New Hardmode: FFA

Kazgrim

New Hardmode: FFA

Post by Kazgrim » Mon Dec 23, 2019 10:15 pm

Would the community be interested in the possibility of a new hardmode, Free For All (FFA) PvP?

I would suggest that such a mode would pique interest in new players who are looking for a PvP vanilla realm, who would normally overlook our server because it is PvE.

PvP servers have massive appeal, and are generally the preferred playstyle of players who play classic (vanilla) wow. I believe such a feature is a good opportunity to market our server to an entire new audience with something that is unique to the vanilla private server scene: FFA.

The rules of FFA are simple:

- Free for all pvp. Horde can attack Horde, Alliance can attack Alliance, and so forth.

- When you enable FFA on your character, you are vulnerable to anyone at all times.

- You must choose to play FFA before reaching level 10 (To avoid unfair advantage of old versus new players)

- FFA mode is reversible, but cannot be started again after level 10.

Questions, comments, support?
Chieftain of the Dreadskull Clan
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=552

Check out my patches in the modding section!
viewforum.php?f=29

Mrrosh

Re: New Hardmode: FFA

Post by Mrrosh » Mon Dec 23, 2019 10:25 pm

Definitely a great idea! It would make the PvP scene more interesting.

Qixel

Post by Qixel » Tue Dec 24, 2019 12:13 am

So long as those not on the mode are not in danger of those who did, I don't care. That said, the people pvp servers appeal to might not find a warm welcome from the community here, however, pve server or no.

Yutilk

Post by Yutilk » Tue Dec 24, 2019 5:31 pm

Kazgrim wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 10:15 pm
Would the community be interested in the possibility of a new hardmode, Free For All (FFA) PvP?
Yes, this sounds awesome!
Shaman Raid Tank, Priest Tank, Rogue Tank, Support Warrior, etc... I'm Livestreaming!