Fashion Houses: Transmogrification

Torta

Fashion Houses: Transmogrification

Post by Torta » Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:20 pm

We’re happy to introduce a new upcoming feature for Turtle WoW: Transmogrification.

How does it work?

1. Find your local Fashionista in the following cities:
  • Felicia in Stormwind
  • Herrina in Orgrimmar
2. Gather the required materials and complete a weekly quest to earn Fashion Coin, which are the currency for the clothing modifications in the Fashion House. Every 10 levels the quest objective changes to diversify the challenge. You can also buy the coins via Speedy’s Shop.

3. Place the item you want to use as a template in your main bag and talk to the Fashionista, pick the item you want to adapt and enjoy your new fancy look! You can reset an item's look any time you want, it does not require a Fashion Coin.

4. Right now modifications are limited to the same armor type. We are considering removing this limitation at a later point if nothing speaks against it. Some of the custom guild sets are not available for transmogrification, that’s a bug which will be fixed in the future. If you encounter this problem, please report it in this thread.

Update will be available next week.

I remind you that we also have Barbeshops: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=481

Realnicolbolas

Re: Fashion Houses: Transmogrification

Post by Realnicolbolas » Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:32 pm

Would an option for purchasing "item templates" be a possibility? (essentially buying patterns for specific gear pieces that are usually BOP/Class specific/PVP or PVE rewards to be used as Transmog material) I'd love to see this in order to create more varied Transmog/Roleplay outfits for characters, as usually Characters are limited to whatever gear they can directly acquire for Roleplay outfits. Maybe use these "fashion coins" you described or Lofty Gold prices (fancier transmogs like Raid tier pieces for example could maybe cost 1-10 gold depending on tier) As personally i'd love to transmog my outfit into specific PVP gear from different factions or classes to create interesting combinations!

Torta

Post by Torta » Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:43 pm

Realnicolbolas wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:32 pm
Would an option for purchasing "item templates" be a possibility?
There're a few Dressing Boxes available in game. Some are the donation rewards, some are for in-game gold.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=642
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=132

Arraya

Post by Arraya » Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:54 pm

Is the transmog per item, or per slot?

Torta

Post by Torta » Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:11 pm

Per item.

Owondyah

Post by Owondyah » Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:19 pm

good work

Usually i'm all over "against button" regarding this feature, but if there is one realm that suits it, it's this one.

Gonna check it out, but I doubt I'll be all over it yet :)
Mah YahTuhbe stuffz (TW related content included)

Have you VOTED today?

OWONDYAH armory link

Chirpy

Post by Chirpy » Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:02 pm

I'm for it as long as it helps support the server financially in some way.
Romanov

Owondyah

Post by Owondyah » Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:39 am

Chirpy wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:02 pm
i don't think this is intended to financially support the server... there are already outfits in the cash shop doing that

Have you VOTED today?

OWONDYAH armory link

Chirpy

Post by Chirpy » Tue Mar 17, 2020 4:53 pm

Owondyah wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:39 am
Chirpy wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:02 pm
i don't think this is intended to financially support the server... there are already outfits in the cash shop doing that
This is totally the type of thing that should be used to financially support the server. It doesn't provide a gameplay advantage in any way. If it's not intended for that, okay..... just voicing my opinion that these types of offerings are good ways of supporting the server as they aren't gamebreaking.
Romanov

Torta

Post by Torta » Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:15 pm

Transmogrification NPCs are now placed in Stormwind and Orgrimmar. The Apprentice's quest is a weekly repeatable, requirements are different for each level bracket. Fashion Coins are also available at Speedy's. Safe travels and be in style!

Some of the custom roleplay items of Turtle WoW are not available yet for transmogrification. It will be eventually fixed.

Owondyah

Post by Owondyah » Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:23 pm

Burnt Leather Breeches can't be transmogged... not like anyone will do them, but... you said I report it. I was just testing it and happened to have that item for such purpose, only to find out it doesn't work.

Have you VOTED today?

OWONDYAH armory link

Chilltools

Post by Chilltools » Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:37 pm

3 X Righteous orbs I can't even get my hands on 1 of them if this is what it needed to start it then I won't put in money to buy the coins. Have a nice day.

Torta

Post by Torta » Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:45 pm

Chilltools wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:37 pm
3 X Righteous orbs I can't even get my hands on 1 of them if this is what it needed to start it then I won't put in money to buy the coins. Have a nice day.
Yes, I like you too.

The quest you're mentioning is very optional. The main weekly repeatable quest is available at Fashionista's Apprentice. You farm some items around the world and bring some cloth. Each level bracket (1-10, 11-20, etc) has its own requirements for quest completion.

Chilltools

Post by Chilltools » Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:21 am

I don't think you understand if I buy coins how do I use them start a level 1 toon is it character-based or account like I said if I buy coins and don't have 3 x righteous orbs to start the transmog then ?

Torta

Post by Torta » Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:25 am

You don't need orbs to start transmog. It's optional. Once you have a new piece of armor, place it in your main bag and speak to the NPC. You will see additional menu options, if item fits the requirements (class, type, material).

Kazgrim

Post by Kazgrim » Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:39 pm

I think at the very least, cloth and leather should be interchangeable, as well as mail and plate, for when xmogging.
Chieftain of the Dreadskull Clan
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=552

Check out my patches in the modding section!
viewforum.php?f=29

Torta

Post by Torta » Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:29 am

Requirements for level 60 "Fashion Demands Sacrifices" have been lowered. You no longer need to farm 5 Emeralds. Bring one Golden Pearl instead!

