Make Sunken Temple Class Quests Repeatable!

Withinamnesia

Make Sunken Temple Class Quests Repeatable!

Post by Withinamnesia » Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:39 pm

LET US EARN ALL OF THE ITEMS!

We can already do all of the race only class quests; I'm looking at you Warrior smithing armour!

Make these dungeon class quests repeatable so we can earn all of these good items (lots of great items to start end game with, LOTS OF HIT GEAR amazing for starting raids with):
https://classic.wowhead.com/quest=8418/ ... mightstone
https://classic.wowhead.com/quest=8413/da-voodoo
https://classic.wowhead.com/quest=9053/ ... ingredient
https://classic.wowhead.com/quest=8422/ ... -a-feather
https://classic.wowhead.com/quest=8257/blood-of-morphaz
https://classic.wowhead.com/quest=8253/destroy-morphaz
https://classic.wowhead.com/quest=8236/the-azure-key
https://classic.wowhead.com/quest=8232/the-green-drake
https://classic.wowhead.com/quest=8425/voodoo-feather

Who wants to pick one when you can earn them all?

Farm the Mightstone! Get all the Hit Plate, Get offspec gear! No more ghetto BRD and endgame start. More Sunken Temple Runs! Old Players Can Get More Rewards! Backwards Compatable! Foreward Thinking! Pre-raid help! Earn the trinket AND the weapon AND the armour! ANTI-CUCK XD (lol)

Let us earn all these items to start end game with!

Owondyah

Re: Make Sunken Temple Class Quests Repeatable!

Post by Owondyah » Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:29 am

i see this only helping the server...
Mah YahTuhbe stuffz (TW related content included)

Have you VOTED today?

OWONDYAH armory link

Torta
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Torta » Tue Mar 10, 2020 1:43 pm

I don't mind it. Could encourage people to run dungeon a few more times. What do others think?

Pompa

Post by Pompa » Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:46 pm

Torta wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 1:43 pm
I don't mind it. Could encourage people to run dungeon a few more times. What do others think?
It's a nope from me. There are more ways to get gear, this is not needed. Players need to take decisions, otherwise we'd need to make every gear quest repeteable.

Owondyah

Post by Owondyah » Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:36 pm

Pompa wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:46 pm
Torta wrote:
It's a nope from me. There are more ways to get gear, this is not needed. Players need to take decisions, otherwise we'd need to make every gear quest repeteable.
may I remind you that this server had epics blatantly given for wintrading.... now put this sentence back in past when I was raging about it so much that it made me leave?

I seriously don't see a harm but whatever... sometimes you just surprise me. Right now I see only BRD BRD BRD BRD BRD... would be refreshing to see someone doing lfm ST for something relevant to endgame. Having more diversity dungeon-wise can't harm on any way.

Have you VOTED today?

OWONDYAH armory link

Pompa

Post by Pompa » Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:29 pm

Owondyah wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:36 pm
Pompa wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:46 pm
Torta wrote:
may I remind you that this server had epics blatantly given for wintrading.... now put this sentence back in past when I was raging about it so much that it made me leave?

I seriously don't see a harm but whatever... sometimes you just surprise me. Right now I see only BRD BRD BRD BRD BRD... would be refreshing to see someone doing lfm ST for something relevant to endgame. Having more diversity dungeon-wise can't harm on any way.
That has nothing to do with the topic of this post and I don't want to bring back that closed and useless discussion from a year ago again. So please, stay on topic.

And if by epics you mean the people that managed to get epic PvP gear, well, they still needed MONTHS to get it (as they still need now) , and that matter has been addressed by clearly stating that we only allow real PvP battles and our turtles are behaving correctly nowadays.

Torta
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Torta » Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:36 pm

Please don't bring back already addressed matters and don't use the past to speculate about the present.

We should hear opinions of others first.

The items are pretty good. It's not our intention to turn TW into fun-server that is handing items for no effort.

Durnbrok

Post by Durnbrok » Wed Mar 11, 2020 12:12 pm

I dont think these quests should be repeatable,or atleast depending on how they are allowed to be repeated.
If you would have to do all the quests prior to the one that takes you to sunken temple then sure,cause it would make sense you farmed the materials needed created the mightstone(for example) then get the quest items from ST to "enchant" it to give it the on use effect of it.

But at the same time,there was a reason that you couldnt recieve those quest rewards over and over,just like in the low level areas where yo uare given grenade-like items,nets etc to save you in an emergency during your leveling adventures.So what should you be able to get really sticky glue,faintly glowing skull etc over and over?

