What Race/Class combos do you hope never come to TurtleWoW?

Shroudedsoul

What Race/Class combos do you hope never come to TurtleWoW?

Post by Shroudedsoul » Fri May 26, 2023 8:24 pm

Based on a Lore perspective.

Geojak
Has liked: 28 times

Re: What Race/Class combos do you hope never come to TurtleWoW?

Post by Geojak » Fri May 26, 2023 8:40 pm

Tauren paladin
I makes no sense at all to me.

Gantulga

Post by Gantulga » Fri May 26, 2023 8:42 pm

We already have a race and class combos that make no sense.

Lasershadow

Post by Lasershadow » Fri Jun 02, 2023 7:46 pm

Tauren Rogue. Too big to be a sneak thief.
Tuaren Mage. Tauren Warlock. Tauren ain't arcane magic folk.
Night Elf Mage. Night Elf Warlock. Arcane magic is banned in Night Elf culture.
Goblin Priest. "Wut?" That was my retail reaction. Nope.
Forsaken Paladin. Yeah... no that is as lore breaking as Goblin Priest.
Bunch of other ones too like a lot of races nope to being Druid and Shaman (esp. Alliance Shamans and Horde Paladins).

Javik

Post by Javik » Mon Jun 05, 2023 5:34 am

Troll druid (venoxis)

Whalemilk

Post by Whalemilk » Mon Jun 05, 2023 3:38 pm

I think all the races have the correct classes available to them. No need to add more.

I can get behind human hunter and troll warlock, but there isn’t anything after that really makes sense. Anyone that wants Tauren priests, undead paladins, dwarf shamans, etc. are probably the ones that pushed convenience which resulted in retail.

Pyrdacor

Post by Pyrdacor » Mon Jun 05, 2023 5:21 pm

I don't need any further Race-Class-Combos ecxept the allmighty Gnome Paladin.
Pyrdona: Holy-Paladin (60)
Pyrdacor: Combat-Rogue (19)
Pyrdacon: Def-Warrior (55)

Falerian

Post by Falerian » Mon Jun 05, 2023 6:25 pm

I'd say whenever the human hunter and troll warlocks come in, we *probably* won't get anymore class/race combos that are able to fit into the world of Azeroth...but I'll still stand by night elf mages being totally plausible, even if I am admittingly biased as my RP character on Retail was one. There's enchanting trainers in Teldrassil for a start, and the explanation of Highborne magi makes sense to me, but I respect if they do never get added.

There is also the perfectly valid explanation that exceptions exist within any race and it's hardly a big deal for a character to go against the values of their race, ie orcish warlocks definitely clashing with the shamanistic traditions of their people and how this led to interesting story development, but then I'm still unable to apply this to concepts like draenei/nelf warlocks as we're getting in retail.

Rat2156

Post by Rat2156 » Mon Jun 05, 2023 6:44 pm

Falerian wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2023 6:25 pm
I'd say whenever the human hunter and troll warlocks come in, we *probably* won't get anymore class/race combos that are able to fit into the world of Azeroth...but I'll still stand by night elf mages being totally plausible, even if I am admittingly biased as my RP character on Retail was one.
I could see it but only if it came with a different starting area, to drive the point that mages are unwelcome in kaldorei society

Imonobor
Has liked: 5 times

Post by Imonobor » Mon Jun 05, 2023 6:58 pm

I'm not here to argue in favor of Undead Paladins or Dwarf Shamans (plenty of other threads to do that), but I'll just say that I'd love to have them.
Aside from that, no other combination really makes sense to me, I think the current combinations are near perfect.
Nydas - 60 High Elf Mage (Nordanaar)
Farren - 60 Tauren Shaman (Nordanaar)
Gothric - 23 Human Paladin (Nordanaar)
Markal - 58 Undead Priest (Tel'Abim)

Camanchaca

Post by Camanchaca » Mon Jun 05, 2023 8:06 pm

But goblin medics are a thing, and there are no healing classes for goblins at present.

Getplucked

Post by Getplucked » Mon Jun 05, 2023 8:08 pm

Pyrdacor wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2023 5:21 pm
I don't need any further Race-Class-Combos ecxept the allmighty Gnome Paladin.
And Gnome Druid, which can have Kitty Form, Cub Form, Sapling Form and Pidgeon Form

Trymv1

Post by Trymv1 » Mon Jun 05, 2023 9:31 pm

Lasershadow wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2023 7:46 pm
Tauren Rogue. Too big to be a sneak thief.
Night Elf Mage. Arcane magic is banned in Night Elf culture.
Bunch of other ones too like a lot of races nope to being Druid and Shaman (esp. Alliance Shamans and Horde Paladins).
Rouge doesnt mean 'sneak thief' and Im still annoyed WoW-isms carried that same dumb sentiment into D&D. Half-Orc Rogues using 2H clubs to beat you to death is perfectly normal in D&D rulesets, adding the only race that cant be Rogues atm wouldnt kill the vibe.

