SoW/JoW cause zero threat and need to be fixed

Post Reply
Boras
Posts: 133

SoW/JoW cause zero threat and need to be fixed

Post by Boras » Mon May 22, 2023 9:36 pm

Paladins are very mana dependant and mana regeneration is a necessity in order to keep tanking effectively. They are also known as THE aoe tanks since they are able to generate so much threat to all mobs via ret aura, consecration, holy shield, redoubt, blessing of sanctuary, seal of wisdom, and judgement of wisdom.

However, there is a very serious problem with this server as wisdom procs DO NOT cause any threat whatsoever. Every point of mana regenned via a wisdom proc should give 0.5 threat. This is not the case. Righteous fury should also affect this just like seal of light and judgement of light. So, for every point of mana regenned by the prot paladin with RF on, they should be receiving 0.95 threat. This needs to be addressed immediately as it is a very game breaking bug.

All holy spells cast by the paladin are modified by righteous fury for all those who refuse to believe. This means blessings, seals, judgement procs, etc and should reflect this on turtle wow.


Rat2156
Posts: 271

Re: SoW/JoW cause zero threat and need to be fixed

Post by Rat2156 » Tue May 23, 2023 12:21 am

Yeah, this bug is pretty much singlehandedly responsible for knocking protadins from best threat generators to struggling to keep up with threat.

SoW is supposed to be the big threat seal for prot, but as it stands it generates literally 0 threat

Balake
Posts: 735

Re: SoW/JoW cause zero threat and need to be fixed

Post by Balake » Tue May 23, 2023 8:37 am

Just some fun server history fact: Some time ago, maybe 6 months, judgement of light healing was credited to the paladin who casted the judgement, and the threat it did was also given to that paladin. Paladins on fights like Sapphiron and Vael could get a lot of threat from constantly healing the whole raid.

Then they changed it so the healing belonged to the person who got healed, because the previous system meant if a flagged person hit the mob and procced the judgement, the paladin will get flagged since technically the paladin healed that player. This was abused a bit to kill a few hardcore paladins so they changed it.

Funny, if you really look deep into it, hardcores made them nerf paladins dead_turtle_head

Boras
Posts: 133

Re: SoW/JoW cause zero threat and need to be fixed

Post by Boras » Tue May 23, 2023 5:27 pm

Balake wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 8:37 am
Just some fun server history fact: Some time ago, maybe 6 months, judgement of light healing was credited to the paladin who casted the judgement, and the threat it did was also given to that paladin. Paladins on fights like Sapphiron and Vael could get a lot of threat from constantly healing the whole raid.

Then they changed it so the healing belonged to the person who got healed, because the previous system meant if a flagged person hit the mob and procced the judgement, the paladin will get flagged since technically the paladin healed that player. This was abused a bit to kill a few hardcore paladins so they changed it.

Funny, if you really look deep into it, hardcores made them nerf paladins dead_turtle_head
That wasn’t a nerf. That was a bug fix. The proc from light or wisdom gives threat to the person receiving it.

Boras
Posts: 133

Re: SoW/JoW cause zero threat and need to be fixed

Post by Boras » Wed May 24, 2023 12:49 am

Bumping because this is still a very serious bug for protection paladins

Kobiq
Posts: 51

Re: SoW/JoW cause zero threat and need to be fixed

Post by Kobiq » Tue May 30, 2023 4:48 pm

bumping

User avatar
Getplucked
Posts: 253

Re: SoW/JoW cause zero threat and need to be fixed

Post by Getplucked » Wed May 31, 2023 7:52 pm

I thought mana gains caused threat for the person who gained the mana? At least that's how it works with all other mana gains I can think of.

Boras
Posts: 133

Re: SoW/JoW cause zero threat and need to be fixed

Post by Boras » Thu Jun 01, 2023 2:03 am

Getplucked wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 7:52 pm
I thought mana gains caused threat for the person who gained the mana? At least that's how it works with all other mana gains I can think of.
Right now, wisdom procs cause zero threat to anybody. Resource generation outside of regular generation is supposed to cause threat. I know for a fact rage potions also cause zero threat too which also needs to be fixed.

