Suggestion: Back to x1 Rates?

Torta

Suggestion: Back to x1 Rates?

Post by Torta » Wed Mar 04, 2020 4:08 pm

Greetings, lovely turtles!

In an effort to bring more players, I was thinking to remove our progressive rates system and leave x1 rates by default. I believe it will paint server more friendly for new players and will do good to server's population in a long term.

What do you think about this?

Hardcore Mode would remain optional, with x0.5 rates as it is now, with rewards :)

Firevulcan

Re: Suggestion: back to x1 rates?

Post by Firevulcan » Wed Mar 04, 2020 4:12 pm

I think that speeding up a little the leveling part of the game will be beneficial to new players (aka turning back to x1 rates). It's not like you're removing the extra quests you guys have implemented ^_^
Last edited by Firevulcan on Wed Mar 04, 2020 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Qixel

Re: Suggestion: back to x1 rates?

Post by Qixel » Wed Mar 04, 2020 4:15 pm

I believe this can only help. The .7x-.9x exp rates didn't actually change much, but the perception put off lots of people. Vanilla is already incredibly grindy. If people want it to be more, then hardcore and exhaustion are both great options for them.

Matt

Re: Suggestion: Back to x1 Rates?

Post by Matt » Wed Mar 04, 2020 4:21 pm

Yeah.I agree with doing the rates x1.
Matt/Jeff

Qixel

Post by Qixel » Wed Mar 04, 2020 4:28 pm

In fact, perhaps adding rewards to the exhaustion glyph, too, might be a good compromise for those who prefer the path slower. Less than the hardcore one, obviously, but something that could stack on top, perhaps.

Torta

Post by Torta » Wed Mar 04, 2020 4:33 pm

Exhaustion Glyph is not modifying the experience calculation.
It's a plain item that can be used to reset your rested state.

Have no thoughts what could be given in return?...

Qixel

Post by Qixel » Wed Mar 04, 2020 4:35 pm

Ah, I never used it, so I just assumed it made it so you couldn't gain rested exp and removed any you had, aha. Would have suggested some small rewards every twenty levels, perhaps, but if it's different than the hardcore one in terms of function, no need.

Khazvarg

Post by Khazvarg » Wed Mar 04, 2020 5:10 pm

As someone that is just coming back to leveling I would definitively agree with this change.
Khazvarg Wildhammer
Dwarf Warrior
"Ancestors guide me"

Snigery

Post by Snigery » Wed Mar 04, 2020 5:15 pm

My concern would be in what other aspects would these players want to see Blizzlike rates? I was drawn here by the appeal that this server was willing to do something different for the sake of an improved and unique experience, one that emphasized the Vanilla game world and not end-game content or stats or grind.

I personally found the Vanilla game itself a far greater barrier than the slower leveling rate. I have died many more times than I would like to admit. Isn't there different rates for mob grinding vs quest rewards? I thought this was a really great system when I read about it. I don't know if that was out-dated, but I didn't notice much lacking in the game so far.

Perhaps offer increased exp glyph for someone who wants 1x rates? Let them be drawn by the uniqueness of the server as it is, and then offer the 1x rates glyph?

Dpk

Post by Dpk » Wed Mar 04, 2020 5:28 pm

I am good with 1x rates and believe it might encourage others to play. If you want a slower pace and some rewards choose hardcore. If you want a faster pace go survival and rest up with tent parties. If you want both then great!

-Ashana the dead mage

Chirpy

Post by Chirpy » Wed Mar 04, 2020 6:32 pm

Yes back to x1 please.
Romanov

Badling

Post by Badling » Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:27 pm

I never minded the progressive rates, but i belive that 1x and the option to go hardcore will still give that slower option

Or perhaps even toggle progressive rates even (if its worth the trouble to add as an option).

Will the extra levels to get full exp be kept on quests? i quite like that myself, since you can run lower level areas and still get rewards.

The "yes the exp rates are slightly lowered" that i have said many times do probably turn off a few new people to be sure, can't tell you how many however

Perhaps even a 2x option, some people like me somehow joined turtle server with the only goal of running dungeons and making friends! insidious_turtle

/Smultron
Last edited by Badling on Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rudi2

Post by Rudi2 » Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:27 pm

I’m in favour of x1. But I’d like for progressive rates to be an option for individuals who’d like to be completionists for the game for their faction, alongside Hardcore in Speedy’s dialogue.

Torta

Post by Torta » Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:51 pm

Rudi2 wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:27 pm
I’m in favour of x1. But I’d like for progressive rates to be an option for individuals who’d like to be completionists for the game for their faction, alongside Hardcore in Speedy’s dialogue.
Hardcore Mode alone + Exhaustion tweaks are enough, honestly. From the technical perspective it's not worth the work to make a completely new mode which will be used by one or two people.

