New Hardmode: FFA

Kazgrim

New Hardmode: FFA

Post by Kazgrim » Mon Dec 23, 2019 10:15 pm

Would the community be interested in the possibility of a new hardmode, Free For All (FFA) PvP?

I would suggest that such a mode would pique interest in new players who are looking for a PvP vanilla realm, who would normally overlook our server because it is PvE.

PvP servers have massive appeal, and are generally the preferred playstyle of players who play classic (vanilla) wow. I believe such a feature is a good opportunity to market our server to an entire new audience with something that is unique to the vanilla private server scene: FFA.

The rules of FFA are simple:

- Free for all pvp. Horde can attack Horde, Alliance can attack Alliance, and so forth.

- When you enable FFA on your character, you are vulnerable to anyone at all times.

- You must choose to play FFA before reaching level 10 (To avoid unfair advantage of old versus new players)

- FFA mode is reversible, but cannot be started again after level 10.

Questions, comments, support?
Chieftain of the Dreadskull Clan
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=552

Check out my patches in the modding section!
viewforum.php?f=29

Mrrosh

Re: New Hardmode: FFA

Post by Mrrosh » Mon Dec 23, 2019 10:25 pm

Definitely a great idea! It would make the PvP scene more interesting.

Qixel

Post by Qixel » Tue Dec 24, 2019 12:13 am

So long as those not on the mode are not in danger of those who did, I don't care. That said, the people pvp servers appeal to might not find a warm welcome from the community here, however, pve server or no.

Yutilk

Post by Yutilk » Tue Dec 24, 2019 5:31 pm

Kazgrim wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 10:15 pm
Would the community be interested in the possibility of a new hardmode, Free For All (FFA) PvP?
Yes, this sounds awesome!

Durnbrok

Post by Durnbrok » Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:20 am

Tbh a FFA would be a great idea,right now the bounty board is next to no good considering the limited areas where pvp is allowed to kill whoever has the bounty.
Although something like this can bring up the issue of wintrading,having a character of the opposite faction be killed over and over near a graveyard to quickly take rez sickness etc
Ret pally best pally!

Chlothar

Post by Chlothar » Tue Mar 03, 2020 6:25 pm

Hm Durn, you can anytime activate PvP and do that....FFA wouldnt really change it. This is my first non-pvp server i play on, i miss watching around while leveling in case an enemy is coming after me. I`d like a FFA option. But to be plain. you hardly ever meet another player out there while leveling. Happened once every 2 days on my actual toon.

Durnbrok

Post by Durnbrok » Wed Mar 04, 2020 12:43 pm

Sure i can flag myself for pvp(which i always had active while leveling),but whoever has a bounty on their head i cant kill open world unless they flag themselves, especially being able to fight other alliance players would be fun,it would certainly mean more pvp action.Though as you said there arent many people to be seen open world atm,but id like to see something like that one day.
Ret pally best pally!

Withinamnesia

Post by Withinamnesia » Sat Mar 07, 2020 4:31 am

In Retail WoW you fight in arena.

In Turtle WoW you are the arena!