Turtle HD Project

Remorsx

Re: Turtle HD (WIP)

Post by Remorsx » Wed Jun 21, 2023 7:27 pm

can anybody please make a guide on how to revert paladin seal sounds to the default one

Grauhase

Post by Grauhase » Wed Jun 21, 2023 9:22 pm

Remorsx wrote:
Wed Jun 21, 2023 7:27 pm
can anybody please make a guide on how to revert paladin seal sounds to the default one
Read the posts... this kind of question about reverting sounds have already been asked and answered.

Testaoq

Post by Testaoq » Wed Jun 21, 2023 11:38 pm

Love all the work you guys have done!

It appears that the Crimson deathcharger may be missing a texture.
Any idea how I can update it?
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... /image.png

Dracarusggotham
Has liked: 10 times

Post by Dracarusggotham » Fri Jun 23, 2023 1:19 am

The High Elves skin has a bug in the lower half part, has red underwear and a different skin tone.

Danibalim

Post by Danibalim » Fri Jun 23, 2023 6:48 pm

Any thoughts on changing the seal animation? If possible the spell animations from tbc would be amazing. But that might be alot of work giving all of them induvidual ones. Anyway what about simply changing it back to the original seal animation? Im not a big fan of the blue custom one the patch uses. Everything else is amazing thought.

Muroming

Post by Muroming » Sat Jun 24, 2023 7:47 pm

Hi, can someone help me please?
I only want Character Models from this patch, without creatures, spell effects and new sounds, saw on this thread that you can just delete those parts via MPQ editor, but by doing so it just deletes sound from the game, is there something i can do my self?

Bubamasteros

Post by Bubamasteros » Sat Jun 24, 2023 9:54 pm

Hello, is it possible to collect all the patches in one post? For example, update the very first one?
Чел... Я баня-бочка.

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Sat Jun 24, 2023 11:18 pm

Bubamasteros wrote:
Sat Jun 24, 2023 9:54 pm
Hello, is it possible to collect all the patches in one post? For example, update the very first one?
All the official relevant patches are maintained in the first post. When a new version of patch-A goes live, the link changes as well. Any other links posted in this thread are either components that have been added to the main official patch, or unofficial sub-patches.

Tomasumi

Post by Tomasumi » Sun Jun 25, 2023 8:44 am

Will there be a boneless undead option?

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Sun Jun 25, 2023 9:09 am

Tomasumi wrote:
Sun Jun 25, 2023 8:44 am
Will there be a boneless undead option?
I have no intention of maintaining patch variations, as stated in my first post. If you wish to have these sorts of variants, you would need to make them yourself or find someone willing to.

Tomasumi

Post by Tomasumi » Sun Jun 25, 2023 2:07 pm

@redmagejoe thank you for the quick response, I appreciate it and it's no problem at all, hope you are doing well in these trying times

Putridobject

Post by Putridobject » Mon Jun 26, 2023 3:35 pm

Love the work! But the spirit healer doesnt look like what you posted.

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Mon Jun 26, 2023 11:20 pm

Putridobject wrote:
Mon Jun 26, 2023 3:35 pm
If you're talking about the white bubble, the only common thread I have been able to find among those who have this issue is graphics hardware or configurations. It may not be as simple as something you can change with WoW's video options either, even console-line settings in config.wtf. There's not much more assistance I can give on this issue, as it's a person-by-person basis rather than something I can fix on my end.

Sifipidi

Post by Sifipidi » Tue Jun 27, 2023 12:10 am

I've tried combing through the thread to see if there was a fix or work-around, but can't seem to find anything. Dying to use this mod, but I keep having the same issues with my night elf characters. Their textures are very pixelated and the eyes are a bit off ~

I've tried deleting the cache, uninstalling absolutely everything and reinstalling it (only using base game and this mod pack without any extra addons etc). Any help would be appreciated ~ thanks in advance!

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Tue Jun 27, 2023 12:14 am

My friend, your entire screenshot looks a little pixelated. Do you have your video settings maxed? This looks like how textures look when you're running at lower settings.

Here's mine for comparison.

Sifipidi

Post by Sifipidi » Tue Jun 27, 2023 12:17 am

Redmagejoe wrote:
Tue Jun 27, 2023 12:14 am
My friend, your entire screenshot looks a little pixelated. Do you have your video settings maxed? This looks like how textures look when you're running at lower settings.

