Turtle HD Project

Redmagejoe

Re: Turtle HD (WIP)

Post by Redmagejoe » Sat May 27, 2023 9:57 am

If the issue persists without the HD patch, then it is an issue for the Turtle team, not this fan project.

Palarky

Post by Palarky » Sat May 27, 2023 12:17 pm

Hello!
Is it possible to add hash sum files?
Thank you.

1stormer1

Post by 1stormer1 » Sat May 27, 2023 6:01 pm

When i install Patch A all of the high elves are just smudged pixels and then the game crashes after a few sections.

im level 1 in high elve starter zone so im not sure if its limited to high elves or not.

https://ibb.co/k3X1Z40

Act

Post by Act » Sat May 27, 2023 7:51 pm

1stormer1 wrote:
Sat May 27, 2023 6:01 pm
When i install Patch A all of the high elves are just smudged pixels and then the game crashes after a few sections.

im level 1 in high elve starter zone so im not sure if its limited to high elves or not.

After you choose your character, go to Options, disable Vertex Shaders and restart the game. That should solve the problem.

Rorhim

Post by Rorhim » Sat May 27, 2023 10:15 pm

Hi, I am having this weird problem after installing the patches, my characters cannot draw their weapons anymore. When I press Z, he/she reaches for the weapon but does not pick it up. If I enter combat, sometimes my character will start swinging with an invisible weapon, while his actual weapon remains sheathed on my back. This does not happen every time however. When he does seem to grab hold of it, I am unable to sheate with Z.

Is this a known problem or did I do something wrong?

Garatak

Post by Garatak » Sat May 27, 2023 11:05 pm

How does druid cat glyph look? Which cat is it?

Astricon

Post by Astricon » Sun May 28, 2023 8:31 am

Rorhim wrote:
Sat May 27, 2023 10:15 pm
Hi, I am having this weird problem after installing the patches, my characters cannot draw their weapons anymore. When I press Z, he/she reaches for the weapon but does not pick it up. If I enter combat, sometimes my character will start swinging with an invisible weapon, while his actual weapon remains sheathed on my back. This does not happen every time however. When he does seem to grab hold of it, I am unable to sheate with Z.

Is this a known problem or did I do something wrong?
Known problem, possibly unsolvable

1stormer1

Post by 1stormer1 » Sun May 28, 2023 11:27 am

Act wrote:
Sat May 27, 2023 7:51 pm
1stormer1 wrote:

After you choose your character, go to Options, disable Vertex Shaders and restart the game. That should solve the problem.
Unfortunately they are already diabled but its still happening :(

https://ibb.co/CwK7XCX

Zer0cool

Post by Zer0cool » Mon May 29, 2023 6:26 pm

1stormer1 wrote:
Sun May 28, 2023 11:27 am
Act wrote:
1stormer1 wrote:

You can try to set your Shader settings like this and see if they gonna work:

Act

Post by Act » Mon May 29, 2023 9:38 pm

Zer0cool wrote:
Mon May 29, 2023 6:26 pm
1stormer1 wrote:
Sun May 28, 2023 11:27 am
Act wrote:

You can try to set your Shader settings like this and see if they gonna work:
I fought that uneven fight with those glitches for few hours. I'm not really sure which settings made it works fine (Disabled Vertex Shaders I think). But here's my /WTF/Config.wtf:

SET hwDetect "0"
SET gxColorBits "24"
SET gxDepthBits "24"
SET gxResolution "1920x1080"
SET gxRefresh "60"
SET gxMultisample "8"
SET gxMultisampleQuality "0.000000"
SET gxFixLag "0"
SET fullAlpha "1"
SET lodDist "100.000000"
SET SmallCull "0.010000"
SET DistCull "500.000000"
SET trilinear "1"
SET frillDensity "48"
SET farclip "777"
SET specular "1"
SET pixelShaders "1"
SET particleDensity "1.000000"
SET unitDrawDist "300.000000"
SET movie "0"
SET Gamma "1.000000"
SET readTOS "1"
SET readEULA "1"
SET SoundVolume "1"
SET MasterVolume "1"
SET realmList "logon.turtle-wow.org"
SET patchlist "logon.turtle-wow.org"
SET realmName "Turtle WoW"
SET gameTip "10"
SET AmbienceVolume "0.60000002384186"
SET uiScale "1"
SET lod "0"
SET shadowLevel "0"
SET anisotropic "16"
SET MusicVolume "0.40000000596046"
SET weatherDensity "3"
SET movieSubtitle "1"
SET mouseSpeed "1"
SET lastCharacterIndex "1"
SET profanityFilter "0"
SET cameraYawMoveSpeed "180"
SET cameraYawSmoothSpeed "180"
SET cameraDistanceMaxFactor "1"

You can try to replace yours with that. Oh, and after that remember to delete WDB folder, maybe there are some problems with cache.

