The Burning Legion

Rukopashka

The Burning Legion

Post by Rukopashka » Mon Feb 20, 2023 9:10 am

Greetings fellow WoW players,

As we journey through the world of Azeroth in World of Warcraft, we encounter many different factions and enemies, but none quite as significant or as threatening as the Burning Legion. The Burning Legion is a group of powerful demons that serve as the primary antagonists throughout much of WoW's lore, and they were first introduced in the vanilla version of the game. In this post, I would like to discuss the history and significance of the Burning Legion in vanilla WoW and how it has shaped the game's storyline.

The Burning Legion was created by Sargeras, a fallen titan who was once the protector of the universe. Sargeras became disillusioned with his role and decided to create the Burning Legion as a means of cleansing the universe of all life. The Burning Legion is made up of countless demons, each with their own abilities and powers. They are an incredibly powerful force, and their goal is to destroy all life in the universe.

In vanilla WoW, the Burning Legion served as the ultimate threat to the world of Azeroth. They were responsible for the opening of the Dark Portal, which allowed the orcish Horde to invade Azeroth. The Burning Legion also played a significant role in the invasion of the Burning Steppes, where they were attempting to summon their leader, Archimonde, into the world. The Burning Legion's presence was felt throughout the game, and their influence was seen in many of the game's quests and storylines.

The Burning Legion was not just a faceless enemy, however. Within the Legion were many different demons and demonic races, each with their own motivations and goals. The dreadlords, for example, were powerful demon lords who specialized in manipulation and deceit. They were responsible for corrupting the orcish Horde and causing them to invade Azeroth. The pit lords, on the other hand, were massive, hulking demons that were responsible for leading the Burning Legion's armies into battle.

The Burning Legion's presence also had a significant impact on other factions and characters in the game. The corrupted orcs of the Horde, for example, were under the influence of the Burning Legion, and their actions played a significant role in the game's storyline. The demon hunters of the Illidari were another group that was heavily influenced by the Burning Legion, as they were created specifically to fight against the demons that threatened Azeroth.

Although the Burning Legion's storyline has evolved over time and has been expanded upon in later expansions of the game, it was in vanilla WoW where the Legion served as the ultimate threat to Azeroth. Their presence was felt throughout the game, and their influence on the game's storyline was significant. As we continue to journey through Azeroth, it is important to remember the impact that the Burning Legion had on the world we are exploring.

What are your thoughts on the Burning Legion in vanilla WoW? Did you enjoy the storyline, or did you find it to be too overwhelming?

Geojak
Has liked: 8 times

Re: The Burning Legion: The Ultimate Threat of Vanilla WoW

Post by Geojak » Mon Feb 20, 2023 10:31 am

With archimonde beaten in warcraft 3 and relatively recently, kiljeaden is the next burning legion General to beat in our twow timeline.

I think if outland is ever introduced as it is rumored, I think it would make most sense to have kiljeaden in some way play a role with illidiam

Paw

Post by Paw » Mon Jul 17, 2023 12:36 pm

It will be if someone decides to build on that storyline without proper consideration but as of now Legion is just a sleeping agent. Their threat has been quelled after Archimonde and the battle of Mount Hyjal. The Scourge is on the rise which does connect to the legion in a way if you get the deeper understanding on the premise.

Aletius

Post by Aletius » Mon Jul 17, 2023 1:36 pm

I would say that the ultimate threat to Azeroth are the Old Gods, maybe the Void Lords but i dont know how much of lore are behind that manwhile old gods are known of existeance.

Also agree than after Archimonde defeat in Reing of Chaos, TFT focused on how the LK and the scourge are the primal threat. Unless we take expansions and comics that came after w3 TFT, i would say to focus on them first and then lets go seeing what Illidan is doing on Outlands which, may not be a bad thing as they made on TBC to make him the known big baddie of the game...