Here's mine for comparison.
Unfortunately everything is set to max settings... :(

Sifipidi

Post by Sifipidi » Tue Jun 27, 2023 12:31 am

My friends are telling me that they have never encountered this issue, that they didn't have to tweak anything. I've reinstalled the base game twice now, removed absolutely everything before each install. Still running into the very same issue here. :(

Looks like this problem is also occurring with the Undead models as well with my game. I am also having the issue where I cannot sheath or unsheath any of my weapons. Love the work put into this, just wish I could enjoy all of it sad_turtle_head
Last edited by Sifipidi on Tue Jun 27, 2023 4:05 am, edited 2 times in total.

Sifipidi

Post by Sifipidi » Tue Jun 27, 2023 12:47 am

Posting another picture of this problem occurring. Comparing the night elf vs gnome female.

Winthrop

Post by Winthrop » Tue Jun 27, 2023 4:35 am

Sifipidi wrote:
Tue Jun 27, 2023 12:47 am
Posting another picture of this problem occurring. Comparing the night elf vs gnome female.

Try pressing shift+f10

Dhrazar

Post by Dhrazar » Tue Jun 27, 2023 11:09 am

All nightelf face tattoos are looking like this, because they are not optimized for the higher resolution faces, same for the dwarfs.

Visagezero

Post by Visagezero » Thu Jun 29, 2023 2:57 am

The new demon hunter skins for night elves looks awesome, I wish they had HD support

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Thu Jun 29, 2023 2:58 am

Visagezero wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2023 2:57 am
The new demon hunter skins for night elves looks awesome, I wish they had HD support
Astricon is currently taking a much deserved vacation, so I cannot give a concrete timeline on when this might be addressed.

Dhrazar

Post by Dhrazar » Fri Jun 30, 2023 12:16 am

Found that both High Elves, Ambassador Ardalan in Nethergarde Keep (at the top of the mage tower) and the one in Ravenholdt Manor (idk his name anymore) have blank faces.
Sry can't tell you the NPC IDs because I have no idea how to display them.

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Fri Jun 30, 2023 2:05 am

Dhrazar wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2023 12:16 am
Found that both High Elves, Ambassador Ardalan in Nethergarde Keep (at the top of the mage tower) and the one in Ravenholdt Manor (idk his name anymore) have blank faces.
Sry can't tell you the NPC IDs because I have no idea how to display them.
https://database.turtle-wow.org/?npc=7826 is Ambassador Ardalan. If you can find the names of the others and look them up on the DB, we can get their IDs and make note of them for Astricon's return.

Muroming

Post by Muroming » Sat Jul 01, 2023 4:04 pm

Since my last question wasnt answered, going to ask it again.
I want to use this mod without new sounds, how do i replace them with default ones?
I managed to delete mobs files from mpq file and it worked, but by doing same with sounds they just disappear. Can i get an answer?

Pangea

Post by Pangea » Sat Jul 01, 2023 4:51 pm

You don't, you edit them with the MPQ editor and manually delete the sound files BEFORE you patch your WoW game.

You can look up how to do this on page 40.

Gex

Post by Gex » Sun Jul 02, 2023 9:21 am

Just wanted to say thanks for the hard work, you've done an awesome job.

Dhrazar

Post by Dhrazar » Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:53 pm

Redmagejoe wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2023 2:05 am
https://database.turtle-wow.org/?npc=7826 is Ambassador Ardalan. If you can find the names of the others and look them up on the DB, we can get their IDs and make note of them for Astricon's return.
The other high Elf with missing face is this one:
https://database.turtle-wow.org/?npc=13085

Samsara

Post by Samsara » Wed Jul 05, 2023 10:02 am

Hi I have a bunch of missing textures in my game I don't know if this comes from this patch? For instance one of my talent specs background is a white square when I open my talents window panel. The problem seemed to manifest after switching to fullscreen mode as windowed was giving me performance issues.

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Wed Jul 05, 2023 10:54 am

Those are UI elements and are unaffected by my patch. This sounds like an issue with the game's graphics engine somehow.

Samsara

Post by Samsara » Wed Jul 05, 2023 11:44 am

Hm I was downloading updated clients and patches, but it fixed itself in the meantime. Probably messing with my nvidia control panel application settings did something to the game, but now it's gone without changing those settings again. I also just installed the old dx9 so maybe that was it, idk. :p

Astricon

Post by Astricon » Wed Jul 05, 2023 8:34 pm

Hello all, I'm not "back" necessarily because I try not to explicitly commit to any unpaid work (anything that I plan to do I may randomly stop doing at any point) but I decided to come back to read the posts here and see what's going on, so I'll generally answer some questions without quoting anyone. I'm currently having fun on Diablo which is why I've been absent--and the release of Baldur's Gate 3 later this month may further delay my contributions.