Mustachiocat

Post by Mustachiocat » Tue May 30, 2023 1:54 pm

Redmagejoe wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 12:06 am
Dhrazar wrote:
Mon May 22, 2023 10:57 pm
Ahhh okay. I always thought each zone had their unique loading screen back in vanilla. So was this a tbc thing?
This is the vanilla Eastern Kingdoms loading screen. This is the vanilla Kalimdor loading screen. It appears that the HD patch replaced those instead with the Champions' Hall loading screens.
This is the loading screen I get no matter where I am https://ibb.co/PTBxW0b, is there a way to change it?

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Tue May 30, 2023 9:47 pm

Mustachiocat wrote:
Tue May 30, 2023 1:54 pm
This is the loading screen I get no matter where I am https://ibb.co/PTBxW0b, is there a way to change it?
If you get that regardless of where you are even after what I said, then you are not using my patch or you modified my patch. In which case, no, there's nothing I can do to help you because I don't know what patch you're using. That loading screen will only display on Eastern Kingdoms.

Mustachiocat

Post by Mustachiocat » Tue May 30, 2023 9:52 pm

Redmagejoe wrote:
Tue May 30, 2023 9:47 pm
Mustachiocat wrote:
Tue May 30, 2023 1:54 pm
If you get that regardless of where you are even after what I said, then you are not using my patch or you modified my patch. In which case, no, there's nothing I can do to help you because I don't know what patch you're using. That loading screen will only display on Eastern Kingdoms.
Yes, I realized it's only on eastern, is there a way to remove them back to defaults?

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Tue May 30, 2023 9:55 pm

Mustachiocat wrote:
Tue May 30, 2023 9:52 pm
Yes, I realized it's only on eastern, is there a way to remove them back to defaults?
DBC editing. There's resources in my first post to get you started.

Mannimar

Post by Mannimar » Wed May 31, 2023 1:26 am

Would it be possible to reanable Blizzard Healthbars somehow while using this mod? The mod overwrites my standard healthbar. Ty!

Mustachiocat

Post by Mustachiocat » Wed May 31, 2023 2:23 am

Redmagejoe wrote:
Tue May 30, 2023 9:55 pm
Mustachiocat wrote:
Tue May 30, 2023 9:52 pm
DBC editing. There's resources in my first post to get you started.
I managed to open it with the mpqeditor but there's so many folders I can't seem to find it, any hint on where they might be?

Johnedward

Post by Johnedward » Wed May 31, 2023 4:09 pm

Blink seems to be missing something, it just plays a microsecond long clip of an arcane channeling sound from the spot you blink away from. So all you hear is a "Shu-"

Votepoint

Post by Votepoint » Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:04 pm

I wanted to ask if it is now possible to install the patch on the model myself? Will they get banned for this?

Winthrop

Post by Winthrop » Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:34 pm

So, I noticed a tiny detail, thats rather funny then noteworthy :)

When drinking with HD Graphics, the Hand without the Keg will go to the mouth, while the Hand with the Keg just kinda stays in place.

When drinking with Vanilla Graphics, the Hand WITH the Keg goes to the mouth - which makes sense.

Seems funny, that over the course of some Expansions, the "drinking Hand" switched.

Imonobor

Post by Imonobor » Sat Jun 03, 2023 6:26 am

Winthrop wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:34 pm
So, I noticed a tiny detail, thats rather funny then noteworthy :)

When drinking with HD Graphics, the Hand without the Keg will go to the mouth, while the Hand with the Keg just kinda stays in place.

When drinking with Vanilla Graphics, the Hand WITH the Keg goes to the mouth - which makes sense.

Seems funny, that over the course of some Expansions, the "drinking Hand" switched.
I belive the reason for this is that when people ate and drank at the same time (as most people do most of the time), they stuffed their cheese in the mug and chewed on that, which looks ridiculous. It makes way more sense to eat with one hand and drink with the other.
Nydas - 60 High Elf Mage (Nordanaar)
Farren - 60 Tauren Shaman (Nordanaar)
Gothric - 15 Human Paladin (Nordanaar)
Markal - 58 Undead Priest (Tel'Abim)

Synni

Post by Synni » Sun Jun 04, 2023 7:36 am

I have issue, where my character does not draw weapon, while pressing Z, I can spam it how much I want it just does "draw animation" but weapon is not in hand

Pdsn91

Post by Pdsn91 » Tue Jun 06, 2023 8:37 pm

Hi, newbie here. I want to thank all of you for all this work, you are doing great!
Also, i wanted to ask Is there a way to implement RTX Remix into Turtle HD Patches? If so, how i can help you? I mean i don´t know how to do it but maybe I can help some way (even donations maybe?)

