan » Mon Aug 07, 2023 6:57 am

Sad but true, increasing toxicity is to be expected when player numbers grow beyond a healthy amount. Everyone's stressed out. 10 people waiting for a 5 minute respawn, 2 of them are hc and can't group with ea cause they're more than 5 levels apart, 3 of em don't speak English which is about as much fun as playing with npc group members in guild wars 1, one of em is an rp moon fire loner druid. So you leave and return 30 min later to find the exact same setup and alt+F4. Login, you have to wait 20 min in a queue and are already annoyed and you find the same thing near everywhere.
Exlusively playing hc, alive toons below
Immortal Nikora Halazi Mbamba Ofofu Qsetmizi Qsetnizi
59.99 Qiri Byomvin Toraya Bjomvin Peppa Tepsi Ufofo Yolani Ygritt Rhanja Yolari Qsetlizi Bsomdi Kiri Nemsi Ufufo Ofufu
50+ Libbi Hazaru Lenymo Oronil

Skumbanana

Re: Constructive criticism: Social

Post by Skumbanana » Mon Aug 07, 2023 9:56 am

Hctwowfan wrote:
Mon Aug 07, 2023 6:57 am
Sad but true, increasing toxicity is to be expected when player numbers grow beyond a healthy amount. Everyone's stressed out. 10 people waiting for a 5 minute respawn, 2 of them are hc and can't group with ea cause they're more than 5 levels apart, 3 of em don't speak English which is about as much fun as playing with npc group members in guild wars 1, one of em is an rp moon fire loner druid. So you leave and return 30 min later to find the exact same setup and alt+F4. Login, you have to wait 20 min in a queue and are already annoyed and you find the same thing near everywhere.
I lol'd. Yeah, pretty much sums it up.

Elesion

Post by Elesion » Mon Aug 07, 2023 10:30 am

Tutayanova wrote:
Mon Aug 07, 2023 3:29 am
Dont see toxic players. Im newbie here, and get only 30 lvl. But if some HC player try to do quest, i and other player try help them. Yes we cant group, but HC can attacks first and others assist.
Be careful with that. When I started out on the server I also liked the non-party cooperation with hc players. It was novel and fun. But unfortunately the rules do not permit it: "HC mode characters are not permitted to get assistance from players outside of their group." The rule is made against boosting (where a non-hc character can take all the risks and the hc character tagging the mobs safely gets all the rewards), but on paper it covers every little bit of help. And especially with tensions running higher than usual, people might actually report you for helping hc players.

Drubarrymooer

Post by Drubarrymooer » Mon Aug 07, 2023 2:31 pm

I have been here for slightly over a year and I definitely agree with the OP. People used to just offer you gear, gold, bags, etc just by being in the same zone as someone who'd been here awhile. I try to do that to people and ask them to pay it forward when they can, but it seems to be getting more and more like classic by the day. Mob/node tagging was never really a thing. I remember people running up to me while fighting a mob on a node asking if I was planning to mine it and them letting me. Now, they'll just run up and take it and go "too slow" or "haha" when I say something about it. Blasted Lands mob farming is equally toxic. I was headed towards a mob and was quite some distance ahead of a hunter and had already had faerie fire on the mob and they just dropped off their mount and shot it and got the tag. People are also buying out the AH and relisting everything 200-300% or more higher than its worth.

I'm set in and pretty well off for myself....but I can totally see how it would send new players away. My best advice, find a good chill guild, turn off world chat, and stick to either instances and/or offbeat questing zones/areas.

Ingameacc12345

Re: Present state of the community

Post by Ingameacc12345 » Mon Aug 07, 2023 2:45 pm

> stick to either instances and/or offbeat questing zones/areas.

The problem is there are none anymore. It's pretty disheartening and I'm hesitant to actually login anymore. As well as being HC and seeing the "xxxxx has left the guild" spam ("xxxxx" being a Chinese-sounding name).

Geojak
Has liked: 28 times

Post by Geojak » Mon Aug 07, 2023 3:36 pm

It's always been toxic especially at the top end and in pvp.

Seeseebee

Post by Seeseebee » Tue Aug 08, 2023 1:27 am

just logged in to barren again this morning, seems alot better.

during last weekend its unbearable. ppl just give up and stood there to spawn camp the thing they needed.