Turtle HD Project

Faustorgo

Re: Turtle HD (WIP)

Post by Faustorgo » Mon May 22, 2023 9:12 pm

Dhrazar wrote:
Mon May 22, 2023 7:13 pm
Where do you guys have different loading screens? I just have this Alliance one, no matter which Zone I am.
there was another patch x or y i think few pages before this one, who makes your loading screens and intro looks like original vanilla , look for it :D

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Mon May 22, 2023 9:21 pm

Dhrazar wrote:
Where do you guys have different loading screens? I just have this Alliance one, no matter which Zone I am.
Whether you have Horde or Alliance loading screen depends on the continent. Kalimdor is generally the "Horde" loading screen (Kalimdor races) and Eastern Kingdoms is generally the "Alliance" loading screen (Eastern Kingdoms races). At least that's how the vanilla ones displayed, with just the races and no signage. I believe the HD patch essentially labels them as Horde and Alliance outright.

Dhrazar

Post by Dhrazar » Mon May 22, 2023 10:57 pm

Redmagejoe wrote:
Mon May 22, 2023 9:21 pm
Dhrazar wrote:
Whether you have Horde or Alliance loading screen depends on the continent. Kalimdor is generally the "Horde" loading screen (Kalimdor races) and Eastern Kingdoms is generally the "Alliance" loading screen (Eastern Kingdoms races). At least that's how the vanilla ones displayed, with just the races and no signage. I believe the HD patch essentially labels them as Horde and Alliance outright.
Ahhh okay. I always thought each zone had their unique loading screen back in vanilla. So was this a tbc thing?

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Tue May 23, 2023 12:06 am

Dhrazar wrote:
Mon May 22, 2023 10:57 pm
Ahhh okay. I always thought each zone had their unique loading screen back in vanilla. So was this a tbc thing?
This is the vanilla Eastern Kingdoms loading screen. This is the vanilla Kalimdor loading screen. It appears that the HD patch replaced those instead with the Champions' Hall loading screens.

Visagezero

Post by Visagezero » Tue May 23, 2023 5:41 am

I noticed the new undergarment textures for the dark elf skin persist when wearing equipment, and you can see it on a few select pieces of gear. Here's a comparison between a high elf and dark elf wearing a chest piece.

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Tue May 23, 2023 7:09 am

Visagezero wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 5:41 am
The permanent underwear issue is a WIP. Some clever manipulation of CharSections.dbc may be required, but this is the same issue that plagues base Turtle donation shop skins not having any underwear at all.

Meskhi

Post by Meskhi » Tue May 23, 2023 7:11 am

Redmagejoe wrote:
Mon May 22, 2023 8:10 am
We are very quickly approaching a day where the Turtle HD patch will be indistinguishable in quality from an officially-supported graphics patch!
Not with the weapon swap animation bug it won't.

Astricon

Post by Astricon » Tue May 23, 2023 8:29 am

Meskhi wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 7:11 am
Redmagejoe wrote:
We are very quickly approaching a day where the Turtle HD patch will be indistinguishable in quality from an officially-supported graphics patch!
If you have any ideas of how to fix it, I'd like to know. I'm genuinely clueless for how to do it, so help out please.

Dhrazar

Post by Dhrazar » Tue May 23, 2023 11:26 am

Astricon wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 8:29 am
Meskhi wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 7:11 am
Redmagejoe wrote:
If you have any ideas of how to fix it, I'd like to know. I'm genuinely clueless for how to do it, so help out please.
Could it be possible, to show the weapons in your hands, after you pull it? I mean not during the Animation itself, rather after. Like it is now, targeting a mob, the character has the weapons in his hands.
When I click an NPC Vendor, Weapon appears on the back.

Vukodlak

Post by Vukodlak » Wed May 24, 2023 12:45 am

There is one graphic glitch when you play Undead (I play hunter) and try to fire with your crossbow. The belt iis getting shoot not directly from your ranger weapon but few steps from your left.

Grauhase

Post by Grauhase » Wed May 24, 2023 4:20 am

Hey guys,

I've been a huge fan of this project since the first week I started playing Turtle WoW and I have to say it makes the game much more immersive! Thank you so much for this!

That being sad, I must confess I don't like most of the changes made to the spell sounds. I know it's just a matter of preference, but I have a feeling that one generic sound is now used for several spells, e.g. mage... evocation, teleport, frostbolt (just to name a few).... they all sound almost the same, just slightly different. Actually it happens with all classes, I'm kind of an Altaholic so I play with all classes. :P
So, I have a question... I don't know if it's possible or if it would be too hard to do (I'm totally ignorant about this mod thing): is this a way to keep all the graphical improvements you guys made (which I love ) but keep the original vanilla sounds?

Astricon

Post by Astricon » Wed May 24, 2023 5:49 am

Grauhase wrote:
Wed May 24, 2023 4:20 am
Hey guys,

I've been a huge fan of this project since the first week I started playing Turtle WoW and I have to say it makes the game much more immersive! Thank you so much for this!