Drubarrymooer
Posts: 864

Re: SoW/JoW cause zero threat and need to be fixed

Post by Drubarrymooer » Thu Jun 01, 2023 2:54 am

Forgive me. I know I'm not as smart about wow as many here are. But wouldn't this kill priests on the threat meter? VE mana return is crazy high, and healing priests have the highest mp5 usually, couple that along with healing aggro. Or am I misunderstanding the mechanic?

Boras
Posts: 133

Re: SoW/JoW cause zero threat and need to be fixed

Post by Boras » Thu Jun 01, 2023 4:38 am

Drubarrymooer wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 2:54 am
Forgive me. I know I'm not as smart about wow as many here are. But wouldn't this kill priests on the threat meter? VE mana return is crazy high, and healing priests have the highest mp5 usually, couple that along with healing aggro. Or am I misunderstanding the mechanic?
I don’t know if vampiric embrace is working properly. This is for wisdom procs from paladins. Passive generation doesn’t cause threat. Active generation does. Potions are an example of this. If you pop a mana potion and it gives you 1000 mana, you gain 500 threat spread between all mobs on the threat table.

Drubarrymooer
Posts: 864

Re: SoW/JoW cause zero threat and need to be fixed

Post by Drubarrymooer » Thu Jun 01, 2023 4:52 am

Boras wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 4:38 am
Drubarrymooer wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 2:54 am
Forgive me. I know I'm not as smart about wow as many here are. But wouldn't this kill priests on the threat meter? VE mana return is crazy high, and healing priests have the highest mp5 usually, couple that along with healing aggro. Or am I misunderstanding the mechanic?
I don’t know if vampiric embrace is working properly. This is for wisdom procs from paladins. Passive generation doesn’t cause threat. Active generation does. Potions are an example of this. If you pop a mana potion and it gives you 1000 mana, you gain 500 threat spread between all mobs on the threat table.
Ok, cool. I didn't know the game delineated between the two. Good to know. Thanks

Boras
Posts: 133

Re: SoW/JoW cause zero threat and need to be fixed

Post by Boras » Mon Jun 05, 2023 4:44 pm

Still an issue and needs to be addressed.

User avatar
Edouchan
Posts: 26

Re: SoW/JoW cause zero threat and need to be fixed

Post by Edouchan » Tue Jun 06, 2023 2:16 am

bump for pls do this

Boras
Posts: 133

Re: SoW/JoW cause zero threat and need to be fixed

Post by Boras » Sun Jun 11, 2023 2:32 pm

weekly reminder that this hasn't been fixed yet

Happyswetie
Posts: 10

Re: SoW/JoW cause zero threat and need to be fixed

Post by Happyswetie » Sun Jun 11, 2023 8:19 pm

hope this got fixed soon

Kobiq
Posts: 51

Re: SoW/JoW cause zero threat and need to be fixed

Post by Kobiq » Thu Jun 15, 2023 11:42 am

To be honest, I think what we really need is make SoR cause like x2 threat and we good. ATM you have to burn everything cause threat is low, which renders your mana low, so you need SoW. If we had reliable "tanking" seal, that would be solved. And it's always easier to add "*2" multiplier somewhere in the code rather than to fix a bug which needs to be investigated.

Happyswetie
Posts: 10

Re: SoW/JoW cause zero threat and need to be fixed

Post by Happyswetie » Thu Jun 15, 2023 12:13 pm

Kobiq wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2023 11:42 am
To be honest, I think what we really need is make SoR cause like x2 threat and we good. ATM you have to burn everything cause threat is low, which renders your mana low, so you need SoW. If we had reliable "tanking" seal, that would be solved. And it's always easier to add "*2" multiplier somewhere in the code rather than to fix a bug which needs to be investigated.
still prefer bug fix rather than a new custom change not only for logical continuity also because mana regen causes group threat while SoR only affects
single target

User avatar
Edouchan
Posts: 26

Re: SoW/JoW cause zero threat and need to be fixed

Post by Edouchan » Wed Jun 21, 2023 12:48 am

bumpin'

Post Reply