A sudden Sunday podcast about game design :)

Redmagejoe

Re: A sudden Sunday podcast about game design :)

Post by Redmagejoe » Sat May 20, 2023 6:13 am

Everything you just said is completely irrelevant to the point being made. Can you at least try to stay on the topic you started? This was about quest writing, not about the quest design.

Xudo

Post by Xudo » Sat May 20, 2023 6:23 am

My point is "quest to kill 10 stuff" is joke anyway with or without long texts. You pretend there is some immersion, but there is none.
Immersion is not in text. It is in how world react on your actions.
Xudo - tauren warrior 19 Sergeant armory. Consumed by real life.
No 60 lvl character.
Applying enchant to item should increase required level
Add lvl requirement to bandages
Best and optimal gear for 10-19 twinks
Have fun not only at 60.

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Sat May 20, 2023 6:24 am

That's your subjective opinion, and you're entitled to it, wrong or otherwise. Immersion isn't what you specifically define it as. You're just asking for more complicated quest design (a fair request) but you're hiding behind questioning the quest writing. These are two different, separate things. You may want to sort your thoughts before making another post.

Xudo

Post by Xudo » Sat May 20, 2023 6:32 am

Actually, this discussion led me to this point. So thank you for participation. You did some good points along with personal attacks.
No 60 lvl character.
Have fun not only at 60.

Integer667

Post by Integer667 » Sat May 20, 2023 6:43 am

every quest in the game is kill x, collect y, talk to z, the only thing that changes is the narrative, you shouldn't expect some major overhaul on the questing system on a nearly two decade old game, even if developers broke through engine limitations and created a more dynamic questing system it'd require monstrous amount of work on every zone just switch things up for it to be become stale again after the few times you do it and the novelty wears off

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Sat May 20, 2023 6:45 am

Xudo wrote:
Sat May 20, 2023 6:32 am
Actually, this discussion led me to this point. So thank you for participation. You did some good points along with personal attacks.
I'm glad you got to spin your wheels and contributed nothing to the overall discussion other than to ask a question that was either profoundly poorly thought out at best, or genuinely in favor of casualization at the worst and completely derail the topic with your refutations of your own easily-referenced statements. It is a truly special skill after being called out on this and soundly confronted with your own words time and again to hold your head up high and write a passive-aggressive closing statement. The words for that quality are anything but flattering, so I'll let your imagination do the work; it's certainly active enough to allow you to maintain the delusion you live within judging by the way you write.

Xudo

Post by Xudo » Tue May 23, 2023 9:57 am

Integer667 wrote:
Sat May 20, 2023 6:43 am
every quest in the game is kill x, collect y, talk to z, the only thing that changes is the narrative, you shouldn't expect some major overhaul on the questing system on a nearly two decade old game, even if developers broke through engine limitations and created a more dynamic questing system it'd require monstrous amount of work on every zone just switch things up for it to be become stale again after the few times you do it and the novelty wears off
I perfectly understand that there is a tool limitation. Devs menthioned that in podcast.
Dave made very good point: make a tool and ask players to create content.
It should be supported by guideline and some preliminal learning and QA.
But if the goal is to make "better world", then it worth doing.
This process has very little design limitations compared to making world PvP fair and fun (for everyone) or making elemental shamans viable raid tanks.
No 60 lvl character.
Have fun not only at 60.

Bayanni

Post by Bayanni » Wed May 24, 2023 4:47 am

I don't understand why you keep talking to a self-proclaimed forum troll
Just add to your ignore list and move on, he will not say anything of value that you are in danger of missing