Macroing Inner Focus

Tamlan

Macroing Inner Focus

Post by Tamlan » Fri Jul 14, 2023 12:02 am

Hello Turtle Priest Community!

I have a question about Inner Focus and how to include it in macros.
All the information I have found about classic macroing says that you can including multiple spells that don't set a global cooldown (IF does not) in a chain macro. So for example, the following macro should work:
/cast Inner Focus
/cast Power Word: Shield
This exact macro works in later versions of the client, but it doesn't seem to work with Turtle.
When executed, the Inner Focus fires, but the PWS does not and there is an error message on the screen that says,

"Another action is in progress"

Apparently the Inner Focus blocks the execution of the /cast PWS line.
I saw that some variations of this macro type required the use of stopcasting between then two invocations:
/cast Inner Focus
/run SpellStopCasting() -- /stopcasting doesn't seem to work
/cast Power Word: Shield
But this macro just fires the PWS and apparently aborts the Inner Focus invocation.

So my question is, is there any way to use the Turtle client to make this sort of macro work? I love IF but I don't always remember to use it before casting big-ticket spells so I'm looking for a lazy way to make sure I get my money's worth out of it.

Thanks! /hugs
"How, my love? How will I find the strength to face the ages of the world without you by my side..."

Baess

Re: Macroing Inner Focus

Post by Baess » Fri Jul 14, 2023 4:11 pm

In the old 1.12 client, which turtle uses, it is 1 action per button press sadly.

You can make this work, maybe someone more familiar with the old syntax can help

Or you could get a macro addon like roidMacro or SuperMacro and maybe try something like

If not buffed(inner focus) CastSpellByName("inner focus") else CastSpellByName("Power Word:Shield") end.

Ofc, make sure you have the spelling of the spells correct
Caestielle (Hagreth/Litestep HC)

Ibux
Has liked: 8 times

Post by Ibux » Fri Jul 14, 2023 6:10 pm

you could use this macro. but you might have to change 29 depending on what id Inner Focus got in your spellbook:

Code: Select all

/run if GetSpellCooldown(29,'spell')==0 then CastSpellByName("Inner Focus") else CastSpellByName("Power Word: Shield")end
you can check what spell id Inner Focus got if you use this macro:

/run for id = 1, 180, 1 do local spellName, subSpellName = GetSpellName(id, SpellBookFrame.bookType);if spellName and string.find(spellName, "Inner Focus", 1, true) then ChatFrame1:AddMessage("ID is "..id, 1.0, 1.0, 0.5); end; end;
you can also use a macro like this if you get the roid macro addon:

/cast [nocooldown:Inner_Focus] Inner Focus; Power Word: Shield

Getplucked

Post by Getplucked » Fri Jul 14, 2023 6:20 pm

Even if the action is off the GCD, macros in the 1.12 client can only perform 1 action per button press. So yeah, you have to press the button twice.

Ibux
Has liked: 8 times

Post by Ibux » Fri Jul 14, 2023 6:38 pm

Getplucked wrote:
Fri Jul 14, 2023 6:20 pm
Even if the action is off the GCD, macros in the 1.12 client can only perform 1 action per button press. So yeah, you have to press the button twice.
yep yep. i didn't mean you could use it to perform more then 1 action per press. just another method to do the macro.

Tamlan

Post by Tamlan » Mon Jul 17, 2023 12:56 am

Thanks all for the quick info!

One cast per press isn't so bad, I guess. I'll just need to train the muscle memory to double-tap on my big spells.
"How, my love? How will I find the strength to face the ages of the world without you by my side..."

Getplucked

Post by Getplucked » Mon Jul 17, 2023 1:01 am

Yeah Paladins run into the same issue when making Judgement macros. Even though Judgement is off the GCD, we still have to press the macro twice to judge + re-apply seal. It's really annoying.