Dropping Leatherworking or skinning

Wexioo

Dropping Leatherworking or skinning

Post by Wexioo » Mon Jun 26, 2023 10:00 pm

Hi

i am LW 300 and Skinning aswell. I wast hinking to drop LW for mining to generate gold coz i dont make any G from LW.. i need advice if i should drop LW or Skinning for Mining or is it even worth??

Jolikmc

Re: Dropping Leatherworking or skinning

Post by Jolikmc » Mon Jun 26, 2023 11:00 pm

Between the two, I'd say you should drop Leatherworking. Yeah, there's some fantastic patterns for Dragonscale and especially Tribal Leatherworking, but most of them, if not all of them, pale in comparison to the Tier 1 and Tier 2 gear from end-game dungeons and raids. Meanwhile, you can focus entirely on skinning mobs and selling their Leather and Hides on the Auction House.

I wouldn't recommend going for Mining in today's economy. Yeah, you can make a killing at Auction, but leveling up the skill to 300 takes an absurdly long time due to the fact that there could be "7,100+ players" on at any given time – most of them being under Level 10 or at Level 60. Competition is simply too high and Mining nodes too scarce. But then… I suppose the same could be said for Herbalism.

I dunno. I don't have a character higher than Level 20, right now, so I could be wrong. I just know that none of my characters who have Mining can get to those sweet, sweet Copper Veins in time.

Does someone else wanna step in and give their two cents to a player in need?
Not currently playing. Just skulking and snarking~

Kiersteadmo

Post by Kiersteadmo » Mon Jun 26, 2023 11:53 pm

Mining is easy you can slmost get to 125 purly by smelting and smelt as you do it. I got mnign in one day and went to zones ith fewer players /db mines auto or /db mines 0 to 300 brings up all nodes

Jolikmc

Post by Jolikmc » Tue Jun 27, 2023 12:25 am

Aaand… that's why it's good to have other thoughts and opinions. I forgot you could level Mining by Smelting.

At Level 60, you can easily afford all the Copper Ore and Tin Ore in the world, Smelt your way up to higher ore, then find a quiet place where nobody goes and mine as much ore as you want! Mining is quite profitable, and at Level 60, apparently quite easy!
However, not having a Level 60 alt who's made of money, I cannot do this. Therefore, it never occurred to me! (,:

Cheers, Kiersteadmo!
Not currently playing. Just skulking and snarking~

Wexioo

Post by Wexioo » Tue Jun 27, 2023 1:13 am

Ty everyone