Torta

Post by Torta » Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:53 pm

Badling wrote:

Will the extra levels to get full exp be kept on quests?
Yes. Questing > grinding.

Sinrek

Post by Sinrek » Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:51 pm

With all the tools available to normal stats (progressive) levellers I see no point to increase XP gain any further. We'll make more quests anyway so there will be no need for grinding XP.

Whatever you do, let me have my precious Loremaster's Glyph and Exhaustion one. No XP is a treasure as well, since I use it for instances.

0.5 XP rates is my everything I ever wanted. Besides transmog, that is. PLZ
satisfied_turtle Slowly turtling my way up.

Waremtae

Post by Waremtae » Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:57 pm

Rate should be at least 1x as standard.

Supremorie

Post by Supremorie » Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:22 pm

I exclusively play hardcore across all my characters, but I think 1x rates would be really helpful. I choose hardcore in part because with 0.7x exp already, I didn't see a reason not to choose hardcore for the rewards. There's a very high likelihood I'd level an alt 'normally' if the rates went back.
Yaelira Oakheart | Sentinel Lyshaera Amberglave | Narai Blackscribe
Xiaji'fon
Feel free to interact ICly if you see me!

Choogroovy

Post by Choogroovy » Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:31 pm

Howdy, Chucknorris here. Fine to go to x1 rates. Hardcore option for those who enjoy questing has worked groovily for me.

Firevulcan

Post by Firevulcan » Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:48 pm

Badling wrote:
Or perhaps even toggle progressive rates even (if its worth the trouble to add as an option). [...]

[...] Perhaps even a 2x option, some people like me somehow joined turtle server with the only goal of running dungeons and making friends! insidious_turtle

/Smultron
I think that this is a really good idea! I have a bunch of friends who want to play here with the goal of running dungeons/raids!
Add transmog too to make @Smultron happy while you're at it, heh satisfied_turtle

Nythus

Post by Nythus » Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:47 am

Yeah x1 rates is a good choice

Axoc

Post by Axoc » Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:04 am

Badling wrote:

Perhaps even a 2x option, some people like me somehow joined turtle server with the only goal of running dungeons and making friends! insidious_turtle

/Smultron
This would be cool.
YES to 1x change.

Reidforspeed

Post by Reidforspeed » Thu Mar 05, 2020 2:08 am

Firevulcan wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:48 pm
Badling wrote:
Or perhaps even toggle progressive rates even (if its worth the trouble to add as an option). [...]

[...] Perhaps even a 2x option, some people like me somehow joined turtle server with the only goal of running dungeons and making friends! insidious_turtle

/Smultron
I think that this is a really good idea! I have a bunch of friends who want to play here with the goal of running dungeons/raids!
Add transmog too to make @Smultron happy while you're at it, heh satisfied_turtle
Yes please try to integrate transmog somehow. Nothing breaks character for me more than having to constantly switch gear when leveling just to not die fighting mobs my level (assuming im not attacked first, then i gota run away and change again).

Aurorae

Post by Aurorae » Thu Mar 05, 2020 2:40 am

I'd support moving to 1x rate as well! Thanks for asking the community for feedback :)

Realnicolbolas

Post by Realnicolbolas » Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:04 am

Wait a minute... XP rates were lowered
YES YES YES! Do turn them back to x1! i don't get to play very often and when i do i do not want the last stage of my leveling to take longer!

Firz

Post by Firz » Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:23 am

I'm new here and choose hardcore path however I didn't even know that the rates are different.

In my opinion main problem lies in lack of adverts around the internet.
I just found you because I was looking for PvE server and then later on I discovered all those cool features.
Mohawk - Troll Hunter

Breidr

Post by Breidr » Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:36 am

Firz wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:23 am
I'm new here and choose hardcore path however I didn't even know that the rates are different.

In my opinion main problem lies in lack of adverts around the internet.
I just found you because I was looking for PvE server and then later on I discovered all those cool features.
Similar situation here, but I knew about the new features and that's what drew me here. Was not even aware of the progressive rates. I will always choose the hardcore path, but I can see getting rid of the changed rates otherwise. I didn't even know they were changed and this could prevent future confusion as most folks aren't like me.
Brandal Millbridge - Hedge Wizard

Torta

Post by Torta » Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:32 am

Looks like the majority stands for x1 :)

Tirsh

Post by Tirsh » Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:45 am

I really like the slower leveling speed of hardcore, but since that option is there the standard rate should be at least 1x imo - for leveling alts and such.

Remez

Post by Remez » Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:48 pm

Yes go to 1.0 satisfied_turtle_head

Torta

Post by Torta » Thu Mar 05, 2020 6:18 pm

Thanks everyone who participated to our forum discussion about default server rates! Thus, conclusion:
  • Default server rates have been set to x1, progressive rate brackets are no longer in use.
  • Hardcore Mode remains optional and available under Speedy's menu.
  • Gray & Green quest still give the full experience up to 25 levels of difference.