Cactusking

Post by Cactusking » Wed Jun 07, 2023 8:11 pm

This update pack rules, thanks a ton for working on this!

I've noticed that the Shoulder pads on the Female Troll model sit too far back on the model. They are properly aligned with the arms in direction and height, but need to be moved forward a bit. Some shoulders actually clip through the model right now, examples here:

Any possible fix for this?

Bittermens

Post by Bittermens » Thu Jun 08, 2023 1:07 pm

Shoulders and helmets needs a new mesh update since they are mostly incompatible with the HD models and looks off place, and full of clipping.

Cannasius

Post by Cannasius » Thu Jun 08, 2023 2:18 pm

I am playing now since a year with the HD Pack and i am just blown away - amazing work! thanks a lot man!! turtle_in_love_head

Ranishurollout

Post by Ranishurollout » Mon Jun 12, 2023 7:21 am

Amazing work! However I can't really seem to enjoy the sounds for frostbolt and blink, they sound very distant, reverberated and choppy, if it is known then sorry for bringing it up, however if it isn't - perhaps I can record a vid?

Maxstaine

Post by Maxstaine » Tue Jun 13, 2023 4:08 pm

Hey! sorry to bother.

I just wanna know how I can delete/opt out the remodel from the Armored Black Deathcharger (aka Rivendare's Deathcharger)

I don't quite like the DK mount model used, and I prefer the original.

I tried with the MPQ editor but it seems is more complicated than deleting files there scared_turtle

Also, the newest version of patch A seems to have some issues with the Dark Ranger skin. The blue glow kinda ruins it.

If any of you could walk me trough it, I will try the solution myself!
Last edited by Maxstaine on Tue Jun 13, 2023 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Tue Jun 13, 2023 9:00 pm

Riding Aqua Saber is known to have broken textures.

Visagezero

Post by Visagezero » Tue Jun 13, 2023 11:06 pm

Maxstaine wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2023 4:08 pm
Also, the newest version of patch A seems to have some issues with the Dark Ranger skin. The blue glow kinda ruins it.

To remove the blue glow, I replaced the green eyes glow texture in Blood Elf with some other random texture (you can't delete it or you'll get green letterboxes over the eyes). Bear in mind that this removes the glowing effect for all high elves.

Visagezero

Post by Visagezero » Tue Jun 13, 2023 11:07 pm

Has the mod been updated yet to work with the latest skin texture "Demon Hunter" for Nelves?

Maxstaine

Post by Maxstaine » Wed Jun 14, 2023 12:20 am

Visagezero wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2023 11:06 pm
Maxstaine wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2023 4:08 pm

To remove the blue glow, I replaced the green eyes glow texture in Blood Elf with some other random texture (you can't delete it or you'll get green letterboxes over the eyes). Bear in mind that this removes the glowing effect for all high elves.

Thanks, will try that.

Edited: I actually managed to edit the Rivendare Deathcharger myself, even got me the white version from Naxx turtle_in_love_head

Telishuna

Post by Telishuna » Thu Jun 15, 2023 7:29 pm

Seems the model for Wyverns, like this one https://database.turtle-wow.org/?npc=4107, does not play any of their animations other than idling, walking, running ones. Even in death they just stand here

Bloodphobos

Post by Bloodphobos » Thu Jun 15, 2023 8:42 pm

Hey guys, your Patch-A does not have any texture for Gloves of Spell Mastery and I see white qubes on ppl hands with these gloves. Also, main post says that spell sounds are replaced by Patch-C, but when I add patch A, rogue BackstabRank 9 makes ugly not native sound, could you please make original sound?
P.S. marvelous addition, I have been using it form prev year. P.P.S. last time I stopped using Patch-B cuz hunter frost trap too saturated and prevents you from seeing anything near the trap.

Papoursse27

Post by Papoursse27 » Sat Jun 17, 2023 7:25 am

can we have the original vanilla music with the patches? because i have the retail music.

Shener

Post by Shener » Tue Jun 20, 2023 10:48 am

Bugs report
Spells:
Blink sound is bugged.
FrostBolt sound seems like way toooo loud.
Brilliance Aura of Arcane Mage has no animation, when cast the player model would show "squares" on it.

Models:
Wyverns set mobs have no death animation.
Inferno sets, such as lesser inferno in Desolace models are way too big, they are like 10 times bigger than which in vanilla.