Died to a bug

Cowparek

Died to a bug

Post by Cowparek » Thu Jun 22, 2023 2:32 pm

Is there anyway to reverse a character? I unfortunately died to a bug while playing for my girlfriend. There was just one goblin in elwyn forest, lvl 10 npc, I attacked him, suddenly 5 other enemies appreared and killed me in 1 second, is that normal? I Think it was a bug.

Rat2156

Re: Died to a bug

Post by Rat2156 » Thu Jun 22, 2023 2:41 pm

Torta wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 3:20 pm
• When your character dies, the game ends for you. If you choose to create and play a hardcore character, you do so at your own risk: we will not restore any deceased hardcore characters for any reason including connection problems, bugs, global warming, your little sister, or any other reason whatsoever.

Bigsmerf

Post by Bigsmerf » Thu Jun 22, 2023 2:54 pm

*A h e m*

Read the rules.

The goblin spawns more enemies, that's the game working as expected. And character resurrections do not happen at all for any reason whatsoever. Don't ask for one, you won't get it.
Elmhoof - 60 Feral, between tanking/dps (Main)
Anbone 34 Shadow Priest (Planned secondary main)
Manypunchman - 10 Naked Troll Boxer (Hardcore)

I'm back! More or less...

Shener

Post by Shener » Thu Jun 22, 2023 2:58 pm

Just spend another hour and u get a new lv10 character.

Whalemilk

Post by Whalemilk » Thu Jun 22, 2023 4:24 pm

Why not just start a new character? It takes like 1-2 hours to get back to lvl 10.

Try dying multiple times with level 20-30’s.. it breaks the heart

Samkemp

Post by Samkemp » Thu Jun 22, 2023 4:26 pm

I just died due to a disconnect at lvl 19. Not sure how to cope with it

Jolikmc

Post by Jolikmc » Thu Jun 22, 2023 4:30 pm

Cowparek wrote:
Thu Jun 22, 2023 2:32 pm
There was just one goblin in elwyn forest, lvl 10 npc, I attacked him, suddenly 5 other enemies appreared and killed me in 1 second, is that normal? I Think it was a bug.
… mate. That's not a bug. That's a quest NPC.

As stated, Hardcore characters will never be revived for any reason.* My advice to you? Don't go into Hardmore Mode without a battle plan. It's not really intended for casual or new players.

* Expect in the case of a mandatory server rollback due to data corruption or something, of course. But, what are the odds of that happening? (;
Not currently playing. Just skulking and snarking~

Sinrek
Has liked: 14 times

Post by Sinrek » Thu Jun 22, 2023 5:39 pm

Cowparek wrote:
Is there anyway to reverse a character? I unfortunately died to a bug while playing for my girlfriend. There was just one goblin in elwyn forest, lvl 10 npc, I attacked him, suddenly 5 other enemies appreared and killed me in 1 second, is that normal? I Think it was a bug.
Yes, it is normal. Ask any rogue. turtle_tongue
satisfied_turtle Slowly turtling my way up.

Cowparek

Post by Cowparek » Thu Jun 22, 2023 6:10 pm

Jolikmc wrote:
Thu Jun 22, 2023 4:30 pm
Cowparek wrote:
There was just one goblin in elwyn forest, lvl 10 npc, I attacked him, suddenly 5 other enemies appreared and killed me in 1 second, is that normal? I Think it was a bug.
… mate. That's not a bug. That's a quest NPC.

As stated, Hardcore characters will never be revived for any reason.* My advice to you? Don't go into Hardmore Mode without a battle plan. It's not really intended for casual or new players.

* Expect in the case of a mandatory server rollback due to data corruption or something, of course. But, what are the odds of that happening? (;
You don't understand. The enemies were invisible. I attacked one npc and 5 other enemies appeared at the spot out of nowhere, I didn't accidentaly pull them, and they killed me literally in 1 second as I was running away. Is this intented? What you linked is a collection quest, I don't understand how it helps in any way, or your advice, I'm not a new player, new to hardcore, but unaware of this quest.

Cowparek

Post by Cowparek » Thu Jun 22, 2023 6:12 pm

Whalemilk wrote:
Thu Jun 22, 2023 4:24 pm
Why not just start a new character? It takes like 1-2 hours to get back to lvl 10.

Try dying multiple times with level 20-30’s.. it breaks the heart
not with my girlfriend haha

Cowparek

Post by Cowparek » Thu Jun 22, 2023 6:12 pm

Bigsmerf wrote:
Thu Jun 22, 2023 2:54 pm
*A h e m*

Read the rules.

The goblin spawns more enemies, that's the game working as expected. And character resurrections do not happen at all for any reason whatsoever. Don't ask for one, you won't get it.
yeah I'm fine with that, was just asking, good to know for next time, thanks

Cowparek

Post by Cowparek » Thu Jun 22, 2023 6:33 pm

I was either unlucky, as the roaming bystanders respawned, or I had a desync (I had desyncs before) that I did not see them. Because there was way more than the intented amount he summons. Mystery solved.

Jolikmc

Post by Jolikmc » Thu Jun 22, 2023 7:37 pm

Cowparek wrote:
Thu Jun 22, 2023 6:10 pm
What you linked is a collection quest, I don't understand how it helps in any way, or your advice, I'm not a new player, new to hardcore, but unaware of this quest.
I have no idea how I did that. I was trying to link to the Defias Dockmaster. Which segues into…
You don't understand. The enemies were invisible. I attacked one npc and 5 other enemies appeared at the spot out of nowhere, I didn't accidentaly pull them, and they killed me literally in 1 second as I was running away. Is this intented?
Yes. That is the intent. And no, the enemies aren't invisible. They are spawned.

The quest I mentioned is for Rogues, but the idea is to pickpocket the Defias Shipping Schedule rather than fight the mobs. If, for some reason, you get the Dockmaster's attention in any way, shape, or form, he shouts for help and spawns a handful of Defias Bodyguards which immediately attack the person the Dockmaster is focused on. It is, as I said, not a bug.

This quest has been in the game since at Vanilla. You died because you didn't prepare properly or were otherwise unaware. Therefore, you are not entitled to a "do over".

Sorry.

Bigsmerf

Post by Bigsmerf » Thu Jun 22, 2023 10:22 pm

Cowparek wrote:
Thu Jun 22, 2023 6:12 pm
Bigsmerf wrote:
Thu Jun 22, 2023 2:54 pm
*A h e m*

Read the rules.

yeah I'm fine with that, was just asking, good to know for next time, thanks
Glad to hear you could take this like a mature adult. Good luck on your next run!
Elmhoof - 60 Feral, between tanking/dps (Main)
Anbone 34 Shadow Priest (Planned secondary main)
Manypunchman - 10 Naked Troll Boxer (Hardcore)

I'm back! More or less...

Gantulga

Post by Gantulga » Fri Jun 23, 2023 4:25 am

Do we really need to have these threads every day?

Jolikmc

Post by Jolikmc » Fri Jun 23, 2023 2:11 pm

So long as people refuse to read the Rules of Hardcore, and/or ignore the Mysterious Stranger's warning, and/or go into Hardcore thinking it's something else entirely? Absolutely.