Shaman on Alliance side, when?

Iamtmr

Shaman on Alliance side, when?

Post by Iamtmr » Thu May 11, 2023 3:45 pm

Is this something thats being worked on? Would be nice to play Shaman, but we all on alliance side.

Reptilewow

Re: Shaman on Alliance side, when?

Post by Reptilewow » Thu May 11, 2023 3:48 pm

And why don't you wanna make a horde character? There's quite a lot of cross faction functionality on twow

Iamtmr

Post by Iamtmr » Thu May 11, 2023 3:52 pm

Mainly to be on the same quest lines, hand-ins and not be bound to horde specific quests

Bigsmerf

Post by Bigsmerf » Thu May 11, 2023 4:03 pm

I really hope they keep the shaman/pally identity faction seperate. It'd ruin the identity of the cultural difference between the factions. The only big reasons people are going to want pallies and shammies for both factions is one whining about not getting to play the other because it's SOOOO painful and annoying to have to be the other faction. That and horde hates pallies in pvp.
Elmhoof - 60 Feral, between tanking/dps (Main)
Anbone 34 Shadow Priest (Planned secondary main)
Manypunchman - 10 Naked Troll Boxer (Hardcore)

I'm back! More or less...

Iamtmr

Post by Iamtmr » Thu May 11, 2023 4:22 pm

Bigsmerf wrote:
Thu May 11, 2023 4:03 pm
I really hope they keep the shaman/pally identity faction seperate. It'd ruin the identity of the cultural difference between the factions. The only big reasons people are going to want pallies and shammies for both factions is one whining about not getting to play the other because it's SOOOO painful and annoying to have to be the other faction. That and horde hates pallies in pvp.
Hm i thought they made server changes to makes things available on Alliance that are only on Horde and vice versa, but didn't find the Shaman on Alliance side. Made me really sad..

Bigsmerf

Post by Bigsmerf » Thu May 11, 2023 6:21 pm

Iamtmr wrote:
Thu May 11, 2023 4:22 pm
Bigsmerf wrote:
Thu May 11, 2023 4:03 pm
Hm i thought they made server changes to makes things available on Alliance that are only on Horde and vice versa, but didn't find the Shaman on Alliance side. Made me really sad..
They added cross faction interaction. I don't know where you got the idea that means horde and alli specific classes were removed.

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Thu May 11, 2023 6:44 pm

@Title: Never.

/thread

Jammyxx

Post by Jammyxx » Thu May 11, 2023 6:54 pm

Hopefully never, lets not turn this into TBC.

Boras

Post by Boras » Thu May 11, 2023 8:15 pm

everything is crossfaction. it doesn't matter. just roll horde if you want to play as shaman

Kobiq

Post by Kobiq » Tue May 30, 2023 4:44 pm

Please stop even thinking about this. I'd love to see another faction specific class, to bolster the lore diffrences and immersion even more.

Drubarrymooer

Post by Drubarrymooer » Wed May 31, 2023 5:07 am

So as a lifelong horde player, I'm leveling a paladin. I have to read the quests and even if I didn't and knew them all by heart, there are still a ton of new questing hubs. If you're looking for the same old vanilla grind, twow probably isn't the best place to be. Try giving horde a chance. Mulgore is a beautiful zone with great music and lots of simple quests. Give it a shot. You might love it.

Illyria

Post by Illyria » Wed May 31, 2023 10:39 am

Iamtmr wrote:
Thu May 11, 2023 3:45 pm
Is this something thats being worked on? Would be nice to play Shaman, but we all on alliance side.
NOOOOO!!!! Never never never

Heine

Post by Heine » Wed May 31, 2023 11:02 am

Kobiq wrote:
Tue May 30, 2023 4:44 pm
Please stop even thinking about this. I'd love to see another faction specific class, to bolster the lore diffrences and immersion even more.
Look at this boy speaking about immersion with these crossraids, illusions and happy cloud mounts around.

Zulnam

Post by Zulnam » Wed May 31, 2023 12:26 pm

Heine wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 11:02 am
Kobiq wrote:
Look at this boy speaking about immersion with these crossraids, illusions and happy cloud mounts around.
Fair point, but precisely because of those crossraids you don't need Shamans on Alliance or vice-versa.

BGs are the only place where faction immersion can still be a thing, happy cloud mounts be damned. Unlocking faction-locked classes would take that away.

Geojak

Post by Geojak » Wed May 31, 2023 2:56 pm

horde paladin, allaicne shaman would help ALOT in making each seaide understand the other better and make pvp discussion less toxic and more objective.

besides dwarf shaman, undead paladin alrent that lore outrageous and could be easiy made to fit the game

Bigsmerf

Post by Bigsmerf » Wed May 31, 2023 3:00 pm

Geojak wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 2:56 pm
horde paladin, allaicne shaman would help ALOT in making each seaide understand the other better and make pvp discussion less toxic and more objective.

besides dwarf shaman, undead paladin alrent that lore outrageous and could be easiy made to fit the game
I could surely see this happening, but in terms of keeping turtle relatively vanilla, I'd rather keep things the way they are. And toxicity isn't exactly the fault of game design, but that of the quick tempered or smooth brained people who can't adapt to it, or just be civil.

Kobiq

Post by Kobiq » Thu Jun 15, 2023 8:48 pm

Heine wrote:
Kobiq wrote:
Of course crossfaction is something that no longer makes a point with stable 4k population, "boy".

Trymv1

Post by Trymv1 » Fri Jun 16, 2023 6:18 am

Geojak wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 2:56 pm
Dwarf shammy is fine, dunno how everyone is suddenly like 'UNDEAD PALADIN IS FINE IN LORE' tho.

I blame Epoch.