That being sad, I must confess I don't like most of the changes made to the spell sounds. I know it's just a matter of preference, but I have a feeling that one generic sound is now used for several spells, e.g. mage... evocation, teleport, frostbolt (just to name a few).... they all sound almost the same, just slightly different. Actually it happens with all classes, I'm kind of an Altaholic so I play with all classes. :P
So, I have a question... I don't know if it's possible or if it would be too hard to do (I'm totally ignorant about this mod thing): is this a way to keep all the graphical improvements you guys made (which I love ) but keep the original vanilla sounds?
Hi there! There is a way to switch back to classic sounds, but you will also lose any changes to the visual effects. You will have to open patch-A with an MPQ editor and go into DBFilesClient folder. Then delete the following dbc files:

SoundEntries
Spell
SpellVisual
SpellVisualEffectName]
SpellVisualKit

Then go into the Sound folder and delete the whole Spells folder.

Unfortunately this fix requires you to repeat these steps every time you download a new version of patch-A. The only fix to this would be to manually make a new patch, call it something like patch-E, and put copies of all the classic sound files in there where the current HD versions are, naming them the same thing as the sound you want to replace. This will be tedious and as I add more HD sounds you will have to keep replacing my changes, sorry. This is the only solution that is long term, keeps the visual changes, and doesn't require you to edit the dbcs yourself. If you want to edit the dbcs, then there are other options too, but they are also...tedious.

EDIT: Oh, I just realized I should have been clearer about the results of deleting the dbcs and sound files. If you do this, you will lose some spell visual effect changes that I made, such as Paladin Holy Strike resembling Priest Smite, but you probably won't lose the replacement effects that were in the mod before I came around--however some of these are buggy.

Grauhase

Post by Grauhase » Wed May 24, 2023 7:01 am

Hi there! There is a way to switch back to classic sounds, but you will also lose any changes to the visual effects. You will have to open patch-A with an MPQ editor and go into DBFilesClient folder. Then delete the following dbc files:

SoundEntries
Spell
SpellVisual
SpellVisualEffectName]
SpellVisualKit

Hi Astricon !

Thanks for your time and kindness to explain how to do it... :)

Mibus

Post by Mibus » Wed May 24, 2023 8:15 am

No animation missiles in Arcane Missiles scared_turtle_head

Drip

Post by Drip » Wed May 24, 2023 9:05 am

I really like the HD pack and it makes a lot of the mounts look amazing. The swift horde worg, though, just had a blob of orange where the armor is.

Astricon

Post by Astricon » Wed May 24, 2023 9:29 am

Known and known

Bittermens

Post by Bittermens » Wed May 24, 2023 3:00 pm

Astricon wrote:
Wed May 24, 2023 5:49 am
Grauhase wrote:
Wed May 24, 2023 4:20 am
Hey guys,

SoundEntries
Spell
SpellVisual
SpellVisualEffectName]
SpellVisualKit

Then go into the Sound folder and delete the whole Spells folder.

Unfortunately this fix requires you to repeat these steps every time you download a new version of patch-A. The only fix to this would be to manually make a new patch, call it something like patch-E, and put copies of all the classic sound files in there where the current HD versions are, naming them the same thing as the sound you want to replace. This will be tedious and as I add more HD sounds you will have to keep replacing my changes, sorry. This is the only solution that is long term, keeps the visual changes, and doesn't require you to edit the dbcs yourself. If you want to edit the dbcs, then there are other options too, but they are also...tedious.

EDIT: Oh, I just realized I should have been clearer about the results of deleting the dbcs and sound files. If you do this, you will lose some spell visual effect changes that I made, such as Paladin Holy Strike resembling Priest Smite, but you probably won't lose the replacement effects that were in the mod before I came around--however some of these are buggy.
Make those optional as patch-D

Also is better to check for this if its possible to port it back.
https://model-changing.net/index.php?ap ... iew&id=226

Astricon

Post by Astricon » Wed May 24, 2023 4:51 pm

Bittermens wrote:
Wed May 24, 2023 3:00 pm

Are you volunteering? If so thank you since as I stated it would be so much work.

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Wed May 24, 2023 5:13 pm

Bittermens wrote:
Wed May 24, 2023 3:00 pm
What Astricon said. You can't just "make a patch-D" of something that SUBTRACTS from patch-A. You would have to entirely rebuild patch-A or write a patch-D that changes a great many things. Read the red text at the top of the first post of this thread. The contributors are already working hard at no compensation to themselves to create the updates for this patch. If you don't like something about the patch, don't use it, or make you own derivative version. We cannot spare the resources to make variation patches to accommodate 1 or 2 people.

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Wed May 24, 2023 5:50 pm

********** UPDATE **********

A new version of patch-A is available on the front page! All NPC prebaked textures have been fixed all across Azeroth. No more NPCs with freaky faces! Praise be to the mad lad Astricon!

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Wed May 24, 2023 8:38 pm

Known bugs on current version:
Decoy Dragonlings (mechanical whelps) in Hateforge Quarry are still texture bugged
Weird checkered cubes on hands after Mage casts Brilliance Aura for about 2 minutes.

