RP hubs or locations?

Thag

RP hubs or locations?

Post by Thag » Mon Apr 03, 2023 7:26 am

Hey, i was wondering what the most populated RP spots are and around which times they pop off?
It's good to know, some people can be tracked through the RP addon sure but jumping through every zone can get tedious if one scoures them all ;P

Thanks in advance!
Peace.

Xerilin

Re: RP hubs or locations?

Post by Xerilin » Mon Apr 03, 2023 8:16 am

If you like event type of rp, I recommend joining discord. People post about their open events ahead of time and there is always a lot going on.
Komm zur Geheimen Zuflucht (RP-Gilde)! Wir haben Zimtschnecken!

Alienne Xerilin Rubinai Irrwisch Mekhalani Flinks Kinrela Cavy

Nilay

Post by Nilay » Mon Apr 03, 2023 8:30 am

Answering would be a difficult one.
I would say that you can met many people on neutral ground at the The Lions Pride Legion highquarter that is in Duskwood.
For Alliance, Stormwind is the spot where you will find most of the people doing RP, and many low level Rp players scattered in Duskwood, Westfall, Redridge and Elwynn. Ironforge can have some activity, but it's more rare.
For Horde, I don't have an Answer. Most RP I've done was in the Barrens and Crossroads, a central place.

I would advise to follow Xerilin, the Discord is the place to be for Looking for RP :)
( https://discord.gg/jqEx6NMabt )
I used to play eagerly here.

Tudounaozi

Post by Tudounaozi » Wed May 24, 2023 12:24 am

An RP hotspot is a hotspot by its people, not by its design. If there's any places that people agree to chill around on a regular basis, I will surely go there whenever I can to help.

Jolikmc

Post by Jolikmc » Wed May 24, 2023 7:00 am

In my experience, it seems like this server doesn't have "RP hubs" anymore. In the month that I've been playing (again), I've seen one roleplay event in Loch Modan which involved some NPCs. I think there was a meeting in the Dwarven District not too long ago, too, because Turtle RP displayed a cluster of dots over there for a good long while.

As for "in the wild" RP? I've seen people walking about in major cities and the like. Buuut, I've also seen people who were supposedly in-character (again, according to Turtle RP) running around, hopping about, and generally acting like "normal" players. I also see a lot of people using Turtle RP without actually filling it out. Very depressing.

I'm not saying wild roleplay doesn't happen. I've seen it happen in the past. But, for the most part, though, it seems like people just play the game normally despite their "RP status", then line up for specific events at specific times. Again, very depressing. ):
Not as depressing as the absolutely dead RP servers on Classic WoW after Season of Mastery was over, though. Hee hee.
Not currently playing. Just skulking and snarking~

Xerilin

Post by Xerilin » Wed May 24, 2023 10:25 am

Jolikmc wrote:
Wed May 24, 2023 7:00 am
In my experience, it seems like this server doesn't have "RP hubs" anymore. In the month that I've been playing (again), I've seen one roleplay event in Loch Modan which involved some NPCs. I think there was a meeting in the Dwarven District not too long ago, too, because Turtle RP displayed a cluster of dots over there for a good long while.

As for "in the wild" RP? I've seen people walking about in major cities and the like. Buuut, I've also seen people who were supposedly in-character (again, according to Turtle RP) running around, hopping about, and generally acting like "normal" players. I also see a lot of people using Turtle RP without actually filling it out. Very depressing.

I'm not saying wild roleplay doesn't happen. I've seen it happen in the past. But, for the most part, though, it seems like people just play the game normally despite their "RP status", then line up for specific events at specific times. Again, very depressing. ):
Not as depressing as the absolutely dead RP servers on Classic WoW after Season of Mastery was over, though. Hee hee.
I always mark my characters as IC, because I am always open for walk ups and when somebody does approach me, I will be IC. So you will see me just doing normal game stuff while flagged ic. I also don't write a lot in my profiles, sometimes just a name or at a glance and it is very different for different characters. I know some role players don't even use TRP at all. Maybe this is how others do it as well. Just try interacting with people, especially those using TRP. An empty profile doesn't have to mean anything. You may have fun. Open rp, or wild rp, as you call it, usually happens, when you initiate it. Just do it, when you feel like it. See how it goes.

Pistol

Post by Pistol » Wed Sep 20, 2023 6:04 pm

Most RP is guild based these days, really as it always was. If you wish to walk up to someone listed as IC then I would recommend doing so.
Nodoba Level 60 Hunter
Wolf Council (Officer) of <Wolfskull Clan>
Vorick Level 60 Warrior
Vanguard of <Wrath of the Forsaken>
And numerous other characters
Editor of the Gutter

Nilay

Post by Nilay » Wed Sep 20, 2023 6:35 pm

Unfortunately, and also quite nonsensically, 80% to 90% of event announcements are made on a dedicated RP discord, and sometimes on Twow's main discord, with little or no in-game announcement. There's really no point in reading chat channels like /RP because hardly anyone says anything or announces anything anywhere (whereas a simple copy and paste wouldn't kill anyone).

You'll find quality RP, and some really nice and friendly guilds. And in the almost 10 months I've been playing, I've definitely never come across anyone nasty. And yet: zero cooperation between the guilds has resulted in just a bit of RP from time to time in public at Stormwind: Mission impossible to get as many people as possible to discover RP or just to create a nice hub open to all. It's just incomprehensible from my point of view.
I used to play eagerly here.

Pistol

Post by Pistol » Mon Sep 25, 2023 8:25 pm

Nilay wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2023 6:35 pm
Unfortunately, and also quite nonsensically, 80% to 90% of event announcements are made on a dedicated RP discord, and sometimes on Twow's main discord, with little or no in-game announcement. There's really no point in reading chat channels like /RP because hardly anyone says anything or announces anything anywhere (whereas a simple copy and paste wouldn't kill anyone).

You'll find quality RP, and some really nice and friendly guilds. And in the almost 10 months I've been playing, I've definitely never come across anyone nasty. And yet: zero cooperation between the guilds has resulted in just a bit of RP from time to time in public at Stormwind: Mission impossible to get as many people as possible to discover RP or just to create a nice hub open to all. It's just incomprehensible from my point of view.
There has been some effort in regards to the Horde with inter guild collaboration, the Wolfskull Clan had an event with the Grimtusk Clan and has had events with the Lion's Pride Legion back in the day.

I really don't know what the situation is like alliance side these days, the only guild I was involved with is fairly inactive now.
Nodoba Level 60 Hunter
Wolf Council (Officer) of <Wolfskull Clan>
Vorick Level 60 Warrior
Vanguard of <Wrath of the Forsaken>
And numerous other characters
Editor of the Gutter