Tauren and Troll Paladins via Sun and a Life-Loa worship made more sense in lore when you read into it (hell, Sunwalkers are technically DRUIDS and the Zandalari are just anti-death), people just irrationally hate the cows and refuse to look at 'classes' as anything but the specific branding I guess.

Karrados

Post by Karrados » Fri Jun 16, 2023 2:20 pm

Undead Paladins have been a thing since before Epoch.

The whole "Forsaken are only Shadow Priests" in lore is wrong too as one of the Vanilla quests even tells you that there is more to Priesthood than melting faces.
Our power comes from darkness and shadow, <name>, but that is not your only role. You have acknowledged that there is merit in knowing the healing arts. This is wise. But before you can know the dark, you must also know the light. And for this, I have a test for you.
Couple that with there being Sir Zeliek and you have the potential for Undead Paladins. I am not saying they SHOULD go with it, I am just saying that there is a case to be made.

The Light hurts the undead who use it because it makes them feel alive including maggots eating their rotten bodies and such afaik, this does not mean they can't make use of it.

Between Undead and Tauren I would probably pick Tauren though.

Elisleris

Post by Elisleris » Fri Jun 16, 2023 3:18 pm

There are some quests, that allow you to rise reputation with oposite factions.
Like The Super Egg-O-Matic and follow up.
Or finding Elders during Lunar festival.
May be there are some additional quests...
If you really want to play as Shaman on Alliance side, you can try to up reputation with Alliance factions from Hated to Neutral
Proof

Xeapor

Post by Xeapor » Sat Jun 17, 2023 8:16 pm

never change it please
What if me am that kind of Orc?

Jolikmc

Post by Jolikmc » Sun Jun 18, 2023 8:15 am

Elisleris wrote:
Fri Jun 16, 2023 3:18 pm
There are some quests, that allow you to rise reputation with oposite factions.
Like The Super Egg-O-Matic and follow up.
Or finding Elders during Lunar festival.
May be there are some additional quests...
If you really want to play as Shaman on Alliance side, you can try to up reputation with Alliance factions from Hated to Neutral
Proof
Typically speaking, under MaNGOS emulation, raising one's reputation with the opposing faction will not allow you to do their quests, interact with their NPCs, or anything like that. The most it will let you do is stroll through their territory unharmed.

Now, I'm not sure if this applies to Turtle WoW specifically as there have been a lot of modifications done to the software. For all I know, becoming Neutral with Thunder Bluff, for example, actually might let a Human do quests for Thunder Bluff NPCs. This would not apply to other sub-factions, however, such as Orgrimmar, the "Horde Forces" sub-faction some NPCs use, and of course, the PvP sub-factions. So, this same Human might wander into Thunder Bluff and get destroyed by, say, a Defiler's Den NPC, if they headed to that bluff.
Not currently playing. Just skulking and snarking~

Remmo87

Post by Remmo87 » Mon Jun 19, 2023 12:21 pm

NEVAH!
Morgruk - Orc Shaman
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

You think you do, but perhaps maybe 100% you don't not do.
Or... some of you might actually perhaps most surely do actually anyway, still.

Charanko

Post by Charanko » Mon Aug 14, 2023 2:14 pm

Please never ty :)
Orky Sulfuron Champion

Shaman111

Post by Shaman111 » Mon Aug 14, 2023 2:58 pm

Heine wrote:
Kobiq wrote:
crossraids isnt even that immersion breaking. player characters are adventurers, not soldiers enlisted in their faction armies. there are so many places in game where horde and alliance races interact together without hostility

Jammyxx

Post by Jammyxx » Mon Aug 14, 2023 2:58 pm

Sinrek

Post by Sinrek » Tue Aug 15, 2023 12:44 am

Iamtmr wrote:
Thu May 11, 2023 3:45 pm
Why would there be any work on this one? They never planned for it. Don't you follow their news and highlights for the upcoming content?
satisfied_turtle Slowly turtling my way up.

Dracarusggotham

Post by Dracarusggotham » Tue Aug 15, 2023 12:47 am

Never, Alliance have Paladins and Horde have Shamans.
Don't break that point, every faction needs her own class for make it special in some way.

If you want a Shaman create a Horde character.
Adding Shamans to the Alliance means the devs need to add the Paladins to the Horde, and you know what that means, right?

Two words: Blood Elfs.

Karrados

Post by Karrados » Tue Aug 15, 2023 2:01 am

There won't be any afaik, They already mentioned that they want to keep the Factions seperated and that includes Shamans and Paladins so don't count on it.

Mac

Post by Mac » Tue Aug 15, 2023 2:13 am

Never, which is to say sometime after they split the server.

Tutayanova

Post by Tutayanova » Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:26 am

Tauren paladin when?

Charanko

Post by Charanko » Tue Aug 15, 2023 8:49 am

Tutayanova wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:26 am
Tauren paladin when?
Youre gonna have to log in on battle.net for that one bro 🤣
Orky Sulfuron Champion

Foobs

Post by Foobs » Tue Aug 15, 2023 9:11 am

Yes Dwarf shaman for the win!!

I for one would encourage our twow overlords to do this soon!!

insidious_turtle
wary_turtle_head I'm just here for the GM's replies--Carry on!!

Tutayanova

Post by Tutayanova » Tue Aug 15, 2023 11:09 am

Charanko wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2023 8:49 am
Tutayanova wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:26 am
Tauren paladin when?
Youre gonna have to log in on battle.net for that one bro 🤣
No thx, i got enough with Tauren rogue.

Healthyboundary

Post by Healthyboundary » Tue Aug 15, 2023 1:39 pm

I would rather they add a rep system to turncoat on your faction and join the other one with your current character. Then it would be even more fun to have new faction specific classes.