- If no one is answering your question, it's because it's already been answered. Alas, the organization of a forum is not the easiest way to find answers, but if you feel like you're being ignored, the best thing to do is to look through the other posts to see if there's an answer there.
- I'm aware of the issues with Mage Blink sound effect. I was experimenting and something went wrong. I have an easy fix available once I decide to work on it.
- The new Night Elf Skins should be very easy to add once I look into it
- Pixellated compaint about night elf female face markings is related to the fact that HD textures have left and right side of the face mapped while older models have only one side mirrored. Therefore due to texture size limit the HD textures are actually less detailed on the face--you have to put up with the pixellation if you want the HD models. This actually applies to all races for all HD models--it's just most noticeable for those with face markings and tattoos.
- Thanks for providing npcs who are missing their faces. I'm trying to keep a running list of those that need updating but the chaos of a forum makes that difficult. I'll try to take note of them.
- don't know what's up with troll female shoulder models, but i don't think i'll be the one to fix this. i have been unsuccessful with anything model related except for some spells.
- If you notice issues with mismatched skin tones and underwear for a race, please take a screenshot and get it reproduced by someone on another computer as this is a common caching issue. If it is reproduceable, post it. If not, try reinstalling your mods and deleting your cache. One known issue is that underwear will often remain visible even with "slutmogs" that are supposed to remove it. This is fixable but will require a lot of work and is low priority.
- Certain spells having too high or too low volume is another caching issue of some kind I think. The results of messing with volumes for specific sounds are super inconsistent from system to system. So if you get a really loud sound that seems out of place, let me know and I'll see if I can fix it--but I may not be able to reproduce it.
- I'm aware that gryphon and wyvern mobs have missing animations. This is not fixable by me other than to replace the models with their old ones, I think.
- I'm aware of the arcane missiles issue. I tried many fixes to this but it looks like I'll have to level a mage through some early levels to really dig into it.

Too many people ask for customizations to the mod so if you do that you're probably going to be ignored mostly but pay attention here right now because I'll explain how to make your own custom patch
You need an MPQ Editor (just look for "MPQ Editor" on Google). Then open patch-A or C or whatever with it. It's like a zip file. Find the sound you don't like. Take note of its location in the zip file with all parent folder names and also its exact name. Copy the mpq file and delete everything inside, but keep or recreate the exact parent folders with the correct names (case insensitive) down to the file you want to replace. Rename this mpq as patch-Z or whatever as long as it's alphabetically after all the other custom mod patches you have. Now find the sound file you want to have instead of the one you don't like. If you want to revert to something previously used in classic wow there are two options: look through the official MPQ files to find the original sound, or go to Wowhead and search the spell on their vanilla version of the site, then go to the sounds tab and find the one you want and download it. Place this sound you like into the MPQ file and replace the one you don't like with it, making sure its name is exactly the same as the file you replaced. Assuming the sound file you used wasn't corrupt, you should now have a permanent solution for all future updates to the HD Mod--unless something gets changed with the file structure or DBCs--but at least you know how to fix it again if that happens!

If you notice people asking for customizations for sounds they don't like, please refer them back to this post or quote it.

Neo4m

Post by Neo4m » Thu Jul 06, 2023 9:25 am

Redmagejoe wrote:
Mon Jun 26, 2023 11:20 pm
Putridobject wrote:
Mon Jun 26, 2023 3:35 pm
If you're talking about the white bubble, the only common thread I have been able to find among those who have this issue is graphics hardware or configurations. It may not be as simple as something you can change with WoW's video options either, even console-line settings in config.wtf. There's not much more assistance I can give on this issue, as it's a person-by-person basis rather than something I can fix on my end.
Yes definitely a driver issue. I see the white blob (looks like a white hershey kiss) when i play on my Mac laptop which is using parallels for Windows emulation. Curious if wine/linux users have the same issue.

Arinathielshala

Post by Arinathielshala » Thu Jul 06, 2023 9:51 pm

Patch A breaks the sheathing animations :U

Samsara

Post by Samsara » Fri Jul 07, 2023 8:17 am

Arinathielshala wrote:
Thu Jul 06, 2023 9:51 pm
Patch A breaks the sheathing animations :U
I also noticed my character did the animations but without the weapons appearing