Vukodlak

Post by Vukodlak » Thu May 25, 2023 1:44 am

And this autofire but where the arrows/bullets came not from weapon but from couple feet left.

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Thu May 25, 2023 2:57 am

Vukodlak wrote:
Thu May 25, 2023 1:44 am
And this autofire but where the arrows/bullets came not from weapon but from couple feet left.
I'm curious if this has something to do with model data that isn't compatible with Undead Hunters. This may be a more difficult fix than at first glance, if it requires tampering with model data.

Dhrazar

Post by Dhrazar » Thu May 25, 2023 9:42 am

Redmagejoe wrote:
Wed May 24, 2023 5:50 pm
********** UPDATE **********

A new version of patch-A is available on the front page! All NPC prebaked textures have been fixed all across Azeroth. No more NPCs with freaky faces! Praise be to the mad lad Astricon!
There's in Theramore at the Gryphon Master an issue with Sergeant Terresas face.

Gundhulu

Post by Gundhulu » Thu May 25, 2023 2:12 pm

There seems to be an issue with tauren, as someone has posted in the thread ealier, this issue is still unidentified/unresolved.

It has happened multiple times when I get a #132 crash as soon as I click on male tauren button at character creation. However this error is very difficult to reproduce on purpose, I tried spam clicking "random" button at tauren creation and there was no crash. This crash seems to only happen when it's not expected KEKW.

Personally I do not think this is a high prio issue, just want to point out that it's there.

https://pasteboard.co/FzCQY7jtc7vf.jpg

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Thu May 25, 2023 2:41 pm

Cannot reproduce this Tauren issue at all.

Bittermens

Post by Bittermens » Thu May 25, 2023 9:35 pm

the tauren mobs in dustwallow suffers from mishmash face

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Thu May 25, 2023 9:55 pm

Could you give us the names or, more helpfully, their entries on https://database.turtle-wow.org ?

Bittermens

Post by Bittermens » Fri May 26, 2023 12:00 am

Nevermind, All brackenwall tauren had their faces fixed.
the only issue as of now is the NPC in theramore Sergeant Terresa
https://database.turtle-wow.org/?npc=60732

Furitus

Post by Furitus » Fri May 26, 2023 5:26 pm

my undead is missing half of his face with certain helmets is that being worked on ?

Astricon

Post by Astricon » Sat May 27, 2023 12:12 am

Furitus wrote:
Fri May 26, 2023 5:26 pm
my undead is missing half of his face with certain helmets is that being worked on ?
that's probably due to the helmet model being different without the HD patch. if you turn off the HD patch does the helmet model make sense for not displaying half the face?

Zer0cool

Post by Zer0cool » Sat May 27, 2023 8:31 am

Gundhulu wrote:
Thu May 25, 2023 2:12 pm
There seems to be an issue with tauren, as someone has posted in the thread ealier, this issue is still unidentified/unresolved.

It has happened multiple times when I get a #132 crash as soon as I click on male tauren button at character creation. However this error is very difficult to reproduce on purpose, I tried spam clicking “random” button at tauren creation and there was no crash. This crash seems to only happen when it's not expected KEKW.

Personally I do not think this is a high prio issue, just want to point out that it's there.

https://pasteboard.co/FzCQY7jtc7vf.jpg
The error #132 back then when I was making the mod for 1.12 classic it was reported from some people that also had the same issue in the cities or where it was really crowed, as some people report here. It can happen randomly though and to me wasn't an issue due to that time that I was working the mod. It had to do with the memory usage from the game, since back then, Blizzard didn't think that would need above 2 GB of memory.

Since high resolution models appeared with the mod, there was a modified WoW.exe that could handle 4Gb of memory for the models and help with such crashes some people reported. Is the new version of wow.exe file handling the same memory capacity or not. Cause if not, maybe Redmage should report it to the Turtle team, and then fix the exe file to handle more memory or another moder take step and check the .exe file.

Astricon

Post by Astricon » Sat May 27, 2023 8:43 am

Zer0cool wrote:
Sat May 27, 2023 8:31 am
Is the new version of wow.exe file handling the same memory capacity or not.
I've been using the upgraded memory mod and have had very few if any crashes that weren't my own fault I'm pretty sure.

Grauhase

Post by Grauhase » Sat May 27, 2023 9:11 am

I've been using the upgraded memory mod and have had very few if any crashes that weren't my own fault I'm pretty sure.
Memory mod? Whats this about? Where can I get it?

Furitus

Post by Furitus » Sat May 27, 2023 9:53 am

Astricon wrote:
Sat May 27, 2023 12:12 am
Furitus wrote:
Fri May 26, 2023 5:26 pm
that's probably due to the helmet model being different without the HD patch. if you turn off the HD patch does the helmet model make sense for not displaying half the face?
With or without HD patch its the same, half of the face below the eyes is missing.

https://imgur.com/V3RTp3H