I remember there was a similar discussion on these forums to spawn an npc that sold such item,the thing though his that items of similar On-use effects exist similar to the mightstone is the Consecrated sharpening stone.Also compare ST to BRD,blackrock depths drop Savage gladiator chain,Ironfoe,hand of justice,Hands of the exalted herald and many more BiS items.St only offers 2 epics that one is considered more of a toy item(Dragon's call) and an average quickly-to-be-replaced cloth chest piece.St runs happen,just not at the rate brd happens and that's understandable for all it offers.
Ret pally best pally!

Chilltools

Post by Chilltools » Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:25 pm

The main reason that I came here was due to Dodgy kebabs video. This is 1.13 and things should be different to other servers I'm a warrior with marshall/knight captain gear so warr rewards I have the flask but with that said if this was changed, I would have run ST 3 times for all the rewards if I was still leveling. But I understand pushing it too much.

Owondyah

Post by Owondyah » Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:13 am

these items wouldn't be handed for nothing. It's a proper dungeon run and the way you earned that one single reward out of three is the same exact way you would earn two others. No need to mention what it takes and how serious effort is needed to just get a group going here, especially for such low dung.

this has everything to do with those arena things as it shows you guys (staff) came up and did even "worse" ideas than this one.

This wouldn't break nothing, it would only help people and make server dungeon roster a bit more diverse, which again, is only a good thing.

This is one of those suggestion that are simply 10/10, and if there is any similar dungeon where this could be applied, it should be applied. Why passing on having diversity and the actual reasons to run different dungeons more than it's now?

Have you VOTED today?

OWONDYAH armory link

Withinamnesia

Post by Withinamnesia » Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:26 pm

Honestly I am not sure I want to be on a server that is the exact same as vanilla when it already has custom content.

The whole reason I came here was because I thought Turtle WoW could have new content and older content improved by the community. Even simple stuff like making a restrictive class quest repeatable to help end game a bit. For example BRD BRD BRD BRD BRD is all that most people can run on any given day; this is not WoW for the player has no choice.

I could be wrong and the server just has custom rp content and no plans to help end game and raiding. Although I temper my points coming off of raiding everything to death in Vanilla wow (bis warrior) I hoped that there would be interesting content here, extra endgame content, repeatable quests for restrictive items (these class quest items, the naxx ap stones etc.).

For a player like myself there is not much left to experience in Vanilla. I have played wow for over a decade and vanilla for 5 years and that is why I am here to experience something new and to also try and advise some improvements with shortcoming in vanilla. Although I have flooded the forums with suggestions; (good or bad) I did try to start dialog and engage in constructive community discussion.

I am quite busy in my life now (building family houses, running a business, working on my own RPG and 3D tank game) and I can start to see myself fading away from World of Warcraft. I have many ideas and designs and concepts for small easy to implement tweaks to add more value for the player to vanilla WoW although I do not know if I can have the time of day to work on any of them. I cannot host my own server for I live in Canada and I would get sued and more over if I did it would be much like Turtle WoW, a Vanilla +. So I hope to give content to people who can host a vanilla + server and for people who do have the time to spend to properly run a server.

I have the Duskwood Catacombs Dungeon that I am working on and I am whittling away at that in my spare time. I really want to add a neutral content patch to give to people who host a proper Vanilla+ server, although I see that I do not have the time to run a server. Yet I can probably just make a content patch and let the greater private server community muck around with it XD. I want to make WoW content worth playing (as I have for my Baldur's Gate content patch) while I still have the spare time.

With that said I do not know where I will end up; that is what makes life interesting. Although I wish Turtle WoW the best and maybe later I can release the Duskwood dungeon patch. To be honest I want to kill KT one more time for the 65th time although on Turtle WoW yet.. The way the end game here is and the stagnation and lack of raiding guilds I may not be able to do this goal.

In a small part I want Turtle WoW to be unique and an improved vanilla to give new and old players a reason to come here; something fresh and new. Yet vanilla WoW has a standard of quality that any dev worth their salt must to meet and or exceed in order to keep players (or die out like retail). An improved endgame experience would go a long way to keep max level players and to draw in new player to join. Everyone wants fun, fresh and engaging content.

Beware survivor bias. The players that TWoW has are a small fraction of this server's potential. Although it does not matter what the hosts and ourselves think, what matters is what is done. WoW was designed for massive amounts of players with around 2,000 active players on a server to keep the world small. 2,000 active players is small for WoW; the world gameplay suffers with 3,000+ players. The world is designed for around 2,000 players; especially endgame raiding. Without a significant active endgame player population is World of Warcraft really even World of Warcraft?