Paladin: Holy Strike

Torta

Paladin: Holy Strike

Post by Torta » Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:47 pm

Greetings!

Today we bring some good news for Paladins!

Speak to Lord Grayson Shadowbreaker in Stormwind or Brandur Ironhammer in Ironforge.

The first rank of Holy Strike is granted for completing a new class quest, Piercing Light. Other ranks are distributed via Librams. To upgrade the spell's rank, one can find the vendors William Halford and Braelnor at your class trainer's locations in Stormwind or Ironforge.

Please, install this client's patch to fix the position of the spell in your Spell Book as well as its name (zzOLDHoly Stirke to Holy Strike). Download the patch and copy it into your Data folder. Credits: Reven#4362

Note: You don't have to do this if you don't want to, the changes are cosmetic only.

Sinrek

Re: Paladin: Holy Strike

Post by Sinrek » Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:26 am

Crusader Strike when? xD
satisfied_turtle Slowly turtling my way up.

Torta

Post by Torta » Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:58 am

NO.

Chlothar

Post by Chlothar » Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:55 am

Uther`s light shall shine upon you!

Chlothar

Post by Chlothar » Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:06 am

1st. Just 1 book diappears on use, the others teach the spell but stay in the inventory until i relog, then i can the next one disappears on click without teaching the spell, cuz i already learned it.

2nd. The patch is messing with all ym spells names...maybe because it`s a german client?

Torta

Post by Torta » Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:37 am

Will fix books behavior on Wednesday maintenance. For spell names, /summon Reven

Chlothar

Post by Chlothar » Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:34 pm

After three raids with holy strike i can say it brings back the fun into the auto-hit class and makes it become a dps class that can compete with others in the dps meters. Thx a lot!!!!!! I now love this server even more than before, if thats even possible.

Torta

Post by Torta » Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:44 pm

<3

Nemain

Post by Nemain » Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:50 am

Fromm a los character's perspective (1-20), holy strike feels at a very good place: it is strong, yes: being able to take a big chunk off a monster's hp bar with one skill feels great.

More important, however, is how well it synnergizes without the rest of the paladin's kit... And, with its cool down, you find yourself going through rotations, checking enemy hp vs your mana bar- allí oficial that stuff that keeps a class interesting.

Korkis

Post by Korkis » Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:35 am

Any thoughts on Tankadin build from this topic ? Will the Holy Strike make it more viable? And for leveling as a tank? (Keeping aside the challenge to find a dungeon group)

Chlothar

Post by Chlothar » Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:02 pm

It gives a good dps boost with only holy dmg. So, yeah its a big + for tanking aswell. If it makes it finally viable...last time i tanked drakki i startet tanking late because i had to tank an add. Still gota ggro real quick. But still, it`s not compareable to a real taunt.

Bazou

Post by Bazou » Sat Feb 01, 2020 6:16 am

happy_turtle_head Love it so much!

Nemain

Post by Nemain » Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:03 am

Level 29 so far, pure tank spec throughout leveling. Even despite the lack of groups to just level via dungeons (what prot spec leveling excells at), so far it's a slow but stable thing. Definitely no AoE grinding mage, but the fact that you have so little downtime lets you just go for next mob right after the previous one.

The full rotation (crusader into righteousness into holy strike) does start to get prohibitive to do on every mob mana-wise, especially if you're using max rank stuff... But, downranking and checking to see which spells you can do without on which mobs is all part of the course when you're playing a mana class.

Chlothar

Post by Chlothar » Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:47 pm

Seal of righteousnes proc counts as ana dditional hit, so if you judge Seal of wisdom before the fight you have get lots of mana back. To be exact, you can get mana back 2x per swing.

Gifted

Post by Gifted » Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:13 pm

Has this feature received any sort of review since implementation? Forgive me since I didn't play paladins in vanilla, so I don't know if this is a regular class ability that was missing or one that didn't exist but has been enabled?

I've been raiding with both Chlothar and Momo for 6+ months now and during that time Momo has consistently been 10-20% higher on the dps meter than any other player on the server. This was the case as late as last December.

I don't look at the dps meters a whole lot during raids but I did glance in the middle of last Sunday's raid and suddenly Chlothar and Momo were trading spots for top dps in the raid.

As a player with a mage alt it doesn't sit well with me that changes to gameplay are now letting a plater-wearing hybrid class with strong healing abilities out dps the pure dps classes (mage, rogue, hunter). I'm not saying Chlothar's sudden boost in dps is related exclusively to this ability, but the timing is suspicious.

If this is a new ability I was hoping a review of the impact this is having on the server (PvE & PvP) could be done?

~Gifted

Sinrek

Post by Sinrek » Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:30 pm

Momo as a constant for dps according to dos meters... My guess Gifted's account has been hijacked.
satisfied_turtle Slowly turtling my way up.

Gifted

Post by Gifted » Fri Feb 21, 2020 1:30 pm

Sinrek wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:30 pm
Momo as a constant for dps according to dos meters... My guess Gifted's account has been hijacked.
Heh, anything is possible...

Like I said, I don't really look at the dps meters closely. It's possible Momo showed-up late to raid and I just happened to look at the meters right when Momo caught-up to Chlothar. I don't remember looking at the dps meters and seeing paladins near the top let alone in the top spot ever during raids. That's what caught my eye...

I don't want raiders dropping their mains for paladin alts because of balance issues.

~Gifted

Chlothar

Post by Chlothar » Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:00 am

Ofc the dps boost on Chlothar is because of holy strike, i mean adding a dps spell without any noteable dps improvement would`nt make any sense. I really like holy strike but deep in my heart i am a vanilly purist and any change made changes the game experience. That`s how i feel about holy strike, it`s nice to have, but it changed the game from how it always has been.
But in comparison my elemental shaman pretty much outdpses Chlothar and Momo and it`s also a hybrid class.

Peterko

Post by Peterko » Mon Dec 14, 2020 1:33 pm

what lvl do i need to get the holy strike?

Tortuga

Post by Tortuga » Mon Dec 14, 2020 2:16 pm

The quest itself is available from level 4, but you will have to kill Hogger (level 11 tough guy)

Peterko

Post by Peterko » Mon Dec 14, 2020 3:55 pm

ok

Jcarrill0

Post by Jcarrill0 » Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:13 pm

Torta wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:47 pm
Please, install this client's patch to fix the position of the spell in your Spell Book as well as its name (zzOLDHoly Stirke to Holy Strike). Download the patch and copy it into your Data folder. Credits: Reven#4362
Does this come with current patch/future patch or does this need to be done after every update?

Paw

Post by Paw » Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:17 pm

Jcarrill0 wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:13 pm
Torta wrote:
Does this come with current patch/future patch or does this need to be done after every update?
Yes.

Jcarrill0

Post by Jcarrill0 » Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:32 pm

Paw wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:17 pm
Jcarrill0 wrote:
Torta wrote:
Yes.
so we do have to re-download it every patch, got it.

Paw

Post by Paw » Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:53 pm

Jcarrill0 wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:32 pm
Paw wrote:
Jcarrill0 wrote:

Yes.
Actually no. Think its within the patch. So the other yes!

Jcarrill0

Post by Jcarrill0 » Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:53 pm

Paw wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:53 pm
Jcarrill0 wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:32 pm
Paw wrote:

Yes.
Actually no. Think its within the patch. So the other yes!
my mistake