Owondyah

Post by Owondyah » Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:14 pm

Kazgrim wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:39 pm
I think at the very least, cloth and leather should be interchangeable, as well as mail and plate, for when xmogging.
yea... somehow that makes sense.

Cloth to plate would be total bullcrap RPwise... plate wearing priests duhhh turtle_tongue

Have you VOTED today?

OWONDYAH armory link

Aurorae

Post by Aurorae » Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:37 pm

Plate wearing priests, aka paladins turtle_tongue

Ty for this sweet new feature! I wasn't sure about it initially but I do like the limited implementation.

Dvke

Post by Dvke » Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:05 am

Where is Felicia in stormwind????' i don't find she..... unhappy_turtle

Torta

Post by Torta » Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:41 am

She's next to the Guild Registrations house :)

Nebby

Post by Nebby » Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:23 pm

For anyone who's wondering, the Orgrimmar transmogrification NPCs can be found next to the tailoring trainers in The Drag.

Ezuba

Post by Ezuba » Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:33 pm

Messed around with the options some yesterday. Noticed that a weapon labeled main hand cant be transmogged to look like a weapon labeled 1 handed. Same is true that a weapon labeled 1 handed can't be transmogged into a weapon labeled main hand. Intentional?

-Astrld
Astrld — 60 Nightelf Rogue
Nachichi — 60 Nightelf Priest
Snapcaster — 60 Gnome Mage
Tazri — 60 Human Warrior
Rafiq — 59 Human Paladin

Torta

Post by Torta » Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:43 pm

Ezuba wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:33 pm
Messed around with the options some yesterday. Noticed that a weapon labeled main hand cant be transmogged to look like a weapon labeled 1 handed. Same is true that a weapon labeled 1 handed can't be transmogged into a weapon labeled main hand. Intentional?

-Astrld
It was not planned, but I see no problems with it.

Ezuba

Post by Ezuba » Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:50 pm

Torta wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:43 pm
Ezuba wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:33 pm

-Astrld
It was not planned, but I see no problems with it.
My dreams of dual-wielding The Butcher are crushed! Back to the drawing board :D
Astrld — 60 Nightelf Rogue
Nachichi — 60 Nightelf Priest
Snapcaster — 60 Gnome Mage
Tazri — 60 Human Warrior
Rafiq — 59 Human Paladin

Windwalker

Post by Windwalker » Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:04 am

I have a question. Does transmog bind the item? Ex.: I like Acolyte's Sacrificial Robes, and I'd love to have it on my nelf priest. But it's a forsaken priest quest reward. So, can I somehow get it? (Make some other robe look like it and trade it afterwards?)

Torta

Post by Torta » Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:07 pm

Windwalker wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:04 am
I have a question. Does transmog bind the item? Ex.: I like Acolyte's Sacrificial Robes, and I'd love to have it on my nelf priest. But it's a forsaken priest quest reward. So, can I somehow get it? (Make some other robe look like it and trade it afterwards?)
Hello :) No, it's not possible!

Korkis

Post by Korkis » Tue Apr 14, 2020 6:57 am

Please, for clarification. The [Item of Super Stats] should be equipped, and the [Nice looking item] should be in the main bag, correct? Or vice-versa? I did it trial-and-error, and managed to have Winter Veil Boots looking ugly, but then I forget what was where.

Also, does material matter (cloth, leather etc)? City guard sets are all cloth IIRC, and I presume shop sets are as well

Sinrek

Post by Sinrek » Sun May 24, 2020 1:13 am

Since we have Fashionistas (fem.) for Fashion Coins I think it's only fair to have some stylists (assumably male counterpart) in Ironforge, Undercity, Darnassus and Thunder Bluff. Ok, Tauren could be left with just another girl for the task since it's mostly their work in their culture.

So Stylists!

Ironforge could use a Stylist right next to the Tailor trainer and named Ratep Chalek accompanied by a gnome apprentice named Dinckle Merryam. (no id, but surely must look fabulous)

Darnassus; Robe Merchant Anadyia at Tradesmen's terrace got a vacant space for a Stylist and his apprentice. Raylethir and Kubo accordingly. (Rageclaw and Sargath appearance would fit these two nicely!)

Undercity; WIP

Thunder Bluff; WIP

If someone got some suggestions - feel free to drop a comment.
satisfied_turtle Slowly turtling my way up.

Polishedham

Post by Polishedham » Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:48 am

Can class tier sets be transmoged on all classes that use the same armor type?

Sinrek

Post by Sinrek » Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:50 am

If you will have enough Fashion Coins. Sure.
satisfied_turtle Slowly turtling my way up.

Supremorie

Post by Supremorie » Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:56 pm

I'm still a little new here so I might be asking a stupid question, but the item sets that are available to purchase with fashion coins (eg. the Sentinel set) - does that cost coins to apply each time? I saw that some of them are dressing boxes, but are ALL of them? Thanks, sorry!
Yaelira Oakheart | Sentinel Lyshaera Amberglave | Narai Blackscribe
Xiaji'fon
Feel free to interact ICly if you see me!

Dragunovi

Post by Dragunovi » Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:43 am

Yes, each piece costs a Fashion Coin to transmog.
Sometimes makes items, feel free to query on Discord for questions!

Loupoker

Post by Loupoker » Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:40 pm

It is dead?
YA FOOLZ! Ya Don't Understand! Da fashion amputation iz da next evolutionary step in body modification!

Gheor

Post by Gheor » Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:50 am

Loupoker wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:40 pm
It is dead?
For now yes, we are working on bringing it back.
-
Narrative Design for Turtle WoW