Night Elf magic ban was a lore written piece on the fact they knew arcane magic to begin with thus it'd be fine they recreated them but you like, started in Human zone and had Teldrassil rep at Unfriendly to start.

Dwarf Shamans has never been a weird idea literally due to the Wildhammer clan.

Troll Druids tied to the loa worship; Zandalari had people transforming in Vanilla, Amani in TBC, and Drakkari in Wrath. It wasnt weird that someone thus taught the Darkspear in Cata.

Darbo

Post by Darbo » Tue Jun 06, 2023 9:01 am

Female night elf druid. Oh wait.

Sylveria
Has liked: 3 times

Post by Sylveria » Tue Jun 06, 2023 10:16 am

Undead and Tauren Paladins, actually already HolySpec of Undead Priests doesn't make much sense, but for game mechanic balances they're allowed.
Night Elf Mages, for before mentioned reasons: Arcane Magix is banned from Night Elf culture and society.. those who rebelled against that ban, were exiled. The Quel'dorei, High Elves.

Reploidrocsa

Post by Reploidrocsa » Tue Jun 06, 2023 4:25 pm

Maybe it's because i come from the might&magic universe, but tauren mage doesn't sound weird to me. I used to see some chaos alligned minotaur sorcerers, which were very similar to a fire/arcane mage.

Ishilu

Post by Ishilu » Tue Jun 06, 2023 5:48 pm

Are Goblin shamans a thing in turtle? I found those worse than dwarven shamans in retail.

Not a huge fan of orc mages and zombie hunters, either, but that boat has sailed.

Trymv1

Post by Trymv1 » Tue Jun 06, 2023 6:49 pm

Ishilu wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2023 5:48 pm
Not a huge fan of orc mages and zombie hunters, either, but that boat has sailed.
Orc Mages were just a theme of 'well they just learned it' and they already had orcs using the elements and fel magic, so couldnt be that hard to just teach them arcane as well.

Everything being a Hunter is fine because Warrior/Rogue lack ranged specs thus the Marksmen aspect falls solely on, well, the Marksman tree; pet theme just happens to be attached, and thats usually what people have issue with. Lotta people want a lone wolf talent because of it.
Reploidrocsa wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2023 4:25 pm
Maybe it's because i come from the might&magic universe, but tauren mage doesn't sound weird to me. I used to see some chaos alligned minotaur sorcerers, which were very similar to a fire/arcane mage.
Mostly thematics in WoW's case. WC3 tauren's only sign of magic was the Spirit Walker and they were only spirit-healer themed, but got bastardized into Shaman with like 6 other units. Tauren Druid and Shaman were both balancing acts from the dev team more than anything.

Lasershadow

Post by Lasershadow » Sat Jun 10, 2023 2:40 am

Getplucked wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2023 8:08 pm
And Gnome Druid, which can have Kitty Form, Cub Form, Sapling Form and Pidgeon Form
Gnome Druids would have mecha-versions of the druid animals forms. Maybe including Transformers transforming sound bit for shifting. =P
Trymv1 wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2023 9:31 pm
Rouge doesnt mean 'sneak thief' and Im still annoyed WoW-isms carried that same dumb sentiment into D&D. Half-Orc Rogues using 2H clubs to beat you to death is perfectly normal in D&D rulesets, adding the only race that cant be Rogues atm wouldnt kill the vibe.
I am just picturing a Tauren Rogue carrying Destiny 2handed Sword while making Arnold Schwarzenegger noises. =P
Trymv1 wrote:
Night Elf magic ban was a lore written piece on the fact they knew arcane magic to begin with thus it'd be fine they recreated them but you like, started in Human zone and had Teldrassil rep at Unfriendly to start.
While I like Night Elves to have more classes as personal bias. It's still lore breaking for Nelfs to be mages. That's what Helfs are for.
Trymv1 wrote:
Dwarf Shamans has never been a weird idea literally due to the Wildhammer clan.
I don't know anything about the lore for Dwarf Shamans. Still looks like Goblin Priest lorebreaking.
Trymv1 wrote:
Troll Druids tied to the loa worship; Zandalari had people transforming in Vanilla, Amani in TBC, and Drakkari in Wrath. It wasnt weird that someone thus taught the Darkspear in Cata.
Meh. I ain't got anything against Troll Druids. My bias against lore, I'd want them too.