Gnomeregan is mine!

Paw

Gnomeregan is mine!

Post by Paw » Sun Apr 02, 2023 1:22 pm

Going through the rubble he found a dusty but magically sealed mana journal, property of certain Phillis Philange. As a sorcerer of the Kirin Tor he found his way to its memories albeit not that easily.

Gnomeregan is mine!

- Volume I

"My name reads Phillis Reelcog Philange Rubick. Master enchanter of the gnomish city Regan. This is the hour of the evening dinneritmeh... "I mean" dinnertime and so it feels that I'm becoming demented as well. I manage to keep myself in check somehow but cannot say this in the name of many living here. For generations long this the most polluted air level due to the machinery that under better circumstances provide with hygene, comfort and safety. We transcended a certain technological level we aren't prepared for thus by the time of my writing this page half if or not more our populace dropped in their mental health leaving them forgetful, irritated and disconnected. Kunis... is a leading figure of gnomish society who past my door just a second ago rushing toward the canteen roaring "Showtime!" barely being able to keep the pace of his legs one after the other. His case is borderline extreme but it describes the situation right. Such is the state of our community that keeps spreading like jelly on an ogre's sandwitch."

- Volume III - P. P.
"I was raised in human lands by hands of my relatives who have been serving a wishful royal bloodline that pride themselves on wizarding, scribing and having many historians among them. My family's duty to this day remained tending to their lawn and garden, guarding the surrounding areas and occasionally clearing the forest. Heating, cleaning and maintaining their mansion and other settlements by artificial hands to prepare and program accordingly. I could digress further but the parchment wouldn't be enough for the list if I went through every scrub of detail. Not to mention that I am not even nearly as knowledgeable on the matter as the headmaster. The household provided our lineage enchanting tutoring after many generations of servitude as their boon. Thus by the time of my writing this journal our name gained a certain reputation in the field."

He picked a pen from his satchel out of curiosity.

Volume VII - Hannes Mint
"What purpose does this journal serve?"
"That is yet to be seen. It colors different at different times!" - an answer arrived.

- Volume IV - Milo Rubick
"Bonk... bonk... bonk.. creak and the sound of the wall shattered. Dug through underground from wherever they were coming from. Poured out of the wall craveces. Slow and undignifying cretins but... as they lifted their hands to strike... movements swift and fast as lightnin'! The handicap from our already weakened state proved enormous..."

Volume VI - P.P. - The four main principles of Enchanting
[This section was forming new words as he read through the pages.]
Last edited by Paw on Fri Oct 13, 2023 9:11 am, edited 46 times in total.

Grin

Re: Gnomeregan is mine!

Post by Grin » Sun Jul 16, 2023 1:25 pm

Back to the top

Albeit not that easily.. He was a kirintorian but as it goes pain still counts as pain and the touch of the covers as he straightened back up struck him motionless in agony. Suddenly his fingers loosened and the pain as well as the book fell. "It... What it was? Can't be that I.." Duck and catch. He knew that in order to unlock the mysteries lie beneath this is the way to go. "At first glance it felt like searing fire but I can feel it's different. Started at my hand and rapidly spread through my veins, tainting the very flesh and bones." - one as headstrong as him his mind remained intact from the corruption not many of his organs however. The momentum felt like eternity even though the event itself left the holder wonder if time does exist anymore. "Necrosis." The one thought that came to his mind which referred to a spell cast by magi who dwell within the dark recesses of witchcraft. However the people he knew of using this spell were the Cult of the Damned but those people if you can call them that had no business with the gnome capital whatsoever. Certain others may invoke the spell but what would they want to achieve in a technological construction he stopped and pondered while infinity took its effect executing him. "Instant aging. The shadowy spell cast by warlocks to drain you dry, leave you behind a lump of bones and ash for corpse. But it ain't so simple!" - one of his mentors' motto popped in his mind. "I feel a sense of kinship to this book. What if the sealing enchantment was cast by friendly intentions. The only other I can think of capable... the bronze dragonflight... and if that is true then I must take the bullet." The very next moment the front page opened in his hands.

Volume VI - P.P. - The four main principles of enchanting

"Calm your mind and think of the item in question! Feel its purity and focus on the purpose it shall serve in the future! Materialize the required supplies and start the coating. This is the main idea basically for any enchantment but to do so one requires the balance of thought, elemental proportions and their status within society kinda. I'm not making much sense but its a journal afterall. So the next item on the list would be if you can master the craft and which branch you shall start that which I introduce you to. Humans tend to take the class for the daily enchanting course. The other three are the sunset, dawn and moon if I recall the names correctly. They refer to the four seasons basically. It's been a while I visited scholarship. Elves and dwarves for the first two of those and the third varies tremendously. Us gnomes we learn them all usually but find it struggling to practice them and reach higher levels unless one takes their advancement seriously but then the limit is the sky since us gnome folk are in-geneious...

Paw

Re: Gnomeregan is mine!

Post by Paw » Wed Jul 19, 2023 2:23 pm

Volume XXI - H.T.G.M. - Dormitory guidelines

"Shall a debate occur about residency the following rules must be kept:
-Shorts you are the closest to the ground level. Talls on top. Wides center.
-Higher intellectial quota decide their position on level of stay.
-Families and individuals separated."
"Ground levels keep tidiest. Mid section focus on training! High perch plans the future."
"Only caretaking personell stay during duty hours."

"From the look of it this book contains memories from the time before the city was overrun and the gnomes were driven out of their homes. I either read on or ask more questions but then she might get angry and I have time. Better not to disturb the still water! She has only limited amount of opportunities to answer that's how it goes when mana is involved. I'll save that possibility for later. One question still bugs me however: How the heck do you lose your journal at the loo?" Looking around the tightly arranged zone, as they call it hygene compartment he found all kinds of neccessities ranging from shower stalls to ExtraSensitiveRadioactiveDepollutantDevices. Shelves were filled with all kinds of chemicals. The room was so desanatised that the troggs had to leave it empty. "So the 'hing is im accustomed to living in secluded areas but this place requires some handling on my part if I am to set camp to read further." Casting the portal inside the city was a combined effort of the dalaran mages so it happens that him personally barely lost his strength during the procedure. However the leper did take a toll on his body that poisoned the entire complexum. Such as the dwarven body structute, endurance, stamina and robust masculanity wasn't even enough to withstand the corruption. Ever since he arrived he had to exert his stoneform abilitity but it was for a good reason he was chosen to accomplish this mission. It was partially due to his race's stallwart titan-like stamina and his personal perseverance. The quest came from the gnomes of Ironforge since their claim to the city have not ceased. As they accumulated enough rescources to support a spying operation sent in an agent who, if most things went according to plan might very well turn the tides in their favour. His task was not only to explore, even though that was where he excelled as a sorcerer, he was tasked to retrive certain items. Gnomish formulas for advanced weaponry that was under developement. As it was mentioned before in the journal their technological advancement was overwhelming but nay only accomodation-, or communication-wise but on the field of battle akin. At the time the reanimated dead and the demonic army roamed the lands and inflicted terror but the list went on. The orcs' advancement wasn't to be trifled with either nor many other fierce enemies'. The gnomes were not so easily threatened however. They came up with plans one after the other. Provided their capital's relative safety by the distance from the more threathening legions of evil they had time to think up counter measures for what the human, dw4rven, gnomish and elven alliance was facing. However mostly were swiftly implemented thus ineffective in the long run and many more unfinished when the unexpected trogg menace arrived. "So the quest is to retrieve the formulas but this journal looks funny." The journal yet again moved on its own accord. It shut closed. "No fair!"